Never Spend More Than This on a Car

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
72 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 week ago '10        #26
blackdiamondz10 
space
space
Props total: 282 282  Slaps total: 17 17
 Thierry Henry said
a co worker's car just got repoed on tuesday, he had a 370z tryna pay it with a $14/hr salary
He must’ve had the brand new Nismo edition lol because basic 370z’s aren’t even that much or dude prolly wasn’t making smart decisions with his money
+3   

1 week ago '06        #27
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 12604 12 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
Honestly I been living on the edge for a minute, and it's funny how things work. I take things as a sign and mom made a comment I need an SUV. Which I had in mind but never acted on it. She said that and it lit a fire under me so the next day I'm at the Toyota dealership looking at them. Initially I wanted a 4-Runner but decided on the Sequoia because of the DVD system my yute can watch in the back. She loves that sh*t. Cost a grip but honestly no buyers remorse.

If I have a reason to buy something and I know there's a legit explanation on why I want this specific thing I don't care about price. That's on me but I really like to buy experiences. Even when I go out to eat if I'm not famished it's about what I want to try. Spent too much time worrying about the right column and how much it costs to make my decisions. Who wants to live life that way all the time.

I remember Pusha T talking about something like this just googled it its from Money On My Mind "Baby don't buy it. I know he's a ball player but he's not going to spend it. He's been poor for much too long, so trust me"

I been in that zone and it isn't fun you just want to live and enjoy things with your kid and spoil women you like (well I do anyways) mind you money is important but it's just a tool to get what you want really. It's great to stack but it's even better to have it coming in on some forever sh*t with residuals. I'm not at that level yet but that's the aim. It's not about even trading time for money anymore which is limited.''

If I want something that makes sense to me and enhances my experiences I'll build on it and figure out the details later.

Spent too much time not even taking a step towards what I want because of all the what if's and all that.

i could of made a wrong move but who knows we will see. It's funny how different people see things. Bosses at work who make big money are congratulating and have nothing negative or fearful to say. They understand money and aren't too shocked at it because to them big money is a reality. Only tips they gave me is about how other people see you.

Then I have this co-worker who is always dreaming about making it, he does his business which is multilevel marketing and always a champion of their products. Which he always sounds like a damn salesman. That is good and all but it's funny how his aim is more negative and coming from a place of lack because that sh*t is not a reality to him yet. More about worry "I hope you didn't get that for other people" "Can you afford it"

That same dude got this bad girls number at work and waited and waited to take her out because he wanted to get in a better place with money and all that. She eventually moved on and said she likes when guys strike when the iron is hot basically. That was well over two years ago and funny thing is I got a text from her the other day which caught me off guard. I mean we talk and we're cool and lately we been vibing a bit more than usual and were supposed to hang out a few weeks back and just the other day she asked me something so shocking my reply kind of offended her. She said she's going to Jamaica in January and wanted me to come as a travel partner. We aren't even on that level but she made it clear to me another guy wanted to go but she said she rather go with me. So I'm riding with that until something blocks it or it doesn't work. Just weird how things work, I didn't believe it not cause I don't believe in myself just cause that is a big thing to ask someone off jump.

But here we go.

Last edited by Qbert; 11-08-2019 at 05:48 AM..
+7   

1 week ago '11        #28
Aces Up 
space
space
Props total: 1604 1 K  Slaps total: 69 69
Slapped for no cliffs, otherwise sounds like a good topic to post on.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #29
maranello550 
space
space
space
Props total: 211 211  Slaps total: 34 34
 blackdiamondz10 said
He mustíve had the brand new Nismo edition lol because basic 370zís arenít even that much or dude prolly wasnít making smart decisions with his money
It is when you are only earning 14 dollars an hour.A used nissan 370z will range from 15k.So 15k just for the car and add on 5 percent or even 10 percent interest and insurance for a sports car.Repair bills and fuel bill and you can see in why his car got repod. Because when you add sh*t up it can get expensive.
+5   

1 week ago '10        #30
blackdiamondz10 
space
space
Props total: 282 282  Slaps total: 17 17
 maranello550 said
It is when you are only earning 14 dollars an hour.A used nissan 370z will range from 15k.So 15k just for the car and add on 5 percent or even 10 percent interest and insurance for a sports car.Repair bills and fuel bill and you can see in why his car got repod. Because when you add sh*t up it can get expensive.
Which goes back to my statement of dude probably not making wise decisions with his bread but yeah that extra sh*t add up quick you right about that. If you can’t really afford just stack up so you can be comfortable to make the purchase and not putting yourself in a bind like what homie did

Last edited by blackdiamondz10; 11-08-2019 at 06:12 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '04        #31
collegeboy58 
space
space
Props total: 7932 7 K  Slaps total: 473 473
 Lazy said
Car loans are also easy to take advantage of

Take out a loan at low payment

Dog the car out

Sell it and recoup value

Rinse and repeat

The amount taken out is never repayed
How do you dog out an already depreciated a*set and recoup the value?
+14   

1 week ago '08        #32
flav 
space
space
Props total: 9996 9 K  Slaps total: 2515 2 K
 FukHowYouFeel said
I don't think they read that sh*t right. Seems mad low. I think the expert was saying your debt service on a car note should never exceed 10% of your gross income.

$36,000/year = $300/month for car expenses. Not you should only buy a $3,600 car.
I thought the same thing (what you mentioned) but sadly

If you make the median per capita income of about $42,000 a year, for example, you should limit your budget to $4,200. If you make the median household income of about $62,000 a year, don’t spend more than $6,200 on a car.
then he even added this:

Mazda 3, Yaris, Kia Rio ???
+8   

1 week ago '17        #33
alejandrososa 
space
space
Props total: 625 625  Slaps total: 162 162
Just give me a used 96 impala or camaro I’m gucci

Last edited by alejandrososa; 11-08-2019 at 08:22 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '05        #34
gregnice631 
space
space
Props total: 5841 5 K  Slaps total: 282 282
It all goes back to the simple lesson of living within your means.
+3   

1 week ago '14        #35
DJ HiStakes 
space
space
Props total: 784 784  Slaps total: 264 264
That sh*t is a hot take most suggest no more than 10percent of your yearly

flav said

then he even added this:

+2   

1 week ago '04        #36
Burym3ag 
space
space
Props total: 1312 1 K  Slaps total: 111 111
I somewhat agree but as your income rises to the higher numbers I believe you can buy more. Making 40k and affording 4k car vs making 300k and affording 30k car.. if i made 300k off that ratio i would have way more to spare. Maybe 20-25% on a car. because I'd have so much extra money on the side. Then that cars paid off in that year. Next year I wouldnt have to worry about that payment.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #37
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2349 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
 arms said
A lot of people are in their cars at 40-50% of their income. That's ridiculous. If you live on your own there's no way you can pay for a 370z making $14.

Hell, you can't even live on your own with 14 dollars an hour wtf.
+6   

1 week ago '15        #38
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2349 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
 collegeboy58 said
How do you dog out an already depreciated a*set and recoup the value?
Agreed. "Dogging it out" NEVER adds value to a car. NEVER.
+2   

1 week ago '13        #39
FNLN5150 
space
space
Props total: 12199 12 K  Slaps total: 1158 1 K
 alejandrososa said
Just give me a used 96 impala or camaro Iím gucci
fu*kin bought this 17 impala like a dumbass...

I leave the doors unlocked, hopin somebody steal this sh*t...
+6   

1 week ago '14        #40
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21417 21 K  Slaps total: 4303 4 K
 flav said

then he even added this:

+3   

1 week ago '12        #41
Steelgrip 
space
space
Props total: 12588 12 K  Slaps total: 1063 1 K
 flav said

then he even added this:

I bought a used Civic a couple years ago for 8k so this thread is reinforcing how good I feel about that purchase. I bought it in cash, no financing.
+7   

1 week ago '06        #42
realgunta 
space
space
Props total: 67407 67 K  Slaps total: 3814 3 K
 Thatdude31 said
Itís true you shouldnít spend that kinda money on a car, but honestly itís too each his own.

In a perfect world everyone is financially responsible and plans for the future has savings etc. But for some, that super fly Benz might be the only reason they come to work at all. So I try to lead by example and try not to pass judgement.

You never know what motivates people, so you just gotta let them live their life and try your best to meet them were theyíre at.

If you can teach them better wonderful, if you canít you tried.
^^^very very true

i have this convo with my cousin all the time. I dont bother anymore though. He is currently 49 and as long as he has a Jordan on his feet, weed to smoke and his motorbike is up and running.........then LIFE IS GOOD

thats like his heaven and he is happy af

i tried to broaden his views but then i realised everyone is different. We all wont have the same views on life.
+4   

1 week ago '11        #43
QuietPack 
space
space
space
Props total: 1038 1 K  Slaps total: 179 179
I use to repo cars, fun times and big $ in that industry but grimey as fu*k on some Alpo and rich Porter sh*t .
+3   

1 week ago '15        #44
414mvp 
space
space
Props total: 3866 3 K  Slaps total: 1548 1 K
I support this article makes perfect sense if you use logic and dont let your pride get in the way.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #45
crawlingtulip 
space
space
space
Props total: 310 310  Slaps total: 7 7
What are some good cars in the $5k range?
+2   

1 week ago '08        #46
flav 
space
space
Props total: 9996 9 K  Slaps total: 2515 2 K
 Steelgrip said
I bought a used Civic a couple years ago for 8k so this thread is reinforcing how good I feel about that purchase. I bought it in cash, no financing.
can't beat having no financing

props
+3   

1 week ago '15        #47
Prad Bitt 
space
space
Props total: 5722 5 K  Slaps total: 630 630
 flav said

then he even added this:

Heís right though this country since the turn of this century has borrowed their future and now itís here. U gotta be realistic.

1 week ago '15        #48
Prad Bitt 
space
space
Props total: 5722 5 K  Slaps total: 630 630
 crawlingtulip said
What are some good cars in the $5k range?
Japanese or babied old folks cars.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #49
LightAndBlaze 
space
space
Props total: 11390 11 K  Slaps total: 354 354
 QuietPack said
I use to repo cars, fun times and big $ in that industry but grimey as fu*k on some Alpo and rich Porter sh*t .
Bruh dont do us like that...

We need stories...
+5   

1 week ago '09        #50
ReggieA 
space
space
Props total: 19171 19 K  Slaps total: 401 401
One thing I learned from my last car note was, I need to come in with a bigger down payment. Last time I had $1,000 cash with the car, that was only worth 500, ended up with a 4.5 year loan at 365.81, which wasn't too bad.

I would never pay over $400 a month for a car. I got a friend and her husband, their car notes combined are nearly $1,300 a month

Enjoying at least 1 more year without a car note until I go out and get me a pick up truck with a cab, trying to go to the guy who sold me my last 2 years with around 2,000-2,500 cash w/ a trade in, trying to get a shorter note.

My ex, when she does car financing, she double up on her notes and pay her cars off in 2 years or less. But her credit is fu*king immaculate so usually she gets these nice car, no down payment and a affordable note she can double up on and still maintain a good lifestyle.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  14
Image(s) inside Can this brand make a comeback?
155 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Midsommar is fu-king terrifying.
99 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-24online now  9
Video inside 8 Rappers that are From the Suburbs
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+27online now  7
Fired 2K employee hacks WWE 2K Facebook page