Do You Agree With Anthony Mackie About Hollywood?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
46 comments @sports
most viewed right now
68 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
32 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '05        #51
bqstudios 
space
space
Props total: 9152 9 K  Slaps total: 1833 1 K
 Kewop Decam said
Thereís people playing professional sports making millions that complain. Címon dawg... donít be dense and donít use personal anecdotes in discussions.
Cmon dawg, ya missing the point, Anthony mackie specifically can choose to not be in marvel movies if he feels so stronly about those type of movies sucking. Hes not a dam sports player that only knows how to play sports so he has to keep playing to support himself. Yeah anyone at any level can complain about anything, but hes sh*tting specifically on superhero movies, of which h'es been in many.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #52
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 54896 54 K  Slaps total: 39421 39 K
 only1nze said
He a real n*gga in Hollywood. He aint lost it yet. Cheers to him. I haven't been to the movies since Black Panther came out.
He was just tongue kissing and fu*king a man in his a*s on Black Mirror. Foh.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #53
milkdudz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1446 1 K  Slaps total: 977 977
 bqstudios said
I like anthony mackie but what the hell he complaining about? i didnt see him turning down those marvel checks.
You don't complain about work?

2 months ago '08        #54
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 20810 20 K  Slaps total: 1877 1 K
 bqstudios said
Cmon dawg, ya missing the point, Anthony mackie specifically can choose to not be in marvel movies if he feels so stronly about those type of movies sucking. Hes not a dam sports player that only knows how to play sports so he has to keep playing to support himself. Yeah anyone at any level can complain about anything, but hes sh*tting specifically on superhero movies, of which h'es been in many.
He never said marvel movies sucked. Youíre making up arguments that I wonít engage in

2 months ago '19        #55
Amarula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 7233 7 K  Slaps total: 6123 6 K
 only1nze said
He a real n*gga in Hollywood. He aint lost it yet. Cheers to him. I haven't been to the movies since Black Panther came out.
if you support black panther and not small indie flicks

you are part of the problem
+1   

2 months ago '17        #56
Ifeellikekobe 
space
space
Props total: 41573 41 K  Slaps total: 2606 2 K
One of the biggest problems is there's no way to stop a horrible big money movie. Hellboy or MIB international for example the powers that be knew those movies were gonnna be trash. They should have stopped production and went back to the drawing board. Nah...These movies studios have some many options to absorb big losses who cares if the movie is trash. Thats why there were only 1 or 2 blockbusters a year. Now these jackasses putting 3 or 4 per studio a year just to see which sticks.

2 months ago '18        #57
sysmbx 
space
space
Props total: 3352 3 K  Slaps total: 2690 2 K
Anthony Mackie

They payed you to makeout and fu*k another black male on Netflix for audiences globally

You have no morals

Shutup

2 months ago '16        #58
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1621 1 K  Slaps total: 689 689
 WHATEVERMAN said
I feel like this whole dialogue boils down to a critique of the method of distribution. There were copious facts dispensed in that video, but one point I think Anthony contradicted himself on was when he said they'd never make the Goonies now in 2019 right before explaining how Stranger Things is the Goonies. My point is that the kind of movies we grew up with are still getting made, they're just not necessarily coming from the big studios anymore and arent getting theatrical releases. Besides, theres only one major studio in Hollywood that makes nothing but tent poles and that's Disney.
I think wat he meant was that stranger things was just a copy of the Goonies, so studios will never make movies with new and original story nowadays, all they do is copy old hit movies, do remakes or sequels
+2   

2 months ago '06        #59
RESIDO 
space
space
Props total: 3423 3 K  Slaps total: 110 110
I understand what he's saying but these dudes don't know how to get behind a mic and hold their tongue. He's gonna end up sitting on the sidelines like Terrence Howard watching somebody else get that Marvel check.

2 months ago '18        #60
Sick Flair 
space
space
Props total: 4613 4 K  Slaps total: 358 358
 EZ Green said
... So there will be 2 studios? If you don't see that as an issue. You will
Why do you think there will only be two studios? Which one/ones do you think will go away?

2 months ago '07        #61
sleep23rd 
space
space
Props total: 8773 8 K  Slaps total: 3203 3 K
 YAYO101 said

He is right, I guess because he said it so eloquently but also he is apart of the MCU, people did not have a problem with this comment but it is no different than what Martin Scorsese, Jodie Foster and a few others have said about the MCU and was attacked by the Geeks
white ppl gonna be the only ones that have a problem with what he said
+2   

2 months ago '17        #62
Imissmalcolmx17 
space
space
Props total: 8632 8 K  Slaps total: 2521 2 K
 ItsThatEasy said
Lol you felt this way when he was making out with a n*gga on Black Mirror?

Nothing real n*gga about that IMO.
Heís an actor. Itís an acting job that HE chose. fu*k who approves it.

2 months ago '18        #63
ItsThatEasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 13489 13 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
 Imissmalcolmx17 said
He’s an actor. It’s an acting job that HE chose. fu*k who approves it.
You're 100% right, he chose to make out with another n*gga.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #64
ItsThatEasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 13489 13 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
 ItsThatEasy said
Lol you felt this way when he was making out with a n*gga on Black Mirror?

Nothing real n*gga about that IMO.
Everybody who slapped this post clearly had a nerve struck lol if you liked the episode that's cool, you're just into gay sh*t.

Embrace it.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #65
Tikyle2 
space
space
Props total: 3221 3 K  Slaps total: 569 569
 jewelz1132 said
I don't think it's that deep.. I think it's more about what you see in the actual theater. Netflix and other streaming services still make all kinds of movies, but it's more about what you're willing to go see at the theater vs watching at home. Hollywood has to adapt to that or even get ahead of what the next thing is going to be vs being on some "back in my day" sh*t.

I'll go see superhero and action sh*t most times that it drops, but psychological thrillers and crime related stuff (which I prefer), I rather watch at the house. It's a different experience now. I used to watch everything at the movies because I wanted to see it on a big screen. I got a big a*s tv at home.. Most people do now.
You got a point, but if all movies dropped in the movies and on some streaming site at the same time do you think movie theatres would survive?

I think people go see superhero movies because it's the popular thing now and they aren't willing to wait 6 months until that sh*t is streaming or in a Red Box. Movie going is an experience. It's like a sporting event and watching live vs watching it in your living room. The problem is, which is the same with sports, the living room experience has caught up with or passed the live experience in most peoples opinions. But there is nothing like being a part of a crowd watching something collectively and reacting. That feeling cannot be replicated my opinion.

2 months ago '13        #66
EZ Green 
space
space
Props total: 43932 43 K  Slaps total: 5988 5 K
 Sick Flair said
Why do you think there will only be two studios? Which one/ones do you think will go away?
We'll have to wait and see.

2 months ago '04        #67
Ace2125 
space
space
Props total: 2275 2 K  Slaps total: 380 380
That's why I respect Jordan Peele who not afraid to take chances and make good movies he would want to see.

2 months ago '12        #68
kiddalex 
space
space
Props total: 14471 14 K  Slaps total: 1266 1 K
sh*t is commentary for the smart dumb folks out there , there's every kind of movie under the sun being made still. Most of them don't get released and have huge theatrical runs cause the time of people going to the movies weekly is done.

Time moves on and streaming services made it so people can see any movie in 10 seconds on their device , so yeah , the routine of being a cinema goer regularly is dead.

Now going to the movies is an event for you and your friends and your family a couple times a year for thrill ride type movies like Avengers or kids cartoons.

Technology forced movies to the small screen , it is what is Falcon.

IF you are watching nothing but big budget trash now its on you not Hollywood cause all kindsa movies are still being made regularly.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #69
Sick Flair 
space
space
 EZ Green said
We'll have to wait and see.
Well that not an answer to the question Bruv but I donít think any studio will be going anywhere. In fact I think you go from five to at least seven, possibly eight majors in the next ten - fifteen years.

2 months ago '17        #70
KINGMFCOLD 
space
space
Props total: 1990 1 K  Slaps total: 349 349
 bqstudios said
sure, anyone can, just saying, he was getting paid good , and if he feel that strongly go do some artsy movies and stand behind what you saying, dont just keep making the movies you complaining about
So he's just not supposed to get those checks then? Gotcha

2 months ago '18        #71
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13918 13 K  Slaps total: 1493 1 K
I like Mackie but he can't really act that well and also Hollyweird is gonna make him pay for speaking out like this.

2 months ago '13        #72
EZ Green 
space
space
Props total: 43932 43 K  Slaps total: 5988 5 K
 Sick Flair said
Well that not an answer to the question Bruv but I don’t think any studio will be going anywhere. In fact I think you go from five to at least seven, possibly eight majors in the next ten - fifteen years.
My point is this. And so is Anthony's if you read between the lines. Hollywood creativity is nonexistent. Everything is agenda driven or a money grab . There are no new movie heros(Stallone, van Damme, snipes etc) , iconic movie series(lethal weapon, Indiana Jones etc) and horror icons( Jason, Freddy etc), and dope black films(the best man, brown sugar etc). There aren't even really any innovative directors anymore. Spike Lee, scorcese, Lucas, Spielberg are old. Who's pushing the boundaries, who is even that next director thats wowing audiences with originality? Hollywood is unoriginal and watered down, shiny colors, agendas and explosions, it's trash, NO SOUL. Sure you can bring up streaming services, but they're in the business of competing with the major studios. Look at Netflix, they're next movie is a Micheal bay blockbuster with deadpool. That tells you thier direction right there. Hollywood Art is dead. It's alive overseas tho

2 months ago '18        #73
Sick Flair 
space
space
 EZ Green said
My point is this. And so is Anthony's if you read between the lines. Hollywood creativity is nonexistent. Everything is agenda driven or a money grab . There are no new movie heros(Stallone, van Damme, snipes etc) , iconic movie series(lethal weapon, Indiana Jones etc) and horror icons( Jason, Freddy etc), and dope black films(the best man, brown sugar etc). There aren't even really any innovative directors anymore. Spike Lee, scorcese, Lucas, Spielberg are old. Who's pushing the boundaries, who is even that next director thats wowing audiences with originality? Hollywood is unoriginal and watered down, shiny colors, agendas and explosions, it's trash, NO SOUL. Sure you can bring up streaming services, but they're in the business of competing with the major studios. Look at Netflix, they're next movie is a Micheal bay blockbuster with deadpool. That tells you thier direction right there. Hollywood Art is dead. It's alive overseas tho
I donít disagree with your thinking so much as I do your understanding. Hollywood has never really been the most creative when it comes to finding and developing talent, as much as they have been at capitalizing and providing a bigger sandbox to play in. Thatís why you have to watch the indie sh*t.

Dope black films like Last Black Man In San Francisco, new directors like Coogler, and Shaka King. Actors like MBJ and Johnathan Majors are next in line for the hot acting roles. The creativity is there, itís just being suppressed by the system. Think about this sh*t as an economic upswing but sooner or later the superhero bubble will burst and they will have to get more conservative with spending. When that happens you get the more creative films because you canít throw a 100mil at it.

The sh*ts not dying though my guy this sh*t happens about every 20-30 years and then thereís a rebirth. See new Hollywood film brats(70ís). The new black exploitation(90ís) even the Hero film now is a change, everyone said the cinema was dying and people donít go to movies anymore, then n*ggas found a way to do billion dollar films. Now is just a time where one thing is king but for every marvel film thereís a small indie being written with heart. They come out and most people are too lazy to go and see them or search them out. More folks go see Madea than Last Black Man or Sorry to Bother you. But the audience will mature and want something different at some point. Weíre just on another transition.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #74
GLADHEATER 
space
space
Props total: 346 346  Slaps total: 63 63
One thing he didnt complain about was that HOLLYWOOD CHECK! Miss me with that sh*t.. If you wanna be a star all by your self you have the choice of the role he plays!!! Go and do indifilms

2 months ago '10        #75
BIGthingsSON2 
space
space
Props total: 9490 9 K  Slaps total: 1285 1 K
Last movie i seen was black panther. Everything he says is true. The movie business is dying
Corporations finally got their hands on the game. U dont even need a poppin actor, just great cgi

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Feb 19 - groupon tanks 44%
28 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+78online now  16
We have to stop glorifying this evil music