Game Of Thrones: Final Season (8) [Official Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
+36  70
64 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 days ago '12        #7651
44wade 307 heat pts307
space
space
space
$27,911 | Props total: 17149 17149
 wallace45 said
It does seem like Tyrion is lowkey the king... The problem is that's still kinda trash and doesn't change the fact that everything that happened this season was rushed

I understand they didn't have book material to go off for awhile but you would think they would know and understand how to write some of these characters better I barely recognized some of these n*ggas almost every character felt empty
thats fair, just saying alot of people had an issue with Bran being the king, but I thought it was showing that he isnt really the king, and that the ultimate winner was Tyrion.

I think if they just would have Tyrion sit on the throne on the end, more people would have been happy.

I know it takes alot of a*suming for things to go the way they went, instead of being clearly written out.
+1   

2 days ago '13        #7652
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,724 | Props total: 4823 4823
 44wade said
thats fair, just saying alot of people had an issue with Bran being the king, but I thought it was showing that he isnt really the king, and that the ultimate winner was Tyrion.

I think if they just would have Tyrion sit on the throne on the end, more people would have been happy.

I know it takes alot of a*suming for things to go the way they went, instead of being clearly written out.
It was really Jon snow or Dany most ppl would've been cool with even cersi would've been a better 3rd option anybody else is trash lol I don't even care if that's how grrm was going to end it personally I would've rather it been 1 of those 3

Maybe i would feel different if tyrion's character didn't become so trash towards the end this is really like a running theme lol all our favorite characters have basically been getting worst for the past 2-3 seasons n*ggas just magically became dumber

Last edited by wallace45; 05-23-2019 at 10:41 PM..
+2   

2 days ago '12        #7653
44wade 307 heat pts307
space
space
space
 wallace45 said
It was really Jon snow or Dany most ppl would've been cool with even cersi would've been a better 3rd option anybody else is trash lol I don't even care if that's how grrm was going to end it personally I would've rather it been 1 of those 3

Maybe i would feel different if tyrion's character didn't become so trash towards the end this is really like a running theme lol all our favorite characters have basically been getting worst for the past 2-3 seasons n*ggas just magically became dumber
ive said it in this thread, that anything else than Jon k*lling the NK is trying too hard to have a different ending.

Maybe Dany, but the way I understand the show, and me looking into the books(not necessarily reading them, but getting summaries of characters, stories, history, etc...), that the show should end with Jon being Azor Ahai, ending the long night. Bro, I looked up the first men, the andals, bran the builder, the age of heroes, nissa nissa. I had a theories, about this or that, so I get all the backlash, because I think the show ended on a contrived ending. All GRRM and D&D had to do, was end it the way it was set up.

Jon being the prince that was promised, k*lling Dany to get the weapon to k*ll the NK, and ending up on the throne wouldve had fans calling it the best thing ever.
+2   

2 days ago '13        #7654
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
 44wade said
ive said it in this thread, that anything else than Jon k*lling the NK is trying too hard to have a different ending.

Maybe Dany, but the way I understand the show, and me looking into the books(not necessarily reading them, but getting summaries of characters, stories, history, etc...), that the show should end with Jon being Azor Ahai, ending the long night. Bro, I looked up the first men, the andals, bran the builder, the age of heroes, nissa nissa. I had a theories, about this or that, so I get all the backlash, because I think the show ended on a contrived ending. All GRRM and D&D had to do, was end it the way it was set up.

Jon being the prince that was promised, k*lling Dany to get the weapon to k*ll the NK, and ending up on the throne wouldve had fans calling it the best thing ever.
Pretty much man episode 3 really was the episode that really had no defending season 7 wasn't the best either but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I couldn't defend it after episode 3... Jon should've k*lled the night king and that battle should've lasted longer than 1 episode and the north/dany should've had a better plan to beat the night king

n*ggas literally said "bran is going to be the bait we just going to wait for him to go to bran" and boom that's exactly what happened

it's just crazy to me that these n*ggas was really fans of the books wrote this sh*t, sent it in and really thought 6 episodes (with extented minutes) was going to be enough to tell the story right

Edit: idk about the azora high sh*t though i feel like a lot of fans would be confused the night king battle probably should've happened after the battle at Kings landing though everything was anti climatic after my n*gga NK died

Last edited by wallace45; 05-24-2019 at 12:25 AM..
+2   

2 days ago '12        #7655
44wade 307 heat pts307
space
space
space
 wallace45 said
Pretty much man episode 3 really was the episode that really had no defending season 7 wasn't the best either but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I couldn't defend it after episode 3... Jon should've k*lled the night king and that battle should've lasted longer than 1 episode and the north/dany should've had a better plan to beat the night king

n*ggas literally said "bran is going to be the bait we just going to wait for him to go to bran" and boom that's exactly what happened

it's just crazy to me that these n*ggas was really fans of the books wrote this sh*t, sent it in and really thought 6 episodes (with extented minutes) was going to be enough to tell the story right

Edit: idk about the azora high sh*t though i feel like a lot of fans would be confused the night king battle probably should've happened after the battle at Kings landing though everything was anti climatic after my n*gga NK died
7 I thought was setting up the finale with the NK at the end. So i rationalized the going across the wall to get proof for Cersei. I think Cersei had the most plot armor out of everyone. Dany shouldve conquered KL and then go join Jon vs the NK, imo. Shouldve ended with the Long night.

I said when Ep 2 dropped, I thought it shouldve been Ep 5. KL shouldve already been decided.

Still, its hard for me to go too hard on the writers, because I believe that this is GRRM ending too. Bran the king, Dany turns, and Jon k*lls her. So if you have that ending, to get to, then all the things that happened were to get to that obviously, and thats on the author not the showrunners. GRRM favorite character is Tyrion from what I have seen, so it makes sense he has Tyrion end up basically ruling at the end, because thats who he identifies with the most, and the popular Jon and Dany gone.

So, thats why I wasnt too down on the this years writing, because it makes sense if the ending is already set. I think the showrunners are taking the heat for GRRM trying too hard to make a clever ending.

2 days ago '13        #7656
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
 44wade said
7 I thought was setting up the finale with the NK at the end. So i rationalized the going across the wall to get proof for Cersei. I think Cersei had the most plot armor out of everyone. Dany shouldve conquered KL and then go join Jon vs the NK, imo. Shouldve ended with the Long night.

I said when Ep 2 dropped, I thought it shouldve been Ep 5. KL shouldve already been decided.

Still, its hard for me to go too hard on the writers, because I believe that this is GRRM ending too. Bran the king, Dany turns, and Jon k*lls her. So if you have that ending, to get to, then all the things that happened were to get to that obviously, and thats on the author not the showrunners. GRRM favorite character is Tyrion from what I have seen, so it makes sense he has Tyrion end up basically ruling at the end, because thats who he identifies with the most, and the popular Jon and Dany gone.

So, thats why I wasnt too down on the this years writing, because it makes sense if the ending is already set. I think the showrunners are taking the heat for GRRM trying too hard to make a clever ending.
You can go hard on them because even if that's how grrm is going to end it they still could've put more effort into it they could've got help from better writers or got advice on what they wrote but they seem like the type to think they are better at writing/directing than they actually are and they decided to give us only 13 episodes for season 7/8 instead of 20... Just seems like a lack of effort or respect for the books or fans

Grrm is a great writer with a creative mind but not everything he writes is gold if this is his ending idk I mean I know it will probably be better than the show with more details it is what it is though

Last edited by wallace45; 05-24-2019 at 12:58 AM..
+1   

2 days ago '12        #7657
44wade 307 heat pts307
space
space
space
 wallace45 said
You can go hard on them because even if that's how grrm is going to end it they still could've put more effort into it they could've got help from better writers or got advice on what they wrote but they seem like the type to think they are better at writing/directing than they actually are and they decided to give us only 13 episodes for season 7/8 instead of 20... Just seems like a lack of effort or respect for the books or fans

Grrm is a great writer with a creative mind but not everything he writes is gold if this is his ending idk I mean I know it will probably be better than the show with more details it is what it is though
I see that perspective, but I also look at it, that they are now writing someone else's story. 6 was my personal favorite, so I dont think they were incapable of good writing.

Also, a real world issue, is that the shows production became so big. It became so much a part of all their lives, I can see why you would want it to end. Its easy for us to say, do this or that, but thats months and years of their lives. Tough to judge that, imo.

I like the story obviously, but I could go back to earlier seasons and break down how this or that was bullsh*t. k*lling Ned Stark was obviously something we hadnt seen before on TV, main guy going down season 1 was bold. But, damn, if you look back, the starks did alot of stupid sh*t, that made no sense. Letting go of Jaime, and Robb reneging on Walder Frey is about as bad as anything in any season.

I firmly believe, that you can weave the story very eloquently in the book, but if you end with Bran the king, dany burn KL, and Jon k*lls her and is exiled, then its bullsh*t too.

2 days ago '13        #7658
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
 44wade said
I see that perspective, but I also look at it, that they are now writing someone else's story. 6 was my personal favorite, so I dont think they were incapable of good writing.

Also, a real world issue, is that the shows production became so big. It became so much a part of all their lives, I can see why you would want it to end. Its easy for us to say, do this or that, but thats months and years of their lives. Tough to judge that, imo.

I like the story obviously, but I could go back to earlier seasons and break down how this or that was bullsh*t. k*lling Ned Stark was obviously something we hadnt seen before on TV, main guy going down season 1 was bold. But, damn, if you look back, the starks did alot of stupid sh*t, that made no sense. Letting go of Jaime, and Robb reneging on Walder Frey is about as bad as anything in any season.

I firmly believe, that you can weave the story very eloquently in the book, but if you end with Bran the king, dany burn KL, and Jon k*lls her and is exiled, then its bullsh*t too.
They signed up to do it though? It's not like anybody forced them to create the show... And like you said season 6 proved they can be decent or above average at writing without book material and when they have the right amount of episodes to Pace everything right .

I really believe the star wars rumor is what made them want to wrap the show up faster nothing else makes sense this season and season 7 are so rushed 7 extra episodes would give them enough time to build up certain moments

They also removed many characters from the books that could've possibly extended the show potentially allowing grrm to finish the books like lady stoneheart (catyln Stark ressurected) and that fake/real aegon Targaryen character (not Jon snow) I don't read the books but that's what ppl tell me that do
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+18online now  30
Image(s) inside May 24 - There's a new stamp that lets u legally transform $20 bill w ..
62 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside What would you do with 200k cash?
63 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+73online now  22
Jamie Foxx Breaks Character – Live In Front Of A Studio Audience
57 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+44online now  13
90s Sitcom “Martin” Makes its Way to the Air Max 98