If you get accused of murder, how much does it cost to defend yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
21 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 20 seconds
 4 months ago '04        #126
$tackBundle$ 
Props total: 969 969  Slaps total: 72 72
 recreal said
Chains is cool to cop, but more important is lawyer fees
I was thinking of making a book on hip hop quotables that give good advice. Jay and Curren$Y got quotes for days
+1   

4 months ago '15        #127
kobraman 
Props total: 4207 4 K  Slaps total: 382 382
What if you get 2 lawyers will that help

4 months ago '13        #128
recreal 
Props total: 3844 3 K  Slaps total: 235 235
 $tackBundle$ said
I was thinking of making a book on hip hop quotables that give good advice. Jay and Curren$Y got quotes for days
Dope idea. I think back to those who influenced me through my adolescence...Hov, Nas, 3000...

In many ways their ideals became my ideals, their outlooks helped shape mine.
+1   

4 months ago '20        #129
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x94
Props total: 86230 86 K  Slaps total: 12038 12 K
 kobraman said
What if you get 2 lawyers will that help
I used to work Macís brother In law(dude is married to macís sister) I know dude Personally and he told me at 1 point Mac had 6 lawyers working on his case..
+1   

4 months ago '21        #130
Tony Bake 
Props total: 671 671  Slaps total: 400 400
Shed 1/4 of a tear.

sh*t was deep and heartfelt

Salamibacon my brothers

4 months ago '19        #131
Mikebarrs23 
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 36 36
Had two homies beat charges. One used the state provided attorney. Dude went hard and got the homey off. My other homey had an unc who was a lawyer so he got lucky as sh*t. The prosecutor was a mess too. Both got off on self defense sh*t.

4 months ago '18        #132
greengreen 
Props total: 705 705  Slaps total: 148 148
 myPOWER said
Itís not the justice system. Itís the economic system we are in.

More money = better defense/arguments

The justice system favors defense (innocent until proven guilty)

Capitalism.

Stay in school kids. lol
It's a combination of both and in many cases it's mixed with systemic racism. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a toothless slogan that naive people belive. Prosecutor's will bring up BS witnesses that can barely remember their story and jury's buy into the sh*t all the time. It's no different than people thinking they can talk their way out of handcuffs rather than understanding their 5th amendment rights. But let a good majority hear the prosecution or the officer mention that you exercised your right to remain silent and they think you're hiding something. Even the term "justice system" is a misnomer. It's simply a legal system that occasionally dispenses justice.

4 months ago '16        #133
BobbyMaccaheaux 
Props total: 460 460  Slaps total: 104 104
 Sail said
I had a friend go through this.

Had to max out his credit cards and mortgage his house in the end. Was about $250,000.

The law firm that got him off them processed his bankruptcy claim straight after.

So his credit is fu*ked for the next X years but heís a free man.

4 months ago '16        #134
BobbyMaccaheaux 
 Kodack sixnine said
Honestly as a black man having a gun seems dangerous. Even if itís in self-defense and they break into your home chances are theyíll still charge your a*s

so if you defending yourself EVEN if you are articulate and eloquent, looks foolish to others/judge/etc...

AND this comment quoted above in addition; black men 'sound' "damned if they do, damned if they don't"

how do we win then bro?
+1   

4 months ago '18        #135
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 64734 64 K  Slaps total: 14732 14 K
 BobbyMaccaheaux said
so if you defending yourself EVEN if you are articulate and eloquent, looks foolish to others/judge/etc...

AND this comment quoted above in addition; black men 'sound' "damned if they do, damned if they don't"

how do we win then bro?
You donít. Also they donít care how eloquent you are. Some liberals like that but most people just see you as an uppity Negro

4 months ago '16        #136
BobbyMaccaheaux 
 Kodack sixnine said
You donít. Also they donít care how eloquent you are. Some liberals like that but most people just see you as an uppity Negro
I don't give a fu*k what they think, they don't have our best interest and wish us well.

I'm asking you, how do we win...
what have you formulated in your mind..?

cuz all I sense is the damned if we do, damned if we don't...

4 months ago '18        #137
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 64734 64 K  Slaps total: 14732 14 K
 BobbyMaccaheaux said
I don't give a fu*k what they think, they don't have our best interest and wish us well.

I'm asking you, how do we win...
what have you formulated in your mind..?

cuz all I sense is the damned if we do, damned if we don't...
Get your paper up and move and build up something with likeminded individuals

4 months ago '16        #138
BobbyMaccaheaux 
 Kodack sixnine said
Get your paper up and move and build up something with likeminded individuals
hmm... start an actual militia?

or no guns?

4 months ago '17        #139
myPOWER 
Props total: 9287 9 K  Slaps total: 5369 5 K
 greengreen said
It's a combination of both and in many cases it's mixed with systemic racism. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a toothless slogan that naive people belive. Prosecutor's will bring up BS witnesses that can barely remember their story and jury's buy into the sh*t all the time. It's no different than people thinking they can talk their way out of handcuffs rather than understanding their 5th amendment rights. But let a good majority hear the prosecution or the officer mention that you exercised your right to remain silent and they think you're hiding something. Even the term "justice system" is a misnomer. It's simply a legal system that occasionally dispenses justice.

It’s not a toothless slogan. The point is you have to prove someone is guilty. Someone doesn’t have to prove they are innocent, they just have to prove they are not guilty.

Big difference.

No one is saying it is perfect, but it really does come down to your lawyers.

Hence why successful rappers don’t spend as much time in jail as someone of their same skin color would for the same crime.

4 months ago '08        #140
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 39037 39 K  Slaps total: 6129 6 K
 CartelFamill said
You talking about Tim Boss ?
Nah Iím not gonna put one of my clients out there like that but thatís not his name

4 months ago '18        #141
greengreen 
Props total: 705 705  Slaps total: 148 148
 myPOWER said
Itís not a toothless slogan. The point is you have to prove someone is guilty. Someone doesnít have to prove they are innocent, they just have to prove they are not guilty.

Big difference.

No one is saying it is perfect, but it really does come down to your lawyers.

Hence why successful rappers donít spend as much time in jail as someone of their same skin color would for the same crime.
It's toothless because way too many times people HAVE TO PROVE THEIR INNOCENCE. I don't know how many cases I've heard where the witnesses can't recall specific facts, but say the defendant did it. sh*t Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. The victim said, "that's not who shot me". Still got found guilty. Let's take it a step further. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't start in the courts. It starts at the investigation. You have corrupt officers like Jon Burge who torture victims to get BS confessions. Your view point of the current state and history of this country for POCs is based on naivety. We've always had to prove we were innocent from start to finish.

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  39
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+53online now  26
Image(s) inside Shiba Inu new All Time High
337 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+29online now  15
On-Foot Looks // KAWS x sacai x Nike Blazer Low