Strikeforce Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley Tonight @ 10

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who you got?
Gilbert Melendez 14 56.00%
Tatsuya Kawajiri 3 12.00%
Shinya Aoki 13 52.00%
Lyle Beerbohm 2 8.00%
Paul Daley 6 24.00%
Nick Diaz 20 80.00%
Keith Jardine 2 8.00%
Gegard Mousasi 14 56.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #221
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,322 | Props total: 2616 2616
 44Caliber said:

I feel like you do.

I think Nick has what is takes to beat GSP because i doubt he can lay and pray on Nick
The "Lay n Pray" style has historically proven to be very effective against Diaz. Undersized guys like Sherk and Sanchez top control tactics very effectively against Diaz in the past. And since those losses, we haven't seen him square off against a quality top position grappler. I think Fitch, GSP, and Kos, along with someone like Thiago Alves, are all very difficult style match ups for Diaz in the UFC.
 04-10-2011, 12:05 AM         #222
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Instead of trying to unify the titles, Zuffa should send some f!ghters like Diego Sanchez and Thiago Alves to f!ght Nick Diaz @ 170. The first Diaz-Sanchez was a classic, which I had Diaz winning based on his grappling, Sanchez got some takedowns but Diaz was working him from the guard. I think the rematch would still be amazing, with Diaz taking this one in a war of attrition. Diaz and Alves would be an all-out brawl, but I just think Diaz has a bigger heart than Alves does.

How amazing did Gilbert Melendez look tonight? I'm not sure he could out-wrestle Frankie Edgar, but he would definitely check that chin if given the chance.

Gegard Mousasi got robbed, he systematically dismantled Keith Jardine those last two rounds. Mousasi should move back down to 185, though.

Strikeforce would be smart to give Fedor some f!ghts against guys like Dan Henderson, he's not big enough to compete at heavyweight but could still be in some interesting f!ghts. I wonder if we finally get to see Fedor f!ght Randy Couture.
 7 years ago '04        #223
Pusha-T 
space
space
$97 | Props total: 0 0
horrible stoppage, BS call by big John

Stole another amazing round from us ...fu*ker
 04-10-2011, 12:26 AM         #224
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pusha-T said:

Thought it was a bad stoppage at first, until they showed Paul Daley still wobbling and nearly falling off his stool.
 7 years ago '08        #225
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
 StillFree28 said:
Hmmm...Not that I'm hopping off of the Jake Blanket WAR WAGON...

But if he doesn't manage to pull it off...(which he so totally will)
I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz bring the title back to the Usa
Don't be hopping off now
 7 years ago '04        #226
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 96 96
k guys stop hating Cung Le, Anderson Silva, Gus Johnson you know its a match of epic proportions
 7 years ago '05        #227
KlipKlap 61 heat pts61
space
space
$8,281 | Props total: 4350 4350
im still pissed about the Jardine f!ght, u beat the sh*t out of each other & get a draw?? no fu*kin way was it a draw. like fought & got brusied up 4 what??? judgin system needs fixin!!!
 7 years ago '10        #228
norcal21 1 heat pts
space
space
$254 | Props total: 14 14
 Pusha-T said:

this

compare this to say Brock vs Corwin... got let the MF go limp...BS
 7 years ago '05        #229
Makaveli_Hitman 
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 27 27
fu*k outta here.....Daley was done he couldn't even get up to complain or say it was a early stoppage cause he was done!

crazy f!ght.... Diaz is just a straight badass
 7 years ago '05        #230
44Caliber 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 Gramz said:
Instead of trying to unify the titles, Zuffa should send some f!ghters like Diego Sanchez and Thiago Alves to f!ght Nick Diaz @ 170. The first Diaz-Sanchez was a classic, which I had Diaz winning based on his grappling, Sanchez got some takedowns but Diaz was working him from the guard. I think the rematch would still be amazing, with Diaz taking this one in a war of attrition. Diaz and Alves would be an all-out brawl, but I just think Diaz has a bigger heart than Alves does.

How amazing did Gilbert Melendez look tonight? I'm not sure he could out-wrestle Frankie Edgar, but he would definitely check that chin if given the chance.

Gegard Mousasi got robbed, he systematically dismantled Keith Jardine those last two rounds. Mousasi should move back down to 185, though.

Strikeforce would be smart to give Fedor some f!ghts against guys like Dan Henderson, he's not big enough to compete at heavyweight but could still be in some interesting f!ghts. I wonder if we finally get to see Fedor f!ght Randy Couture.

Great a.ssessment but I want to see the belts unified to have one clear champion, but until that time I would love to see some of the top 15 or 10 WW go down and face Nick. I think Nick would dismantle Diego now and I had him winning the first time too because I despise lay and pray. But the Pitbull vs Diaz would be an instant classic no doubt about it.

I think Gilbert has enough TKD and BJJ to overcome Frankie's wrestling but it Frankie beats Gray I would love to see the matchup but the LW division is crazy stacked.
 7 years ago '04        #231
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
I just wanna see Overeem f!ght some UFC HW's... Dudes a beast
 7 years ago '04        #232
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Liquid-Science said:
Diaz was protecting himself by turtling

daley was just flailing his arms like a dead fish

Based Dana White might've done like Vince McMahon and told the ref to call it like the Montreal screw job back when Bret Hart tried to leave WWF with the belt
Jesus Christ....when will this f*ggot sh*t stop?
 7 years ago '06        #233
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
 KlipKlap said:
im still pissed about the Jardine f!ght, u beat the sh*t out of each other & get a draw?? no fu*kin way was it a draw. like fought & got brusied up 4 what??? judgin system needs fixin!!!
He was deducted a point for an illegal upkick on the ground. After that, Jardine only had to win a round for it to be called a majority draw. without that it was a clear win for Mousasi. Either way thats the right score for the f!ght though 28-28
 7 years ago '07        #234
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,833 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Laid Back said:
He was deducted a point for an illegal upkick on the ground. After that, Jardine only had to win a round for it to be called a majority draw. without that it was a clear win for Mousasi. Either way thats the right score for the f!ght though 28-28
IMO Jardine did no win any rounds so to me it should have been scored 9-9 10-9 10-9 I I think we can all clearly say that Gegard won the last 2 rounds as for the first round I don't feeel like Jardine did enough to secure that round
 7 years ago '05        #235
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
It depends on what the judging is looking for. Jardine landed 4/5 take downs in the first round I believe. Gegard landed some nice strikes, but overall, I think Jardine could have won that round. I don't think Gegard was aggressive enough in this f!ght. He had plenty of opportunities to take Jardine out, but he didn't take advantage.

It doesn't matter though because everyone pretty much agrees that Gegard was the better f!ghter, so both f!ghters will move along as if Gegard would have won. Jardine showed heart though, so he'll get another f!ght.
 7 years ago '04        #236
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
moussasi aint hurt his stock... he still has no takedown defense.. he should have worked on that after the king mo embarrassment. Has it come out y nick diaz said he will get suspended?
 7 years ago '07        #237
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
Mousasi
Striking
73 significant strikes
122 head strikes
14 body strikes
10 leg strikes
Landed 146 total strikes

Grappling
3 TDs, attempted 4 TDs.
Two half-guard passes and 1 mount

Jardine
Striking
18 significant strikes
8 head strikes
5 body strikes
8 leg strikes
21 total strikes

Grappling
6 TDs, attempted 13 TDs
0 position changes

yeah thats a draw

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #238
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
Well, because people still consider it a win for Gegard. As the dude posted above, he out preformed Jardine is every way. It was the point taken away that k!lled him (and in a three round f!ght.. that is huge.)

As I said before, Gegard will move on from this as if he had won the f!ght. He may even go on to f!ght for the title next f!ght. Jardine will get more f!ghts as well just because of his heart.
 7 years ago '04        #239
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
dana white even posted on his twitter that decision was bullsh*t
 7 years ago '05        #240
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
I think he looked fine. When he got in there and threw his punches/kicks he looked good. My problem is he wasn't aggressive enough. It seemed like he didn't care. There were times that he could have easily gotten in there and finished off Jardine. Jardine's mouth was wide open with like 1:30 left in the 1st round, but Gegard just walked him down and didn't really try to finish him off.

I think if he had his head/heart in the f!ght, he would have finished it fast. Maybe with Jardine coming in late, he lost interest in the f!ght? No excuse for the way he fought, but I still think he's f!ghting for the title next. Also, I don't know who was saying he would beat Anderson Silva, but they need to leap off a cliff lemmings style.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy