Verizon, T-Mobile duke it out in latest OpenSignal report

most viewed right now
-60  44
52 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '09        #1
845 page views
23 comments

Tiko377 1991 heat pts1991
space
space
$17,449 | Props total: 12777 12777
Verizon, T-Mobile duke it out in latest OpenSignal report

T-Mobile CEO John Legere might have felt even more animated and bubbly than usual over the last few days. Last week, a You Gov poll found that more T-Mobile customers were satisfied with their service than customers on Verizon, AT&T and Sprint. Then, earlier this week, data from the Ookla Speedtest app found that T-Mobile had the fastest 4G LTE download speed for the 20th consecutive quarter.

For the period from October through December 2018, T-Mobile averaged a download speed of 33.4Mbps, topping Verizon's average speed of 32.1Mbps. AT&T finished third with an average speed of 30.6Mbps with Sprint's 27.7Mbps average bringing up the rear.

But today, OpenSignal issued its latest State of Mobile Networks report. While Verizon and T-Mobile battled for the top spot in nearly every category, T-Mobile edged out Verizon for the fastest download speed by a very close margin. T-Mobile averaged 21.1Mbps versus 20.9Mbps for Big Red. However, that figure includes both 4G LTE and 3G speeds. Looking at 4G download speeds alone, Verizon (22Mbps) slipped past T-Mobile (21.9Mbps). It was T-Mobile's edge in 3G speeds (3.7Mbps compared to .8Mbps for Verizon) that allowed T-Mobile to come out on top overall. And even then, OpenSignal called it a draw.

Meanwhile, based on the OpenSignal app and the crowdsourced data that it generates, OpenSignal awarded wins to Verizon for 4G availability, Video experience, and Upload speed. AT&T picked up the win in Latency. OpenSignal says that Verizon and T-Mobile should continue to battle each other for the top spots in the near future.

"For the last several reports, OpenSignal has become accustomed to handing T-Mobile accolades as the operator has skyrocketed up our metric rankings. But Verizon has made a comeback in the last six months. Boosted speeds, extended LTE reach and improved video quality have sent Verizon to the top of most of our metric categories and has left Verizon and T-Mobile duking it out for our Download Speed Experience award. Make no mistake, T-Mobile isn't down for the count. In every metric Verizon won, T-Mobile is a very close second in our analysis, and will likely contest each of Verizon's current wins in our future U.S. reports."-OpenSignal
visit this link https://www.phonearena.co .. eport_id113107
+3   

23 comments for "Verizon, T-Mobile duke it out in latest OpenSignal report"

3 months ago '15        #2
AdRock 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,922 | Props total: 9490 9490
Damn. Gonna have to check T-Mobile out... see what kinda rates they got going on... bc I can't stand Verizon...& I've had them forever
+3   

3 months ago '08        #3
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,968 | Props total: 7651 7651
 AdRock said
Damn. Gonna have to check T-Mobile out... see what kinda rates they got going on... bc I can't stand Verizon...& I've had them forever
been with VZ since 2013 which has been the best upgrade from Sprint

T-Mobile has been pulling weight these few recent years, that's commendable
+2   

3 months ago '04        #4
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,002 | Props total: 3111 3111
Been with T-Mob gang since '07.....only complaint is when I had to go to the boonies to visit grandma and nem, and barely had reception, now it's on point.
+3   

3 months ago '13        #5
marietta92 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,691 | Props total: 13805 13805
Switched to T Mob last year. payin under a 100 bucks a month for unlimited everything n i got 4 lines

Team Magenta been good to me.

[pic - click to view]

+1   

3 months ago '07        #6
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 610 610
Anyone have an iPhone X on Tmobile? You have any troubles with service?

3 months ago '05        #7
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,360 | Props total: 6450 6450
Been on T-Mobile since 08. Service is on point. Internet rivals my house internet.

3 months ago '10        #8
luckykidtay1 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$154 | Props total: 9 9
 I_GOT_DAT_PIFF said
Anyone have an iPhone X on Tmobile? You have any troubles with service?
no but i heard that earlier iphone x's that were first released had connection issues and to be replaced

3 months ago '04        #9
Lil Biz 75 heat pts75
space
space
$4,334 | Props total: 1273 1273
I was with Sprint from 2003-2016. I left and went to Verizon and I've been happy ever since. I know people complained about Sprint but I was in the A mostly and traveled to other major cities and never had a problem. I use to constantly do speed test and was happy to see 20-35mbs. I dropped calls here and there but nothing too crazy. I guess you dnt appreciate the good sh*t until you have the good sh*t. Since I've been on Verizon i haven't had 1 drop call and I avg 60-110mbs with Verizon. The quality aint even close! And idk if Sprint fixed there dumbass LTE but one thing I use to like with Sprint is that you can surf and talk on the phone. But Sprint dumbass changed their frequency and you couldn't do it anymore. Well Verizon can definitely talk and surf the internet which is a HUGE W for me!
+1   

3 months ago '17        #10
Gucci2x 15 heat pts15
space
space
$300 | Props total: 2267 2267
 luckykidtay1 said
no but i heard that earlier iphone x's that were first released had connection issues and to be replaced
Thats because the iPhone X for AT&T and T-Mobile has a sh*tty Intel modem, that is leagues behind the qualcomm chips in the Verizon & Sprint iPhone X models
+1   

3 months ago '07        #11
offdahese 11 heat pts11
space
space
$623 | Props total: 219 219
Love Tmobile, Grandfathered in to Jump on Demand. Up to 3 upgrades a year, all you pay is taxes. Been with then about 7 years though

3 months ago '15        #12
TheCompanyMan 61 heat pts61
space
space
$786 | Props total: 2396 2396
T-Mobile gang.

2 months ago '09        #13
kickzrme 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,391 | Props total: 3655 3655
It might be time for a switch from Verizon to T-Mobile...I know it's gonna be cheaper but if the service is just as good the fu*k I'm payin more than I have to for

2 months ago '15        #14
donnyyy 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 5373 5373
Just spoke with Tmobile yesterday.

Sprint is the worst of all time... it's time to move on.

Enough confirmations already lol
+1   

2 months ago '05        #15
old head 180 heat pts180
space
space
$19,772 | Props total: 20184 20184
sh*t im on xfinity mobile now, runs off verizon towers

NOTHING out there cheaper

2 months ago '15        #16
donnyyy 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 marietta92 said
Switched to T Mob last year. payin under a 100 bucks a month for unlimited everything n i got 4 lines

Team Magenta been good to me.

[pic - click to view]

How the heck you pull that off?
+1   

2 months ago '13        #17
marietta92 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,691 | Props total: 13805 13805
 donnyyy said
How the heck you pull that off?
T mobile One military plan. Available for active duty and veterans

I pay 83 bucks a month
+2   

2 months ago '15        #18
asap711 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,314 | Props total: 1148 1148
Verizon still covers more ground recently changed from verizon to t mobile and i dont get reception where i live

2 months ago '17        #19
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,544 | Props total: 47660 47660
 AdRock said
I've had T-mobile back si ce they were Voicestrem and they've always been great. Now that they're making money and become larger their coverage is even better. Plus their prices and perks are far superior. I stream music and movies and it doesn't count against my data.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
sOurxd i e s e 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,811 | Props total: 9242 9242
 donnyyy said
Just spoke with Tmobile yesterday.

Sprint is the worst of all time... it's time to move on.

Enough confirmations already lol
i had sprint for 12 years and just joined tmobile on sunday

brand new phone, cheaper bill and i cant tell the difference between speeds at all

and tmobile tuesdays is dope no regrets
+1   

2 months ago '15        #21
donnyyy 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 sOurxd i e s e said
i had sprint for 12 years and just joined tmobile on sunday

brand new phone, cheaper bill and i cant tell the difference between speeds at all

and tmobile tuesdays is dope no regrets
Someone just showed me the Tmoblie Tuesdays on their phone.

I was like bruh.... what the heck
+1   

2 months ago '10        #22
space
space
space
 Gucci2x said
Thats because the iPhone X for AT&T and T-Mobile has a sh*tty Intel modem, that is leagues behind the qualcomm chips in the Verizon & Sprint iPhone X models
hmmm so what if I bought mine cash from apple....

2 months ago '17        #23
Gucci2x 15 heat pts15
space
space
$300 | Props total: 2267 2267
 luckykidtay1 said
hmmm so what if I bought mine cash from apple....
If you got it from Apple then your phone is unlocked and most likely the Qualcomm chip.

Just go to Settings>General>About and look at your model. If it's A1901 then you got fu*ked like me. lol

2 months ago '10        #24
space
space
space
 Gucci2x said
If you got it from Apple then your phone is unlocked and most likely the Qualcomm chip.

Just go to Settings>General>About and look at your model. If it's A1901 then you got fu*ked like me. lol

nah mine start wit mqa

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  18
Image(s) inside Just gonna leave this here for the Cardi fans
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+122online now  13
Image(s) inside Crystal M
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  12
Hushed App
47 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  4
New Travis Scott Air Jordan 1 worth it??
23 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy