Ali Of Nelly's St. Lunatics Has A Question About "The Evolution of Hip-hop"

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+28  101
75 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

3 days ago '04        #51
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
Props total: 6188 6 K  Slaps total: 270 270
The show isnt done in chronological order, it’s done off of what idea leads into the next. It’s pretty obvious and it helps it flow well. Did he not watch the other three seasons?
+2   

3 days ago '17        #52
Poncho520 
space
space
Props total: 6184 6 K  Slaps total: 578 578
 Cartel-Clipz said
n*gga ain't blow making this gimmicky BAPS trash. They tried to ride that ATL wave of ghetto coonery marketing and it didn't work. Even the ATL Artists who had success were one hit wonders with that super ghetto approach. While people were making these cringe singles the hungry artists were making classic mixtapes and refining they skills.

3 days ago '12        #53
illEskobar 
space
space
Props total: 2767 2 K  Slaps total: 178 178
 Boogie1790 said
He tripping for no reason, Memphis got left out and they had a much bigger impact then st Louis
They definitely talked about Memphis on that show and the horrocore rap style of three 6
+1   

3 days ago '14        #54
Relzuno 
space
space
Props total: 714 714  Slaps total: 59 59
 Simp Hand Weak said
The band aid was the only thing original
For some reason, I recall Illegal (Malik and Jamal) rocking the band aid back in the early 90ís. I think it was a Word Up or Right On magazine. But I canít find it anywhere online.

Anyone else remember that? Or am I nuts?
+1   

3 days ago '04        #55
mt fuji 
space
space
Props total: 1903 1 K  Slaps total: 254 254
 Illuminati 8ob said
I mean what did they contribute besides band aids on your face & Air Force oneís resurgence. Nelly maybe could have got a mention but the Lunatiks werenít setting any trends outside of regional. Nelly & tha Lunatiks got their music played out West but they didnít influence anything or make any major contributions so I see why they skipped them. And as I said if anyone should get mentioned itís Nelly not this dude.
Air Force ones resurgence?
Bro they k*lled Air Force Once for a short while tbh.

Other then that, you are spot on!

3 days ago '20        #56
Abso 
space
space
Props total: 296 296  Slaps total: 51 51
 Mrknowitall said
Tip Drill is one of the best video in Hip Hop history.

Yes lawd
+2   

3 days ago '11        #57
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17402 17 K  Slaps total: 1039 1 K
 Illuminati 8ob said
How old is this Black Santa looking muthafu*ka?!

I didnít think Nelly and them were that old?

My bad not on topic but itís the first thing that came to mind.
 Simp Hand Weak said
Nelly was dressing like the typical East coast rapper with the jerseys, durags and forces that's why they cut him out
nelly used to fake his age. dude was like almost 30 when he came on the scene. i was suprised too cause i alwys figured he was a kid when he came on. the same with eminem. ali is older so he must be pushing 50 or over.

3 days ago '04        #58
mt fuji 
space
space
Props total: 1903 1 K  Slaps total: 254 254
 Relzuno said
For some reason, I recall Illegal (Malik and Jamal) rocking the band aid back in the early 90ís. I think it was a Word Up or Right On magazine. But I canít find it anywhere online.

Anyone else remember that? Or am I nuts?
Facts. That band aid sh*t started in NY too bro.
+1   

3 days ago '12        #59
The Consultant 
space
space
Props total: 38689 38 K  Slaps total: 2538 2 K
 kuul said
People on TV dye their beards so much Ali looks like he 800 years old with his natural greys
Bruh.. it seems men are going grey so damn early these days. sh*t is crazy, something going in imo.

My homeboy got a big a*s grey patch in his beard. Won't be long until it's all grey.

I know it's coming for me.

+6   

3 days ago '06        #60
tonygunz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1645 1 K  Slaps total: 76 76
They did major numbers, but what he's failing to realize is as far as St. Louis, it was pretty much just them and Chingy. Their city didn't have a full-on movement that was recognized on a national/international stage, and their city didn't have a distinct sound or style of music. The series had Memphis because that city originated a sound that shaped and influenced the entire soundscape of hip hop. Goes without saying why they had ATL and NY. Texas, Houston to be specific, had several artists and had a distinct sound with bringing screw music to the masses. Had all of the members of the St. Lunatics been solo artist, and brought a new sound or movement to the game, I'm certain they would have been recognized. If they would have included St. Louis, it would really only be for the success of the two artists Nelly/St. Lunatics and Chingy (....sorry J'Kwon).
+4   

3 days ago '19        #61
Rocko 
space
space
space
Props total: 2580 2 K  Slaps total: 740 740
Never forget KRS-One popping sh*t and getting BODY'D by Nelly on wax.

I see alot of y'all trying to quietly sweep that under the rug.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-14-2020 at 08:17 AM..
+5   

3 days ago '15        #62
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 21050 21 K  Slaps total: 2107 2 K
 Simp Hand Weak said
Nelly was dressing like the typical East coast rapper with the jerseys, durags and forces that's why they cut him out
Nelly was more influential musically and slang than actual fashion sense.

Musically could be credited to Ja Rule tho but slang for sure.
+2   

3 days ago '16        #63
stealthm91  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 22260 22 K  Slaps total: 3394 3 K

+3   

3 days ago '13        #64
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 63309 63 K  Slaps total: 10931 10 K
Canít spell Hustle without the STL
+1   

3 days ago '14        #65
freezetag 
space
space
Props total: 9872 9 K  Slaps total: 1017 1 K
 lilshun said
Air force 1s resurgence? We were rocking those sh*ts b4 that song even came out. I hated that song
this how you know Nelly bum a*s was about 10 years too late....every region has a custom name for them. Nobody calls them what they actually are.

in NC we call them "big nikes"

trash a*s song
+2   

3 days ago '10        #66
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 39942 39 K  Slaps total: 3971 3 K

+1   

3 days ago '15        #67
richmoneycash 
space
space
Props total: 8889 8 K  Slaps total: 595 595
They coulda did a Midwest section tho with Chicago, Cleveland and STL. Bone, Twista, Do or Die, and Crucial conflict.
+6   

3 days ago '12        #68
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
Props total: 7896 7 K  Slaps total: 600 600
 realkilla3 said
Ali has a point but so do you and at the time I didn't think about it but they definitely skipped over Memphis but if I'm not mistaken they have went back and forth with the time periods so they could come back with a Memphis/St Louis episode
Came in to say this. The show is an evolving docuseries. No telling what topics they'll touch on in future seasons.

3 days ago '06        #69
28 Gramz 
space
space
Props total: 7455 7 K  Slaps total: 1299 1 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
No hate but Ali bugging I just watched the first season and legit shed tears, as a hardcore hip hop head, sh*t made me go watch wild style again, for like the 100 time.
Dude who did the series was spot on.

As a person who lived the early hip hop days he covered all the bases.

I hate when dudes don't know their position.

This show was about areas that changed the course of the culture St Louis nor Memphis did that.
Memphis put a sound on the map that still runs the game today, you sound dumb af.
+6   

3 days ago '15        #70
richmoneycash 
space
space
Props total: 8889 8 K  Slaps total: 595 595
 28 Gramz said
Memphis put a sound on the map that still runs the game today, you sound dumb af.
Yea 4 real. Memphis influence is huge. Don't know how he came up with that.
+5   

3 days ago '07        #71
Repressed 
space
space
Props total: 1851 1 K  Slaps total: 133 133
 28 Gramz said
Thank you.

Memphis music in general, not just rap has a HEAVY influence on music today.
+3   

3 days ago '04        #72
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
Props total: 6188 6 K  Slaps total: 270 270
 tonygunz said
They did major numbers, but what he's failing to realize is as far as St. Louis, it was pretty much just them and Chingy. Their city didn't have a full-on movement that was recognized on a national/international stage, and their city didn't have a distinct sound or style of music. The series had Memphis because that city originated a sound that shaped and influenced the entire soundscape of hip hop. Goes without saying why they had ATL and NY. Texas, Houston to be specific, had several artists and had a distinct sound with bringing screw music to the masses. Had all of the members of the St. Lunatics been solo artist, and brought a new sound or movement to the game, I'm certain they would have been recognized. If they would have included St. Louis, it would really only be for the success of the two artists Nelly/St. Lunatics and Chingy (....sorry J'Kwon).

It’s time to remember another St. Louis talent...Nelly clone aka Pretty Willie

+4   

3 days ago '04        #73
Tikyle2 
space
space
Props total: 3211 3 K  Slaps total: 568 568
 Mrknowitall said
Tip Drill is one of the best video in Hip Hop history.

freezetag said
My n*gga that one backing up is video vixen goat...god I would love to she look like now.
That's Whyte Chocolate from Strokers fame (ATL strip club for those that don't know). Apparently she's married now with grand kids and selling clothes.

Update: She married an Atlatna Falcons player a while back and is now an entrepeneur and not stripping anymore. Good for her, I guess.

Last edited by Tikyle2; 02-14-2020 at 09:20 AM..
+1   

3 days ago '19        #74
Lord Vermelho  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3442 3 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
 Simp Hand Weak said
That's petty and dumb. They was mad at the way a man was dressing? It wasn't like he was walking around looking like a tranny, or gay like Magic Johnson's son or anything so being mad he was dressing with what was hot at that time, is painstakingly dumb. lol.
+1   

3 days ago '09        #75
faceoffizhere 
space
space
Props total: 1817 1 K  Slaps total: 404 404
These fools know they be making that bs music for the money then get mad when they get older because they not considered that n*gga in the history of whatever field they in
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  54
Video inside Tiffany Haddish Bombs At NBA Roast
177 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  49
Feb 16 - Man who works on 5g towers exposes the Dangers to Come
73 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+88online now  40
Image(s) inside Someone robbed the coat check at MoneyBagg Yo concert in Chicago
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  37
Feb 16 - 14 year old boy arrested for stabbing tessa majors to death
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy