May 3 - Elon Musk Claims We Are Living in a Simulation

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '15        #1
2328 page views
78 comments

People Talk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x152
Props total: 130978 130 K  Slaps total: 16137 16 K
May 3 - Elon Musk Claims We Are Living in a Simulation

The debate whether everything around us, including Earth and the rest of the universe, is a computer simulation has been going on ever since Swedish philosopher Nick Bostrom came up with the hypothesis. It was later popularised with the release of the sci-fi movie "The Matrix", in which humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality.

SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk claims reality is nothing but a simulation. A 2016 video has reappeared online showing Musk speaking at a Code Conference. The tech maverick was asked whether humanity is living in a "Matrix" type of existence.

The entrepreneur said the chances that everything around is real is one in billions.

"The strongest argument for us being in a simulation is the following - that 40 years ago we had pong like two rectangles and a dot. That was what games were. Now 40 years later we have photorealistic 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously and it's getting better every year and soon we will have virtual reality or augmented reality", Musk said.
The tech maverick added that the current tempo of technological advancement means that in future video games will become "indistinguishable from reality". Moreover, he suggested that humans will create their own realities in future.

"Either we are going to create simulations that are indistinguishable from reality or civilisation will cease to exist. Those are the two options", Musk said.
Incidentally, Nick Bostrom, who wrote a paper arguing that life as we know it, including ourselves, may be a computer simulation, believed that there is a 20 percent chance that this is true.

visit this link https://sputniknews.com/s .. a-simulation-/
+4   

best
worst
78 comments

2 weeks ago '13        #2
Phenom354 
Props total: 38910 38 K  Slaps total: 2920 2 K
Well then simulate a roadster in my driveway then
+45   

2 weeks ago '20        #3
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 16116 16 K  Slaps total: 1299 1 K
The guy brought electric super cars to the masses, makes his own rockets better than fu*kin NASA, plans to colonize Mars and make space travel a casual thing. Oh and he invented PayPal. Who am I to argue?
+38   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
Tic Toc 
Props total: 9712 9 K  Slaps total: 821 821
So the lives we are living are inside a realm that is controlled by something we don't quite understand....

Where have I heard that before??
+28   

2 weeks ago '07        #5
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 76238 76 K  Slaps total: 7983 7 K
 Jimmy2times said
The guy brought electric super cars to the masses
what masses? you can go a long time without seeing one of his cars

Jimmy2times said
makes his own rockets better than fu*kin NASA, plans to colonize Mars and make space travel a casual thing. Oh and he invented PayPal. Who am I to argue?
you skipped past the part where he looted sovereign wealth funds to do all this, it's easy to continuously borrow money and just yell at people until something happens
+9   

2 weeks ago '21        #6
Keithf87 
Props total: 3362 3 K  Slaps total: 197 197
 Jimmy2times said
The guy brought electric super cars to the masses, makes his own rockets better than fu*kin NASA, plans to colonize Mars and make space travel a casual thing. Oh and he invented PayPal. Who am I to argue?
Right. We always find a way to discredit what's in our faces.

From cryptocurrency being the future to the dollar going down the drain.

Smarten up Nas.

2 weeks ago '07        #7
this worthless sh*thead science denier might be right, i mean, how else can you become the 2nd wealthiest person in the country without a single noticeable contribution?
+10   

2 weeks ago '20        #8
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 15492 15 K  Slaps total: 1961 1 K
 Jimmy2times said
I've been living under a rock and I don't use Paypal like that. Had NO idea he was behind that Just did my googles
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
ninesix703 
Props total: 1758 1 K  Slaps total: 266 266
 yola said

you skipped past the part where he looted sovereign wealth funds to do all this, it's easy to continuously borrow money and just yell at people until something happens
If they're sovereign, how did he loot them? I would imagine Saudis have more direct control over their investments than most governments.

Not to mention the company was already making cars on a Lotus chassis before he showed up.

2 weeks ago '20        #10
Jimmy2times 
 yola said
Masses…as in everyone who can afford it can get it and stop polluting via carbon emissions entirely. And Tesla isn’t even 10 years old as far as car companies go. The tech is going to get cheaper, as will the cars. As they become more affordable, they’re purchased more and more by “the masses”

Edit: @ show proof of the alleged “looting” - looking forward to the YouTuber’s link

Last edited by Jimmy2times; 05-03-2021 at 10:49 AM..

2 weeks ago '16        #11
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 96617 96 K  Slaps total: 18034 18 K
I call b.s. bi*ches would be way more s*xier than these cows
+9   

2 weeks ago '09        #12
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 9785 9 K  Slaps total: 2370 2 K
 Tic Toc said
So the lives we are living are inside a realm that is controlled by something we don't quite understand....

Where have I heard that before??
Matrix
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #13
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 9785 9 K  Slaps total: 2370 2 K
 yola said
this worthless sh*thead science denier might be right, i mean, how else can you become the 2nd wealthiest person in the country without a single noticeable contribution?
Family ties him and Gates came from long money eugenicists etc
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
Burym3ag 
Props total: 2097 2 K  Slaps total: 198 198
LOL get this sci-fi theory sh*t outta here.
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #15
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3018 3 K  Slaps total: 656 656
The Bible already confirms this

Jesus is basically a game developer that went inside his own. Video game
+10   

2 weeks ago '07        #16
 Jimmy2times said
Masses…as in everyone who can afford it can get it
the definition of mass is a large quantity or number, a select group of people is not the masses, the masses is people with Netflix

Jimmy2times said
Edit: @ show proof of the alleged “looting” - looking forward to the YouTuber’s link
keep looking

ya boy's in bed with terrorists who flew planes into our buildings

then the terrorists smelled the finesse

Saudi Arabia fund dumped nearly all of its Tesla shares in the fourth quarter before the rally
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 28733 28 K  Slaps total: 7512 7 K
Or he could mean it figuratively in the sense that our consciousness is an individual simulation that we each create. There is no one reality because reality is different for every one of us
+10   

2 weeks ago '20        #18
Jimmy2times 
 yola said
the definition of mass is a large quantity or number, a select group of people is not the masses, the masses is people with Netflix

keep looking

ya boy's in bed with terrorists who flew planes into our buildings

then the terrorists smelled the finesse

Saudi Arabia fund dumped nearly all of its Tesla shares in the fourth quarter before the rally
What’s your point? The fact that I used the word “masses” and that word doesn’t reflect how common Tesla’s are currently? Are you saying it’s always gonna be like this?

What example of consumer product evolution do you need me to provide so that you can look beyond the word I used and absorb my actual point that things get cheaper over time and are adopted by more and more people?

Computers? Cell phones? Internet?

I’ll respond to the rest once I know you’re not one of those “didn’t read” type cats lol

2 weeks ago '21        #19
Young Defiant 
Props total: 1594 1 K  Slaps total: 4248 4 K
And he's right...

2 weeks ago '16        #20
Head Coach 
Props total: 8715 8 K  Slaps total: 827 827
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Or he could mean it figuratively in the sense that our consciousness is an individual simulation that we each create. There is no one reality because reality is different for every one of us
He means literally, this is a real hypothesis posed by credible scientist

They believe the odds are in favor of us living in a simulation and they've found evidence to support this theory
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #21
D0llarB1ll 
Props total: 728 728  Slaps total: 89 89
 yola said

you skipped past the part where he looted sovereign wealth funds to do all this, it's easy [/I][/I]to continuously borrow money and just yell at people until something happens

Do it then… it’s easy right???

2 weeks ago '17        #22
punchlineking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7451 7 K  Slaps total: 1551 1 K
there is mad hidden sh*t that Elon knows he will never say publically

I'm shocked he is even talking about this publically
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #23
Exquisit 
Props total: 1630 1 K  Slaps total: 277 277
One better:

If you've ever went DEEP, into game programming, you program:

The general rules of the game which could be:

gravity = some_value;
move_speed = some_value;
tick_rate = some_value;

Which runs on a main loop with the speed of the loop being tick_rate, to calculate these values, and apply them to the 'player'. So by changing the 'gravity' variable, you can affect the gravity of said game (amongst a bunch of other things).

Now, Einstein was able to figure out, e=mc2, which is like wtf, you figured out a static/constant 'variable' of the universe (but we can't say with 100% that it is constant/static, more like 99% as of today). Now think, hmm, we have 'static/constant variables' in this universe... did someone write that rule into existence?

Edit: to simplify it even further, it's like The Sims characters somehow being able to figure out the source code which governs their 'world', which is insane.

Last edited by Exquisit; 05-03-2021 at 02:01 PM..
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #24
dreas_24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1686 1 K  Slaps total: 336 336
Have you ever witnessed your neighbors bringing in groceries?
+14   

2 weeks ago '20        #25
Bateman 
Props total: 10797 10 K  Slaps total: 813 813
I mean

There’s no way to disprove his theory
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+57online now  23
Gentrifying Black Culture
107 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+34online now  17
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
97 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+22online now  17
Video inside Venezuelan Girl Takes Me Into MedellĂ­n Hood 🇨🇴
126 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy