online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Been gouging y'all all along: Amazon, Walmart and Target all announced price cuts

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

2 months ago '24        #51
Murakami 
Props total: 1431 1 K  Slaps total: 1187 1 K
 OVERLORD said
and our usa govt. allowed this? biden dont give a fu#k
president cant do sh1t bruh, only congress can set price ceilings and there are way too many "freedom" loving republicans to ever get something like that through.

2 months ago '07        #52
KeithHernandez 
Props total: 4232 4 K  Slaps total: 276 276
 sweetermanz said
Start shopping where the Chinese shop. I don’t ever see Chinese people at big box stores. Usually everything is fresh.

African markets
Indian markets
Chinese

And buy accessories (soap, shampoo, paper towels etc) by bulk.

Cop household items off temu

And most importantly make more money at all costs.
You don’t know about the Costco in Sunset Park lol. But I feel you. Cultural markets usually have their low-key imports too. Less sugar in the ketchup kinda sh1t. My wife and I get our Jamaican seasonings right on Nostrand.
+3   

2 months ago '23        #53
HimKenobi 
Props total: 4322 4 K  Slaps total: 2878 2 K
 FrescoB said
That's why I grow my own food, build all my own items

so I don't have to support these corporations...
And started homesteading after Covid. Don’t think I could ever go back to “normal” life.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #54
Donthate707  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5063 5 K  Slaps total: 736 736
Now these food companies need to follow suit unless you are a small business I ain't paying some ridiculous sh1t. Ain't even worth it anymore.

2 months ago '24        #55
Murakami 
 SHAMPOOO said
Automobile Market will soon follow...Alot of cars are reportedly sitting on the lots or being Repo'd due to consumers not being able to no longer afford them!
This will be good for me as I havent owned a Car for several years now, yet Ive been able to save enough money to purchase one Brand new when Im Good and ready!
Ive been researching the best Techniques to negotiate a good Deal and I plan to use them!
same here, moved to a city with good public transit and enough ubers and taxis. Even on my busiest months its still way cheaper than a car note, gas, and insurance.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #56
jlem 
Props total: 23510 23 K  Slaps total: 740 740
 mack387 said
Can’t support the Temu movement. Pushing our funds to China ain’t the answer in addressing our issues stateside.
I hear what you are saying but a lot of sh1t comes from China anyway.

emoji

Spots like Temu are essentially direct-to-consumer platforms. You're essentially buying directly from the manufacturer and cutting out the middleman.

Of course, there are items that will run you the same as far pricing goes but there's a lot of stuff that can be had for significantly cheaper with the same if not better quality than the stuff you'd buy in store.

emoji

A Turkish bath towel set in Costco would run me $55. However, that same set or one similar would be $25. Same thread count, softness, and everything for less than 1/2 the price.

You have the drawback of the waiting process but who can wait 3-4 days for delivery in order to save $30?

emoji
+3   

2 months ago '06        #57
jester2trife 
Props total: 18005 18 K  Slaps total: 5654 5 K
 ELAH MENTAT said
Capitalism gonna capitalism…

emoji
Capitalism and economics arent generally arent covered in continuation school or the GED exam, so how are BX members supposed to understand any of it?
+2   

2 months ago '16        #58
deezydee2323 
Props total: 8341 8 K  Slaps total: 1756 1 K
 yola said
if biden was the reason prices went up

then biden is the reason prices are going down
emoji
preach !!!

2 months ago '17        #59
Usukaz2 
Props total: 7749 7 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
 A Cold Game said
The real win comes if people don’t go back ….

You’ve learned to live without the extra sh1t … so stay that way and save your money
Right! And try and grow your own sh1t and vook your own sh1t!
+1   

2 months ago '04        #60
AliHood 
Props total: 9750 9 K  Slaps total: 655 655
Yo shyt crazy...I pulled up in Cali, LA yesterday from out from the Midwest, went to target and even the fu#king liquor was on sale. Bruh never seen that shyt before lol. Liq prices cheaper in Cali and in OH?!? Never

I dont know if thats regular pricing or what, but a 5th of Crown Peach was $20.83....$26.99 back home, sometimes 27 or 28.99. Definitely grabbing a bottle for the fam cookout Saturday lol
+1   

2 months ago '20        #61
RetroRello  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4258 4 K  Slaps total: 656 656
Wait...but the Biden people said it was TRUMPS fault and that Biden was dealing with it the best he could after he ruined the planet.

Sooo ..it was never an issue to begin with; just another weak demoncratic clown in office with no backbone to do anything about it.

Now some of these other memes I've seen are starting to make more sense.

I'm beginning to see a trend of knowing who to play with and who not.

emoji

2 months ago '16        #62
Fumo 
Props total: 15146 15 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
 2Saucey said
You ain't lying O.G.

I peeped this a few times.. also the wordplay is crazy...

"UP TO 90% off all items"
Word play is the backbone of sales lol.. trust me I was in sales and when customers wanted a certain number , I would say I can get you close to that lol.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #63
servesurite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10259 10 K  Slaps total: 992 992
i don't understand op's headline wording. "been gouging ya'll all along"? were you somehow receiving special treatment and were exempt from the higher prices we all endured?

and we've been saying its 'greedflation' and 'shrinkflatiion' since like '21.

so what exactly are you insinuating other than the price cuts?

2 months ago '19        #64
Megaman 
Props total: 14022 14 K  Slaps total: 11857 11 K
Wal-Mart became the most expensive retail store in the last two years. Every thing in there doubled in price. Even Target is less expensive.

We only use Costco or Amazon and try to find necessities on Temu that aren’t complete garbage
+1   

2 months ago '13        #65
ak4ek 
Props total: 318 318  Slaps total: 75 75
 OVERLORD said
and our usa govt. allowed this? biden dont give a fu#k
actually the price gauging started during trumps term during covid.
and was then used as the right wings excuse to blame biden for the inflation.
and now that its going down they will down play it or move on to the next made up issue. but our gvt allows whatever their donners want to do no matter whos in office.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #66
tnice 
Props total: 47214 47 K  Slaps total: 1887 1 K
welcome to America and the world

+1   

2 months ago '07        #67
Daville502 
Props total: 16005 16 K  Slaps total: 1079 1 K
Companies increasing there profits year over year is the only thing that matters.
+1   

2 months ago '21        #68
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 36001 36 K  Slaps total: 16142 16 K
 WindyCitySavage said
How the hell you go through several years of life without a car?

Should sound crazy as hell to me, but I hope you find you something
Been using the Subways, Busses, Rails, Taxis and Rentals when I need to drive...I may need a Rental this weekend!

But yea...I just refuse to be a Slave for car payments, and Thanks!
emoji
+3   

2 months ago '05        #69
Daddy Black 
Props total: 22443 22 K  Slaps total: 1945 1 K
 WindyCitySavage said
How the hell you go through several years of life without a car?

Should sound crazy as hell to me, but I hope you find you something
City life bro. I have family that's never had a car because they never needed one
+3   

2 months ago '05        #70
Daddy Black 
Props total: 22443 22 K  Slaps total: 1945 1 K
 SHAMPOOO said
Been using the Subways, Busses, Rails, Taxis and Rentals when I need to drive...I may need a Rental this weekend!

But yea...I just refuse to be a Slave for car payments, and Thanks!
emoji
You are smart. I've bought my cars cash but the older I get I wish I never owned one to be honest.
+1   

2 months ago '24        #71
magaSlapper 
Props total: 2157 2 K  Slaps total: 1713 1 K
 jlem said
Facts! I took my wife to pick her car up after the routine maintenance was done a month or so ago.

We pulled into the dealership and the staff was literally standing outside in front of the building.

One cat raced over to the car and opened the door for my wife and everything. They thought we were there to buy a new car but when my wife said she's just picking her car up you could see the disappointment in their faces.

One cat said, "Man, its like the walking dead for car sales now."

emoji

Just waiting to cop that new Lexus SUV that just dropped when it gets ugly in a few months

2 months ago '21        #72
 DaKrazie1 said
same here, moved to a city with good public transit and enough ubers and taxis. Even on my busiest months its still way cheaper than a car note, gas, and insurance.
Exactly...Ive been financing and buying cars since a Teen, and this (Not having one) actually gave me a weird sense of financial freedom in a way!

2 months ago '24        #73
Murakami 
 SHAMPOOO said
Exactly...Ive been financing and buying cars since a Teen, and this (Not having one) actually gave me a weird sense of financial freedom in a way!
I mean sh1t at this point you're talking about an extra $500 a month at least. That's a good cushion to have every month.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #74
 jlem said
Facts! I took my wife to pick her car up after the routine maintenance was done a month or so ago.

We pulled into the dealership and the staff was literally standing outside in front of the building.

One cat raced over to the car and opened the door for my wife and everything. They thought we were there to buy a new car but when my wife said she's just picking her car up you could see the disappointment in their faces.

One cat said, "Man, its like the walking dead for car sales now."

emoji
Sheesh...Sucks for the Dealers, but at the same time they were living the Phat-Life since the pandemic and the Market inevitably has to Correct itself!

When I walk into the Dealership, I plan to have a Pre-Approved Loan Straight from the Bank AND the Cash to buy Outright so All the odds will be in my Favor...It will either be a Robbery or Nothing!
emoji

2 months ago '17        #75
sjuelz 
Props total: 23006 23 K  Slaps total: 3090 3 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Facts!!! Just peep the Kellogg's boycott that was trending few weeks back, It was beginning to really have an impact as stores couldn't move enough cereal boxes to the point that mfs were nearly giving them away at $1-2 i'm talking PRE-COVID prices or having deals like "Buy milk get 1 free cereal".

I think this is part of why they're fighting to ban tik-tok, Just imagine if something on a mass-scale like a boycott against rent/utilities etc. happened...
The country would easily be in shambles, Owners can't afford NOT to pay and banks can't afford to not get paid...Its wild times.
is that why you think they are trying to ban tiktoc lol

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Could you marry an adult star ??
221 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+9115
Youtuber Exposes All The Women He Smashed After Interviewing Them… Showing How..
211 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8212
Video inside Jul 22 - The insane footage of the murder of Sonia Massey by police off..
824 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props-457
Image(s) inside The guy known for being ugly all his life in Hollywood resurfaces
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies