Apr 19 - More than 400 Virginia convictions connected to officer could be overturned

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1053 page views
36 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 3452 3 K  Slaps total: 588 588
Apr 19 - More than 400 Virginia convictions connected to officer could be overturned

Officer Jonathan Freitag, 25, is accused of making up reasons to pull people over and planting drugs in their vehicles in Fairfax County Virginia, according to a report by The Washington Post.

Criminal charges have not yet been filed against Freitag, but he is now under investigation after a surveillance video of his arrest of a former firef*ghter reportedly revealed that the driver did nothing illegal to justify Freitag’s traffic stop.

On Friday, defense attorneys and prosecutors argued for the release of Elon Wilson, who lost his job as a Washington, D.C. firef*ghter after being sentenced to prison as result of Freitag’s suspected misconduct, according to a story by the a*sociated Press.

Freitag stopped the Black 23-year-old man on April 3, 2018, claiming that he swerved over the center yellow line, according to The Post. Upon searching Wilson’s car, Freitag allegedly found drugs and a firearm. In 2019, Wilson accepted a 3-year plea deal to avoid a maximum sentence of 10 years, though he maintained his innocence, as reported by local radio station WTOP.

Multiple further complaints inspired the Fairfax County Police Department to begin reviewing hundreds of the officer’s stops. During the investigation, not only did Freitag confess that the stops were “pretext” for searching vehicles for drugs and guns, prosecuting attorney Steve Descano said Freitag’s stops displayed “potentially racially biased motive and racially biased impact,” according to The Post.

“They looked at 1,400 stops. When you’re looking at the stops, a very clear pattern emerged,” read a court filing from Descano, the Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney. “The officer involved has a long history of improper and unjust stops with a racially disparate impact,” Descano told WTOP.

According to The Post, Descano said Freitag admitted to someone that he was targeting Black people in the stops, but Freitag denies the allegations of racism.

Of the 932 cases in which Freitag was involved while employed by the Fairfax police, 7 cases were felonies, as reported by prosecutors, and in addition to the approximately 400 convictions under review, 21 pending cases have reportedly been thrown out, according to the Daily Mail.

Freitag was fired two weeks after being hired by the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office in Florida in August 2020, having resigned from the Fairfax County Police Department just a few months earlier. After The Post inquired about Freitag’s employment with Brevard County, Brevard Sheriff Wayne Ivey accused Fairfax of providing “misleading representations to our legitimate efforts to investigate” Freitag.

The Post reported Ivey said it was “outrageous that an individual such as Mr. Freitag, with a history of alleged misconduct at the Fairfax County Police Department, had become a member of our agency and placed in a position that may have negatively impacted our citizens due to your agency’s misrepresentations.”

visit this link https://thegrio.com/2021/ .. urned-freitag/
+12   

best
worst
36 comments

4 weeks ago '11        #2
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 150837 150 K  Slaps total: 21223 21 K
reitag admitted to someone that he was targeting Black people in the stops, but Freitag denies the allegations of racism.

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
+13   

4 weeks ago '18        #3
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 55457 55 K  Slaps total: 11073 11 K
this why crime stats are bogus
+42   

4 weeks ago '11        #4
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 150837 150 K  Slaps total: 21223 21 K
 Sandyy said
crime stats only incentivize police to harass and overcharge

job that reward people for giving out felonies is a recipe for disaster
+20   

4 weeks ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30072 30 K  Slaps total: 5872 5 K
I am still waiting to see a picture of the lying copper who ruined 400 plus lives to look good
+8   

4 weeks ago '16        #6
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27436 27 K  Slaps total: 3585 3 K
I worked in Fairfax for a while. Got a stopped before, they have some steep speeding penalties.

But this doesn't surprise me.
+7   

4 weeks ago '14        #7
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 51586 51 K  Slaps total: 6459 6 K
I'm surprised more crooked cops don't get touched for sh*t like this
+9   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
Dnyce215  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25862 25 K  Slaps total: 1397 1 K
 Sandyy said
*In Lt. Daniels voice* Juking the stats
+4   

4 weeks ago '06        #9
datVAkid 
Props total: 31194 31 K  Slaps total: 4997 4 K
 Sin said

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
This is systemic racism
+3   

4 weeks ago '06        #10
tonygunz 
Props total: 2290 2 K  Slaps total: 95 95
ONE PERSON responsible for over 400 convictions, who knows how many of which are bogus......so imagine the numbers nationwide. And don't come with some "this is an isolated incident" bullsh*t.
+15   

4 weeks ago '11        #11
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 57597 57 K  Slaps total: 10707 10 K
I'm sure there is more in different states
+5   

4 weeks ago '18        #12
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 52545 52 K  Slaps total: 17859 17 K
Man fu*k that pig for this. Somebody in that case got kids and couldn't get new jobs cuz this fu*ker lied.
+8   

4 weeks ago '15        #13
se15tips 
Props total: 14545 14 K  Slaps total: 651 651
I dont usually get pissed off at reading sh*t but my man had a good job, aged 23 knew he was innocent and accepted a plea deal.. all for what? 1 racist piece of sh*t

Scum c*nt

Begs the question, how many other innocent black men are locked up

+13   

4 weeks ago '16        #14
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 72913 72 K  Slaps total: 7809 7 K
This is like worse case scenario on law and order.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15441 15 K  Slaps total: 2367 2 K
And that is why even though va cheaper. My dc self will stay in dc and own land from afar in va
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #16
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 19867 19 K  Slaps total: 2032 2 K
Absolutely not the only one. They don’t really wanna start diving frfr
+2   

4 weeks ago '08        #17
WarviewVA 
Props total: 2239 2 K  Slaps total: 274 274
 se15tips said
I dont usually get pissed off at reading sh*t but my man had a good job, aged 23 knew he was innocent and accepted a plea deal.. all for what? 1 racist piece of sh*t

Scum c*nt

Begs the question, how many other innocent black men are locked up

I was... Took a plea to avoid 20, good ol Norfolk PD
+5   

4 weeks ago '17        #18
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 26975 26 K  Slaps total: 15102 15 K
He did all that and he is still only 25 ....smh

Imagine the damage he would have done by the time he is 60 yrs old...
+13   

4 weeks ago '08        #19
flav 
Props total: 14675 14 K  Slaps total: 3681 3 K
EXPOSE THESE PHAGGOTS MORE AND MORE

There are so many cases where this situation can ruin someone's life, and especially if you don't have disposable $$$ (to get a good a*s lawyer) you are under the system's mercy

Hate it when they provide you some wack azz court provided "lawyer" who will try to work out some bullsh*t plea deal even if you are innocent that will ruin your future income because of some racist piece of sh*t

I would have been locked up for many months if I was provided some court-ordered 'lawyer'. Had to get my own and fork out $1,500 for a 7 minute conversation to get my sh*t dropped

it's a cash-grab catered to ruin people's lives unless they have disposable cash to feed the system

+6   

4 weeks ago '08        #20
flav 
Props total: 14675 14 K  Slaps total: 3681 3 K
 tonygunz said
ONE PERSON responsible for over 400 convictions, who knows how many of which are bogus......so imagine the numbers nationwide. And don't come with some "this is an isolated incident" bullsh*t.
facts

if one could be exposed being responsible for so many damn bogus conviction, statistically it's undeniable that it's much more widespread than we could imagine

People say 'bad apple this / bad apple that" without raising the fact that it just takes ONE bad apple to ruin entire families

To add, the sudden excuse that i hear "uhh the bodycam didn't engage" or "forgot to turn on his bodycam" should be carried with a serious form of reprimand or punishment to ANY officer who violates their rule

Someone said a while back that every police encounter should be recorded, and should be accessible for download by the person who interacted with the cops in case sh*t goes left. Full transparency brah. So there can't be no slick edits, no ambiguous bullsh*t and since they are held at a higher regard, they should hold themselves up to a higher standard of operation

Power corrupts, and humans are notorious for abusing power
+7   

4 weeks ago '20        #21
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30072 30 K  Slaps total: 5872 5 K
 Aries said
I'm surprised more crooked cops don't get touched for sh*t like this
The good ol boys system protects them , the rank & file knows what's going on

Why were these 2 crooks writing so many tickets , who trained them to do this shyt ?

Last edited by Xiox; 04-21-2021 at 06:13 PM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #22
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24868 24 K  Slaps total: 7269 7 K
Give him life
+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #23
adak31 
Props total: 8944 8 K  Slaps total: 299 299
Dog every time I’m in Va I get a fu*king ticket fu*k 12

+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #24
Big Bad Cobra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5530 5 K  Slaps total: 634 634
fu*k them crooked a*s courts and judges too
+4   

4 weeks ago '20        #25
A2020poster 
Props total: 857 857  Slaps total: 41 41
 tonygunz said
Right... imagine how many don’t get caught and how often this goes on nationwide! Free those men & women!
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+58online now  16
Gentrifying Black Culture
108 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+34online now  15
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
97 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+22online now  13
Video inside Venezuelan Girl Takes Me Into MedellĂ­n Hood 🇨🇴
127 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!