Microsoft sold a lot of Surfaces during the holiday season

most viewed right now
+66  29
32 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
-29  29
163 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '09        #1
938 page views
32 comments

Tiko377 1978 heat pts1978
space
space
$17,189 | Props total: 12373 12373
Microsoft sold a lot of Surfaces during the holiday season

It's been a big holiday season for Microsoft: the company just reported that its Surface revenues jumped 39 percent to the previous year, reaching $1.86 billion. That's the highest quarter the Surface lineup has ever seen, CEO Satya Nadella said during the company's earnings call. You can chalk up the success to the latest batch of hardware, which includes the Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2 and Surface Go. We found something to like in all of those machines, and clearly, consumers are digging them as well. The Pro 6 is its fastest convertible tablet yet, while the Laptop 2 is a solid upgrade over a notebook I genuinely loved. The Surface Go, meanwhile, is a cheaper but still pretty capable Windows tablet (especially with that keyboard cover).

As is typical for Microsoft these days, its overall business continues to grow: the company reported revenues of $32.5 billion, a 12 percent increase over last year. Its Intelligent Cloud business grew the most, jumping 20 percent to $9.4 billion. In particular, its Azure cloud practically exploded in the quarter with revenue growth of 76 percent. Microsoft is going toe-to-toe with Amazon in the cloud arena -- its one of the few companies out there that can really give AWS (Amazon Web Services) some competition.

As for highlights from the rest of its offerings, Office 365 revenues increased by 34 percent, and LinkedIn earnings jumped by 29 percent. It also seems like people are actually using that social network more, as Microsoft claims sessions have increased by 30 percent. Xbox Live membership also surpassed 64 million users, up from 59 million a year ago. That's notable since XBL membership actually dropped last year to 57 million. But it sounds like the holidays were exactly the console bump Microsoft needed.

The company blamed chip supply issues (mostly Intel) for its diminished Windows OEM performance, which was down 2 percent for Pro licenses and 11 percent for non-Pro versions. While 2018 was a mostly strong year for PC sales, Microsoft also said that the chip supply dilemma was enough to slow down the entire PC market.

visit this link https://www.engadget.com/ .. nings-surface/
+9   

32 comments for "Microsoft sold a lot of Surfaces during the holiday season"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
DJ Maximum|M 56 heat pts56
space
space
$45,839 | Props total: 21309 21309
gonna be alot of returns too

2 weeks ago '17        #3
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
$9,742 | Props total: 47346 47346
 DJ Maximum said
gonna be alot of returns too

I use the Surface Laptop everyday. One of the best laptops I ever used. I like it way more than the new style MacBooks with that goofy a*s, worthless touchbar, but not as much as the 3rd Gen MacBooks
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
space
space
 justin747 said
I use the Surface Laptop everyday. One of the best laptops I ever used. I like it way more than the new style MacBooks with that goofy a*s, worthless touchbar, but not as much as the 3rd Gen MacBooks
which one do u have?
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 DJ Maximum said
which one do u have?
Surface Laptop 1st gen. This exact one:

[pic - click to view]

The only problems I have is the charging port is dumb and it can't be opened so if it breaks, you're probably gonna lose everything if you don't back up regularly. You MUST have insurance because they can't be repaired, only replaced.

the 2nd gen Surface Laptop shoulda had at least one USB C port, but I still think it's a much better laptop than the new MacBooks. That's one of the worst laptops ever when you account for that price. You can get a more powerful and more reliable Windows laptop for half.

I believe in this laptop so much I'm gonna convince some people at my job to order about 20 of them.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #6
Tiko377 1978 heat pts1978 OP
space
space
$17,189 | Props total: 12373 12373
 justin747 said
I just copped the Matte Black Surface Laptop 2 256 SSD around black Friday its so freaking amazing.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Tiko377 said
I just copped the Matte Black Surface Laptop 2 256 SSD around black Friday its so freaking amazing.
That matte black is fire. I was going to buy one but I changed my mind last minute because I my current Macbook Pro is fine. Couldn't justify $2K when I already have a good laptop, and I have a free Surface from work.

But as soon as this MbP breaks, I'm getting a matte black Surface.

2 weeks ago '04        #8
cuzjuan 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,082 | Props total: 2930 2930
Id just like to say, even though nobody bringing up PONY.... let the PSN users (only the ones who troll about MS being the L Box)... ill let this cook with the haters!

As is typical for Microsoft these days, its overall business continues to grow: the company reported revenues of $32.5 billion, a 12 percent increase over last year. Its Intelligent Cloud business grew the most, jumping 20 percent to $9.4 billion. In particular, its Azure cloud practically exploded in the quarter with revenue growth of 76 percent. Microsoft is going toe-to-toe with Amazon in the cloud arena -- its one of the few companies out there that can really give AWS (Amazon Web Services) some competition.

As for highlights from the rest of its offerings, Office 365 revenues increased by 34 percent, and LinkedIn earnings jumped by 29 percent. It also seems like people are actually using that social network more, as Microsoft claims sessions have increased by 30 percent. Xbox Live membership also surpassed 64 million users, up from 59 million a year ago. That's notable since XBL membership actually dropped last year to 57 million. But it sounds like the holidays were exactly the console bump Microsoft needed.

any PONY trolls if you reading this, better shut your mouths!!! MS making more than some countries GDP #FACTS

xbox has more users on XBL than there are XB1's (insane) with the recent reports backing that XBL users are far more engaged than PONY users, buy more and support more and have a bigger more robust community...

infact MS and SONy are pretty much neck n neck domestic sales wise of PS4/XB1 (xbox not as big in EU and Asia) plus SONY had a 10-15yr head start.

for all those saying this game stream wont work... when it is one of the biggest money makers for MS.. sony literally playing catch up, at this point Amazon in a better position game stream wise than sony to compete w/ MS and sony was never even mentioned when they brought up competition of streaming platforms.

lastly w/ XBOX opening up play anywhere, which will put them as a world leader for software (AGAIN) which will pick up the slack that android and the chip shortage is eating up.

yall PONY's think xbox playing with yall... this article so inspiring to read for all those who love xbox. and to think we getting a preview next month plus, this will all start officially in the spring just before E3 (which SONY will be absent)

good things for MS means good things for xbox

Ahhhh, rant Done!

Last edited by cuzjuan; 01-31-2019 at 11:44 PM..

2 weeks ago '10        #9
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,286 | Props total: 10771 10771
Bought a 6th Gen Surface Pro last summer, worked great for 3 days. After that daily BSD, and for $1100 it was a risk to deal with

2 weeks ago '17        #10
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 cuzjuan said
Id just like to say, even though nobody bringing up PONY.... let the PSN users (only the ones who troll about MS being the L Box)... ill let this cook with the haters!

any PONY trolls if you reading this, better shut your mouths!!! MS making more than some countries GDP #FACTS

xbox has more users on XBL than there are XB1's (insane) with the recent reports backing that XBL users are far more engaged than PONY users, buy more and support more and have a bigger more robust community...

infact MS and SONy are pretty much neck n neck domestic sales wise of PS4/XB1 (xbox not as big in EU and Asia) plus SONY had a 10-15yr head start.

for all those saying this game stream wont work... when it is one of the biggest money makers for MS.. sony literally playing catch up, at this point Amazon in a better position game stream wise than sony to compete w/ MS and sony was never even mentioned when they brought up competition of streaming platforms.

lastly w/ XBOX opening up play anywhere, which will put them as a world leader for software (AGAIN) which will pick up the slack that android and the chip shortage is eating up.

yall PONY's think xbox playing with yall... this article so inspiring to read for all those who love xbox. and to think we getting a preview next month plus, this will all start officially in the spring just before E3 (which SONY will be absent)

good things for MS means good things for xbox

Ahhhh, rant Done!

n*gga you better be on the payroll

2 weeks ago '04        #11
cuzjuan 11 heat pts11
space
space
 justin747 said

n*gga you better be on the payroll
n*gga shut cho a*s up if you cant see the glory, n*gga!
is OP being paid by MS to post this random article? or are they just happy to bring some positive news for those who care, well me too...

what ur OS of choice android? linux? GTFOH...

yall wanna talk talk talk, but when ppl have an actual argument with facts and opinion, yall just look the other way....

its not even a diss to PSN, but to say that xbox lost and has arguable made more money than they ever have and are gearing up big time for whats ahead, even if you not on xbox, how can you hate that MS gonna push SONY to do better?

since i let it cook, here's some marinara sauce to go with all that salt you got!

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '09        #12
mtva24 229 heat pts229
space
space
$9,143 | Props total: 1855 1855
Bought a SL2 for $799 this holiday season to replace my Surface 3. I bought the pixelbook when it was $699, but chrome os wasn’t cutting it, so I returned I for a SL2....no complaints at all!

2 weeks ago '04        #13
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,410 | Props total: 1322 1322
I have a Surface Pro 3 that stillnworked great
Its the i7 8gb 256ssd. I broke the screen but. Can. Still use it. I'm going to get either a Surface Pro 6 or SurfaceBook.

2 weeks ago '17        #14
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 cuzjuan said
n*gga shut cho a*s up if you cant see the glory, n*gga!
is OP being paid by MS to post this random article? or are they just happy to bring some positive news for those who care, well me too...

what ur OS of choice android? linux? GTFOH...

yall wanna talk talk talk, but when ppl have an actual argument with facts and opinion, yall just look the other way....

its not even a diss to PSN, but to say that xbox lost and has arguable made more money than they ever have and are gearing up big time for whats ahead, even if you not on xbox, how can you hate that MS gonna push SONY to do better?

since i let it cook, here's some marinara sauce to go with all that salt you got!

If you don't work for Microsoft, you need to reevaluate your life choices

2 weeks ago '17        #15
Rule 336 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,439 | Props total: 35320 35320
Can't wait for the surfacebook 3 to drop.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Rule 336 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,439 | Props total: 35320 35320
 mtva24 said
Bought a SL2 for $799 this holiday season to replace my Surface 3. I bought the pixelbook when it was $699, but chrome os wasn’t cutting it, so I returned I for a SL2....no complaints at all!
Pixel books are garbage.

Edit: nvm I'm thinking of the pixel slate.. Worst device I've ever owned.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
space
space
 justin747 said
Surface Laptop 1st gen. This exact one:

[pic - click to view]

The only problems I have is the charging port is dumb and it can't be opened so if it breaks, you're probably gonna lose everything if you don't back up regularly. You MUST have insurance because they can't be repaired, only replaced.

the 2nd gen Surface Laptop shoulda had at least one USB C port, but I still think it's a much better laptop than the new MacBooks. That's one of the worst laptops ever when you account for that price. You can get a more powerful and more reliable Windows laptop for half.

I believe in this laptop so much I'm gonna convince some people at my job to order about 20 of them.
the 3rd gen was supposed to be the one

thats why I always thought the surface lacked and that horrible version of of Windows RT 10
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #18
Zaosyn 264 heat pts264
space
space
$14,937 | Props total: 2899 2899
Yeah them surface books are probably the best 2-in-1 you can get. They can play games, turn into a tablet or be your workstation. A lot of great tech in that little thing.

I have a surface pro 2 (not a surface book) I got one for $100 with 8gb ram, i5 and 128gb ssd. It's pretty nice for what it is. Would love a surface book.

2 weeks ago '06        #19
aussie08 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 2179 2179
I used to look foward to Apple products, but now the features on PC’s are better.

Been with Apple since Number Crunchers but have been nothing but dissapointed lately.

2 weeks ago '04        #20
nitetrain8601 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,333 | Props total: 7399 7399
I've had the Surface Pro 3, Surface Book and the Surface Laptop.

The only bad thing is when they went to those new docks. The Surface Pro 3 had the best docks. sh*t was rock solid.

Surface Book was dope but I never used it as a tablet or in kiosk mode. Surface Laptop is the best as the keyboard is rock solid but not as heavy as the Surface Book. Plus you can bend the screen backwards further. It also gets the most oohs and ahhs

2 weeks ago '06        #21
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,841 | Props total: 237 237
just copped the surface pro 6 to vnc my retina mbp for multitouch input.

way better wifi card also

2 weeks ago '04        #22
cuzjuan 11 heat pts11
space
space
 justin747 said

If you don't work for Microsoft, you need to reevaluate your life choices
cause i have an affinity to champion a successful resourceful company who has been in the lead globally for what 20-30 plus years?

u sure about tht?

2 weeks ago '17        #23
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 cuzjuan said
cause i have an affinity to champion a successful resourceful company who has been in the lead globally for what 20-30 plus years?

u sure about tht?
And how much of that money do you get?

2 weeks ago '04        #24
cuzjuan 11 heat pts11
space
space
 justin747 said
And how much of that money do you get?

so ur saying if i dont get paid dont speak my opinion on companies success unless they paying me?

i do admire you business sense, but to censor myself and hold out for alil cash.. not sure i wanna censor myself like that rn either way...

NO!

2 weeks ago '17        #25
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 cuzjuan said
so ur saying if i dont get paid dont speak my opinion on companies success unless they paying me?

i do admire you business sense, but to censor myself and hold out for alil cash.. not sure i wanna censor myself like that rn either way...

NO!
NO! goofy n*gga.

You're not supposed to take sides. All of these companies are equally corrupt. You buy the best product to fit your needs, and if multiple products fit your needs then you buy multiple. But NEVER take sides.

If the next Xbox is trash, you give your money to the competition or you don't give it to anybody. This cheerleading sh*t you new n*ggas do for these companies is corny as fu*k

Home      

most viewed right now
+28online now  21
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
370 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+16online now  16
NBA LEGENDARY: The Portland JAIL BLAZERS STORY Told From PRIVATE JET FLIGHT AT..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+35online now  16
Happy Vday, Christina Rossi is single and ready to mingle
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  12
Image(s) inside Captain Marvel: Box Office Projection PLUMMETS after Brie Larson press..
219 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy