The brutal and horrific lynching of Mary Turner and her baby in 1918

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

3 weeks ago '19        #1
1689 page views
81 comments

Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 15185 15 K  Slaps total: 5156 5 K
The brutal and horrific lynching of Mary Turner and her baby in 1918

In May of 1918, Hampton Smith, a 31 year old White plantation owner in Brooks County, Georgia was shot and k*lled by one of his Black workers named Sydney Johnson. Hampton Smith was known for abusing and beating his workers to the point few people in the area would work for him. To solve this labor shortage, Smith turned to the debt peonage system of the day and found a ready labor pool. He used that system by bailing people out of jail, people typically arrested for petty offenses, and having them work off their debt (the bail money) to him on his plantation. Nineteen year old Sydney Johnson, arrested for "rolling dice" and fined thirty dollars, was one such unfortunate person.

After a few days of work on Smith's plantation, and shortly after being refused his earned wages and beaten by Smith for not working while he was sick, Sidney Johnson shot and k*lled Hampton Smith. What ensued after the shooting was a mob driven manhunt for Johnson and others thought to be involved in his decision to k*ll Hampton Smith. That manhunt lasted for more than a week and resulted in the deaths of at least 13 people with some historical accounts suggesting a higher number of persons k*lled. One of the people k*lled was a woman named Mary Turner.

Thirty three year-old Mary Turner (m.n. Hattie Graham), 8 months pregnant at the time and whose husband had been k*lled in this "lynching rampage" on Sunday, May 19th, publicly objected to her husband's murder. She also had the audacity to threaten to swear out warrants for those responsible. Those "unwise remarks," as the area papers put it, enraged locals. Consequently, Mary Turner fled for her life only to be caught and taken to a place called Folsom's Bridge on the Brooks and Lowndes Counties' shared border.According to investigator Walter F. White of the NAACP, Mary Turner was tied and hung upside down by the ankles, her clothes soaked with gasoline, and burned from her body. Her belly was slit open with a knife like those used "in splitting hogs."Her "unborn babe" fell to the ground and gave "two feeble cries."Its head was crushed by a member of the mob with his heel, and the crowd shot hundreds of bullets into Turner's body. Mary Turner was cut down and buried with her child near the tree, with a whiskey bottle marking the grave. The Atlanta Constitution published an article with the subheadline: "Fury of the People Is Unrestrained

Three days after the murder of Mary Turner and her baby, three more bodies were found in the area and Sydney Johnson was k*lled in a shoot out with police on South Troup Street in Valdosta, Georgia. Once k*lled, the crowd of more than 700 people cut off his genitals and threw them into the street. A rope was then tied to his neck and his body was drug for nearly 20 miles to Campground Church in Morven, Georgia, 16 miles away. There, what remained of his body was burned. During and shortly after this chain of events it is reported that more than 500 people fled Lowndes and Brooks Counties in fear for their lives.

visit this link https://en.wikipedia.org/ .. 1918_lynchings
Sick sh*t image
@kiss0fdeath @Avon_Barksdale @Bilal @Proffesor X @Capodecina @No Religion

Last edited by Free my soul; 06-01-2021 at 05:27 PM..
+28   

best
worst
81 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151320 151 K  Slaps total: 16209 16 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Demons.
+39   

3 weeks ago '17        #3
Petieparker 
Props total: 19531 19 K  Slaps total: 1809 1 K
Why I don’t love this country and why I would never identify as a proudly American. No words to describe these savages who lived full lives and gave birth to racist sadistic mothafu*kas walking around to this day.
+47   

3 weeks ago '05        #4
16jan87 
Props total: 1503 1 K  Slaps total: 168 168
Saddest and most tragic thing I have read In a very very long time. The part of them cutting her unborn child from her stomach and stepping on its head crushing it is just absolutely horrible
+28   

3 weeks ago '08        #5
YOURKINGB4EVER 
Props total: 24691 24 K  Slaps total: 898 898
Worst plague in the history of mankind..
+21   

3 weeks ago '15        #6
se15tips 
Props total: 15029 15 K  Slaps total: 659 659
Crushings it's head... scum, fu*king scum
+8   

3 weeks ago '05        #7
Gully Reloaded 
Props total: 10114 10 K  Slaps total: 2010 2 K
Proof that there is no "God"
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #8
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26373 26 K  Slaps total: 1924 1 K
You cannot question that we are living amongst devils. This evil has destroyed everything on this planet. It must be stopped.
+17   

3 weeks ago '16        #9
Dino87 
Props total: 2424 2 K  Slaps total: 1113 1 K
what color were they.....

Your fellow citizens of your demographic done the damage so long, that your fragility is a weapon.

Reparations and a black agenda now
+13   

3 weeks ago '10        #10
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 103528 103 K  Slaps total: 11497 11 K
black babies were fed to alligators

+16   

3 weeks ago '20        #11
adak31 
Props total: 10657 10 K  Slaps total: 360 360
This is America always has been always will be. This country was built in the blood of the innocent and America’s day of reckoning is soon upon those responsible

+16   

3 weeks ago '13        #12
FNLNGKG 
Props total: 15197 15 K  Slaps total: 1320 1 K
Why tf I read this sh*t...

Smmfh...
+6   

3 weeks ago '18        #13
milkdudz 
Props total: 3120 3 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
For all those that don't believe in God must believe that these murderes and mobsters got to live out there full lives and got away scotch free
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
jsmooth-117 
Props total: 37952 37 K  Slaps total: 3805 3 K
 trill jackson said
black babies were fed to alligators

fu*k outta here B. And fu*k you for showing me this.

This fu*kery ruined my evening.

+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #15
FlyinIron 
Props total: 38153 38 K  Slaps total: 3283 3 K

+8   

3 weeks ago '15        #16
Kehinde 
Props total: 5012 5 K  Slaps total: 1845 1 K
Coward a*s devils, Lowndes County is the same place where Kendrick Johnson was murdered, they're the same today as they were yesterday, fu*k em...they all can burn in the pit they came from.
+13   

3 weeks ago '05        #17
Gully Reloaded 
 milkdudz said
For all those that don't believe in God must believe that these murderes and mobsters got to live out there full lives and got away scotch free
Most likely. And even if not them, plenty of evil has gone and currently goes unpunished because there is no magical fairy tale that will punish all evildoers and reward the good folks.

Although I understand the comfort it gives people, however false and misleading it may be. It's fake. It comforts people to think, "Oh it's okay.. they're in Heaven now" instead of knowing that black folk were relentlessly tortured, mutilated, and k*lled on a daily basis. Meanwhile the transgressors got to live out their full lives with impunity.

It just makes people feel better and less helpless and bothered by the evils of humanity. Does nothing to the reality of it all though.

Just something to make y'all feel better inside.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #18
BigP 
Props total: 2708 2 K  Slaps total: 616 616
This is why u can never trust white they are beyond evil. Creatures
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #19
milkdudz 
Props total: 3120 3 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
 Gully Reloaded said
Most likely. And even if not them, plenty of evil has gone and currently goes unpunished because there is no magical fairy tale that will punish all evildoers and reward the good folks.

Although I understand the comfort it gives people, however false and misleading it may be. It's fake. It comforts people to think, "Oh it's okay.. they're in Heaven now" instead of knowing that black folk were relentlessly tortured, mutilated, and k*lled on a daily basis. Meanwhile the transgressors got to live out their full lives with impunity.

It just makes people feel better and less helpless and bothered by the evils of humanity. Does nothing to the reality of it all though.

Just something to make y'all feel better inside.
So what do you believe in? If nothing.... Than you're a hopeless individual with no moral, that is capable of doing anything and can't be trusted...

3 weeks ago '05        #20
Gully Reloaded 
 milkdudz said
So what do you believe in? If nothing.... Than you're a hopeless individual with no moral, that is capable of doing anything and can't be trusted...
Blah blah blah okay my guy lol.

Do you know how many SOUTHERN slave owners, including the racist pieces sh*t discussed here, were CHRISTIAN???? I'm gonna say 100%. Praised God on Sunday and then went to lynch Mary Turner on Monday.

If Space Jesus turns out to be real and I'm called up for judgment, I'm putting hands on this n*gga for all the fu*ked up sh*t he let happen to black men, women, children, and babies because clearly this n*gga doesn't give a fu*k.
+10   

3 weeks ago '18        #21
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25995 25 K  Slaps total: 1961 1 K
If we were as savage as they portray us the get back would be unrelenting. They're lucky we aren't as ruthless as they have been.
+10   

3 weeks ago '21        #22
DTSelfKing 
Props total: 67 67  Slaps total: 5 5
Few will agree, but this and many more is the reason why 'n*gga' will never leave my lips. 27 y.o now, been saying it all my dumbass life, but that word cannot be reclaimed and fu*k checking if someone has black in their ancestry before you 'let them say the word' ... this world gonna be too mixed for and someone gon need a full time job to verify that sh*t. Best to let that word die

This country aint sh*t, honor one another but that word just ain't it. Go to Africa, they are brothers to one another, and that not this 'n*gga' nonsense. Stay woke my people!
+5   

3 weeks ago '05        #23
rashcobar 
Props total: 13476 13 K  Slaps total: 2409 2 K
 16jan87 said
Saddest and most tragic thing I have read In a very very long time. The part of them cutting her unborn child from her stomach and stepping on its head crushing it is just absolutely horrible
Americans and euros had a history of doing that. West indies were originally breaker Islands where black people were taught to fear whites. Children would be forced to watch what happened to her on a regular basis.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #24
Dash 
Props total: 84948 84 K  Slaps total: 6400 6 K
Imagine the things we don't know and haven't heard about.

Never heard this story before. Heart breaking.

Not even sure what to say ....
+6   

3 weeks ago '09        #25
slayer2020 
Props total: 4990 4 K  Slaps total: 1425 1 K
Sadly. These devils did worse. Can you believe it? This is why it is nearly impossible to consider the Constitution a valid/legitimate contract. Impossible.
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
74 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-64online now  13
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
158 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+78online now  12
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
325 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy