online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

MKBHD ... Why Doesn't He Ever Associate with Black Content Creators?

more
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

7 months ago '23        #251
Flav2 
Props total: 1280 1 K  Slaps total: 87 87
 Yopa said 🔗
That's another brotha that you'll never see with anyone black around him
false again lmaoo

Tell you what, how about you create your own tech YouTube channel, build it to a level of high success, but make sure to have as many black people around you in the process.

If you don't wanna bother doing that, then your opinion has absolutely zero merit

7 months ago '04        #252
nobody 
Props total: 9950 9 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
He's a black guy that plays ultimate frisbee. The man is different and thats fine.
+1   

7 months ago '06        #253
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 139889 139 K  Slaps total: 5937 5 K
 mac58 said 🔗
cause not everyones entire identity is their race..
whats so hard to understand..go outside...enough internet for you. .

you sitting home thinking about a tech reviewers friend circle?..go get some friends of your own you fu#king nerd
^^^

/ thread
+1   

7 months ago '18        #254
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 68021 68 K  Slaps total: 5281 5 K
 mac58 said 🔗
cause not everyones entire identity is their race..
whats so hard to understand..go outside...enough internet for you. .

you sitting home thinking about a tech reviewers friend circle?..go get some friends of your own you fu#king nerd
What does someones "entire identity" being about race have to do with the question at hand? 150 simpletons propped this comment? Wild. Associating with you tribe doesn't equate to having your entire identity being your race.

And while it may not be our entire identity, everyones race is apart of their identity no matter how much of a bullsh1t explanation or excuses one may want to come up for dude. It's a valid question.

7 months ago '08        #255
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54773 54 K  Slaps total: 4337 4 K
 kami said 🔗
↪🔗

Awkward even around white people.
Where in this is he being awkward?
+2   

7 months ago '15        #256
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 68014 68 K  Slaps total: 27345 27 K
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
Where in this is he being awkward?
The entire clip

7 months ago '17        #257
1Oh 
Props total: 46495 46 K  Slaps total: 2163 2 K
He never said anything outta pocket so lettem cook. I don't believe every successful black person is obligated to publicly throw the black community a bone. Just being the best at what you do without tapdancing, is payment enough.
+1   

7 months ago '21        #258
Imheretolaugh 
Props total: 13367 13 K  Slaps total: 885 885
 Wize said 🔗
Because you ain't inventive enuff to create something that your own people will purchase. Those with more disposable income will buy anything
idgaf who buying my sh1t. im still getting paid lol yall can have all that 'brother brither' sh1t. i tried that and realize, nobody cares about you in this world, better fu#k with who really fu#k with you. sh1t aint changing.
+2   

7 months ago '15        #259
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 63248 63 K  Slaps total: 7193 7 K
 kami said 🔗
The entire clip

i dont see it either
+1   

7 months ago '15        #260
 nobody said 🔗
He's a black guy that plays ultimate frisbee. The man is different and thats fine.
We played with frisbees as kids but there was no sport around for us to actually get involved in with it... just had a blast on the block and at the beach like everyone else

Also he loves the NBA..
+1   

7 months ago '15        #261
I think anyone just saying "im gonna only sell to or only deal with this one race" and you're trying to be a business person ... you are limiting your potential and profits immensely.

Its literally bonkers to create a product and only want it to be exclusive to say 15 year olds when you can have an entire state buying your product of all ages.
+2   

7 months ago '05        #262
champ215 
Props total: 4000 4 K  Slaps total: 490 490
 Mrniceguy said 🔗
↪🔗

nothing wrong with having mostly White Tech Savvy Buddies....

but cotdamn .. throw at least one black dude in the mix ..even a mixed biracial n1gga somebody so it doesn't look

rac00n ish
They piling on the slaps but real n1ggas know what you mean.

7 months ago '22        #263
FaceFckDatHoe 
Props total: 7781 7 K  Slaps total: 1744 1 K
 DavidTheMan said 🔗
He already said he didn't grow up around blacks, never had black friends and is comfortable around whites.

I dod find it funny he has no problem talking or interviewing with famous blacks as a black token in technology, but that tells you how the white media wants it. They want tokens they can manipulate, not actual from the soil folks and they come like him, like lil uzi, and etc.
fu#k are you even talking about? It's amazing how dumb some people are. How is he a token in any way shape or form? He has put the work in since he was in middle school to get where he is at. No media companies have went influence over him. He is his own entity and one of the top tech guys on YouTube.
Calling him a "token" only diminishes his accomplishments

7 months ago '17        #264
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43457 43 K  Slaps total: 25854 25 K
 FaceFckDath0e said 🔗
fu#k are you even talking about? It's amazing how dumb some people are. How is he a token in any way shape or form? He has put the work in since he was in middle school to get where he is at. No media companies have went influence over him. He is his own entity and one of the top tech guys on YouTube.
Calling him a "token" only diminishes his accomplishments
Media tries to use him and others as token for blacks in the it space.

Not that he is a token as to why he is famous or selected to be popular.

7 months ago '23        #265
Flav2 
 DavidTheMan said 🔗
Media tries to use him and others as token for blacks in the it space.

Not that he is a token as to why he is famous or selected to be popular.
tf is "selected to be popular" ?

dude has been making tech videos since 2009, meaning he's been doing that for now 14 years

no one cared during his humble beginnings but now all of a sudden he's obligated to cater to a few insecure people and doesn't get the merit of his own success because he was "selected to be popular"?

the world we live in...

7 months ago '17        #266
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43457 43 K  Slaps total: 25854 25 K
 Flav2 said 🔗
tf is "selected to be popular" ?

dude has been making tech videos since 2009, meaning he's been doing that for now 14 years

no one cared during his humble beginnings but now all of a sudden he's obligated to cater to a few insecure people and doesn't get the merit of his own success because he was "selected to be popular"?

the world we live in...
I literally said he wasn't selected to be pushed, so what are you complaining about?
I have said in this thread he worked and earned his fame
+1   

7 months ago '23        #267
Flav2 
 DavidTheMan said 🔗
I literally said he wasn't selected to be pushed, so what are you complaining about?
I have said in this thread he worked and earned his fame
my mistake

i misread it and went left lol
+1   

7 months ago '06        #268
LYTE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36203 36 K  Slaps total: 2837 2 K
In honesty, I never knew this because I don't look that deep into people. I check them for what they supply music, info and leave the personal sh1t separate.

If it offends you, don't support.
+2   

6 months ago '07        #269
Big Fred 
Props total: 159 159  Slaps total: 15 15
 Fatt Kidd said 🔗
This thread too long for no reason so let me end it right here.

↪🔗
EXACTLY! I'm glad Miles left 9to5Mac and linked up with MKBHD.

His YT Channel is dope AF too.

Hatin a$s thread by OP.

6 months ago '04        #270
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 60614 60 K  Slaps total: 8695 8 K
Let him live.... it's his life ...
+1   

6 months ago '10        #271
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 40788 40 K  Slaps total: 6768 6 K
 Mrniceguy said 🔗
↪🔗

nothing wrong with having mostly White Tech Savvy Buddies....

but cotdamn .. throw at least one black dude in the mix ..even a mixed biracial n1gga somebody so it doesn't look

rac00n ish

🔗

Shut the f****** he always works with this guy
+1   

6 months ago '09        #272
iamsoulja 
Props total: 15037 15 K  Slaps total: 2161 2 K
 AggressiveTYPE said 🔗
I met him twice, good dude, but he'll never hire a black person.

One of best friend, who's black, went to Stevens institute with him, he told me dude doesn't feel comfortable around black people at all, girlfriend, friends are all white.

A couple years ago when he expanded his studio to Kearny, I hit up my friend to try and get my cousin hired since his incredible with computers & tech, and was always up to date with them.

bro we didn't even get a word back from him SMH.

Now every time I see his videos, I'm hoping there is someone black in the background, but this dude no n1gga policy still strong lol

North Jersey is full of black nerdy dudes, NJIT in Newark is up the block from him , I know he can at least find one.
🔗

Black dude been on the team

6 months ago '06        #273
Big Money Boy 
Props total: 2351 2 K  Slaps total: 167 167
 RonniexRamen said 🔗
Not saying it’s right but he prolly got made fun of for being a nerd as a kid.
This is probably the real deal. Black women definitely sh1tted on him and called him corny, lame and nerdy. Got the T.O. story. He said screw it and said no n1ggas.
+1   

6 months ago '10        #274
beast mode  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17446 17 K  Slaps total: 7140 7 K
umar's are the new karen's. got race on ya'll minds at all times the reason why he counting millions and ya'll making bx posts
emoji
+3   

6 months ago '14        #275
4 O 4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 14324 14 K  Slaps total: 622 622
 xastey said 🔗
Real talk.. I've been in tech professionally for some 20yrs by now. And let me tell you every black person I've worked with has failed me/taken advantage in one way or another.

sh1t let me tell you this my job (been with them for almost 10yrs , basically employee #2) and we have had 3 other black hires.. all but 1 has stayed. One was for Head of People (head HR) and he didn't even last 2 weeks and he cam directly from our CTO from his previous job (CTO was hired earlier this year). My Boss is a trip tho(so out of touch so I have to check him some times but at heart he's a honest and cool guy). Asked him what happen to dude since he left so quick, he gave me the run down and left with "see i tried"
emoji
I couldn't even get mad, sh1t was soo random and funny but like I said I've known him for years so I knew what he meant.

Dunno what is is about our people and tech. I feel most think it's just an easy come up vs actually about that life. So when sh1t gets difficult sh1t goes south. Honestly I'm still questionable about this last hire but she has more chops then most ppl and she's cool(not attractive at all so that makes it easy as fu#k to work with her lol). We will see if she stays, honestly hope she does... we need some color around here it's been too long.
🔗

+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside Apr 10 - BREAKING: Mass shooting at Eid event in Philadelphia
101 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Adam 22 & Lena the Plug at it again
129 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fallout debuts at 95% Rotten Tomatoes: “Best video game adaptation ever”
54 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Former Rapper And RocNation Brunch Attendee Casanova Checkin’ In From ..
105 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop