Stacey Dash On The Cover Of Heart & Soul Magazine

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section thotties

10 years ago '08        #1
5793 page views
64 comments

flix02  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5034 5 K  Slaps total: 315 315
Stacey Dash On The Cover Of Heart & Soul Magazine

3 Marriages, 6 Engagements and 2 Kids; Sounds like a train wreck and a lot of baggage on paper but itís actually the story of Stacey Dashís life. The 45 year old actress recently sat down with Heart & Soul Magazine and discussed her upcoming role on VH1′s new scripted show ďSingle LadiesĒ. She also discussed her background (her mother is Mexican, Father Is from Barbados), how she finds happiness and what sheís learned from past relationships.

She seems to be in a great space in her life. Check out a few excerpts below:

On having s*x with all three of her husbands on the 1st night and not being single since 17
A lot of it was me needing a man to define me. Iím finally at a point where I want to define myself.

What part of your life today carries with it lessons for other women?
The most important thing is knowing yourself and loving yourself and loving yourself by you, not by anyone else. What Iíve realized after being married so many times is that I donít need a man to be happy. That has been my greatest lesson and thatís why I try to teach my children-to love themselves. They donít need someone elseís approval or definition. They can do that themselves.

I was looking for love. I was looking for someone to love me in order fro me to love myself. Thatís why my choices never resonated with who I was, because I didnít know who I was.

On Posing for ďPlayboyĒ at age 40
I felt very proud of my body, and it was a very liberating experience. The photographer captured me in a beautiful way. Iím very proud of those pictures.

Do you see yourself as a beautiful woman?
Of course, I see my physical self and I take care of myself and I do everything that I can to live a healthy life. When I look in the mirror, I look at that. Am I healthy? Do I feel good? How does my heart feel today? How does my spirit feel today? Thatís not to say that I donít put on my makeup or blow-dry my hair (laughs). I do do those things, but those are not the things that make me feel beautiful.

So what makes you feel beautiful?
When Iím being my best self and Iím giving my best self to those around me. If Iím experiencing love in my life with my children, with my family and with my friends, thatís what makes me feel beautiful. Beauty is something that will come and go. It wonít last.

But donít you get a lot of positive feedback based on how you look? How has that played out in your life?
Yes, but thatís never been enough. The most important thing is when I look at myself in the mirror, what do I see? That has been my journey and thatís something that I work on every single day, and I think every woman has to work on it, whether someone thinks theyíre physically beautiful or not.

But beauty does not have its advantages in the way that people respond to you and treat you.
I donít think in those terms. I really donít. I donít walk into a room and think, Iím beautiful; I have an advantage. I also donít walk into a room and think that Iím not as beautiful; Iím at a disadvantage. I donít think anyone should ever do that and if they do, they should work on it. That should not be an advantage or disadvantage. It should be about who you are inside and what you have to give to the world.

What has it been like transitioning to single parenthood?
Iíve been a single mother for 20 years. Iíve been married three times so it wasnít that much of a transition for me. The biggest transition this time after my third divorce was understanding and knowing that I did not need a man to be Stacey, to love Stacey and to feel good about Stacey. And to take care of my children. I did not need a man for that. That I already knew, because Iíve been taking care of my son for 20 years. Your children watch you and they see your strength and your weaknesses, and itís important that they understand that youíre a work in progress as well.

Would you get married again?
Absolutely. Iíve been engaged six times, married three and I still believe itís possible.
+5   

best
worst
64 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+77online now  20
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
283 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  17
Video inside 25 cents tonight???
242 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  16
Why I think Rory And Mal Left The Joe Budden Podcast
95 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Streamer shows what happens when she takes off her bio synthetic suit
27 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy