Raptors Fear Masai Ujiri May Leave For The New York Knicks

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '19        #51
Bucks414  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 8189 8 K  Slaps total: 11148 11 K
 Rubix said

Wisconsin

This n*ggas hype off of water slides, dairy and red necks. What a sh*thole of a state.
id rather live in wisconsin than canada any day of the week 24/7

2 weeks ago '07        #52
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 68864 68 K  Slaps total: 10215 10 K
 Bucks414 said
flies love to live on sh*t so, it makes sense.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #53
castiloni 
space
space
space
Props total: 117 117  Slaps total: 36 36
 stogz said
Everything that you can say about the knicks, you can also say about the wizards.
And the Hawks!

2 weeks ago '07        #54
OG Perez 
space
space
Props total: 16155 16 K  Slaps total: 6552 6 K
 stogz said
Everything that you can say about the knicks, you can also say about the wizards.
Let punjabi mc keep thinking he has jokes. He thinks everyone is laughing with him while everyone is laughing at his 7-11 floor mopping f*g**t a*s

2 weeks ago '05        #55
Rockstar718 
space
space
Props total: 17897 17 K  Slaps total: 1691 1 K
 blah blah blah said
Knicks just lost by 44
And we're still a better defensive team than yall

As trash as we are it was expected, what's your excuse?

2 weeks ago '16        #56
Yaggy 
space
space
Props total: 5160 5 K  Slaps total: 1606 1 K
 Lurker said
We got a treasure chest of draft picks and no bad long term contracts. Good young building blocks (RJ, Mitch) Big market, historical franchise. Itís actually a really good situation for ANY GM to walk into, let alone the best GM in the NBA. Dolan got deep pockets so you know the bag gonna be right. He gave Phil (with no GM experience) 5 Years 60 Million and everyone praised the move.

All fun and games until Dolan put that 6 Year 100 Million dollar contract in his face. And Dolan got the paper to buy out his remaining contract with Toronto. Money talks.
Masai isn't a gm.....

2 weeks ago '05        #57
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 59819 59 K  Slaps total: 56595 56 K
 OG Perez said
Let punjabi mc keep thinking he has jokes. He thinks everyone is laughing with him while everyone is laughing at his 7-11 floor mopping f*g**t a*s

2 weeks ago '11        #58
megalomaniacal 
space
space
Props total: 9999 9 K  Slaps total: 1317 1 K
Don’t nobody give a sh*t about working for the knicks. It’s 2020, they haven’t done sh*t in 50 years

2 weeks ago '05        #59
Rubix 
space
space
Props total: 4134 4 K  Slaps total: 816 816
 Bucks414 said
Considering that Canada is consistently ranked in the top 2 countries to live in the world based on quality of life, yeah thatís says more about your intellect and ignorance than anything else
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #60
kej718 
space
space
space
Props total: 6652 6 K  Slaps total: 394 394
Didn't he just sign a new contract with Toronto?
The Knicks helped build that Toronto roster with all the picks they gave to them.

Yall owe us Masai.

The Knicks should keep Mitch, RJ, Frank, Morris, & Taj (these guys compete on both ends) . Everyone else can go. Keep Fiz for the Tank. Hope to get a top 3 pick. This draft actually looks interesting.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #61
WhoNextWithPlex 
space
space
Props total: 12619 12 K  Slaps total: 2916 2 K
This is has been a rumor for a minute now and it would hold water until you realize the Raptors bankroll is way bigger than the Knicks, and theres no way they let the architect of all the revenue theyre earning walk away for a more lucrative salary. Go ahead and make him an offer, the Raps will match it.

2 weeks ago '10        #62
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 52339 52 K  Slaps total: 5983 5 K
 WhoNextWithPlex said
This is has been a rumor for a minute now and it would hold water until you realize the Raptors bankroll is way bigger than the Knicks, and theres no way they let the architect of all the revenue theyre earning walk away for a more lucrative salary. Go ahead and make him an offer, the Raps will match it.
No itís not.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #63
Bucks414  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 8189 8 K  Slaps total: 11148 11 K
 Rubix said
Considering that Canada is consistently ranked in the top 2 countries to live in the world based on quality of life, yeah thatís says more about your intellect and ignorance than anything else
Idgaf what some polling website says lol Iím staying my a*s in the United States, just like nba players, donít kno one wanna go to Canada

2 weeks ago '10        #64
WhoNextWithPlex 
space
space
 Black Excellence said
No it’s not.
Yeah it is. The Raptors are owned by a group called MLSE, which is made up of a coalition of Bell and Rogers sports media, the two largest telecom companies in Canada. Their bankroll is literally endless, look it up.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #65
j_k1dd 
space
space
Props total: 1965 1 K  Slaps total: 121 121
 Bucks414 said
All ya bum a*s state got is Spotted Cow beer and Bratwurst.

I got family that would rather drive 10 hours then spend holidays/summers in that bum a*s place.

2 weeks ago '10        #66
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said
Yeah it is. The Raptors are owned by a group called MLSE, which is made up of a coalition of Bell and Rogers sports media, the two largest telecom companies in Canada. Their bankroll is literally endless, look it up.
And the Knicks are owned by James Dolan who also owns the Rangers & also owns MSG while being in the number one media market in the world.

HIS bankroll is literally endless.

I know about MLSE, I read up on them when Raps Fans kept going on & on how they could go after free agents back in the day because of MLSE.

If Dolan wants to throw a 15-20 million dollar contract towards Masai, he’ll do it. The Raptors won’t.

Last edited by Black Excellence; 12-03-2019 at 08:30 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #67
WhoNextWithPlex 
space
space
 Black Excellence said
And the Knicks are owned by James Dolan who also owns the Rangers & also owns MSG.

HIS bankroll is literally endless.

I know about MLSE, I read up on them when Raps Fans kept going on & on how they could go after free agents back in the day because of MLSE.

If Dolan wants to throw a 15-20 million dollar contract towards Masai, he’ll do it. The Raptors won’t.
Alright so now youre just speculating like everybody else when all the evidence points towards the Raptors keeping Masai.

He isnt going to New York, just like every other big name free agent they were supposed to get for the last 10 years. There is no "fear within the organization" that Masai is leaving. Its just desperate Knicks fans foaming at the mouth again.

And if you think James Dolans net worth doesnt get completely eclipsed by MLSE's equity youre insane.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #68
kukkudo 
space
space
space
Props total: 451 451  Slaps total: 35 35
 Lurker said
We got a treasure chest of draft picks and no bad long term contracts. Good young building blocks (RJ, Mitch) Big market, historical franchise. Itís actually a really good situation for ANY GM to walk into, let alone the best GM in the NBA. Dolan got deep pockets so you know the bag gonna be right. He gave Phil (with no GM experience) 5 Years 60 Million and everyone praised the move.

All fun and games until Dolan put that 6 Year 100 Million dollar contract in his face. And Dolan got the paper to buy out his remaining contract with Toronto. Money talks.
This
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #69
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said
Alright so now youre just speculating like everybody else when all the evidence points towards the Raptors keeping Masai.

He isnt going to New York, just like every other big name free agent they were supposed to get for the last 10 years. There is no "fear within the organization" that Masai is leaving. Its just desperate Knicks fans foaming at the mouth again.

And if you think James Dolans net worth doesnt get completely eclipsed by MLSE's equity youre insane.
Speculating what?

Rangers & Knicks are worth 7 Billion dollars combined.
MSG has a market value of 6 billion dollars.

What are we really talking about here?
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #70
Playboi Loso 
space
space
Props total: 40548 40 K  Slaps total: 4663 4 K
Believe it when I see it

Nobody wanna come here

2 weeks ago '10        #71
WhoNextWithPlex 
space
space
 Black Excellence said
Speculating what?

Rangers & Knicks are worth 7 Billion dollars combined.
MSG has a market value of 6 billion dollars.

What are we really talking about here?
Im asking what makes you so sure that A) Masai even wants to leave Toronto in the first place and B) What is it about the Knicks and James Dolan that people seem to think they can outbid MLSE in the event that they make Masai an offer.

Like I said, the Raptors have way more money to spend than the Knicks since theyre controlled by MLSE, who by the way own; the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto FC, the Toronto Marlies, Raptors 905, Scotia Bank Arena, BMO field, Leafs TV network, and NBA TV Canada. So money to spend really isnt the issue here. They can match anything the Knicks offer without breaking a sweat. But again, why would Masai ever want to leave? He already declined an offer in 2017, and said this as recently as June:

"It’s always been about Toronto. I love it here, my family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is very important. My kids are Canadians. Other teams wanting me, that is a blessing in life. But for me the blessing is being wanted here. Finding a place that makes you happy, and finding challenges that really make you grow as a person... this place made me grow as a person. I identify with this place and I love it. In my mind, I'm here."

Not sure where all this speculation that he's leaving for New York comes from. He also literally said "I hate the Knicks" in 2014.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #72
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said
Im asking what makes you so sure that A) Masai even wants to leave Toronto in the first place and B) What is it about the Knicks and James Dolan that people seem to think they can outbid MLSE in the event that they make Masai an offer.

Like I said, the Raptors have way more money to spend than the Knicks since theyre controlled by MLSE, who by the way own; the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto FC, the Toronto Marlies, Raptors 905, Scotia Bank Arena, BMO field, Leafs TV network, and NBA TV Canada. So money to spend really isnt the issue here. They can match anything the Knicks offer without breaking a sweat. But again, why would Masai ever want to leave? He already declined an offer in 2017, and said this as recently as June:

"Itís always been about Toronto. I love it here, my family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is very important. My kids are Canadians. Other teams wanting me, that is a blessing in life. But for me the blessing is being wanted here. Finding a place that makes you happy, and finding challenges that really make you grow as a person... this place made me grow as a person. I identify with this place and I love it. In my mind, I'm here."

Not sure where all this speculation that he's leaving for New York comes from. He also literally said "I hate the Knicks" in 2014.
I didnít once say Masai was leaving.

I refuted your original post that the Raps have more money than the Knicks in an effort to match whatever offer the Knicks make which is false.

MSG & the Knicks worth is worth more than those teams. You can keep saying MLSE but MSG & the Knicks are worth more, period.

Stop trying to give me history lessons on things Iíve read already, itís belittling.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #73
WhoNextWithPlex 
space
space
 Black Excellence said
I didnít once say Masai was leaving.

I refuted your original post that the Raps have more money than the Knicks in an effort to match whatever offer the Knicks make which is false.

MSG & the Knicks worth is worth more than those teams. You can keep saying MLSE but MSG & the Knicks are worth more, period.

Stop trying to give me history lessons on things Iíve read already, itís belittling.
You need to go do some math if you think James Dolan, the Knicks, the Rangers and MSG are worth more than Rogers, Bell, and all of their properties within MLSE.

2 weeks ago '07        #74
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 68864 68 K  Slaps total: 10215 10 K
Y'all arguing about the knicks and the raptors worth and it really doesn't make sense. Just to entertain you guys though...

James Dolan is chairman of the MSG company. It's roughly a $10 billion company. Yes, NYC is the largest media market and he can rely heavily on opportunities that other companies can give his players (financially), to sell them on the knicks. That hasn't worked out at all. Dolan's money comes from the company... the company is public, which means he has a duty to his investors to make profit. Profit comes before the teams being any good. That market has consistently shown that they'll support that team even if the product is absolute garbage.

Bell, Rogers and Tanenbaum own MLSE. Bell is about a $30 billion company and Rogers a bit more. Both those companies are public, so the same thing applies. Profit comes first. It just so happens the raptors are such a young team in a unique market that peak level profits have not been realized yet. So where it might not make sense for Dolan to throw away money because profits won't increase, it's definitely worth it for MLSE.

It's not like any of the owners are like Balmer or the new guy in Brooklyn, or the old guy in brooklyn where the expense doesn't matter at all and the money is all personal wealth and they answer to no one.

Also, if you don't know what MLSE did to get and to keep Masai, then you really don't understand the whole picture.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #75
j_k1dd 
space
space
Props total: 1965 1 K  Slaps total: 121 121
 stogz said
Y'all arguing about the knicks and the raptors worth and it really doesn't make sense. Just to entertain you guys though...

James Dolan is chairman of the MSG company. It's roughly a $10 billion company. Yes, NYC is the largest media market and he can rely heavily on opportunities that other companies can give his players (financially), to sell them on the knicks. That hasn't worked out at all. Dolan's money comes from the company... the company is public, which means he has a duty to his investors to make profit. Profit comes before the teams being any good. That market has consistently shown that they'll support that team even if the product is absolute garbage.

Bell, Rogers and Tanenbaum own MLSE. Bell is about a $30 billion company and Rogers a bit more. Both those companies are public, so the same thing applies. Profit comes first. It just so happens the raptors are such a young team in a unique market that peak level profits have not been realized yet. So where it might not make sense for Dolan to throw away money because profits won't increase, it's definitely worth it for MLSE.

It's not like any of the owners are like Balmer or the new guy in Brooklyn, or the old guy in brooklyn where the expense doesn't matter at all and the money is all personal wealth and they answer to no one.

Also, if you don't know what MLSE did to get and to keep Masai, then you really don't understand the whole picture.

Biggest Piece that NY can't outbid or offer Masai.

#TeamGiantsOfAfrica2023
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Tom Hardy Shares VENOM 2 Set Photos
20 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+42online now  10
Video inside The song in Chicago that really started it all.
44 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+142online now  10
Memorable pictures from this decade
225 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  9
Image(s) inside Most Powerful Weapons In The Marvel Universe, Ranked By Destructive Fo..
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy