Kevin Hart "Let Me Explain" Movie 17.5M First Week

most viewed right now
 129
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 95
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 82
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 49
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #61
29 26 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,183 | Props total: 2587 2587
Dudes dont know hes been around for a long time, had at least 2 shows where he lead that flopped. Sf n glm were hilarious, lamp was weak and havent seen this one yet but i hope its good.
 4 years ago '04        #62
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
all these ppl in this thread here just to say he isn't funny

when you're #1, folks come out the woodwork to try to prove you're not. Comes with success i guess.
 4 years ago '06        #63
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
 One-O-One said:
all these ppl in this thread here just to say he isn't funny

when you're #1, folks come out the woodwork to try to prove you're not. Comes with success i guess.
But nobody is begrudging him his success. Just saying he's not as funny as most comedians who get to this level. Especially Black comedians. For a Black comedian to cross over & headline tours & get top movie billing, they usually have to k!ll. I'm talking once in a lifetime funny. Foxx, Pryor, Murphy, Mabley, Chappelle, Cosby, and Rock are pretty much the standard bearers in Black comedy. But even "second tier" dudes like Martin Lawrence, The "Kings", The Wayans, Tucker, Morgan, Whoopi, etc, all k!llED before they got to the mainstream. And only Cosby did truly universal comedy. All the rest did straight up chitlin circuit Black comedy that forced it's way into the mainstream conscious. Kevin Hart ain't Cosby funny, not does he do "Black" comedy. So people don't think he doesn't deserve his success, just can't put a finger on it. He has a good niche & props to him for that. But being successful isn't always an indicator of how funny he is, but more about how PROFITABLE he is right now.
 4 years ago '04        #64
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 yumflip said:
But nobody is begrudging him his success. Just saying he's not as funny as most comedians who get to this level. Especially Black comedians. For a Black comedian to cross over & headline tours & get top movie billing, they usually have to k!ll. I'm talking once in a lifetime funny. Foxx, Pryor, Murphy, Mabley, Chappelle, Cosby, and Rock are pretty much the standard bearers in Black comedy. But even "second tier" dudes like Martin Lawrence, The "Kings", The Wayans, Tucker, Morgan, Whoopi, etc, all k!llED before they got to the mainstream. And only Cosby did truly universal comedy. All the rest did straight up chitlin circuit Black comedy that forced it's way into the mainstream conscious. Kevin Hart ain't Cosby funny, not does he do "Black" comedy. So people don't think he doesn't deserve his success, just can't put a finger on it. He has a good niche & props to him for that. But being successful isn't always an indicator of how funny he is, but more about how PROFITABLE he is right now.
Kevin Hart can't be profitable if he isn't funny to a very great amount of ppl tho. ..if he wasn't funny, he wouldn't have ever been able to sell out Madison Square Garden twice.

Being 'Funny' and saying they 'KILLED' is so subjective. There's so many comedians I don't find funny, but have a huge fanbase. Does it mean they're not funny? Nah. It just means im not on the same wavelength as the ppl who enjoy that comedian. Just like my definition of dope music is different from the country music head's definition.

We need to let Kevin Hart have his run & stop comparing him to ELITES that have already RAN years ago. So many years ago, we forget their mediocore performances, their failures, and only see their highlights & classics.

I don't think Kevin Hart is the funniest comedian today, but I want him to win & keeping winning. You don't have to be the 2nd coming of Bill Cosby, Chappelle, or Eddie Murphy to get my support without a ton of salt on the side.
 4 years ago '04        #65
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
avatar space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1785 1785
 One-O-One said:
thats alotta PROFIT from from a taping of a performance you already profited from.

This. Its like all he did was funnel the profits from the country-wide tour straight into the movie, genius move really.
 4 years ago '06        #66
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
 One-O-One said:
Kevin Hart can't be profitable if he isn't funny to a very great amount of ppl tho. ..if he wasn't funny, he wouldn't have ever been able to sell out Madison Square Garden twice.

Being 'Funny' and saying they 'KILLED' is so subjective. There's so many comedians I don't find funny, but have a huge fanbase. Does it mean they're not funny? Nah. It just means im not on the same wavelength as the ppl who enjoy that comedian. Just like my definition of dope music is different from the country music head's definition.

We need to let Kevin Hart have his run & stop comparing him to ELITES that have already RAN years ago. So many years ago, we forget their mediocore performances, their failures, and only see their highlights & classics.

I don't think Kevin Hart is the funniest comedian today, but I want him to win & keeping winning. You don't have to be the 2nd coming of Bill Cosby, Chappelle, or Eddie Murphy to get my support without a ton of salt on the side.
Points noted. But honestly, if you're gonna step into the arena, you're gonna be judged/compared. That's how it works. If Kevin Hart wants to a.ssume a "throne" held by past greats, then he has to cut the mustard. I'll continue to say that he's passable as a comedian. I don't think he's funny myself, but that doesn't mean a lot of people don't. But to illustrate my point, here's an example. McDonalds is the largest (read: most popular) burger chain in the world. But it's never been mistaken for the best restaurant in the world. Popularity doesn't always equate to quality. If you can fill a niche and enough people catch on, you can blow up. Especially in the over hyped social media era. People afraid to think critically because they're too afraid to be labled a "hater". So things that aren't really funny or interesting get a life despite their lack of merit. Think Gangnam Style or the New Harlem Shake. Kevin positioned himself well, but I'm not gonna act like this is game changing. Overall, he's a talented dude. But strictly as a comedian, he's okay at best.
 07-10-2013, 11:19 PM         #67
Gordon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sleazy said:
I don't see the appeal to his guy. He isn't funny to me..
Everybody ain't gotta like the same sh*t b..
 07-10-2013, 11:20 PM         #68
Gordon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought it was funnier than the last one. The part about living with a crazy woman probably one of his best angles yet. His first two standups "Grown Little Man" and "Seriously Funny" still top both movies imo...
 4 years ago '04        #69
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 yumflip said:
Points noted. But honestly, if you're gonna step into the arena, you're gonna be judged/compared. That's how it works. If Kevin Hart wants to a.ssume a "throne" held by past greats, then he has to cut the mustard. I'll continue to say that he's passable as a comedian. I don't think he's funny myself, but that doesn't mean a lot of people don't. But to illustrate my point, here's an example. McDonalds is the largest (read: most popular) burger chain in the world. But it's never been mistaken for the best restaurant in the world. Popularity doesn't always equate to quality. If you can fill a niche and enough people catch on, you can blow up. Especially in the over hyped social media era. People afraid to think critically because they're too afraid to be labled a "hater". So things that aren't really funny or interesting get a life despite their lack of merit. Think Gangnam Style or the New Harlem Shake. Kevin positioned himself well, but I'm not gonna act like this is game changing. Overall, he's a talented dude. But strictly as a comedian, he's okay at best.
I think its okay to be critical & have an opinion. Criticism is necessary to grow in whatever profession. I just think ppl tend to cross the line into hate & envy when someone finally becomes extremely successful. Especially when that person or thing you dislike is constantly your topic of discussion. You're supposed to stay away from the things you don't like, so why are so many ppl attracted to something they despise..? The attention they get from going against the grain most likely.

They love you when nobody cares about you, and then they hate you when everybody loves you. It's just a part of the game.

I also believe "The Throne" is something WE created but doesn't have to be, but we do it for some retarded reason.. "One negro @ a time!"... why? "The Throne" is ONE spot we created with unbelievable standards that WE SHOULD KNOW can't be met each & every time.

Why we can only pay attention to one black comedian, one black tv show, one black filmmaker @ once nowadays is beyond me.
 4 years ago '09        #70
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
Congrats to him.
 4 years ago '04        #71
djyouknow 80 heat pts80 OP
space
avatar space
space
$2,601 | Props total: 1 1
kevin holding philly down
 4 years ago '06        #72
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$25,541 | Props total: 6799 6799
movie was short as hell
and i felt like i heard every joke already

sh*t was wack to me
 4 years ago '11        #73
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,412 | Props total: 3974 3974
 killababi said:
but some people still knew who they were and some them making moves......Trinidad James is more of a blew up too quickly example....by your definition, u could say Lil Wayne blew up too quickly
My example may have been a reach, but Weezy is too. He was famous and making platinum hits by time he dropped his first album.

But still, im probably off in my statement about K. Hart. He paid his dues and been doin sh*t for a while, even if nobody cared @ da time.
 4 years ago '04        #74
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,891 | Props total: 2952 2952
late as hell but finally saw this. sh*t started slow but got funny as it went on. but funny or not when he got emotional about his dream being to perform at the garden you just have to respect that
 4 years ago '04        #75
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
laughed twice, really his worst special... but the ending was real sh*t,to achieve a dream like that is just amazing....
 4 years ago '05        #76
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,950 | Props total: 6187 6187
 yumflip said:
But nobody is begrudging him his success. Just saying he's not as funny as most comedians who get to this level. Especially Black comedians. For a Black comedian to cross over & headline tours & get top movie billing, they usually have to k!ll. I'm talking once in a lifetime funny. Foxx, Pryor, Murphy, Mabley, Chappelle, Cosby, and Rock are pretty much the standard bearers in Black comedy. But even "second tier" dudes like Martin Lawrence, The "Kings", The Wayans, Tucker, Morgan, Whoopi, etc, all k!llED before they got to the mainstream. And only Cosby did truly universal comedy. All the rest did straight up chitlin circuit Black comedy that forced it's way into the mainstream conscious. Kevin Hart ain't Cosby funny, not does he do "Black" comedy. So people don't think he doesn't deserve his success, just can't put a finger on it. He has a good niche & props to him for that. But being successful isn't always an indicator of how funny he is, but more about how PROFITABLE he is right now.
Majority of this post was just lame and hating. I hope you have thus quit BX by this time. But Martin sitting on more cash then all them dudes besides Bill Cosby of course and you call him second tier
 4 years ago '07        #77
dionedre3000 
space
avatar space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
Glad for his success and all. But that movie was way too short and It wasn't that funny. When they showed the crowed in tears I'm like this sh*t isn't even that funny. And I actually liked his other Stand Ups.
 4 years ago '05        #78
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,950 | Props total: 6187 6187
 dionedre3000 said:
Glad for his success and all. But that movie was way too short and It wasn't that funny. When they showed the crowed in tears I'm like this sh*t isn't even that funny. And I actually liked his other Stand Ups.
That is what I heard. I still have yet to see it. I will probably download it tonite and check it out. But dude been putting in work for 10 years. He finally getting some shine.

I was looking at all the projects dude has been in back in the day. To see him now on this level is cool
 4 years ago '05        #79
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 Quddus said:
Majority of this post was just lame and hating. I hope you have thus quit BX by this time. But Martin sitting on more cash then all them dudes besides Bill Cosby of course and you call him second tier
You think Martin has more money than Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy