There's a simple reason why your new smart TV was so affordable

most viewed right now
+73  150
47 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '08        #76
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,612 | Props total: 7016 7016
disconnect and turn off all network based features of the TV and use it strictly as a "monitor"

all you have to do then is connect your Apple TV or Amazon Fire device and you're set, no data collection from the TV itself since it won't have any network to connect to
+1   

1 month ago '06        #77
biggdogg40509 
space
space
$911 | Props total: 229 229
i so don't care about what info the govt or companies have on me.
I get it, people don't want big brother knowing their every move but if they wanna know they are gonna find out unless u living in Tora Bora or something...oh wait a minute

1 month ago '07        #78
Bighempin of QM 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 4715 4715
I just want the 4KHDR without all the apps! I just bought a 4k 50in and told my son don't use any apps on this sh*t!

1 month ago '05        #79
JayThunder 
space
space
$2,184 | Props total: 257 257
 Bighempin of QM said
I just want the 4KHDR without all the apps! I just bought a 4k 50in and told my son don't use any apps on this sh*t!
😂😂😂😂

Facts my guy them internal apps is already agreeded uponed piror to installation.

Fact is the best smart tvís are the android based ones I feel since you can mod?
+1   

1 month ago '04        #80
adthekidd 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,083 | Props total: 5804 5804
The simple solution is to not connect your wifi to the "smart tv's"
+1   

1 month ago '04        #81
SeanP 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,776 | Props total: 984 984
They say the larger your TV screen is... the dumber you are... Reason being you're probably spending more time watching it than enhancing your intelligence...

Reading books, physical exercise, and eating a healthy, balanced diet rich in Ďbrain foodsí are just a few ways to boost your brain!
+1   

1 month ago '16        #82
djbmp 
space
space
$1,791 | Props total: 3361 3361
 606robin said
TCL TVs probably record everything you say.
TCL is a Chinese corporation too
+1   

1 month ago '08        #83
606robin 28 heat pts28
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 5664 5664
 djbmp said
TCL is a Chinese corporation too
Yuppppa
+1   

1 month ago '07        #84
justblazedown3 
space
space
space
$997 | Props total: 965 965
 VictoryThagr8 said
who gives a sh*t. They get far more info from your mobile phone and pc anyway. what type of data they can really get from your tv that they havent gotten from your phone.
Actually they get more from your wifi router and any device its touches. Then they save the access points to monitor under your agreements terms. The TV wasnt for your pleasure it was so they could watch you!

1 month ago '09        #85
overbooked 
space
space
$199 | Props total: 226 226
The same reason Alexa type devices are so cheap

You are the fu*king product, shmucks.

*ai constantly listening*

PS love the people with 0 tech background trying to justify sh*t
+2   

1 month ago '04        #86
DJ Maximum|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$45,879 | Props total: 21732 21732
 adthekidd said
The simple solution is to not connect your wifi to the "smart tv's"
then how would u watch netflix?

1 month ago '16        #87
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,922 | Props total: 3616 3616
 VictoryThagr8 said
who gives a sh*t. They get far more info from your mobile phone and pc anyway. what type of data they can really get from your tv that they havent gotten from your phone.
It's all cool until they start recording convos in your house and blackmail your a*s with it. Dont put anything past a company that will sell your info the highest bidder. This is a MAJOR cause of concern for TVs built in other continents.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #88
BarackOmamba 20 heat pts20
space
space
$6,750 | Props total: 3965 3965
 tharealjumpman said
I remember reading 1984 as a kid and thinking that whole concept was so far fetched...
n*gga was reading in 1984?

You about a smoove 45 on BX ain't cha playa?

1 month ago '04        #89
Peter Starksô 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,334 | Props total: 347 347
aint no such thing as privacy.
its the price of convenience.

who gives a fu*k

1 month ago '11        #90
tharealjumpman 5 heat pts
space
space
$618 | Props total: 465 465
 BarackOmamba said
n*gga was reading in 1984?

You about a smoove 45 on BX ain't cha playa?
I didnít mean to slap.. but just FYI the title of the book is 1984.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #91
D1nOnlyMrM@ 46 heat pts46
space
space
$13,822 | Props total: 3519 3519
This is why I decided to not ingratiate my television set with intelligence. I got that 32 in from Walmart for 120 like 3 years ago. It still works and is big enough. My eyes are good. fu*k I look like spending on something I dont need? 9d rather eat good than see things even bigger.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #92
TheDirector217 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,631 | Props total: 714 714
 tharealjumpman said
I remember reading 1984 as a kid and thinking that whole concept was so far fetched...
 VictoryThagr8 said
 THExTAKEOVER said
And it came so quicky and quietly that we now just sweep the sh*t under the rug.

We're living in a different time and don't even know it
And this, my BX brethren, is literally the fundamentals of Conditioning 101.

Just for the record, I agree with all of you, champ...
+2   

1 month ago '17        #93
THExTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$266 | Props total: 1032 1032
 TheDirector217 said
And this, my BX brethren, is literally the fundamentals of Conditioning 101.

Just for the record, I agree with all of you, champ...
I'm a programmer. I just convey what I see.

With that being said I suggest everyone get a strip of electrical tape and put it over your front facing cameras.

If ya know ya know...
+4   

1 month ago '05        #94
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,735 | Props total: 1063 1063
 focused313 said
I'd like to find out how much data is worth. Is it work different amounts depending on who is shopping. I'd like the inside look at it, from maybe 3-5 companies.
OK put it you this way. Blockchains are what Bitcoins are made of. Well Blockchains are encrypted data!!!!

1 month ago '05        #95
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,735 | Props total: 1063 1063
 606robin said
TCL TVs probably record everything you say.
Well Samsung admitted to it.

Folks you all need to realize that you don't have to connect a smart TV to the internet! For example I have a HTPC built by my own hands so there's no need to connect the TV to the internet.
+4   

1 month ago '15        #96
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$697 | Props total: 729 729
 flav said
disconnect and turn off all network based features of the TV and use it strictly as a "monitor"

all you have to do then is connect your Apple TV or Amazon Fire device and you're set, no data collection from the TV itself since it won't have any network to connect to
thats a great idea!

that way you only have amazon and/or apple (and netflix, hulu, microsoft, sony, facebook, google, twitter, instagram, comcast, verizon, etc....) collecting and selling your data!

everyone who is worried about this has absolutely no idea the amount of data they have about you and all the ways they collect it. go ahead and try to "disconnect" all you want. theyll getcha!

Last edited by abcxyz; 01-14-2019 at 11:54 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '08        #97
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 abcxyz said
thats a great idea!

that way you only have amazon and/or apple (and netflix, hulu, microsoft, sony, facebook, google, twitter, instagram, comcast, verizon, etc....) collecting and selling your data!

everyone who is worried about this has absolutely no idea the amount of data they have about you and all the ways they collect it. go ahead and try to "disconnect" all you want. theyll getcha!
Yeah cause i didnít put that in the equation right? I know that LOL
Iím speaking on LIMITING the process. These tvs are sold cheaply to collect your data in exchange. You can purchase them and turn off all embedded features so you donít take part of the expected exchange that was meant to justify the price

Even if you donít have a phone, your carís damn GPS logs your wereabouts. Even if you donít have any internet access nor GPS on your phone, your location is still logged by your cell phone provider.

In other words, TCL sells you their TVís for cheap so TCL collects your data.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #98
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$697 | Props total: 729 729
 flav said
Yeah cause i didnít put that in the equation right? I know that LOL
Iím speaking on LIMITING the process. These tvs are sold cheaply to collect your data in exchange. You can purchase them and turn off all embedded features so you donít take part of the expected exchange that was meant to justify the price

Even if you donít have a phone, your carís damn GPS logs your wereabouts. Even if you donít have any internet access nor GPS on your phone, your location is still logged by your cell phone provider.

In other words, TCL sells you their TVís for cheap so TCL collects your data.
oh noes

im not one of the tin foil hat wearers who care about that. collect all the data you want. i actually appreciate targeted and predictive advertising. sometimes it reminds me of sh*t i seen, want and maybe wasnt thinking about.

1 month ago '08        #99
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 abcxyz said
oh noes

im not one of the tin foil hat wearers who care about that. collect all the data you want. i actually appreciate targeted and predictive advertising. sometimes it reminds me of sh*t i seen, want and maybe wasnt thinking about.
Well to each his own lol

1 month ago '09        #100
Zaosyn 264 heat pts264
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 2910 2910
Anything more than a 42" is excessive imo. Those 65" TVs are for poor people to spend their income tax return on and feel like the king of their trailer park

Home      

most viewed right now
+25online now  33
Video inside Post the type of girl you like
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+57online now  23
Video inside Metal Gear Solid 2 was on some sh*t
77 comments
2 days ago