New software may put an end to Netflix password sharing

most viewed right now
73 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '04        #26
GetEmDaddy902 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,201 | Props total: 3266 3266
cool so the next tech company will find away to by pass it as usual

3 months ago '04        #27
orv 
space
space
$5,179 | Props total: 3694 3694
Time for some reverse engineering. Gotta get it server-side though.

3 months ago '17        #28
Harasnart 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,672 | Props total: 9467 9467
 ExNihilo said
You have 4 profiles on a Netflix, you can't tell me my 4 profiles can't use the service at the same time.

They makin it easier to look at "alternative streaming services"
Thatís not the point.. itís for households... not 4 accounts around the world. Thatís what people do.

I have one account, I donít share. If you canít afford 11 dollars, youíre a broke fu*k

3 months ago '08        #29
ExNihilo 53 heat pts53
space
space
$22,821 | Props total: 32425 32425
 Harasnart said
That’s not the point.. it’s for households... not 4 accounts around the world. That’s what people do.

I have one account, I don’t share. If you can’t afford 11 dollars, you’re a broke fu*k

n*ggas love that "You're broke" bullsh!t argument for cheap services.

The point is I don't want a SERVICE PROVIDER telling me how to use a SERVICE I pay for.

If multiple people in the same household are on different IP addresses streaming, they can say it violates the TOU.
+4   

3 months ago '17        #30
Harasnart 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 ExNihilo said

n*ggas love that "You're broke" bullsh!t argument for cheap services.

The point is I don't want a SERVICE PROVIDER telling me how to use a SERVICE I pay for.

If multiple people in the same household are on different IP addresses streaming, they can say it violates the TOU.
Where did they say you can share your account with 3 different people? Show me?

Itís 11 dollars. Stfu. If you donít like it, donít use it. People complaining over 11 dollars is crazy. Broke fu*ks

3 months ago '08        #31
ExNihilo 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Harasnart said
Where did they say you can share your account with 3 different people? Show me?

Itís 11 dollars. Stfu. If you donít like it, donít use it. People complaining over 11 dollars is crazy. Broke fu*ks
So 1 person uses 4 profiles

The purpose of multiple accounts is so multiple people in a household can share it.

You keep talking about $11 so I know you broke. My sh!t been $14 for a while cuz I have 4K tvs and when you login, Netflix automatically asks if you want to upgrade to UHD service. Shut the entire fvck up chump.
+6   

3 months ago '17        #32
Harasnart 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 ExNihilo said
So 1 person uses 4 profiles

The purpose of multiple accounts is so multiple people in a household can share it.

You keep talking about $11 so I know you broke. My sh!t been $14 for a while cuz I have 4K tvs and when you login, Netflix automatically asks if you want to upgrade to UHD service. Shut the entire fvck up chump.
It's for 4 screens you dumb fu*k. You're too broke to know.

Laptop? Iphone? 2 tv's? that's 4. Stupid fu*k.

Moron. Use that 14 dollars on a book.. learn something

3 months ago '08        #33
ExNihilo 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Harasnart said

Gawd damn you're an idiot.

You really don't understand what it means for multiple devices to be on different IP addresses.

Don't respond. Carry on your idiot conversation without me. Thanks.
+2   

3 months ago '06        #34
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$5,331 | Props total: 2161 2161
 Harasnart said

It means up to 4 ppl (4 devices) can watch @ the same time

3 months ago '12        #35
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,146 | Props total: 15546 15546
Are people really surprised lol? I doubt this will take full effect though. Way too much of a liability. They already made subscribers mad with the price spike. This will only add fuel to the flame and they'll lose even more subscribers.

3 months ago '11        #36
awww 141 heat pts141
space
space
$7,574 | Props total: 29777 29777
 Willi263 said
as long as they don't f*ck with Plex, I'm good
right i use plex
+2   

3 months ago '13        #37
misterethoughts 370 heat pts370
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 6377 6377
 killacar said
Or it's going to backfire....I pay for the top tier, which gets four or 5 simultaneous streams at once, I really don't even use Netflix and have alternative means to access their stuff. If no one outside of my house can use it then I have no real need for the top tier, so either I drop down to the lowest or just cancel it all together.

I mostly keep it for convenience, but even my 5 yr old knows how to use other streaming sites, so I can save my now $16 a month
I just canceled Netflix, will use it in 3-months to catch up on shows and then cancel again.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #38
ANewSense 
space
space
$961 | Props total: 6124 6124
Funny, take out the last two words in the title and it’s still so fitting (as far as a reaction would go)...

3 months ago '16        #39
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 2396 2396
 ExNihilo said
You have 4 profiles on a Netflix, you can't tell me my 4 profiles can't use the service at the same time.

They makin it easier to look at "alternative streaming services"
People always claimed piracy exist because the product wasn't affordable, well Netflix was/is affordable and people still try to find loopholes.

Will Netflix and other streaming services be able to make up for "lost" revenue with this newer tech or are they shooting themselves in the foot? I don't know.

3 months ago '08        #40
ExNihilo 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Eastcoast said
People always claimed piracy exist because the product wasn't affordable, well Netflix was/is affordable and people still try to find loopholes.

Will Netflix and other streaming services be able to make up for "lost" revenue with this newer tech or are they shooting themselves in the foot? I don't know.
My biggest gripe is Netflix being able to say "true account holders" on multiple IP addresses are breaking the TOU based on the s/w analytics. At this point Netflix using that tech is speculation, since it hasn't been integrated.

Long as the techs out there, people will look for loopholes. Since media's been able to be transferred online, it's been up for grabs. I don't think anyone will have an answer or way to block it. I have Netflix & YouTube Red and can find most of the content I want between the 2, if other people find ways to get shows they want I'm not mad at it and price increases are inevitable, even when companies maximize profit
+1   

3 months ago '04        #41
caboloon 203 heat pts203
space
space
$4,408 | Props total: 1339 1339
But you can still use at the same house ? cause I have bothe of my kids using it

3 months ago '04        #42
bnw99 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,725 | Props total: 9347 9347
Wonít stop my downloading. fu*k a stream..will never rely on that sh*t.

3 months ago '06        #43
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$5,331 | Props total: 2161 2161
 Eastcoast said

Just because "we" can afford it doesn't mean others can .. dudes from overseas used to sell NF accs for 5 pennies! There's always someone doing waaayyyy worse than you and me ..

One of the main reasons why "piracy" exist is because ppl are "curious" .. ppl are always trying to learn how to "get around" things or want to know how certain things work .. once that info/product leaks out then the ones who can't afford it jumps all over it ..
+1   

3 months ago '16        #44
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
 ~ k*lla KaZi ~ said
Just because "we" can afford it doesn't mean others can .. dudes from overseas used to sell NF accs for 5 pennies! There's always someone doing waaayyyy worse than you and me ..

One of the main reasons why "piracy" exist is because ppl are "curious" .. ppl are always trying to learn how to "get around" things or want to know how certain things work .. once that info/product leaks out then the ones who can't afford it jumps all over it ..
I'm sure the majority of Netflix cash flow comes from North America. Neflix is marketing to areas where $10 is affordable or a lot more affordable than $150 cable bills.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #45
Fameus 7 heat pts
space
space
$9,028 | Props total: 6500 6500
 Eastcoast said
I'm sure the majority of Netflix cash flow comes from North America. Neflix is marketing to areas where $10 is affordable or a lot more affordable than $150 cable bills.
The price hikes are just gonna keep going up and up and up too. All of these 50 million deals for comedians are gonna catch up real real quick. The $40 Netflix bill is fast approaching, then theyre not gonna seem so cute.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #46
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
 Fameus said
The price hikes are just gonna keep going up and up and up too. All of these 50 million deals for comedians are gonna catch up real real quick. The $40 Netflix bill is fast approaching, then theyre not gonna seem so cute.
It's going to be interesting to see the breaking point. I personally wouldn't pay a $40 netflix bill as it is now.

3 months ago '04        #47
Fameus 7 heat pts
space
space
$9,028 | Props total: 6500 6500
 Eastcoast said
It's going to be interesting to see the breaking point. I personally wouldn't pay a $40 netflix bill as it is now.
I dont get it, i watch one show off of it. Hulu seems like the better option imo. Live tv 50+ channels for $45 Netflix beats them on original programming but i wouldnt sleep on Hulu.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #48
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,435 | Props total: 4405 4405
Netflix allows you to stream on up to 5 devices and you have to use the master account....people just type things

3 months ago '16        #49
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
 Fameus said
I dont get it, i watch one show off of it. Hulu seems like the better option imo. Live tv 50+ channels for $45 Netflix beats them on original programming but i wouldnt sleep on Hulu.
If Netflix ever have a $40+ plan it will be like how you just described Hulu.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #50
Bad 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,816 | Props total: 10342 10342
I'll stick with my mob and dro if you know you know.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
+83online now  45
Image(s) inside Nice hot tea >>> coffee 🍵
35 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+74online now  41
Image(s) inside No Plastic Surgery
38 comments