2019 College Football Playoff Rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+173  33
209 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '16        #51
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 18691 18 K  Slaps total: 745 745
People really think this sh*t is fair.

+1   

1 month ago '17        #52
Jdog168 
space
space
Props total: 8043 8 K  Slaps total: 193 193
 TH35 said
I say bring it back with no committee and expand the playoff field
BCS was terrible. The over ranking of SEC teams just benefited them more. That’s why they almost always had one team in the top 2.

1 month ago '19        #53
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 2267 2 K  Slaps total: 264 264
Worst case scenario:

(all of this is highly unlikely, but bear with me).

1. Clemson loses in the ACC Championship game.
2. LSU loses one of it's remaining regular season games and then loses to Georgia.
3. Ohio State loses to Minnesota in the Big Ten Championship leaving Minnesota 13-0.
4. Baylor wins out.
5. Oregon and Utah both get to the Pac 12 title game 11-1 and Utah wins the title.

After Championship Weekend, we have someone other than Clemson is the ACC Champ.
MInnesota and Baylor are undefeated conference champions
Utah is a one loss Pac 12 champ.
Georgia is a one loss SEC champ.

That COULD make for some rather unappetizing TV matchups. The potential final four could be Minnesota, Baylor, Georgia and Utah. It's going to be hard to sell a Minnesota v. Utah Semifinal. Georgia v. Baylor isn't much more appealing.

I would be interested to see how the committee dances its way out of that situation. They're going to want to get some of the more popular programs (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, etc.) into the tournament and I'm sure they'd go to the "best four teams" over "most deserving" in order to make it happen. But...wouldn't that damage the committee's integrity?
+2   

1 month ago '19        #54
Tweezy 
space
space
Props total: 4646 4 K  Slaps total: 1101 1 K
I like this system....it's the best possible way for Clemson to be champions again

1 month ago '17        #55
Tom Herman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 52010 52 K  Slaps total: 35052 35 K
 ghettofied said
Bama not getting in with one top 25 win bruh. OU wins out they’ll have four top 25 wins and a Conference Championship.
You still saying this bullsh*t

Look at the fu*king rankings n*gga we told yall the SEC bias is outrageous.

1 month ago '14        #56
4evaabso 
space
space
Props total: 29415 29 K  Slaps total: 11692 11 K
Bama should not make it...
LSU
OHio State
Clemson
Oregon
With penn state, alabammy, Georgia and the rest on the outskirts...

1 month ago '07        #57
TH35 
space
space
Props total: 23492 23 K  Slaps total: 2765 2 K
 Djackso2 said
A lot of football left. Be patient.
we will be saying the same thing when uga is 3 next week if they beat Auburn

4 teams sh*t is dumb teams change and get better

auto bids for the P5 con winners then 3 more at large bids so the SEC can have another team in or B10 who cares

so that'll dead the what if an terrible team in another division beats a good team in the championship game ... well put that team that lost as a 6,7, or 8 seed. or just do away with divisions so the actual 2 best teams can play each other in a championship game in that case Bama could rematch LSU

Last edited by TH35; 11-13-2019 at 03:35 AM..

1 month ago '04        #58
ghettofied 
space
space
Props total: 20098 20 K  Slaps total: 4556 4 K
 Tom Herman said
You still saying this bullsh*t

Look at the fu*king rankings n*gga we told yall the SEC bias is outrageous.
Bama won’t be in. They’re already 5th.

1 month ago '18        #59
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 33101 33 K  Slaps total: 2682 2 K
 ghettofied said
I agree with you, ideally. It'll take one of the top 4 losing in the coming weeks for them to be playoff hopefuls again.

I say "ideally" because I dont trust the committee to see things clearly, and they're as clear as day. Alabama does not have the credentials to be in the playoff.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #60
space
space
 dadon85 said
Georgia at 4. Allows them to drop out after a loss in sec championship game
And allows a Big 12 champion to replace them. There's currently no argument for a non-conference winner to get in at 4.

Last edited by Lord God; 11-13-2019 at 07:33 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '06        #61
DonYBE 
space
space
Props total: 8756 8 K  Slaps total: 891 891
I called this in the other College Football thread that they would only drop to 4th or 5th.

The way the rankings are, it's set up for Bama to be 4th. Their best bet would be for LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson to win out. That would mean Georgia and Minnesota would fall.

I personally don't think they should get in, but hey it is what it is. There's still a lot of football to be played.

1 month ago '18        #62
space
space
 DonYBE said
I called this in the other College Football thread that they would only drop to 4th or 5th.

The way the rankings are, it's set up for Bama to be 4th. Their best bet would be for LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson to win out. That would mean Georgia and Minnesota would fall.

I personally don't think they should get in, but hey it is what it is. There's still a lot of football to be played.

Georgia losing the SEC championship doesn't mean 5 moves up. It means a different Conference champion (something Bama will not have) replaces 4.

Folks gotta remember this ranking is just a snapshot of the moment, like OSUS #1 ranking was. A conference championship win beats Bamas single loss to a #1. Nothing on their schedule rectifies that shortcoming.

LSU, Ohio State, Baylor/OU & Clemson winning out means Bama has no shot.

The committee would be beside themselves explaining a non-conference winner Bama getting in over a 1-loss conf champion.

1 month ago '18        #63
space
space
Here's what I will say about the committee & SEC bias.

Oregon has one loss to a ranked Auburn, a loss that came in the last few moments in the game. Georgia's loss was to an unranked South Carolina... Georgia never led in the 2nd half.

You ask anyone who should be 4 right now, and only bias suggests Georgia.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #64
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29373 29 K  Slaps total: 7544 7 K
SB .1000 #117 (-18)
 Mr Insecurity said
Worst case scenario:

I would be interested to see how the committee dances its way out of that situation. They're going to want to get some of the more popular programs (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, etc.) into the tournament and I'm sure they'd go to the "best four teams" over "most deserving" in order to make it happen. But...wouldn't that damage the committee's integrity?
They did it to the Big Ten the past 2 years.
Putting Ohio State in over Big Ten Champion Penn State punishing them over Paterno's legacy.
Then keeping Ohio State out because of the Urban Meyer a*sistant coach domestic scandal putting in Oklahoma instead

Last edited by Javon23; 11-13-2019 at 08:19 AM..

1 month ago '04        #65
space
space
Props total: 29373 29 K  Slaps total: 7544 7 K
SB .1000 #117 (-18)
Funny how Clemson is being criticized for their schedule and Alabama is not.
+1   

1 month ago '10        #66
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 33779 33 K  Slaps total: 4637 4 K
 Lord God said

Oregon has one loss to a ranked Auburn, a loss that came in the last few moments in the game. Georgia's loss was to an unranked South Carolina... Georgia never led in the 2nd half.

Even people here in Eugene aren't really hype about the Duck's football team right now. There's a basketball tourney in town this week and the BB team beat Auburn. Everyone been on the basketball's team nuts since the football team went to sh*t when Chip and Mariota left.

Pac-12 football is some good sh*t though. Open field and high scoring. After a day of watching SEC's style of play, it is a cool change of pace at the end of the night. I know people on the East Coast be sleeping on the games that start at 10pm their time. That's only 7pm here. I still watch some of the Hawaii games that start here at 9pm.

I think watching games on the West Coast is the best. Can get up early to watch the games in the East and still be awake to watch all the post game breakdowns.
+1   

1 month ago '09        #67
dadon85 
space
space
space
Props total: 22481 22 K  Slaps total: 3057 3 K
 Lord God said
And allows a Big 12 champion to replace them. There's currently no argument for a non-conference winner to get in at 4.
They will argue for bama. Losing to undefeated LSU. Tua wasn't fully healthy. Might need an undefeated baylor to get that 4th

1 month ago '16        #68
ahonui06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 99406 99 K  Slaps total: 24665 24 K
Minnesota should be in Top 4

1 month ago '18        #69
space
space
 ahonui06 said
Minnesota should be in Top 4
Have to agree. They beat a team the committee said was top 4. Outside of LSU, no other team has a better win.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #70
ahonui06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 99406 99 K  Slaps total: 24665 24 K
 Lord God said
Have to agree. They beat a team the committee said was top 4. Outside of LSU, no other team has a better win.
9-0 and just beat another undefeated Top 4 team like you mentioned. Just goes to show how dumb the college football playoff is compared to college basketball. Still a long way to go for these dummies.

1 month ago '18        #71
RDJordan5 
space
space
Props total: 412 412  Slaps total: 58 58
SB .670 #15 (0)
 ghettofied said
Bama not getting in with one top 25 win bruh. OU wins out they’ll have four top 25 wins and a Conference Championship.
This.

The only team they'll be able to say they beat from here on out is who? Auburn. That's not making a legitimate case to prove you're a top 4 playoff team. But Bammers don't look at it that way...

Last edited by RDJordan5; 11-13-2019 at 10:37 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '18        #72
RDJordan5 
space
space
Props total: 412 412  Slaps total: 58 58
SB .670 #15 (0)
 Lord God said

We lost to South Carolina...ok...since they beat us they've lost to Florida, Tennessee, & Appalachian State. That loss to them looked bad for a couple weeks...and now, the only people still talking about that are you "the committee is SEC bias" people. I seen someone say that it's best to lose early...that's very true.

1 month ago '17        #73
space
space
 Javon23 said
They did it to the Big Ten the past 2 years.
Putting Ohio State in over Big Ten Champion Penn State punishing them over Paterno's legacy.
Then keeping Ohio State out because of the Urban Meyer a*sistant coach domestic scandal putting in Oklahoma instead
Penn state had 2 losses tho
+1   

1 month ago '17        #74
space
space
 ghettofied said
And OU is 10th. 4th and 5th are not that significant right now

1 month ago '04        #75