online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

*Official* Post Your Whipz

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

10-30-2009, 05:55 PM         #851
Skilz10179  OP
Props total:    Slaps total:  
I bought it 100% stock in March 09 so i don't have a ton of mods yet, here is a current list.

Engine:

HKS Super Hybrid Air Filter
HKS Hi Power 85mm Exhaust

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

Stance GR+ PRO Coilovers
P45R 17x9 Wheels Front
P45R 17x9.5 Wheels Rear
245/40/17 Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires Front
275/40/17 Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires Rear
DCSports DC2 strut tower braces
Prothane Strut Rod Bushings
Tanabe Sustec Chromemoly Sway Bars
Nismo Power Brace

Interior:

Nismo Dildo Shift Knob
B&M Short Throw Shifter

Exterior:

Nissan Kouki S14 Front Lip
Removed Rear Badges
Tinted Windows
6000K HID Headlights
Rolled Fenders
Nismo License Plate Frame

Next up is a brake upgrade and a LS1 swap.

10-31-2009, 09:48 PM         #852
Who's Dat?  OP

14 years ago '06        #853
Bman409 
Props total: 3866 3 K  Slaps total: 761 761
^Nice FOX, 5.0? Mods?

@Skilz10179
Damn.. nice basic mods but why an LS1?! Man.. go VQ and turbo.

11-02-2009, 10:48 AM         #854
diplo  OP
5.7L LS1 > 3.5L/4.5L VQ

Responds well to bolt ons and is much easier to swap. Plus I believe it's pushrod..a lot more durable. It's badass, too. 365lbs torque, 350HP STOCK lol!

11-03-2009, 04:16 PM         #855
AKS MUZIK  OP
MY08 9-3 Turbo-X 2.8T & MY04 9-3 ARC 2.0T

Last edited by AKS MUZIK; 12-06-2009 at 03:13 PM..

14 years ago '09        #856
NcAlien 
Props total: 7418 7 K  Slaps total: 409 409
^ Very nice whip
Props for copping something different
but why do those wheels look so strange to me

11-03-2009, 06:15 PM         #857
AKS MUZIK  OP
^^^Thanks.....The rims are OEM and I know either you love em or hate em.......

14 years ago '06        #858
Bman409 
 diplo said 🔗
5.7L LS1 > 3.5L/4.5L VQ

Responds well to bolt ons and is much easier to swap. Plus I believe it's pushrod..a lot more durable. It's badass, too. 365lbs torque, 350HP STOCK lol!
Man.. f**k LS1. lol.

14 years ago '04        #859
c_six 
Props total: 1 1  Slaps total: 0 0

14 years ago '06        #860
Bman409 
^Eh.. I think you could've done better with that Z32, paint and rims don't look right to me IMO. Is it TT (twin-turbo)?

14 years ago '04        #861
c_six 
 Bman409 said 🔗
^Eh.. I think you could've done better with that Z32, paint and rims don't look right to me IMO. Is it TT (twin-turbo)?
NO twin turbo yet. Thats how it was when I bought it. She currently getting a complete makeover. There is nothing in her anymore. No engine, no tr@nsmission no interior besides the dash. Will be dropping a twinturbo engine in there. Since everything is out in the open will also convert the auto to a 5speed manual. The interior (tweed) is going to be redone with suede. I really like how the 94-96 comes stock with suede instead of tweed. New paint job will be black. Wheel/rims i'm not sure yet but I got plenty of time to decide. I'm currently converting it to a 2+0 by removing the back seat and installing the 2 seater back panels. The back seats are useless. There's only a slight amount of customization for that. The center console needed to change as well for that to happen. Where the back seat once sat will now host a place for an amp and maybe a sub. Nothing too big. I rather it have a basic clean look than add a whole bunch of stuff to it.

The garage looks like crap right now. Everything will be done myself except for the paint job. Your right there are things that need to be done. It wasn't my choice on the paintjob or rims but for $1000 i'm not picky. Escpecially since it drove perfectly before I got bored with it. 1990 300zx 2+2 130,000 miles

14 years ago '06        #862
Bman409 
What happened to the engine and tr@nny?

If I was you I wouldve just rebuilt the engine with aftermarket parts, sleeve the block and then slap on a turbo. I'm pretty sure it's the same engine as a TT but without the turbo. I'd get a big turbo too one that'll let you retain A/C, P/S, etc since you don't plan on racing it with decent power and spool.

Also going turbo requires you to maintain the car more than usual so don't think a basic tune up is gonna cut it. Your gonna have to use more oil than usual since turbo uses oil. Going the route your going I wouldn't cheap out on parts either, do your homework before you purchase. Tuning plays a MAJOR role in forced induction as well no matter how well it's put together a poor tune will blow your engine.

1 big turbo > 2 small turbos

14 years ago '04        #863
c_six 
Nothing is wrong with the engine. I just happened to drive a couple of TT lately. Funny how you said that because prior to that I was going to put just one turbo in. lol. My neighbor recommended the same thing. It seemed more economical. But the more I put thought into it I decided to just go ahead and do the complete swap. Plus I would have an extra engine incase "ish" happens. As opposed to being sol if something happens later and i'm not prepared for it. Now adays its hard to find a good engine that you can say you trust.

I don't think 1 big turbo will work for me. The engine compartment is something like a miracle. They utilize every single space in there. I don't have the smallest of hands which would be a great advantage for this car. Thats a problem in itself already. There's nothing wrong with the tr@nsmission except that its an automatic and that I hate them. I've had a manual my whole life except for my explorer. I even tested for my driver's license on one many moons ago. lol. The only reason why i bought the automatic is because of the price. But since the engine is out might as well shell out a couple more bucks and put a manual tr@nsmission in. It easy to find people who are parting out their z so I can get those parts at a cheap price.

Maintenance will be more than usual but thats fine because it's not my DD. It's my "hobby/weekend" car. It won't get driven as often as my other vehicles. I get pleasure out of doing things to it and feeling the change in performance. Thanks for the advice. I do so much homework you'd think i'm in nissan school..lol. I thought about putting a small cpu together from parts layin around and put it in the car so I can run OBD anytime I wish without having to lug my laptop around. But thats another project all within itself. Tuning will be something new to me. I will have to get some consultants. I'm used to fixing "deuce and a quarters" so this engine is more sophisticated that what i'm used to.

11-24-2009, 04:25 PM         #864
AKS MUZIK  OP
The 300 is sick, it was a beast in stock form. A friend of mine had one back in the day....

Anyway, if you are going with one turbo look into the gt30r (GT3076), it can give you up to 550whp and it spools at about 3500rpm. However, to get this, you need new cams with sprockets, 750 injectors, and whole bunch of other stuff. Also, you should really do this power on JE or Wossner pistons, not on stuck pistons.

11-24-2009, 06:33 PM         #865
Skilz10179  OP

14 years ago '06        #866
Bman409 
^Goddamn that's a clean a$s S14! You make me regret in getting my turbo Integra, I wonder how I'll do against a stock SR? I got a Turbonetics 50 trim running on 5psi, pulls hard and spools (3k rpm) fast.
emoji

c_six said 🔗
Nothing is wrong with the engine. I just happened to drive a couple of TT lately. Funny how you said that because prior to that I was going to put just one turbo in. lol. My neighbor recommended the same thing. It seemed more economical. But the more I put thought into it I decided to just go ahead and do the complete swap. Plus I would have an extra engine incase "ish" happens. As opposed to being sol if something happens later and i'm not prepared for it. Now adays its hard to find a good engine that you can say you trust.

I don't think 1 big turbo will work for me. The engine compartment is something like a miracle. They utilize every single space in there. I don't have the smallest of hands which would be a great advantage for this car. Thats a problem in itself already. There's nothing wrong with the tr@nsmission except that its an automatic and that I hate them. I've had a manual my whole life except for my explorer. I even tested for my driver's license on one many moons ago. lol. The only reason why i bought the automatic is because of the price. But since the engine is out might as well shell out a couple more bucks and put a manual tr@nsmission in. It easy to find people who are parting out their z so I can get those parts at a cheap price.

Maintenance will be more than usual but thats fine because it's not my DD. It's my "hobby/weekend" car. It won't get driven as often as my other vehicles. I get pleasure out of doing things to it and feeling the change in performance. Thanks for the advice. I do so much homework you'd think i'm in nissan school..lol. I thought about putting a small cpu together from parts layin around and put it in the car so I can run OBD anytime I wish without having to lug my laptop around. But thats another project all within itself. Tuning will be something new to me. I will have to get some consultants. I'm used to fixing "deuce and a quarters" so this engine is more sophisticated that what i'm used to.
I thought you parted out the car that's why I asked about the engine and tr@nny. I'd get rid of the tr@nny since its automatic, I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of money off of it at a junkyard, eBay or something.

I haven't experienced a TT setup myself first hand but thinking about it it does make sense to me, having 2 smalls turbos making just as much power as 1 big turbo so why even have 2 turbos? TT setup probably gonna be more expensive as well since you probably gonna have to run 2 wastegates, etc.

Small turbos = Spool faster but no real big power
Big turbos = Spools slower but big power

I think you can run 1 turbo bruh, get like a 50-57 trim turbo and you should be straight. You might just need to find a exhaust manifold that'll let you run it, can't run turbo without that. I just did a Google search and looked at the engine bay and it seems that your turbo would sit up at top so you should have some sort of room for it and the piping.

When going forced induction your main concern is gonna be tuning. TUNE TUNE TUNE if you don't have a proper tune your car and whole setup is gonna be a waste of money and time, that's the one thing you MUST not cheap out on is tune. Another member here made a thread about going turbo not to long ago for his DC (Integra) and he didn't know what he was getting himself into here's the thread if you wanna browse through. ↪🔗

BennyBlanco said 🔗
The 300 is sick, it was a beast in stock form. A friend of mine had one back in the day....

Anyway, if you are going with one turbo look into the gt30r (GT3076), it can give you up to 550whp and it spools at about 3500rpm. However, to get this, you need new cams with sprockets, 750 injectors, and whole bunch of other stuff. Also, you should really do this power on JE or Wossner pistons, not on stuck pistons.
Umm.. I'm pretty sure he could run the car on a stock block without any problems with a proper tune 'till he get his cash up to do some internal work. He's definitely gonna have to upgrade his injectors and fuel pump, he won't have to upgrade his clutch unless he plans on turning up the boost to like 10psi+. He needs to get an understanding on how turbo works as well, no point in going turbo and not knowing what's going on with the engine. Cams and pistons = $$$, but I highly doubt he's gonna track that Z32 so..
emoji

14 years ago '05        #867
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 
Props total: 1103 1 K  Slaps total: 66 66

12-22-2009, 01:09 PM         #868
digit  OP
 ~~S.L.I.M.~~ said 🔗

what country are you in? that toyota looks like an acura

14 years ago '05        #869
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 
Props total: 1103 1 K  Slaps total: 66 66
 digit said 🔗
what country are you in? that toyota looks like an acura
japan...

12-23-2009, 07:10 AM         #870
digit  OP
my 02 infiniti g20 sport/nissan primera camino
before:

after:

before:

after:

my old ride:

12-26-2009, 11:44 AM         #871
TornadoWarning  OP
 Skilz10179 said 🔗

Nice! The Volk's look good on that car.

14 years ago '06        #872
Panasonic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18676 18 K  Slaps total: 927 927

02-25-2010, 08:15 AM         #873
QueenzBaller26  OP
just got a 3000gt 95............needs paint job tho post up picks later

02-25-2010, 03:48 PM         #874
Ednyce  OP
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ed/Desktop/P8130009.JPG[/IMG]

02-25-2010, 03:49 PM         #875
Ednyce  OP
04 max
06 gsx r 600
file:///C:/Users/ed/Desktop/P8130009.JPG

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4115
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3313
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+529
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop