All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Yall remember Emma from Degrassi?
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 58
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Man arrested because he had $324K that smelled like cocaine, ..
30 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 57
BOX Mike Tyson's 5 best knockouts with 1 punch
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
NBA Bron is done with Gilbert because....
127 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 7 months ago '12        #3421
Fresh.E 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$17,403 | Props total: 4634 4634
 Rique said:
How much are you looking to invest?
Say I start with just $20 for now. In between pay periods. I want to do just a low risk for now since I'm starting out
j_k1dd gave props
 
 7 months ago '06        #3422
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$39,097 | Props total: 15456 15456
 Fresh.E said:
Say I start with just $20 for now. In between pay periods. I want to do just a low risk for now since I'm starting out
I wouldnt invest anything less than a few 100 to be honest. Im not big on promoting penny stocks.
j_k1dd gave props
 
 7 months ago '12        #3423
Fresh.E 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$17,403 | Props total: 4634 4634
 Rique said:
I wouldnt invest anything less than a few 100 to be honest. Im not big on promoting penny stocks.
Ahh

Im scared to invest like that. Might just do it though
 7 months ago '06        #3424
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$39,097 | Props total: 15456 15456
 Fresh.E said:
Ahh

Im scared to invest like that. Might just do it though
Its worth it if you want to grow your money long term
 7 months ago '10        #3425
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$666 | Props total: 240 240
Going to get into this. I was granted 500 company shares vested at 29 per share currently at 35ish now. I can only have about 1/4 of that though right now.

Thinking about exercising that 1/4 and putting it back into the market
Rique gave props
 
 7 months ago '06        #3426
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$39,097 | Props total: 15456 15456
 reppinI85 said:
Going to get into this. I was granted 500 company shares vested at 29 per share currently at 35ish now. I can only have about 1/4 of that though right now.

Thinking about exercising that 1/4 and putting it back into the market
Which company
 7 months ago '10        #3427
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$666 | Props total: 240 240
 Rique said:
Which company
Going to PM you
Rique gave props
 
 7 months ago '07        #3428
dionedre3000 
space
avatar space
space
$8,600 | Props total: 435 435
Does anybody invest with a Optum HSA account?
 7 months ago '05        #3429
BIG DIGGIDY 
space
space
space
$67 | Props total: 1 1
Im trying to get into the stock market scene ill be setting up a charles schwab account not sure which type of account i need
Rique gave props
 
 7 months ago '09        #3430
autotm 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 398 398
 BIG DIGGIDY said:
Im trying to get into the stock market scene ill be setting up a charles schwab account not sure which type of account i need
A brokerage account is typically what you would want for regular trading. I have a brokerage, roth ira and checcking account with schwab
Rique and 1 others gave props
 
 7 months ago '06        #3431
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$39,097 | Props total: 15456 15456
Rip under armour
 6 months ago '09        #3432
autotm 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 398 398
 Rique said:
Rip under armour
I see a buying opportunity in the future
 6 months ago '16        #3433
Ravishing 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$2,507 | Props total: 4535 4535
Serious question, why is Robinhood frowned upon? I know in the past that people stated that it was late to update stock prices but are there any other cons?
 6 months ago '04        #3434
SiXkIlS 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 889 889
 Ravishing said:
Serious question, why is Robinhood frowned upon? I know in the past that people stated that it was late to update stock prices but are there any other cons?
I like Robin Hood, it just more of long trading/investing tool for me on the go. If you're looking at making money by daily trading, and shorting stocks forget about it. It doesn't have the shorting option. Also loading up an app, setting a sale, as simple and quick as it may seem, in the real market prices could've dropped a lot.

PROS: no minimum balance, and no trade fees. If you buy a stock that will show improvement within 2 days or more, it's pretty good for that purpose.

CONS: Can't really make daily living off it as using e trade, scott trade, etc
Ravishing gave props
 
 6 months ago '16        #3435
Ravishing 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$2,507 | Props total: 4535 4535
 SiXkIlS said:
I like Robin Hood, it just more of long trading/investing tool for me on the go. If you're looking at making money by daily trading, and shorting stocks forget about it. It doesn't have the shorting option. Also loading up an app, setting a sale, as simple and quick as it may seem, in the real market prices could've dropped a lot.

PROS: no minimum balance, and no trade fees. If you buy a stock that will show improvement within 2 days or more, it's pretty good for that purpose.

CONS: Can't really make daily living off it as using e trade, scott trade, etc
Wow, thanks for the breakdown. I'm currently looking at longterm investments.
SiXkIlS gave props
 
 6 months ago '04        #3436
SiXkIlS 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 889 889
 Ravishing said:
Wow, thanks for the breakdown. I'm currently looking at longterm investments.
I think it's great for you then cause it enables you to add towards a stock you find stability in, and also see a future in. You find a stock for example that's let's say $10. You can invest every other paycheck, or daily, depends on you, but keep buying the stock even if its one a day since you aren't being charged any order fees. I would put a stop/loss tho just in case something happens where it plummets you still exit either in profit, or not with much of a loss. Also it's very easy and simple to sign up and use. Just like I said don't use it to make daily trades or a living cause not even the best trader in the world could do it using the app.
Rique and 1 others gave props
 
 6 months ago '11        #3437
Ryan 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$868 | Props total: 46 46
 Fresh.E said:
Ahh

Im scared to invest like that. Might just do it though

penny stocks are a waste of time. Save your money and hit the more reliable stocks for the long term. Research trend following strategies, use fibo's for retracements and invest at 61.8% marker
Rique gave props
 
 6 months ago '15        #3438
ninjacopy1 
space
space
space
$845 | Props total: 1112 1112
 Rique said:
I wouldnt invest anything less than a few 100 to be honest. Im not big on promoting penny stocks.
been watching this thread for awhile and interested in some stocks as well, more over learn more than I do now. Yes I do have money in already on a few but like to know how to grow more.
 6 months ago '14        #3439
Beamer 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$466 | Props total: 180 180
i got 3k for stocks some one put me on
 6 months ago '16        #3440
Ravishing 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$2,507 | Props total: 4535 4535
 SiXkIlS said:
I think it's great for you then cause it enables you to add towards a stock you find stability in, and also see a future in. You find a stock for example that's let's say $10. You can invest every other paycheck, or daily, depends on you, but keep buying the stock even if its one a day since you aren't being charged any order fees. I would put a stop/loss tho just in case something happens where it plummets you still exit either in profit, or not with much of a loss. Also it's very easy and simple to sign up and use. Just like I said don't use it to make daily trades or a living cause not even the best trader in the world could do it using the app.
Thanks man. Could we take a look at Nokia for a moment, I've been eyeing it since it was around $4.20 late last year and it's around $5.05 now. What would you put your stop/loss at? In general, how do you determine a 'good' stop/loss?
SiXkIlS gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 27
Raw Nation: Girl give me your phone number....and your ring size
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass?
80 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside 50 Cent about to get Irv Gotti show Cancelled #Damn
191 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Thick bi-ch from the Snowfall series
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside And the Lord said....
8 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Rich Homie Quan on Regretting Smoking a Blunt Next to His Infant Son
172 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - BREAKING: Nazi Simp Trump Blames BOTH SIDES Again For Charlot..
769 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 2
Dude puts his brother (bx member) on live arguing with BM
171 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy