online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

The Official Fragrance Thread

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  5   0 bx goons and 5 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

6 years ago '06        #8001
RESIDO 
Props total: 5590 5 K  Slaps total: 181 181
 ddash said
My Boi Resido held me down on the aventus.Imma wear next week.

But mane that Vph got some love yesterday.They cant help but say I smell good.

Test with aventus next week

Resido got that sh*t you smell thru the pack.

emoji
emoji

Did you try any of them yet?

6 years ago '08        #8002
YOURKINGB4EVER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36158 36 K  Slaps total: 1279 1 K
Sotd Kiton

6 years ago '04        #8003
ddash 
Props total: 138569 138 K  Slaps total: 9932 9 K
 RESIDO said
emoji
emoji

Did you try any of them yet?
No lol ahahaha
Next week for sure.Gotta start off 1 spray lol

You know what,Imma Test right now

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
THIS fu*kING 17X01

OH BOI,sh*t is amazing.Straight fruit pineapple blast.Yea this is that legendary xmen adamantium sh*t lol.

Man I felt like a junkie when I got my pack from Resido.Open the box and saw them Vials and instantly started scratching my neck lol

Last edited by ddash; 03-18-2018 at 10:50 AM..

6 years ago '06        #8004
RESIDO 
 ddash said
No lol ahahaha
Next week for sure.Gotta start off 1 spray lol

You know what,Imma Test right now

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
THIS fu*kING 17X01

OH BOI,sh*t is amazing.Straight fruit pineapple blast.Yea this is that legendary xmen adamantium sh*t lol.

Man I felt like a junkie when I got my pack from Resido.Open the box and saw them Vials and instantly started scratching my neck lol

emoji
emoji
emoji

You a fool yo... lol
emoji

That 17X is one of my favorites!

6 years ago '04        #8005
ddash 
 RESIDO said
emoji
emoji
emoji

You a fool yo... lol
emoji

That 17X is one of my favorites!
Yea man this reminds me of older batches I had.

Imma test on a couple chicks.They all know and love my vph but the ones taht love aventus really love

its all 17x for now.

6 years ago '06        #8006
RESIDO 
 ddash said
Yea man this reminds me of older batches I had.

Imma test on a couple chicks.They all know and love my vph but the ones taht love aventus really love

its all 17x for now.

Thats whats up fam!!

6 years ago '12        #8007
DontHateDaGreat 
Props total: 9275 9 K  Slaps total: 937 937
 beeez90 said
SOTD: Dior Sauvage x Paco Rabanne Invictus

Which cologne do you all prefer in the summer Creed Virgin Island Water or Creed Imperial Millesime?

Also I plan on getting the dua fragrances of both, just not sure which to get first because from the Creed samples I've received in the past, they both perform sorta weak for me. Not worth the retail Creed price and I've heard positive reviews and raves of the DUA fragrances.
Imperial Millesime is hailed as better than virgin Island water. If it wasn't for the sour dry down I'd bought some years ago. For reference aquatics and similar scents always leave sour notes on my skin during the drydown (like Aqua di gio). I'd try both and find out how they react.

And definitely sample Dua scents before you buy. They have some good ones but the ones you think you might like might be let downs.

6 years ago '06        #8008
Stupid Fresh 
Props total: 22265 22 K  Slaps total: 4215 4 K
Do any of you have experience with A* Pure Havan? Or whatever

I have many fragrances.. my usual lineup of colognes can get an average of 1-2 compliments on a slow day.. I feel like this Pure havan should be in my top 5 lineup... but im not sure if the ladies agree. I’ve never got a compliment from it... I apply it like I do all my other colognes... to me it smells amazing on me. any of you guys use this cologne and have similar results or different? I searched the reviews for the fragrance online and many guys are saying the same thing..

Last edited by Stupid Fresh; 03-18-2018 at 02:20 PM..

6 years ago '04        #8009
ddash 
 Stupid Fresh said
Question

I have many fragrances.. my usual lineup of colognes can get an average of 1-2 compliments on a slow day... and I remember hearing about Pure Mault... so I finally give in and buy Pure Havan and I love this fragrance... I feel like it should be in my top 5 lineup... but Iíve never got a compliment from it... any of you guys use this cologne and have similar results or different? I searched the reviews for the fragrance online and many guys are saying the same thing..
Idk man I rock cologne cause I like it and not necessarily for compliments.My fav colognes aka fav scents dont get many complements.Sometimes folks like loud stuff that just reaches out.

Pure havane is def a fav scent of mines and should be a compliment beast.I didnt get many tho.

6 years ago '11        #8010
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32122 32 K  Slaps total: 1457 1 K
 Stupid Fresh said

I have many fragrances.. my usual lineup of colognes can get an average of 1-2 compliments on a slow day.. I feel like this Pure havan should be in my top 5 lineup... but im not sure if the ladies agree. I’ve never got a compliment from it... I apply it like I do all my other colognes... to me it smells amazing on me. any of you guys use this cologne and have similar results or different? I searched the reviews for the fragrance online and many guys are saying the same thing..
It’s my fav out the mugler line up and I was the first person to talk about the scent here in this thread on page 1(lol). It’s a compliment magnet for me. But like dash said I wear scents for me and not for others, so I don’t really pay attention to compliment as decision to buy a fragrance.

6 years ago '11        #8011
Sotd ultra zest

6 years ago '12        #8012
DontHateDaGreat 
 Stupid Fresh said

The fragrance game is funny that way. Pure havanne does get compliments but what works best for you might not work the best for someone else. Plus just someone likes a scent doesn't guarantee they'll say something about it. Keep experimenting and see what works the best. And a scent you might like the best might not be your top compliment getter. For example my top compliment getters since i started in 2011 are ysl la nuit (pre-reformulation) and Paco Rabanne 1 Million (the opening always killed) followed by Channel Allure Homme sport and Issey Miyake (Original and Summer 09 flanker). I like pure malt and pure havanne more than all of those (og ysl la nuit is #3 tho) but they fell behind those in compliments. Plus it may just be the crowd you're around. Mugler opens up strong so it's harder to pull off sometimes.

In your case as above, wear what you like or if you have to find the balance of scent you like vs compliments which it seems like you already have done. Just don't put on something you hate hoping it'll get compliments. It's not worth all that lol

6 years ago '16        #8013
Keepit1million 
Props total: 5769 5 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
So would it be dumb to spend 65$ on 10 2ml samples? I feel like it is...

6 years ago '04        #8014
ddash 
 darealvelle said
Sotd ultra zest
I pray for you lol

only cologne to damn near kill ya boi

6 years ago '04        #8015
ddash 
 Keepit1million said
thats alot but I am all for testing.

Im also all for going to the store and testing for free and getting samples for the free if a store has that scent that you are looking for.

if not then you gotta do what u gotta do.

6 years ago '06        #8016
Stupid Fresh 
Props total: 22265 22 K  Slaps total: 4215 4 K
i hear you guys

i give priority to fragrances i like over compliment magnets

doesn't hurt when i really like something and the ladies like it too tho

6 years ago '14        #8017
beeez90 
Props total: 2291 2 K  Slaps total: 410 410
 DontHateDaGreat said
Imperial Millesime is hailed as better than virgin Island water. If it wasn't for the sour dry down I'd bought some years ago. For reference aquatics and similar scents always leave sour notes on my skin during the drydown (like Aqua di gio). I'd try both and find out how they react.

And definitely sample Dua scents before you buy. They have some good ones but the ones you think you might like might be let downs.
Thanks! Yeah I'll see which one I like more for spring/summer.

SOTD: Dior Sauvage

6 years ago '17        #8018
KobeThompson 
Props total: 17325 17 K  Slaps total: 1734 1 K
SOTD: Endymion by Penhaligon

smells great but weak af i sprayed this sh*t 10 times and can barely smell it 3 hours later

Last edited by KobeThompson; 03-19-2018 at 07:03 AM..

6 years ago '12        #8019
DontHateDaGreat 
 Keepit1million said
It may seem that way but the opposite is you buying bottles or higher priced decant and wasting hundreds of dollars because you hate them. Unless you can find them at your mall and sample them I'd buy the samples. From this group alone I'm sure there are folks who spent hundreds on samples (myself included) and don't regret it because we dodged those fragrances that didn't work

Last edited by DontHateDaGreat; 03-20-2018 at 01:06 AM..

6 years ago '04        #8020
ddash 
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

SOTD AVENTUS

Man this 17x might be 1 of best scents ever.Aventus is back in rotation mane!!!

6 years ago '16        #8021
Keepit1million 
Props total: 5769 5 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
 DontHateDaGreat said
It may seem that way but the opposite is you buying bottles or higher priced decant and wasting hundreds of dollars because you hate them. Unless you can find them at your mall and sample them I'd buy the samples. From tnis group alone I'm sure ghee are folks who spent hundreds on samples (myself included) and don't regret it because we dodged those fragrances that didn't work
Yeah but how do we know those sites aren't buying the 20$ 10 oz bottle of knock of cologne and Justin it down to samples selling for 4$ a piece and the sample smell we get isn't the real deal

6 years ago '11        #8022
Sote dua fragrances matrix. My fav cologne hands down in my collection.

6 years ago '11        #8023
 ddash said
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

SOTD AVENTUS

I havenít worn aventus in months. Aventus is not my favorite cologne in my collection, but if I had to choose one scent to wear forever aventus would be it. Just very versatile imo. Wear it casually or formally. Goes great rocking just a shirt and some sweats or a 3 piece suit.

6 years ago '12        #8024
DontHateDaGreat 
 Keepit1million said
Yeah but how do we know those sites aren't buying the 20$ 10 oz bottle of knock of cologne and Justin it down to samples selling for 4$ a piece and the sample smell we get isn't the real deal
True have to search for the best most reputable sites. They could do the same for online decants. I know folks in here can point you to the right direction. I mostly hit the mall or if they have an official site with samples I hit that up and order. I know most of the ones listed in here can be found in the mall or on niche websites. I'd take the risk of a sample vs a blind buy and not loving it

6 years ago '06        #8025
RESIDO 
 darealvelle said
I havenít worn aventus in months. Aventus is not my favorite cologne in my collection, but if I had to choose one scent to wear forever aventus would be it. Just very versatile imo. Wear it casually or formally. Goes great rocking just a shirt and some sweats or a 3 piece suit.

This is exactly why it became my signature scent fam.
I do still like other frags but I haven't found one yet that can compete with the versatility and stay smell amazing. And the batch variations make it even more versatile.

ddash said
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

SOTD AVENTUS

I'm glad you enjoy it fam!
Easily my favorite batch from the last couple of years.
I'm trying to have like 1000ml's of it.. lol

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+14139
Video inside Shawty still got and still will get it Ö.damn
90 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo 🏀 TOBIAS HARRIS even puts NO EFFORT in his FAREWELL LETTERS❗
17 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+6921
Video inside How to become 37.78 times better at anything | Atomic Habits summary (b..
35 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo The time Lebron was cooking Kuzma and got his girl wet
65 comments
20 hours ago
@sports