Knicks gone play defense or nah?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+109  110
63 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+43  95
194 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 days ago '14        #1
640 page views
31 comments

504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
space
space
Props total: 66090 66 K  Slaps total: 12555 12 K
Knicks gone play defense or nah?

Last edited by 504; 12-02-2019 at 09:20 PM..
+3   

best
worst
31 comments

4 days ago '05        #2
dblockallday 
space
space
Props total: 2213 2 K  Slaps total: 380 380
more like are they going to play offense.
+5   

4 days ago '17        #3
NinetyThree94  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 16346 16 K  Slaps total: 33524 33 K
more like are they going to play with themselves?
+1   

4 days ago '15        #4
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 
space
space
Props total: 33807 33 K  Slaps total: 4477 4 K
will the knicks ever be good again?

serious question
+2   

4 days ago '07        #5
Sincere730 
space
space
Props total: 20574 20 K  Slaps total: 2872 2 K
No 2 all the above
+3   

4 days ago '12        #6
Thworldisyours 
space
space
Props total: 29181 29 K  Slaps total: 1530 1 K
Randle makes 20 mil a year...
+4   

4 days ago '06        #7
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
Props total: 2170 2 K  Slaps total: 238 238
In all seriousness who are the knicks young prospects? I like to watch some of the up and coming cats, and really don't care for any of them on the squad. And that is taking into consideration, they aren't in the best spots to thrive

For example. M. Robinson- It's cool he can block some jump shots, most in the league can't but he takes the bait on every pump fake, can't stay on the court, and just seems a little slow mentally tbh.

Frank is more suited to play a little more aggressive Eric Snow role,(not a diss) but doesn't have the IQ either IMO

Knox looks the part, but just seems like a run of the mill somewhat athletic player without any it factor

4 days ago '18        #8
BernieDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9433 9 K  Slaps total: 5777 5 K
 ginobili 20 said
In all seriousness who are the knicks young prospects? I like to watch some of the up and coming cats, and really don't care for any of them on the squad. And that is taking into consideration, they aren't in the best spots to thrive

For example. M. Robinson- It's cool he can block some jump shots, most in the league can't but he takes the bait on every pump fake, can't stay on the court, and just seems a little slow mentally tbh.

Frank is more suited to play a little more aggressive Eric Snow role,(not a diss) but doesn't have the IQ either IMO

Knox looks the part, but just seems like a run of the mill somewhat athletic player without any it factor
I mean you just named 3 promising guys and your a*sessment of all 3 is pretty promising.....

Mitch will ofc get better with his awareness and stay on the court more.

Frank wont be a star but can be a really good defensive player and 2nd ball handler.

Knox has a huge ceiling.

and you forgot RJ....

4 days ago '17        #9
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 33600 33 K  Slaps total: 5296 5 K
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
will the knicks ever be good again?

serious question
No

[spoiler - click to view]

+1   

4 days ago '09        #10
The Bully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 107922 107 K  Slaps total: 23918 23 K
Lost by 40+ tonight
@
+2   

4 days ago '17        #11
space
space
 ginobili 20 said
Don't watch too many Knicks games, but from what I have watched it seems Knox tries to do too much on the perimeter. Reminds me of Aaron Gordon a little.

He is shooting 37% from 3 which is solid on 6.6 attempts per36, but I think he'd be better if he focused more on improving his motor and making defensive plays on D, and cutting and crashing the boards on offense. He doesn't bring much on the glass.
+1   

4 days ago '14        #12
215Philly 
space
space
Props total: 38813 38 K  Slaps total: 16842 16 K
 504 said

Imagine the nba in 10 years with these new athletic freaks
+2   

4 days ago '05        #13
HiRolliN 
space
space
Props total: 5003 5 K  Slaps total: 320 320
the final score

4 days ago '06        #14
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
 BernieDaGoat said
I mean you just named 3 promising guys and your a*sessment of all 3 is pretty promising.....

Mitch will ofc get better with his awareness and stay on the court more.

Frank wont be a star but can be a really good defensive player and 2nd ball handler.

Knox has a huge ceiling.

and you forgot RJ....
I'm not all in the Knicks business like that, just some sh*t I took away from watching, and didn't mention RJ, cause I didn't see enough, and like I said, it's a cluster fu*k atm so harder to gauge an even newer prospect.

I'll just say, somebody like Eric Snow who is the butt of jokes, was a beast scorer in high school, but focused on the defensive end under Izzo at MIchigan State and carved out a nice role for himself being a set up man and plus defender in the league. Frank has more defensive upside, and is playing in a less physical league, so he can for sure have a spot on a roster. He doesn't have the subtle sh*t some less talented offensive players have, so it kind of limits his ceiling a bit imo.

4 days ago '17        #15
space
space
 ginobili 20 said
I'm not all in the Knicks business like that, just some sh*t I took away from watching, and didn't mention RJ, cause I didn't see enough, and like I said, it's a cluster fu*k atm so harder to gauge an even newer prospect.

I'll just say, somebody like Eric Snow who is the butt of jokes, was a beast scorer in high school, but focused on the defensive end under Izzo at MIchigan State and carved out a nice role for himself being a set up man and plus defender in the league. Frank has more defensive upside, and is playing in a less physical league, so he can for sure have a spot on a roster. He doesn't have the subtle sh*t some less talented offensive players have, so it kind of limits his ceiling a bit imo.
Seems to me that today coaching staffs and front offices don't know how to build lineups. Like you would think that with Frank, his weaknesses are something you would makeup with by putting in another guard that brings those abilities to the table. Like the scoring, the shooting, the playmaking. Put him next to an offensive guy that might not be solid defensively. It's not that hard.
+1   

4 days ago '06        #16
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
 NinetyThree94 said
Seems to me that today coaching staffs and front offices don't know how to build lineups. Like you would think that with Frank, his weaknesses are something you would makeup with by putting in another guard that brings those abilities to the table. Like the scoring, the shooting, the playmaking. Put him next to an offensive guy that might not be solid defensively. It's not that hard.
Yeah, Iverson and Melo benefited a lot more then some would lead you to think playing with the Andre Miller and Eric Snow's of the world. It's not really up for debate AI had his best years playing with Snow, and maybe even Melo with Basic Game at the point
+1   

4 days ago '05        #17
Ghettoquiz 
space
space
Props total: 1332 1 K  Slaps total: 225 225
Hilarious Frank seems to be their best player my my how was they look when he not out there.
+1   

4 days ago '09        #18
BrooklynStiles 
space
space
Props total: 21885 21 K  Slaps total: 6853 6 K
Garbage azz piece of sh!t team

4 days ago '12        #19
Superstarbrown7 
space
space
Props total: 10650 10 K  Slaps total: 1084 1 K
 ginobili 20 said

Honestly rj is the bright spot for us
+2   

4 days ago '09        #20
BrooklynStiles 
space
space
Props total: 21885 21 K  Slaps total: 6853 6 K

+2   

4 days ago '06        #21
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
 Superstarbrown7 said
Honestly rj is the bright spot for us
Maybe, what do you like in him that you seen?. I don't get NY's direction tbh. Some thought it was cool to go super alpha with morris, portis, randle, and disregarded building around the young bucks. Not surprising to me Morris can put up 20 most nights, but for what? He did it in Boston when they had a down year also. Do you think RJ can really be that MORE efficient when he gets more comfy and operating room

4 days ago '07        #22
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 68435 68 K  Slaps total: 10186 10 K
I remember 4 seasons ago, i didn't like how every night, a different team was dropping 120 points in a game.

Then the season after, it was happening more frequently.

Then the season after, it seemed like a team would drop 130... then that became more frequent.

Now.... it's not strange to see a team down by 40 points or someone drop 150 points. Every night, there's a game where the teams approach the game with the same seriousness as an all-star game.
+1   

4 days ago '15        #23
amarti9 
space
space
space
Props total: 5631 5 K  Slaps total: 442 442
Without a shadow of doubt the biggest mistake the Knicks made in the last 30 years was not letting Pat Riley take control over all basketball operations.

It's just absolutely sad the Knicks can't put together a decent basketball team.

I feel like we can find 15 boxden members and beat the Knicks in 1 game. Smh
+1   

4 days ago '13        #24
mikejuheard 
space
space
Props total: 59546 59 K  Slaps total: 10416 10 K
Should fire the whole organization

Even water boy and all

4 days ago '05        #25
ChickzNKickz 
space
space
Props total: 24418 24 K  Slaps total: 1679 1 K
I’d rather watch a WNBA dunk contest than watch these n*ggas right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  35
Dec 5 - Innocent Bystander and Hostage Killed by Police after Robbery and UPS ..
230 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+49online now  26
Image(s) inside Benny the Butcher 2019 Spotify Numbers
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  23
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isn’t he..
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+24online now  13
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
128 comments
1 day ago
@news
 Closes in 2 hrs -  LA Lakers at Portland - 10:30 PM
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy