Apr 27 - Lack Of Truck Drivers Could Cause Gas Shortages This Summer

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 weeks ago '05        #1
3134 page views
122 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 9374 9 K  Slaps total: 2626 2 K
Apr 27 - Lack Of Truck Drivers Could Cause Gas Shortages This Summer

Lack Of Truck Drivers Could Cause Gas Shortages This Summer

If you plan to go on a road trip this summer, you can expect to see higher gas prices and might even have issues finding a station to fill up your tank. While there is no shortage of crude oil or gasoline, there are not enough qualified truck drivers to transport the fuel to gas stations.

According to CNN, the National Tank Truck Carriers said that between 20% and 25% of the tanker trucks in the U.S. are sitting idle heading into the summer.

"We've been dealing with a driver shortage for a while, but the pandemic took that issue and metastasized it," Ryan Streblow, the executive vice president of the NTTC, told CNN. "It certainly has grown exponentially."

The shortage was caused in part by the coronavirus pandemic. As offices and businesses closed down, people were traveling less, and the demand for gasoline plummeted. Stuck without work, many older truck drivers decided to retire, while younger ones left the profession or started hauling regular freight.

In order to haul a gas tanker, truck drivers need a special certification, in addition to a commercial driver's license. Finding new truck drivers or getting experienced drivers certified is not an easy task because many truck driving schools were closed during the pandemic.

If even a small number of stations run out of gas, it could cause a ripple effect as drivers may begin to hoard gasoline.

"Imagine the hoarding with toilet paper and topping off of gas tanks that we see after hurricanes, and you can see what might happen," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service.

A few weeks ago, drivers in Las Vegas were surprised to find many Chevron stations had run out of gas as they struggled to keep up with the rising demand.

visit this link https://kfiam640.iheart.c .. s-this-summer/
+9   

best
worst
122 comments

3 weeks ago '20        #2
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 28296 28 K  Slaps total: 9119 9 K
If you had an electric car you wouldn't have these problems

3 weeks ago '08        #3
daluckychild 
Props total: 3559 3 K  Slaps total: 81 81
 Mysticman said
If you had an electric car you wouldn't have these problems

On another note.... someone is going to take advantage. Amazon, Tesla, and Microsoft gonna come take over the shipping industry with self driving trucks that require a lesser skilled driver just to make sure the sh*t doesnt go haywire.

Easy Money

Last edited by daluckychild; 04-28-2021 at 11:27 AM..
+31   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
Coffee 
Props total: 32805 32 K  Slaps total: 7027 7 K
My father has been a truck driver, over various operations, on and off for years.

They do NOT pay these dudes enough money man. They simply dont.

Its one of the worst jobs in the country. Its one of the dangerous jobs in the country. Truck drivers are some of the WEIRDEST people ever.

Bro, every truckstop is filled with some of the most ill-informed nutters in the world. Riding around 24/hrs coast to coast piping Alex Jones, Trump, Hannity, Carlson and Conspiracy bullsh*t.

These places? Bro. I'm telling you. Full of nutters.

I watched these places become Republican/Trump bases throughout the years. You'd walk into one of these places and every diner TV screen be on FOX NEWS 24/7 and I'm just like Kentucky, California, Maine etc: Fox News.

Also

Truck drivers ALWAYS LIE about how much money they make driving trucks. I swear, you get 20 truck drivers in a room and they'll all be lying about how much they are actually taking in. n*ggahs be talking like they making 100k a year or more and they just be completely full of sh*t. They always pretend that they're making 'bank' meanwhile they're buried up to their tonsils in debt. The entire industry is built around leasing trucks that are impossible to pay for, let alone nearly impossible to turn a profit with.

Then, they be always ready to talk about getting 'other trucks' on and starting their own fleet. Bro... they really just be looking to string other broke as dirty men/women along until that sh*t implodes

It's like multi-level marketing where they sell the dream they found out to be bullsh*t to the next sucker. It's crazy.

Anyway, truck driving is the worst business in the country and they have the worst diets, the ABSOLUTE worst diets.

Every truck stop is full of Wendies, Subways, Burger Kings, Pizza Huts and just utter sh*t. Cooking in your bunker is not practical and is never executed to an ideal. You can't counteract sitting on your a*s for 12 hours, rumbling across the country. They eat pure sh*t and then sit on their a*ses driving forever. Poor bastards.

Its a living, but it's a terrible one.

Last edited by Coffee; 04-27-2021 at 10:44 PM..
+111   

3 weeks ago '21        #5
Tlatoani 
Props total: 6639 6 K  Slaps total: 1484 1 K
 Coffee said
My father has been a truck driver, over various operations, on and off for years.

Its one of the worst jobs in the country. Its one of the dangerous jobs in the country. Truck drivers are some of the WEIRDEST people ever.

Bro, every truckstop is filled with some of the most ill-informed nutters in the world. Riding around 24/hrs coast to coast piping Alex Jones, Trump, Hannity, Carlson and Conspiracy bullsh*t.

I watched these places become Republican/Trump bases throughout the years. You'd walk into one of these places and every diner TV screen be on FOX NEWS 24/7 and I'm just like Kentucky, California, Maine etc: Fox News.

Also

Truck drivers ALWAYS LIE about how much money they make driving trucks. I swear, you get 20 truck drivers in a room and they'll all be lying about how much they are actually taking in. n*ggahs be talking like they making 100k a year or more and they just be completely full of sh*t. They always pretend that they're making 'bank' meanwhile they're buried up to their tonsils in debt. The entire industry is built around leasing trucks that are impossible to pay for, let alone nearly impossible to turn a profit with.

Then, they be always ready to talk about getting 'other trucks' on and starting their own fleet. Bro... they really just be looking to string other broke as dirty men/women along until that sh*t implodes

It's like multi-level marketing where they sell the dream they found out to be bullsh*t to the next sucker. It's crazy.

Anyway, truck driving is the worst business in the country and they have the worst diets, the ABSOLUTE worst diets.

Every truck stop is full of Wendies, Subways, Burger Kings, Pizza Huts and just utter sh*t. Cooking in your bunker is not practical and is never executed to an ideal. You can't counteract sitting on your a*s for 12 hours, rumbling across the country. They eat pure sh*t and then sit on their a*ses driving forever. Poor bastards.

Almost makes you wanna go to college and get scammed

No but seriously, stay in school.
+38   

3 weeks ago '10        #6
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 31060 31 K  Slaps total: 1292 1 K
Shortage...of drivers???
+26   

3 weeks ago '10        #7
Rick Ross 
Props total: 18803 18 K  Slaps total: 1077 1 K
 Coffee said

Also

@
+12   

3 weeks ago '17        #8
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 142042 142 K  Slaps total: 53045 53 K
 Rick Ross said
@
He's not lying. A lot of weirdos out there but on the other hand there are a lot of cool one. His posts kinda plays into a theory I've been trying to see about. I feel like those drivers who work at companies that have them out for weeks/months at time while traveling coast to coast breed and attract majority of the "weirdos" he's referring to. My company only has weekly drivers(Mon-Fri), local drivers(home every night), and shuttle drivers(service center to service center) and not exaggerating but most of our fleet is normal dudes with wives & kids and also a lot of young black men like myself who like making bread, getting fly, and smashing broads. Yeah we sacrifice bread by being home weekly/every night but I feel that time home keeps us sane. If anyone is looking into getting into trucking I recommend looking for companies that get you home weekly at a minimum. I don't typically talk to dudes about how much they make so I can't attest to that part of his post but I will say a lot of older truckers tend to have some crazy stories that seem very exaggerated My company is regional and we have service centers with our own gas, scales, and washes depending on which one we're at so thankfully we don't have to sleep at truck stops and what not so a lot of the horror stories about truck stops I simply can't relate to. You wouldn't believe the number of people that think that all truckers sleep at truck stops.. the company I'm with is heaven compared to a lot of the other ones I hear about. Do you.

Edit: he also didn't take into account that most modern trucks(2016-present) have fridges so it's very easy to eat healthy but I agree it's not ideal. A lot of people's views on truck drivers seem to be from outdated stereotypes from way back when.

Last edited by Rule 336; 04-27-2021 at 11:28 PM..
+46   

3 weeks ago '14        #9
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 138009 138 K  Slaps total: 32365 32 K
Where is baggio at

This is a come up

+15   

3 weeks ago '11        #10
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39890 39 K  Slaps total: 3245 3 K
 Rule 336 said
He's not lying. A lot of weirdos out there but on the other hand there are a lot of cool one. His posts kinda plays into a theory I've been trying to see about. I feel like those drivers who work at companies that have them out for weeks/months at time while traveling coast to coast breed and attract majority of the "weirdos" he's referring to. My company only has weekly drivers(Mon-Fri), local drivers(home every night), and shuttle drivers(service center to service center) and not exaggerating but most of our fleet is normal dudes with wives & kids and also a lot of young black men like myself who like making bread, getting fly, and smashing broads. Yeah we sacrifice bread by being home weekly/every night but I feel that time home keeps us sane. If anyone is looking into getting into trucking I recommend looking for companies that get you home weekly at a minimum. I don't typically talk to dudes about how much they make so I can't attest to that part of his post but I will say a lot of older truckers tend to have some crazy stories that seem very exaggerated My company is regional and we have service centers with our own gas, scales, and washes depending on which one we're at so thankfully we don't have to sleep at truck stops and what not so a lot of the horror stories about truck stops I simply can't relate to. You wouldn't believe the number of people that think that all truckers sleep at truck stops.. the company I'm with is heaven compared to a lot of the other ones I hear about. Do you.

Edit: he also didn't take into account that most modern trucks(2016-present) have fridges so it's very easy to eat healthy but I agree it's not ideal. A lot of people's views on truck drivers seem to be from outdated stereotypes from way back when.
Wait y’all don’t sleep in the truck?
I a*sumed y’all had a bed in there this whole time.
+9   

3 weeks ago '11        #11
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39890 39 K  Slaps total: 3245 3 K
 strungout said
Where is baggio at

This is a come up

Bx pays well, even without all the overtime baggio puts in.
+11   

3 weeks ago '17        #12
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 142042 142 K  Slaps total: 53045 53 K
 Inspires said
Wait yíall donít sleep in the truck?
I a*sumed yíall had a bed in there this whole time.
Daycabs are the trucks without beds and sleepers are the traditional trucks beds. Anyone driving over the road has a sleeper and 95% sleep in their truck. Some guys get hotel rooms wherever city they stop. If you do shuttle which is service center to service center you don't have to sleep in your truck.
+15   

3 weeks ago '06        #13
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23058 23 K  Slaps total: 7247 7 K
hopefully it isn't going to be an extra hot summer too
+3   

3 weeks ago '07        #14
Ghost Terp 
Props total: 10515 10 K  Slaps total: 1396 1 K
Lying to get gas prices up
+36   

3 weeks ago '14        #15
If you on the road with nothing but Alex jones and tucker Carlson going through your ears for 19 hours a day yeah of course you going to go insane

Atleast have some joe Rogan & buddens , maybe even some meandering podcast with @ to switch it up a bit and get a different perspective
+11   

3 weeks ago '18        #16
dogfood2 
Props total: 6669 6 K  Slaps total: 4157 4 K
Imagine being a truck driver. I'd rather rob a dollar tree store.
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #17
DeadPresident  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6204 6 K  Slaps total: 1426 1 K
 Coffee said

Also

I mean youíre correct but thatís mainly yt truck drivers. My black a*s never goes into one of these stops longer than I have to. They are like you said weird places. And most drivers who owned trucks/fleets all lost they companies.

On a lighter note tho, itís easy money. You make 80k just driving listening to music or podcasts all day and make better money than most college grads. I hauled fuel before too that shxt will k*ll you. It doesnít pay what you want but hey it beats doin nothing. Most jobs donít pay good at all and I thank God Iím not in that predicament because ppl are really struggling from what I hear.

Canít lie tho, you sacrifice family time for money.
You have to find a job that lets you come home daily t ok make it worth it. Otherwise you lose site of reality from being alone 24/7. That I cannot do Fxck that.

But hey, get it how you live!!
+24   

3 weeks ago '14        #18
 dogfood2 said
Imagine being a truck driver. I'd rather rob a dollar tree store.
Would you rather be a truck driver or a corrections officer ?

They seem to be two jobs that are really tough but don't necessarily get the respect they deserve
+6   

3 weeks ago '19        #19
skippa 
Props total: 7155 7 K  Slaps total: 960 960
 Coffee said
[/IMG]

My older cousin used to take me to a TA that he did repairs at sh*t was a wild land. MFer's chilling in lawn chairs in front of their truck getting twisted like it was a backyard BBQ, big booty hookers all over the place, sh*t was lawless, LOL.

When I would be in Duncanville, TX those junkies took the cake though stealing entire trucks from the truck stops. Trailer and all.

But don't get it twisted I got a couple folks making $2k+ a week off of being company drivers, and only one is a 1099. I heard them 1099 gigs be getting it too. They just need to set their sh*t up the right way to avoid that dry raw dog fu*king from Sam bi*ch a*s.

Last edited by skippa; 04-28-2021 at 12:46 AM..
+14   

3 weeks ago '17        #20
RAM 
Props total: 480 480  Slaps total: 24 24
They trying to makeup for them 2020 losses.
+10   

3 weeks ago '14        #21
WizDoM 
Props total: 671 671  Slaps total: 141 141
 Coffee said

Also

That's mostly from a otr standpoint. In a black man I do regional touch freight. 12 -30 hour routes delivering to your favorite restaurants carrabas, Fleming's, fridays, chilis etc. Rn I work for a 3rd party who contracts for pfg driver shortage. I make 32 an hour and guaranteed 20 hours of overtime a week the last few months I've been averaging 3500 a week.(exempt)
+26   

3 weeks ago '18        #22
dogfood2 
Props total: 6669 6 K  Slaps total: 4157 4 K
 strungout said
Would you rather be a truck driver or a corrections officer ?

They seem to be two jobs that are really tough but don't necessarily get the respect they deserve
The officer. Keeps a n*gga on his toes.
+6   

3 weeks ago '18        #23
BlaqThum 
Props total: 11527 11 K  Slaps total: 733 733
That one dude went on a rant about truck driving must have been triggered but I’m doing alright... my only issue is how much I’m paying in taxes... and I’m still on a payroll when I get my house this year I’m getting my own shyt.

But he is right about the industry it’s cut throat... You could be like his dad on and off and never level up or you can find a lane and network and you can make 100k in a year if you play it right. As I said my biggest issue is the amount they take out my checcs for taxes. I wish I brought home more but it’s all I file as single no dependents so I can always get some money bac.. If you decide you wanna start driving do research figure out what’s going on in your region. Talk to old heads that ain’t bitter. Talk to successful trucc owners. Talk to employees that will bac they statements up by showing a paystub.... It’s money in this shyt don’t let the experience of others derail you from this shyt if you really think you interested.

Last edited by BlaqThum; 04-28-2021 at 01:08 AM..
+31   

3 weeks ago '05        #24
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40756 40 K  Slaps total: 2879 2 K
 Trilluminati GA said
Shortage...of drivers???
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #25
edub911 
Props total: 5760 5 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
So hire em tf
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+56online now  24
Gentrifying Black Culture
104 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+32online now  23
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
91 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
66 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  12
Video inside Venezuelan Girl Takes Me Into Medell√≠n Hood 🇨🇴