Canelo Alvarez Wants Caleb Plant: ĎIím Comingí

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+32  75
37 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

5 months ago '18        #1
1452 page views
48 comments

jay2cold 
Props total: 7833 7 K  Slaps total: 563 563
Canelo Alvarez Wants Caleb Plant: ĎIím Comingí

After taking care of WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders in stopping him in the eighth round last Saturday night, WBA/WBC champ Canelo Alvarez is now targeting IBF belt-holder Caleb ‘Sweethands’ Plant for the undisputed championship in September.

Canelo (56-1-2, 38 KOs) captured his third title at 168 last Saturday with an injury stoppage of Saunders (30-1, 14 KOs) at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Saunders had been making the same mistake all night by leaning forward, practically begging Canelo to hit him with uppercuts.

Despite eating repeated uppercuts, Saunders failed to make changes to how he was f*ghting and ultimately cost him dearly when Alvarez landed a right uppercut to his right eye in the eighth.

Saunders suffered an eye injury, which is believed to be a fractured orbital bone. Rather than come out for the ninth, Saunders wisely quit on his stool.

Canelo’s promoter Eddie Hearn is hoping that the 28-year-old ‘Sweethands’ Plant and his management at PBC aren’t difficult when negotiating that f*ght, as they would prefer this match to happen next.

Billy Joe Saunders Caleb Plant Canelo Alvarez

Hearn says he’s open to having Canelo f*ght on DAZN or FOX, but obviously, he would much prefer it to be the latter.

FOX will need to make a bigger offer than DAZN if they want the f*ght to be on their network platform, as they’re going to have to come up with a lot of money to make that happen.

“That’s the plan,” Canelo told DAZN about his intentions on facing Plant next for the undisputed super middleweight championship in September. “That’s the plan to go for the [IBF] belt, and I’m coming, man. I’m coming, my friend,” said Canelo in sending a message to Caleb Plant.

There are bigger f*ghts out there that the U.S and worldwide boxing public would prefer that Canelo take next rather than face Plant, but he’s got tunnel vision right now.

Canelo wants to make history by becoming the undisputed 168-lb champion, even though Plant is a lackluster opponent.

It looked bad the way Plant turned down a f*ght with former two-time WBC 168-lb champion David Benavidez recently after his victory over 38-year-old Caleb Truax. Instead of taking the f*ght with Benavidez to make the match with Canelo a bigger affair, Plant turned it down, saying that his left hand was buried from the Truax match, and he wanted to rest it.

“It’s the only f*ght,” Eddie Hearn said to DAZN about Alvarez only wanting IBF belt-holder Plant next. “Hopefully, Caleb Plant feels the same way.”

“For Canelo, the Caleb Plant f*ght is obviously what we want to do,” said Eddie Hearn to Secondsout. “He [Canelo] want to be undisputed; he’s won all the belts in the [super midldeweight] division.

“There shouldn’t be any major issues making that f*ght, I hope not, because he [Canelo] can f*ght on any platform he wants. I’ll deal with Caleb Plant’s manager, and he works with Al Haymon.

They may turn around and say, ‘We have to do it on FOX,’ and if they put the money up, we can do that. But there’s going to be a lot of money on the table from DAZN for Caleb Plant as well.

“I’m relaxed; I just want to see that f*ght. Canelo has been on a fantastic run. He boxed Callum Smith, Yildirim, and Billy Joe Saunders. Now he’s going to box Caleb Plant. That’s going to be four f*ghts in nine months. That’s quite remarkable.

Billy Joe Saunders Caleb Plant Canelo Alvarez
“I think in Vegas,” Hearn said when asked where the Canelo vs. Plant f*ght will likely take place. “One of the beauties about Canelo being a network-free agent is the absence of politics.

“The DAZN numbers tonight were absolutely off the charts, so they’re going to make a massive play for the [Canelo – Plant] f*ght. FOX will have to put up a lot of money for the f*ght if they want it as well.

“So Canelo is sitting there smiling, and that’s the beauty of being in his position. For me, I’ll go out and get the best deal for Canelo Alvarez. I’ll make sure he and Eddy are comfortable with the f*ght where it is,” said Hearn.
+4   

best
worst
48 comments

5 months ago '10        #2
Walmart 
Props total: 24947 24 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
I hope the f*ght with Plant gets made if Plant gets past his next mandatory opponent.

Surprising to see Canelo wanting to f*ght defensive f*ghters back to back, but props to him for wanting to unify the belts and taking on anyone that's worth boxing him.
+10   

5 months ago '16        #3
Beamin23 
Props total: 3820 3 K  Slaps total: 447 447
Don’t nobody Wanna see Canelo f*ght plant, plant ain’t beat a got damn soul out here. He ain’t even had a PPV f*ght yet. He gotta go up to 175 or down to 160. Yes Canelo is a beast but we can all agree he ain’t had a f*ght yet where it was 50/50 on who would win.

5 months ago '10        #4
REG773 
Props total: 39393 39 K  Slaps total: 9225 9 K
 Beamin23 said
Donít nobody Wanna see Canelo f*ght plant, plant ainít beat a got damn soul out here. He ainít even had a PPV f*ght yet. He gotta go up to 175 or down to 160. Yes Canelo is a beast but we can all agree he ainít had a f*ght yet where it was 50/50 on who would win.
he lost the 1st GGG f*ght
+19   

5 months ago '16        #5
Beamin23 
 REG773 said
he lost the 1st GGG f*ght

That he did. 2nd he won. He don’t even bring up GGG name any more. GGG ain’t the same because of his age but I’d pay to see Canelo f*ght GGG again before he f*ght plant. Plant is grade A trash

Last edited by Beamin23; 05-09-2021 at 03:50 PM..
+6   

5 months ago '19        #6
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 77889 77 K  Slaps total: 16613 16 K
Charlo and spence gonna wait until he's 35

5 months ago '10        #7
REG773 
Props total: 39393 39 K  Slaps total: 9225 9 K
 Beamin23 said
That he did. 2nd he won. He donít even bring up GGG name any more. GGG ainít the same because of his age but Iíd pay to see GGG ainít him before plant. Plant is grade A trash
im not interested in seeing canelo f*ght ppl that he can beat if he comes in out of shape and just swings for the fences to connect

ive seen canelo in about 3 f*ghts his entire career where he was actually tested
+3   

5 months ago '17        #8
yousabitch 
Props total: 19399 19 K  Slaps total: 5628 5 K
 FrivolousSports said
Nelo would spank them both right now
+1   

5 months ago '05        #9
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 32139 32 K  Slaps total: 1610 1 K
The f*ght with Plant will get done this was all planned out earlier this year and is why Caleb didn’t take any other f*ghts after Truax and has been training/running this whole time since lol.
+4   

5 months ago '04        #10
CrazyHomie 
Props total: 1203 1 K  Slaps total: 187 187
 yousabi*ch said
Facts!
+3   

5 months ago '17        #11
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 87076 87 K  Slaps total: 5130 5 K
Anybody saying Canelo should f*ght anyone other than Plant next isn't a true boxing fan. It's a historic match up at 168. No one has ever held the WBO, WBA, IBF, and WBC at Super Middleweight ever.

+27   

5 months ago '10        #12
olook up  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11060 11 K  Slaps total: 4016 4 K
 Beamin23 said
Donít nobody Wanna see Canelo f*ght plant, plant ainít beat a got damn soul out here. He ainít even had a PPV f*ght yet. He gotta go up to 175 or down to 160. Yes Canelo is a beast but we can all agree he ainít had a f*ght yet where it was 50/50 on who would win.
He donít gotta do sh*t. Heís the P4P king. They gotta do something to deserve a f*ght
 FrivolousSports said
Charlo a bum scared to move up. Spence is 147 Id rather see him f*ght Bud. They could always f*ght each other if they really wanted to.
+6   

5 months ago '19        #13
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 77889 77 K  Slaps total: 16613 16 K
 yousabi*ch said
That's why they gonna wait until he's past his prime

5 months ago '18        #14
The3 
Props total: 10461 10 K  Slaps total: 1730 1 K
GGG should be ready if Plant prices himself out his next
+1   

5 months ago '18        #15
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39133 39 K  Slaps total: 5199 5 K
Most Bx people don't know sh*t about boxing
+5   

5 months ago '06        #16
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51381 51 K  Slaps total: 14790 14 K
Kind of negates what he said about Andrade said he won't f*ght him because he hasn't fought anybody but who plant fought?

5 months ago '18        #17
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39133 39 K  Slaps total: 5199 5 K
 Tha TC said
The f*ght with Plant will get done this was all planned out earlier this year and is why Caleb didnít take any other f*ghts after Truax and has been training/running this whole time since lol.
Plant just needs to say healthy before anything else
He gets injured lil too much

Plant a better boxer then bj to me
+3   

5 months ago '15        #18
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 13000 13 K  Slaps total: 713 713
 philly337 said
Kind of negates what he said about Andrade said he won't f*ght him because he hasn't fought anybody but who plant fought?
Plant has the belt Canelo needs to unify super middle weight for the first time, why would he care about a guy whoís champ at a lower weight class.... thereís like 4 other middleweights holding belts in Andrades weight class he needs to be calling out
+7   

5 months ago '14        #19
El Caballero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 53538 53 K  Slaps total: 4090 4 K
Canelo stops plant. He doesn't have the power to keep Canelo honest and he simply can't outbox him for 12 rounds without slowing down

Walmart said
I hope the f*ght with Plant gets made if Plant gets past his next mandatory opponent.

Surprising to see Canelo wanting to f*ght defensive f*ghters back to back, but props to him for wanting to unify the belts and taking on anyone that's worth boxing him.
Plant already cleared out his mandatory. That was the purpose of the truax f*ght to make sure he wouldn't have a mandatory coming up soon
+5   

5 months ago '05        #20
rellish 
Props total: 13917 13 K  Slaps total: 1927 1 K
Plant is a beast,,, but the only way he is beating Canelo is by being extremely willing to bang, & then banging him out. As usual, that looks HIGHLY unlikely...

Canelo is tough as nails, you gotta really back him down and go forward all f*ght with him, nobody wants to do it
+5   

5 months ago '16        #21
solo 
Props total: 12416 12 K  Slaps total: 1703 1 K
Plant is a better boxer then bjs to me he just needs a lil more seasoning before Canelo at least one f*ght with a better boxer...at this point I think his inexperience at this level will be why he loses...

Charlo would be a good f*ght...Charlo showed in the Derevyanchenko f*ght that he is a really good f*ghter not just a can Crusher at 160....i know Charlo wants to f*ght GGG but Golovkin doesn’t want that smoke....

Andrade needs to stop...he had trouble with that bum a*s whiteboy Canelo would sleep him
+3   

5 months ago '20        #22
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 40886 40 K  Slaps total: 13664 13 K
I think y'all sleeping on plant....I don't think he will win...but plants a damn good f*ghter....I think plant would beat GGG at this point

GGG beat nelo first f*ght though

5 months ago '04        #23
FynaL 
Props total: 236 236  Slaps total: 29 29
Plant next..then Benavidez. Stay on schedule. Forget the other bums at 160 unless they want to come up and f*ght Benavidez first.
+2   

5 months ago '16        #24
Beamin23 
 Tha TC said
The f*ght with Plant will get done this was all planned out earlier this year and is why Caleb didnít take any other f*ghts after Truax and has been training/running this whole time since lol.
There ainít enough training in the world to help plant beat Canelo. He just ainít good enough. Plant doesnít make it past the 4th or 5th.
+2   

5 months ago '17        #25
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22370 22 K  Slaps total: 12422 12 K
Plant is a joke f*ght
Another legacy k*ller for canelo

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Honda's first all-electric SUV, 3 new concepts revealed
30 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  9
Oct 19 - Southwest Airlines Gets Their Card Pulled and Caves To Anti-Vaxxers
74 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Oct 18 - Police Officer Pulls Over Vehicle, Detains Family & Then Chaos..
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+30online now  8
This the reason why Big Daddy Kane was so late when they announced his name
108 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy