Apr 29 - Ethereum price surge: Cryptocurrency soars to record high, outperforming bitcoin

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 weeks ago '11        #1
2869 page views
90 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 150837 150 K  Slaps total: 21223 21 K
Apr 29 - Ethereum price surge: Cryptocurrency soars to record high, outperforming bitcoin

The price of ethereum (ether) has hit a new all-time high, bucking broader crypto market trends to outperform bitcoin.

The cryptocurrency reached above $2,795 on Friday, according to CoinMarketCap, and was continuing to rise towards $2,800 at the time of writing.

It is the third time in as many days that it has reached a new peak, pushing its overall market value is now $322 billion – roughly one third of bitcoin’s market cap.

Less than one year ago, ethereum was trading below $200.

Other major cryptocurrencies to see significant gains over the last 24 hours include cardano (ADA) and Binance Coin, which both rose by around 7 per cent.

Some market analysts have attributed ethereum’s staggering price rally to its underlying technology, which is powering a number of DeFi (decentralised finance) applications.

“Buyers do not want to pass off the opportunity to be a part of a new full-blown rally to highly ambitious price levels as fuelled by these and more factors,” Petr Kozyakov, co-founder and CEO at the global payment network Mercuryo, told The Independent.

“At this pace, a ride to $3,000 in the short term and $5,000 in the long term is imminent.”

Konstantin Anissimov, Executive Director at the cryptocurrency exchange CEX.IO, added: “Ethereum has shown that it has broken free from the dominance effect of bitcoin. Investors are particularly excited as the gas fees in the network hit three-month lows according to on-chain data, restoring the overall attractiveness of the network.

“The reaction to this is a buyup and bolstered by further network upgrades that are billed to drastically reduce the blockchain’s transaction costs. Sustenance of this current buying action will see the price of ethereum to hit its $3,000 target in the next couple of days.”

visit this link https://uk.finance.yahoo. .. 125344101.html
+7   

best
worst
90 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 28733 28 K  Slaps total: 7512 7 K
shoulda held but got impatient. Put it into VET and ADA. But the bag is coming
+17   

2 weeks ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
shoulda held but got impatient. Put it into VET and ADA. But the bag is coming
I sold all my BTC at 62k but kept my ETH

but i left the BTC gains sitting in cash
+7   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 
 Sin said

always good to have some cash sitting in your wallet to BTFD!
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
Cali 
Props total: 1660 1 K  Slaps total: 173 173
 Sin said

if you left it in cash while it slid , that was a good move.
+9   

2 weeks ago '11        #6
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
 Cali said
if you left it in cash while it slid , that was a good move.
I had a feeling Its not going to top 64k and would drop, but now I want to find another alt coin to put the money in
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
Cali 
Props total: 1660 1 K  Slaps total: 173 173
 Sin said
I had a feeling Its not going to top 64k and would drop, but now I want to find another alt coin to put the money in
man , I know what you mean. I read about one coin then another one comes along ... hard to pick from 20-30. Greed has me wanting that 100x but I guess while im looking I can have it sit in BTC & ETH.
I also had money sitting in USDT & ADA ... I seriously didn't know where to move my USDT and missed out on other gains.

I used to be snobbish towards doge but I been undermining a key indicator: Market Sentiment. Doge outperformed everything during the slide. I would've hedged some losses if I was openminded ... oh well you live you learn

+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #8
Jital 
Props total: 1312 1 K  Slaps total: 124 124
Damn its at +1.87 now, probably a little late now
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
ItAlY2BkLyN 
 Cali said
man , I know what you mean. I read about one coin then another one comes along ... hard to pick from 20-30. Greed has me wanting that 100x but I guess while im looking I can have it sit in BTC & ETH.
I also had money sitting in USDT & ADA ... I seriously didn't know where to move my USDT and missed out on other gains.

I used to be snobbish towards doge but I been undermining a key indicator: Market Sentiment. Doge outperformed everything during the slide. I would've hedged some losses if I was openminded ... oh well you live you learn

ADA is going to come around and may overtake ETH but who knows. Doge will only be as good as the memes are.

Looking at the actual projects behind the coins I have no doubt LINK is going to change the world. Actually been trying to get a job with them because I believe in it so much. Have a homie who's a Sr. design manager there.

VET will revolutionize the world too but mcap is pretty crazy.

Edit: But I'm still going heavy on it

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 04-29-2021 at 11:01 AM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
Jjsmoothbigtime 
Props total: 643 643  Slaps total: 28 28
Question for the crypto coin experts. Do you think ETH will ever catch up to BTC prices or will BTC just continually outpace ETH? What’s up with the difference in pricing other than I a*sume BTC was first?
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
youngvito18 
Props total: 23615 23 K  Slaps total: 4370 4 K
But but but there was a crash last week because of taxes and um yeah it was allll over

2 weeks ago '04        #12
Kaliz ChamP 
Props total: 2061 2 K  Slaps total: 383 383
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
Question for the crypto coin experts. Do you think ETH will ever catch up to BTC prices or will BTC just continually outpace ETH? What’s up with the difference in pricing other than I a*sume BTC was first?
To piggyback off your question, I purchased 15 coins of coin base 330 something and not it’s 290 something for a coin. Should I take the L or wait it out?
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
ItAlY2BkLyN 
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
No.

BTC is a currency
ETH will never be used as currency. It's essentially stock in the blockchain network that BTC runs on.

But I'm no expert by any means. Just someone who has gotten into this sh*t.

This dude is kind of annoying but breaks it down.

Kaliz ChamP said
To piggyback off your question, I purchased 15 coins of coin base 330 something and not it’s 290 something for a coin. Should I take the L or wait it out?
If you can afford to hold, you hold

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 04-29-2021 at 11:21 AM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '12        #14
immemcgee 
Props total: 2191 2 K  Slaps total: 515 515
I know Doge started as a joke, but how far can this actually go? $1?

2 weeks ago '15        #15
LegendLouch 
Props total: 29697 29 K  Slaps total: 6278 6 K
Might hit 3k by next week
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
Phamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8885 8 K  Slaps total: 613 613
Bought some ETH last night and I'm going to continue to pump before it's over 3k... Anyways, I know BX hate helping other BXers out here so, Ive been following this guy

He focuses a lot on alt coins and Sheldon is crazy nice at charting. I'm still getting a grasp on things. I use Binance as my exchange... NOT Binance.US that's garbage. You'll need a VPN (Use Spain) & an encrypted email... You can youtube/google it.

But yeh... ETH doing good.

Last edited by Phamous; 04-29-2021 at 11:23 AM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #17
 immemcgee said
I know Doge started as a joke, but how far can this actually go? $1?
Listening to various cryto traders they think it's a joke for anyone investing in now. idk though... People are focusing on alt coins with a lot of network effect, and have some longevity to move up and not really be a pump & dump scenario.

Just read around and see what's going on with it...
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #18
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 138022 138 K  Slaps total: 32365 32 K
 Kaliz ChamP said
Hold !!!!!
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
whammy 
Props total: 10754 10 K  Slaps total: 610 610
Considering that Cardano's mission involves the people of Africa, I'm investing.
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #20
ohhohh 
Props total: 6891 6 K  Slaps total: 593 593
HBar
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #21
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27436 27 K  Slaps total: 3585 3 K
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
Eth will surpass Bitcoin in market cap, but not necessarily price wise.

Things to look at:

1) Number of tokens. There will only ever be 21 million BTC. ETH is already over 115 million with no hard cap. Scarcity of token is an indicator of a higher value.

2) Bitcoin and Eth do two different things. Bitcoin is a store of value, Eth is an actual platform that can be built up. Out of the top 50 and 100 coins, Eth has the highest amount and percentage of tokens. Bitcoin has never had a project successfully built on top of it. So in that manner Eth will be more important.

3) All of those ERC-20 tokens that are progressing in crypto, they will need Eth to move them. So, Eth will become more important as the ERC-20 tokens become more important.
+7   

2 weeks ago '20        #22
Bateman 
Props total: 10797 10 K  Slaps total: 813 813
Took a gamble and put 10k in ETH five months ago when it was $1300

Smartest gamble I’ve ever made

+32   

2 weeks ago '18        #23
 Negusis said
Eth will surpass Bitcoin in market cap, but not necessarily price wise.

Things to look at:

1) Number of tokens. There will only ever be 21 million BTC. ETH is already over 115 million with no hard cap. Scarcity of token is an indicator of a higher value.

2) Bitcoin and Eth do two different things. Bitcoin is a store of value, Eth is an actual platform that can be built up. Out of the top 50 and 100 coins, Eth has the highest amount and percentage of tokens. Bitcoin has never had a project successfully built on top of it. So in that manner Eth will be more important.

3) All of those ERC-20 tokens that are progressing in crypto, they will need Eth to move them. So, Eth will become more important as the ERC-20 tokens become more important.
Great info... What are some good sites to go learn crypto trading? Or even a recommended crypto school?
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #24
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45643 45 K  Slaps total: 34584 34 K
fu*k Ethereum those gas fees gonna eat yall a*s up, until they get rid of gas fees fu*k Ethereum, and fu*k weed

2 weeks ago '07        #25
Adam Is BeTTeR 
Props total: 8990 8 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
@

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  16
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
97 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+58online now  15
Gentrifying Black Culture