True Or False: Ludacris’ Lyrics Were Extremely Simple

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
15 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '17        #51
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 141984 141 K  Slaps total: 53038 53 K
Dmx lyrics were simple, Fifty lyrics were simple, Nelly lyrics were simple. Pimp C lyrics were simple, Ja Rule lyrics were simple, Kanye lyrics were simple etc. I could go on. Lyrics aren't the only part of hip-hop, you have to actually be good at making music. That's why so many of the "lyrical" dudes y'all hype on here never sold well. Lyrics are cool but what good are lyrics if the music is boring?
+6   

1 week ago '17        #52
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 141984 141 K  Slaps total: 53038 53 K
 prophetmoses said
thought I was the only one who noticed how basic his verses are. No creativity. Just a simple blue print for every occasion.

How many times does he finish his verse with a word that rhymes with the hook?

the worst was when he was being pranked by wu tang - told him he was the frog �� lol. My man had "ribbit" adlibs.

Smh. only in the south.
If it was so simple why has no one sounded like kids before or since and duplicated his success?
+1   

1 week ago '18        #53
OPBADAZZ337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11120 11 K  Slaps total: 4720 4 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
Yea i always thought webbie was a complete artist. Boosie too. I got boosie over webbie cuz I like when boosie be on that gangsta sh*t. His style is perfect for it! Especially when he be going off. Like “memories”. When boosie said “street sweeper under my grandma house!! n*gga come here lookin for donkey better set some sh*t off” damn!!!

But yes u right about webbie. He had it. Too me he was like the 06-08 plies. Street sh*t, she had females fu*kin wit’em too
That's exactly what I said. Boosie has the male crowd, but Webbie has the men and women. A lot of folks hate Boosie's voice, but I always liked it. It's unique, and the aggression and passion will make you sad, mad, etc. Webbie's voice changed cause of them seizures. I could tell the difference after Savage life 2.

1 week ago '19        #54
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26504 26 K  Slaps total: 3129 3 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
Bruh. U made it about the artists I listen to. Why bring them into as if I said the n*ggas I listen to are better?

I’m going by his PEN. I said What the thread was and wasn’t about. He chose SIMPLE rhymes, but was deemed the best LYRICIST in the south. His WORDS ON PAPER dont show that. Turn off the beat and read the lyrics. That’s how I do n*ggas who say they are lyrical. Let me READ you lyrics.

And I’m willing to put $$$$$ up that im a better lyricist than you. I can write or record something.... and u can do the same, and we can let BX decide. I don’t play about that bruh. I’m on ALWAYS for a n*gga sayin they rap better or test my rapping skills

So let me know!! Take this sh*t back to the early 2000s. Or if u record, we can do a track together
lol, I said what I said because I've seen ur posts and u tend to like the rappity rap sh*t...u got offended, but that was besides the point...i was trying to keep it to disagreeing with u that Luda was EXTREMELY simple...I ain't focusing on just that word, but u chose to use it like the one dude said, as if he was bonecrusher or someone lol...lil jon and ying yang twins steez of lyricism...

lyricism is my number one criteria for any rapper because that's my taste, so I get all about the 'on paper' and 'reading without hearing how it's delivered'...lol, I damn near invented that argument on these rap sites in 99 to say Pac wasn't a top 25 lyricist.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Luda was the best lyricist in the south...like who in their right minds...TI's better, Wayne's better, Andre AND Big boi are better, Jay Electronica better, Cole is better, Big Krit, Phonte, etc...I'm sure I can name at least 15 Southern artists more lyrical than him...still doesn't mean he's extremely simple...and someone's ridiculous claim that he's the best shouldn't make u underrate his skills.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

That being said and on to the more interesting stuff, I'd put up $100 that I get more votes than u fam! We can send the money to Ronnie or whoever u trust and the winner gets the $200...

I don't even know where to find my mic right now, but I'd dust it off to give u that work

I can write something though if u wanna do it soon...and to make sure n*ggas ain't sneaking in pre-writtens, someone can give us a topic and/or a timeline...or we can just go at each other...I'm with the sh*ts fam...let's goooo!!

1 week ago '15        #55
ah17 
Props total: 483 483  Slaps total: 22 22
Theres more to rap than multi syllable rhyming. Delivery is important too. Luda got classics, k*lled features, great flows, songs for the ladies and the fellas, held his own when featuring the heavyweights, record sales, good commercial songs etc. Luda that dude imo. One of my favs
+1   

1 week ago '05        #56
JayThunder 
Props total: 521 521  Slaps total: 171 171
this forum ain’t ready to have the convo that luda was a insane artist that dumbed himself down for the label. Nelly luda and Ti had the game on lock cause they word play was very east coast with a dirty south twist...buck coulda b the greatest if he wasn’t busy sucking that glass d*ck

1 week ago '05        #57
projectd06 
Props total: 26023 26 K  Slaps total: 6566 6 K
Simple compared to who though? Luda may not by a lyricist but folks gave wayne credit for basic a*s metaphor after basic a*s metaphor for a long time.
+3   

1 week ago '07        #58
Kinglew88 
Props total: 5231 5 K  Slaps total: 876 876
 Rule 336 said
Dmx lyrics were simple, Fifty lyrics were simple, Nelly lyrics were simple. Pimp C lyrics were simple, Ja Rule lyrics were simple, Kanye lyrics were simple etc. I could go on. Lyrics aren't the only part of hip-hop, you have to actually be good at making music. That's why so many of the "lyrical" dudes y'all hype on here never sold well. Lyrics are cool but what good are lyrics if the music is boring?
Exactly if dudes cared about lyrics papoose would be a huge rapper.

If you are above avg with lyrics which Luda is and can make catchy hooks which Luda can do you in the game.

97% of garbage pushed today has no lyrics and 0 depth. So what’s the real topic at hand. Honesty looks like you trying to low key slide TI name in here
+1   

1 week ago '07        #59
Kinglew88 
Props total: 5231 5 K  Slaps total: 876 876
Then gonna talk about lyrics and delivery and gonna bring up Webbie and Boosie

Them boys want no smoke on the track with Luda
+4   

1 week ago '19        #60
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26504 26 K  Slaps total: 3129 3 K
 Kinglew88 said
Then gonna talk about lyrics and delivery and gonna bring up Webbie and Boosie

Them boys want no smoke on the track with Luda

exactly!
+2   

1 week ago '20        #61
Carl 
Props total: 8376 8 K  Slaps total: 2289 2 K
Ludacris is a legend

He was lyrically nice
+2   

1 week ago '05        #62
OG T Gutta N  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6784 6 K  Slaps total: 1988 1 K
gotta quit bein lame trying to rewrite sh*t

luda made classic hit songs like "area codes" and "move bi*ch" , the fact the world went crazy for this choice of content is the 1st thing you over look but even more

how lyrical do these songs have to get to be "lyrical"

cause im tellin u now , aint nobody tryin her no complexified bullsh*t when it comes to havin hoes or bi*ches moving anyways

1 week ago '14        #63
Aquas 
Props total: 2001 2 K  Slaps total: 538 538
 PackerTrelli3 said
Ok I’m a lyricist myself so imma gonna look at these lyrics ON PAPER, so there is no flow or voice or sound or delivery. Just WORDS. Imma gonna look at his vocabulary and see how simple it would be to come up with it

And look at it sensitive a*s with that last statement smh no one said sh*t about who he’s better than or who else I listen to

He’s not even more lyrical than TI was bruh. TIs lyrics hold more weight. So u get a slap too for failure to grasp concept. Idiot

n*ggas dont even know what lyricism is. Lyricism isn't a bunch of similes/punchlines or wordplay. Rhyme structure, narrative ability, and just overall being able to paint a picture with your words. Luda doesn't do that (aside from from some decent rhyming). T.I. is a far better lyricist period.

1 week ago '08        #64
arthurmack27 
Props total: 1900 1 K  Slaps total: 225 225
I won't say he was simple but he was average lyrically. But it isnt always what you say but how you say it. Like OP said, his delivery and flow was A1. With the exception of the great ones, he probably won't out bar your favorite rappers but he could likely outrap them.

1 week ago '04        #65
CrazyHomie 
Props total: 1031 1 K  Slaps total: 167 167
 THEDONN said
It's not what you say, its how you say it

Facts
+1   

1 week ago '19        #66
blackthorn 
Props total: 2516 2 K  Slaps total: 338 338
 PackerTrelli3 said
“It's my daily devotion, the verses stay deeper than the ocean”

“I do it for the fans, I do it on command
I do it for the front row, I do it for the stand”

“I do it with the beat box, I did it from the start
I do it for the dee jays, I do it for the charts“

“ I spit it for the hood, I do it for the block
And since nine years old I did it for hip-hop”

“ Of what's to come next, my money's just fine
Bank filled with dumb checks,”

“Cause this is "Theater of the Mind," consider it a sign
Of what's to come next, my money's just fine”

Are u fu*kin serious n*gga??? Get the fu*k outta here. Talking bout that took a lot of time to think of. Ludacris was never a deep rapper, so being deep ISNT his strong point.

No one heard a deep luda song and said “damn, I felt that!!!” Like they would a tupac or DMX song. Two artists who are Mega lyrical either but was more about emotion

Luda was called LYRICIST.... Look at his lyrics on paper. Like i said, show me something without the delivery, flow, sound, voice or beat behind it. THATS how u judge lyrics.
Somebody get him, the lil' n*gga's out of control
Put a lil' bit of rum in my bottle; I'll dream about diamonds and gold
Gold, gold, to grow from an infant to toddler was effervescent
The essence of adolescence got my body feelin' fresh'n
Fresh'n, fresh'n, and it was a blessin' to rhyme and start reppin'
I was the best in my section with flows harder than erections
Still the best, but now I'm grown with more range than a tec's
And I'm a heavyweight; you n*ggaz is lighter than my complexion

Luda had plenty. You said he want better than TI like War With God didn’t happen

1 week ago '16        #67
Head Coach 
Props total: 8700 8 K  Slaps total: 826 826
 PackerTrelli3 said
Yea but what did I say tho?? I said Ludacris was called the BEST RAPPER OF THE SOUTH”

lox and jada are underrated. While everyone was saying luda was the best rapper alive, best in the south, lyrically better than Eminem etc

I know that goes for a lot of rappers with the delivery sh*t. But luda was put on a supreme pedestal for being a LYRICIST. Jada wasn’t.

See what I’m sayin? See how that works?
He was considered the best in the south cuz southern rappers wasn't rapping like that they was more on party joints with booming base

Except for dungeon fam

And that only lasted maybe a year b4 TI and then Wayne took that spot
+1   

1 week ago '19        #68
blackthorn 
Props total: 2516 2 K  Slaps total: 338 338
 ah17 said
Theres more to rap than multi syllable rhyming. Delivery is important too. Luda got classics, k*lled features, great flows, songs for the ladies and the fellas, held his own when featuring the heavyweights, record sales, good commercial songs etc. Luda that dude imo. One of my favs
Luda had multis too...

1 week ago '19        #69
Nv1130 
Props total: 764 764  Slaps total: 182 182
 Bklynzfinest said
False! And slapped!

This verse is more lyrical than a lot of the rappity rap sh*t u lean towards

I agree that Luda’s rhymes aren’t simple but using a song with 2 features on it isn’t a good example to use because he only has one verse. A better example would be maybe Grew Up a Screw Up with him and Jeezy.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #70
one9eight6 
Props total: 51 51  Slaps total: 12 12
I never undestood the big ups he'd get from other rappers, like Nas for example. I really like Luda, but never got it.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #71
Nv1130 
Props total: 764 764  Slaps total: 182 182
 Head Coach said
He was considered the best in the south cuz southern rappers wasn't rapping like that they was more on party joints with booming base

Except for dungeon fam

And that only lasted maybe a year b4 TI and then Wayne took that spot
Before T.I. and Wayne when was Luda ever said to be better than 3 Stacks? That’s been the consensus best lyricist of the south for a while. I was a kid when Luda dropped his first few albums so I’m genuinely curious as to what the opinion on him was because, I didn’t discover he could actually rap until later on because, he was most none for his commercial songs.

1 week ago '15        #72
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 74459 74 K  Slaps total: 4309 4 K

Last edited by ChoAssUp; 05-03-2021 at 03:27 PM..

1 week ago '17        #73
Drewsmit 
Props total: 17953 17 K  Slaps total: 2464 2 K
Luda took a battlerap approach to writing slightly witty but punches for days

1 week ago '18        #74
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18858 18 K  Slaps total: 2988 2 K
 PackerTrelli3 said

NO! I’m not saying the n*gga was whack! Im not saying he didn’t have hits etc!!! I’m saying his lyrics were very BASIC!!!! and if your gonna “slap” make sure or argue anything but his lyrics being basic, give examples of lines that aren’t

His delivery, flow, clarity and sound was 10/10

But was that confused with his lyrical ability? Lines like:

“That’s why I pack a mac, that’ll crack a back
Cuz on my waist is more heat than the shack attack”.......

SOUNDS dope cuz of his voice and delivery! But it’s simple as hell.

Or this

“Imma bout to take off so F what you heard
Cuz my side mirrors flap like a fu*k bird”

With lines like these, was Ludacris the LYRICIST that we proclaimed his as? Or was it just the sound, the loud in your face voice, the perfect delivery and the humor?

ONCE AGAIN, this is about his LYRICISM.
I'm with you op

His whole sh*t trying to sound lyrical was pure comical

So many corny lines. So many titty boi had to change his name and hire ghost writers to save his image

Luda bx stans super butt hurt you jabbed at their fav rapper

This n*gga single handedly created T.I. as we knew him
+1   

1 week ago '18        #75
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 52435 52 K  Slaps total: 17836 17 K
 THEDONN said
It's not what you say, its how you say it

Yea wayne the master of that.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  17
Video inside Would you pay for it? Tijuana prices
301 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  11
Video inside Transformer c*cked and loaded with the receipts on shiesty
301 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Share Your Crypto Portfolio
119 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+81online now  7
May 11 - My nucca got in to fender bender and started nuccing nuccas the fu-k ..
298 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy