Is Johnny Dang a culture vulture

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Is Johnny Dang a culture vulture?
Yea he a good natured dude looking out for niggas 30 31.91%
Nah he dgaf he tryna get paid 64 68.09%
Voters: 94.   (BX member poll)

2 months ago '19        #51
BigBossFredo 
space
space
Props total: 802 802  Slaps total: 186 186
You'll n*ggas are confused.. acting like little soft bi*ches.... turning this sh*t into race war zone... Stop acting like those CNN bi*ches... n*ggas tryna get money

Raping, acting, making different moves... basically hustling...
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '07        #52
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
space
space
Props total: 127310 127 K  Slaps total: 13199 13 K
 Cutty Olds said
Then my man, you don’t apparently listen to Ben Baller!
Ben always on some hatin' shyt to me So nah I dont...

+4   

2 months ago '13        #53
Beatorious 
space
space
Props total: 13844 13 K  Slaps total: 1015 1 K
In that case everyone selling things to rappers are culture vultures.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #54
The Gary Group  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66 OP
space
space
Props total: 63658 63 K  Slaps total: 8460 8 K
 Goosie McNeen said
U know how long Johnny been in the business?
I do not. That's why I'm asking.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #55
Merk 
space
space
Props total: 459 459  Slaps total: 81 81
wait what

swavesurfer said
Racist Asians ain't getting my money

You don't see blacks making money
Off Asian or Hispanic culture

Dame dash was right when he said how other groups use black culture
Cause they can't make money off their own

TV JOHNNY CAN
GTFOH

Last edited by Merk; 01-03-2020 at 11:54 AM..

2 months ago '17        #56
space
space
 Banks36 said
Whack thread. Question in poll "is he a culture vulture?"

Options are YES , he's looking out for people.

And NO, he tryna get paid.

It's a business so of course he gonna be doing both. Which is why his brand is so highly valued and respected.

A Rolex and a Movado tell the same time.
The question in the poll is based off motive not principle. Of course he's tryna get paid by hustling his brand, but is he doing it more for the bread by compromising his brand by overcharging for lab diamonds or for genuinely his admiration for our culture by putting quality work on the street for our appreciation. Just a question my good man

2 months ago '17        #57
space
space
 skillahmang said
Vulturish Thread

2 months ago '07        #58
Daville502 
space
space
Props total: 4437 4 K  Slaps total: 262 262
Dude aint forcing no one to come to him. n*ggas dont want to make the jewlery they rather give it to the maker.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #59
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 25335 25 K  Slaps total: 9109 9 K
 DRAGONFLY JONES said
U that type n*gga..mad because a n*gga won't give u his plug n wholesale price to maintain his business..instead of finding and building your own..so u go try to beat and rob him

Nah I ain't that type. I'm the type that dnt like outsiders coming into my community taking riches from my people. They wnt allow it in theirs but will do it in yours. Just like that china mac interview where homie says chinese gangs could sell their products in black neighborhoods but not in their own. These rappers keep giving bread to homie. fu*k him let him get his money elsewhere. How many black people did he have employed in the back testing diamonds?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #60
richmoneycash 
space
space
Props total: 9090 9 K  Slaps total: 602 602
 Oswaldgatesjr said
There are no black jewelers

Nah bro that's a lie, Crime outta Houston being been in the game a long a*s time too just like Johnny like 25 years atleast.

Kodak, Ralo, Moneybagg Yo, PeeWee longway, Bizzy Bone, PnB rock, Southside, Master P, Ray J and more all got grills by Crime.

Lil Flip too

And I throw money at my shows
I can do that
Crime do my platinums Johnny(king johnny btw)do my golds
I can do that
+3   

2 months ago '18        #61
KdenIII 
space
space
Props total: 17761 17 K  Slaps total: 2570 2 K
some of u fools just wake up thinking about what to hate on next.
+4   

2 months ago '06        #62
tonygunz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1709 1 K  Slaps total: 78 78
 Commission said
They piece hitting but you have to go downstairs they have 2 floors

Downstairs is where they have the iced out hitting pieces

Upstairs is like a flea market... CZ & Crystals

Post your joint you got from them
Oh na, I thought you meant that they were juxing people and selling fake stuff and advertising it as being real diamonds. Most jewelry spots that cater to hip hop/urban folks have inventory with cz’s, silver, etc. The piece if have is solid 14k and vs-si diamonds. This pic doesn’t do it justice.

+5   

2 months ago '10        #63
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 35487 35 K  Slaps total: 4873 4 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Where do most diamonds come from?? Africa right? So it is our culture.
Most diamonds come from Russia. They have some of the world's biggest mines there. Check out a Russian company called ALROSA. They are the biggest diamond seller in the world.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #64
tonygunz 
space
space
space
 Bandito said
Most diamonds come from Russia. They have some of the world's biggest mines there. Check out a Russian company called ALROSA. They are the biggest diamond seller in the world.
Not quite true. Most diamonds do not come from Russia. As a country, they produce more than any other country, but as a continent, the countries in Africa produce more diamonds than anywhere else in the world.
+3   

2 months ago '19        #65
swavesurfer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 4012 4 K  Slaps total: 2013 2 K
 Merk said
wait what

2 months ago '11        #66
DRAGONFLY JONES 
space
space
Props total: 6346 6 K  Slaps total: 309 309
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Nah I ain't that type. I'm the type that dnt like outsiders coming into my community taking riches from my people. They wnt allow it in theirs but will do it in yours. Just like that china mac interview where homie says chinese gangs could sell their products in black neighborhoods but not in their own. These rappers keep giving bread to homie. fu*k him let him get his money elsewhere. How many black people did he have employed in the back testing diamonds?
I don't like it either but we give them that opportunity..At the end of the day WE allow that and WE give him the money..he ain't put a gun to nobody head.. it's enough knowledge and schooling to get into that business if n*ggas have the drive and determination to save the money to start the Sht with ..but n*ggas go buy cars clothes n jewelry to impress n fu*k hoes..you can capitolise of off them if you create something they consume or desire ..problem is WE don't think that way ..we get money first thing we do is figure out ways to spend it..that what the government want ..WE have to change it.. can't be mad at him ..OUR Own ppl are to blame
+1   

2 months ago '13        #67
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1566 1 K  Slaps total: 1098 1 K
hes w/ Dylan

2 months ago '18        #68
dacoolestg 
space
space
Props total: 2927 2 K  Slaps total: 335 335
why is this even a thread? if thats the case than avianne and all the jewelers that aint black are culture vultures. theres no famous black jewelers so of course these materialistic rappers gonna spend their money with others that do? the gary group you my guy but this thread ain't it bro
+2   

2 months ago '07        #69
chi100z 
space
space
Props total: 925 925  Slaps total: 694 694
Whoever voted yes is clearly out of touch with how involved Johnny really is....and also likely a racist. But none of that matters cause Johnny doesnít need your approval
+1   

2 months ago '13        #70
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 63833 63 K  Slaps total: 10996 10 K
 tonygunz said
Oh na, I thought you meant that they were juxing people and selling fake stuff and advertising it as being real diamonds. Most jewelry spots that cater to hip hop/urban folks have inventory with czís, silver, etc. The piece if have is solid 14k and vs-si diamonds. This pic doesnít do it justice.

Whatís the MM on Cuban and length???
+1   

2 months ago '06        #71
tonygunz 
space
space
space
 Commission said
Whatís the MM on Cuban and length???
7mm 22"
+1   

2 months ago '13        #72
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 63833 63 K  Slaps total: 10996 10 K
 tonygunz said
7mm 22"
Iím looking into buying a

9 or 11mm
22 or 24Ē

2 months ago '16        #73
BxCastro 
space
space
Props total: 15516 15 K  Slaps total: 2347 2 K
yeah he is but he really isn't.

I wonder if these n*ggaz know how stupid they gonna look in they 60s with permanent grills. No Homo but your breath can't smell good after a few years having a permanent grill in.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #74
tonygunz 
space
space
space
 Commission said
Iím looking into buying a

9 or 11mm
22 or 24Ē
Word. Depends on the style you're going for. For my taste, a 9mm would work at either length, but for the 11mm I think I'd go for the 24. If you plan on throwing a pendant on, again I think either would work, but if you plan on going with just a single chain, I'd do the 11mm.

I shopped around quite a bit. There are plenty of jewelers that make quality links like Daniel's, Reys Gold and Cash, Liry's, VIP jewelers. Just shop around and see who gives you the best quote. For 14k, if you can stay in the low $30s per gram, you'll be good to go. Good luck in your shopping.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #75
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 25335 25 K  Slaps total: 9109 9 K
 DRAGONFLY JONES said
I don't like it either but we give them that opportunity..At the end of the day WE allow that and WE give him the money..he ain't put a gun to nobody head.. it's enough knowledge and schooling to get into that business if n*ggas have the drive and determination to save the money to start the Sht with ..but n*ggas go buy cars clothes n jewelry to impress n fu*k hoes..you can capitolise of off them if you create something they consume or desire ..problem is WE don't think that way ..we get money first thing we do is figure out ways to spend it..that what the government want ..WE have to change it.. can't be mad at him ..OUR Own ppl are to blame

I agree to what u saying but they wont allow a black man to be a huge jeweler is what I'm saying.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Fredo Bang: "I Fxxked His Baby Mama And I Loved It"
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  28
Image(s) inside WE WAS WOLVES (twitter thread)
74 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-32online now  23
Feb 27 - The male nanny who took care of Dwade sons for a decade
149 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+39online now  17
Video inside Boskoe100: "La gangs kill other Blacks but Talk it out wit Mexicans)
198 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy