Aug 2 - The new Spider-Man: Half-black, all hero

most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside GUY COMES HOME EARLY TO FIND HISGIRL CHEATING THEN DOES PHOTOSHOOT AS ..
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Fast 9 poster courtesy of Tyrese
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside White man blinking meme thread (Hip Hop Edition)
278 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
flight overbooked you giving up your seat?
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #141
Reezyboi254 
space
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
 AutoMADic said:
fu*king affimiatve action BS


So because he is a minority, it has to be affirmative action?
 6 years ago '04        #142
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,135 | Props total: 3 3
 pnoi89 said:
Seriously, how the hell do you "talk white?"
watch the show and u'll find out
 6 years ago '05        #143
pnoi89 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,501 | Props total: 3197 3197
 Plizaya J said:
watch the show and u'll find out
Yeah, I've seen the show. Sounds like they're talking normal to me...

Honestly, what do you expect them to talk like? To "talk Asian?"
 6 years ago '04        #144
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,135 | Props total: 3 3
 pnoi89 said:
Yeah, I've seen the show. Sounds like they're talking normal to me...

Honestly, what do you expect them to talk like? To "talk Asian?"
uncle talks "asian" so does the fire lord and every other firebender and earthbender except for toph
 6 years ago '04        #145
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,755 | Props total: 300 300
 Plizaya J said:
uncle talks "asian" so does the fire lord and every other firebender and earthbender except for toph
You mean broken English? You do realize that the only reason these characters are speaking English is so you, the audience can understand? Furthermore, to "talk Asian" would mean to speak one of their many languages and dialects. Who's to say that these voice actors are not Asian? Most people listen for distinct accents in order to identify a culture/race. If a person didn't group up in the ethnic environment typical for their race, it becomes very hard to stereotype them.


Last edited by WhoThaFuk; 08-03-2011 at 02:41 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #146
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,135 | Props total: 3 3
 WhoThaFuk said:
You mean broken English? You do realize that the only reason these characters are speaking English is so you, the audience can understand? Furthermore, to "talk Asian" would mean to speak one of their many languages and dialects. Who's to say that these voice actors are not Asian? Most people listen for distinct accents in order to identify a culture/race. If a person didn't group up in the ethnic environment typical for their race, it becomes very hard to stereotype them.
everyone on the show speaks english

firebenders and earthbenders are not only drawn to look more asian, they have asian accents

go listen to aang and katara and sokka talk as opposed to the fire lord and uncle

they were just casting people who were close to the characters in the cartoon
 6 years ago '07        #147
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 0 0
 pnoi89 said:
Seriously, how the hell do you "talk white?" I must be the whitest Asian of them all since I don't speak broken English with an Asian accent.
thank you :agreement6:
 6 years ago '07        #148
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 0 0
 Plizaya J said:
everyone on the show speaks english

firebenders and earthbenders are not only drawn to look more asian, they have asian accents

go listen to aang and katara and sokka talk as opposed to the fire lord and uncle

they were just casting people who were close to the characters in the cartoon
are you saying that aang, katara, and sokka are white because their english is not broken? If you payed attention to the show u would know that katara and sokka are from some kind of "Eskimo" tribe full or people with brown skin aka not white. Aang is a monk, and everyone who resides where he does are also monks, they have tanned skin and appear to have a mostly "Asian" ancestry.
 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM         #149
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't care what race spiderman is, he will always be cool
 6 years ago '04        #150
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,135 | Props total: 3 3
 Blaze332 said:
are you saying that aang, katara, and sokka are white because their english is not broken? If you payed attention to the show u would know that katara and sokka are from some kind of "Eskimo" tribe full or people with brown skin aka not white. Aang is a monk, and everyone who resides where he does are also monks, they have tanned skin and appear to have a mostly "Asian" ancestry.
no not just cuz of the way they sound, they way they look

im sayin they tried to get people who matched the characters from the show

toph is an earthbender and all her people look asian, but she is drawn white just like the other main characters. same with aang, yes his people look asian but he is drawn lookin and sounding white if whitewashing was done it was by the creators not the movie casters is all im tryin to say

this looks asian

[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



this doesnt

[pic - click to view]



obviously they are meant to be asian, just look at their names, but they dont look it and u try to find actors who look like the source material
 6 years ago '04        #151
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,669 | Props total: 195 195
they k!lled off sooo many classic characters in the ultimate universe, sh*t is sickening. instead of new heroes they just bring in the next number
 6 years ago '06        #152
Big Yari 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$693 | Props total: 35 35
 Andrefrbk said:

[pic - click to view]



that would be the ish tho :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #153
sonofaque86 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$428 | Props total: 0 0
Ya'll remember Blank Man and Meteor Man? :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '10        #154
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 540 540
 AutoMADic said:
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION....

most comic fans don't give a sh*t about minority characters.. only a few....

fu*k this sh*t
Tell em why you mad....
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Apr 22 - Strange New Details Emerge in Bizarre Brazilian Disappearance
69 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Wendy Williams Is Asstowndid By A Member In Her Audience
102 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Apr 22 - IT HAPPENED AGAIN AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT ATTENDANT GETS in F..
34 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Damn Webbie 50 ain't pay you?
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Vin reportedly said he'd beat the Rock's ass for real because he was a ..
173 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Marlon Wayans got him another sitcom
106 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside My 600 Pound Life aka Eww fat people OD gross :dead:
127 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 3
Leaked iPhone 8 Shell Has Rear Fingerprint Scanner And Dual Vertical Camera Se..
23 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy