2019 College Football Playoff Rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+117  73
69 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '19        #1
2427 page views
202 comments

Mr Insecurity 
space
space
space
Props total: 2147 2 K  Slaps total: 257 257
2019 College Football Playoff Rankings.

College Football Playoff Rankings, Nov. 5

1 Ohio State (8-0)
2 LSU (8-0)
3 Alabama (8-0)
4 Penn State (8-0)
5 Clemson (9-0)
6 Georgia (7-1)
7 Oregon (8-1)
8 Utah (8-1)
9 Oklahoma (7-1)
10 Florida (7-2)
11 Auburn (7-2)
12 Baylor (8-0)
13 Wisconsin (6-2)
14 Michigan (7-2)
15 Notre Dame (6-2)
16 Kansas State (6-2)
17 Minnesota (8-0)
18 Iowa (6-2)
19 Wake Forest (7-1)
20 Cincinnati (7-1)
21 Memphis (8-1)
22 Boise State (7-1)
23 Oklahoma State (6-3)
24 Navy (7-1)
25 SMU (8-1)

visit this link https://www.cbssports.com .. of-cfp-top-25/

Last edited by Mr Insecurity; 11-05-2019 at 09:36 PM..
+5   

best
worst
202 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Jdog168 
space
space
Props total: 7680 7 K  Slaps total: 183 183
I’d personally place LSU over Ohio State as they’ve played a tougher schedule but ALA plays LSU, and Penn State plays Ohio State so this is all gonna get sorted out.
+3   

1 month ago '19        #3
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
This will all play itself out (of course) so everything I type after this should be taken with a grain of salt.

1. I was talking to a friend recently and we were ranking the "Power Five" conferences. I came up with 1. SEC, 2. Big Ten, 3. Big XII, 4. Pac 12, 5. ACC. I had to be honest. There's one really good team in the ACC (Clemson) and one might be tempted to rank the ACC 4th, but the edge in top to bottom strength has to go to the Pac 12. One indicator of Clemon's strength (relative to the rest of the conference). is that I would take a one-loss (conf. champion) Clemson over a one-loss champion from a few other conferences (certainly over the Big XII and the Pac 12). But I wouldn't take any other one-loss ACC Champion over any other conference champion.

2. There's so much talk of teams controlling their own destiny. Most of the teams in the top 10 do (they will be enough games between the top teams that it allows them to shake things out). I think that Minnesota can lose to Penn State and STILL make the playoff. If the Gophers lose this week and then win out, they will win the Big Ten East and == more than likely -- face either Penn State or Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship game. If they win that game (especially if the Big Ten East rep is undefeated), they'll be a one loss conference champion with their one loss being a quality loss (unless they get blown out)., They'll be a long shot, but if the dominoes fall just right, they could get in.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #4
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 29279 29 K  Slaps total: 20289 20 K
Baylor and Minnesota should be higher
+1   

1 month ago '19        #5
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
 Jdog168 said
I’d personally place LSU over Ohio State as they’ve played a tougher schedule but ALA plays LSU, and Penn State plays Ohio State so this is all gonna get sorted out.
I think there might have been some "eye test" bias from the committee. There has been so much, "Ohio State is the most complete team" chatter from the talking heads, so that may have moved the Buckeyes to the top.

I've no doubt that that winner of the game this weekend will be #1 next week (especially if it's LSU). I'm curious to see how far LSU falls (if they lose).

Last edited by Mr Insecurity; 11-06-2019 at 02:46 AM..

1 month ago '05        #6
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 4472 4 K  Slaps total: 1110 1 K
They do this every year. These teams play each other and will get a major strength of schedule boost for the winner. The top 5 rankings don’t mean anything at this point.

1 month ago '19        #7
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
 Big Tymerz said
Agreed.

They're not only behind one-loss teams, but TWO-loss teams?

I think that Baylor is being punished for struggling against West Virginia.

1 month ago '19        #8
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
 hbk83 said
They do this every year. These teams play each other and will get a major strength of schedule boost for the winner. The top 5 rankings don’t mean anything at this point.
Obviously. None of the rankings mean anything until the final rankings. I think that the only reason they're released at all in November is to:
1. Generate conversation (the panel shows, sports radio and podcasts are going to eat off of this all week).
2. Boost TV ratings. If you can advertise that one of the teams in a game is a top 5 team, that might drive more eyes to the game.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #9
ghettofied 
space
space
Props total: 19885 19 K  Slaps total: 4549 4 K
 Mr Insecurity said
This will all play itself out (of course) so everything I type after this should be taken with a grain of salt.

1. I was talking to a friend recently and we were ranking the "Power Five" conferences. I came up with 1. SEC, 2. Big Ten, 3. Big XII, 4. Pac 12, 5. ACC. I had to be honest. There's one really good team in the ACC (Clemson) and one might be tempted to rank the ACC 4th, but the edge in top to bottom strength has to go to the Pac 12. One indicator of Clemon's strength (relative to the rest of the conference). is that I would take a one-loss (conf. champion) Clemson over a one-loss champion from a few other conferences (certainly over the Big XII and the Pac 12). But I wouldn't take any other one-loss ACC Champion over any other conference champion.

2. There's so much talk of teams controlling their own destiny. Most of the teams in the top 10 do (they will be enough games between the top teams that it allows them to shake things out). I think that Minnesota can lose to Penn State and STILL make the playoff. If the Gophers lose this week and then win out, they will win the Big Ten East and == more than likely -- face either Penn State or Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship game. If they win that game (especially if the Big Ten East rep is undefeated), they'll be a one loss conference champion with their one loss being a quality loss (unless they get blown out)., They'll be a long shot, but if the dominoes fall just right, they could get in.
Clemson’s schedule is awful. They lose one game, they’re out. Period.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #10
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 32896 32 K  Slaps total: 2671 2 K
Doesn't mean a thing to me until after the B1G championship, but good to see the committee recognize us.

4 weeks ago '05        #11
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 4472 4 K  Slaps total: 1110 1 K
 Mr Insecurity said
Obviously. None of the rankings mean anything until the final rankings. I think that the only reason they're released at all in November is to:
1. Generate conversation (the panel shows, sports radio and podcasts are going to eat off of this all week).
2. Boost TV ratings. If you can advertise that one of the teams in a game is a top 5 team, that might drive more eyes to the game.
Exactly. The generating conversation is where I was headed, the talk about Clemson being on the outside, the positioning just to create a television conversation and build hype. Then the last day when they release it everyone will jump around based on the games they want to schedule for television purposes.
Espn/Disney might even request the matchups they want. I highly doubt there is voters deciding this.

4 weeks ago '18        #12
RDJordan5 
space
space
Props total: 412 412  Slaps total: 58 58
SB .680 #14 (-3)
Go Dawgs!
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
biscuit 
space
space
Props total: 29005 29 K  Slaps total: 2599 2 K
 Big Tymerz said
 Mr Insecurity said
Agreed.

They're not only behind one-loss teams, but TWO-loss teams?

I think that Baylor is being punished for struggling against West Virginia.
Minnesota beat South Dakota State by 1 touchdown.

They had to go to overtime to beat Fresno.

They beat Georgia Southern by 3 points.

They are ranked right where they should be.

If they beat Penn State this weekend then but till then. Nah.

And I fu*k with P.J. Fleck too as a fellow NIU Alum

4 weeks ago '19        #14
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
 ghettofied said
Clemson’s schedule is awful. They lose one game, they’re out. Period.
As I posted in another thread...

Mr Insecurity said
if Clemson doesn't go undefeated, Swinney should resign.

Georgia Tech
(12) Texas A&M
@ (22) Syracuse
Charlotte
@ North Carolina
Florida State
@ Louisville
Boston College
Wofford
@ North Carolina State
Wake Forest
@ South Carolina
...so I was in on the idea of Clemson's schedule being trash from the beginning. But they are the defending champs and a proven draw. I think that biases within the committe (even on an unconscious level) may favor Clemson.

If Clemson were to lose to--say--South Carolina (who's already beaten Georgia) and then win the ACC, would the committee take Oklahoma (assuming that the Sooners win out) over Clemson (if they're the two teams competing for the final spot)?

The committee shouldn't include a one-loss Clemson (because Oklahoma's resume will be better), but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

By the way, good call on Texas in this thread ("").
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #15
MichaelVickStan 
space
space
Props total: 21896 21 K  Slaps total: 6473 6 K
Uga uga uga
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '19        #16
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 29279 29 K  Slaps total: 20289 20 K
 biscuit said
Minnesota beat South Dakota State by 1 touchdown.

They had to go to overtime to beat Fresno.

They beat Georgia Southern by 3 points.

They are ranked right where they should be.

If they beat Penn State this weekend then but till then. Nah.

And I fu*k with P.J. Fleck too as a fellow NIU Alum

+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
ghettofied 
space
space
Props total: 19885 19 K  Slaps total: 4549 4 K
 Mr Insecurity said
As I posted in another thread...

...so I was in on the idea of Clemson's schedule being trash from the beginning. But they are the defending champs and a proven draw. I think that biases within the committe (even on an unconscious level) may favor Clemson.

If Clemson were to lose to--say--South Carolina (who's already beaten Georgia) and then win the ACC, would the committee take Oklahoma (assuming that the Sooners win out) over Clemson (if they're the two teams competing for the final spot)?

The committee shouldn't include a one-loss Clemson (because Oklahoma's resume will be better), but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

By the way, good call on Texas in this thread ("").
I think OU wins out they’re in the conversation for sure. Our schedule the rest of the way is one of the best in the Country. two games vs Baylor, and a ranked Okie State team.

I was right on OU’s defense getting better too. Nice.

4 weeks ago '04        #18
biscuit 
space
space
Props total: 29005 29 K  Slaps total: 2599 2 K
 Big Tymerz said

4 weeks ago '19        #19
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
...Speaking of the preseason poll (I mentioned it in my last post)...Here is that top 25 (with each team's current record).

1. Clemson — (9-0)
2. Alabama — (8-0)
3. Georgia — (7-1)
4. Oklahoma — (7-1)
5. Ohio State — (8-0)
6. LSU — (8-0)
7. Michigan — (7-2)
8. Florida — (7-2)
9. Notre Dame — (6-2)
10. Texas — (5-3)
11. Oregon — (8-1)
12. Texas A&M — (6-3)
13. Washington — (5-4)
14. Utah — (8-1)
15. Penn State — (8-0)
16. Auburn — (7-2)
17. UCF — (7-2)
18. Michigan State — (4-4)
19. Wisconsin — (6-2)
20. Iowa — (6-2)
21. Iowa State — (5-3)
22. Syracuse — (3-6)
23. Washington State — (4-4)
24. Nebraska — (4-5)
25. Stanford — (4-4)
What made me want to look at this list was hearing arguments being made to justify the CFP rankings. For example, one pundit (I think it was David Pollack on ESPN) was trying to make the case for LSU being number 1 and he said, "...they beat a Texas team that was ranked when they played them...". I, personally, don't think that this means anything. If I played you early in the season and you were highly ranked, but at the end of the season you're outside the top 25, were you actually a good team or were you simply overrated early on?

LSU's resume is strong enough that they don't need a boost from a win over Texas, but Texas could end up with six losses (if they lose to K-State, Iowa State and Baylor) why should the fact that "...oh, they were #10 when we played them..." mean anything?

4 weeks ago '06        #20
BigRed912 
space
space
Props total: 3400 3 K  Slaps total: 592 592
Go Dawgs!
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
Tikyle2 
space
space
Props total: 2860 2 K  Slaps total: 511 511
 Jdog168 said
It's only really gonna get sorted out for Clemson. I don't really care who wins on Saturday but you can't tell me after that game that Clemson is magically better than either of those teams.

4 weeks ago '17        #22
Jdog168 
space
space
Props total: 7680 7 K  Slaps total: 183 183
 Tikyle2 said
It's only really gonna get sorted out for Clemson. I don't really care who wins on Saturday but you can't tell me after that game that Clemson is magically better than either of those teams.
I don't disagree with you they play an absolute trash schedule. If they were in the SEC, BIG or PAC they'd lose at least a game more likely 2.

4 weeks ago '05        #23
Ron Swanson 
space
space
Props total: 61695 61 K  Slaps total: 5974 5 K
They knew exactly what they were doing when they made those rankings, just look at the schedule coming up... this will all play itself out and Clemson will get into the playoff, i have no doubt about that.

4 weeks ago '16        #24
BobbiHeadRagTop 
space
space
Props total: 42860 42 K  Slaps total: 2536 2 K
LSU finna beat Alabama this Saturday no question
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #25
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
Minnesota will be moving up.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  28
Dec 5 - Innocent Bystander and Hostage Killed by Police after Robbery and UPS ..
231 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+50online now  27
Image(s) inside Benny the Butcher 2019 Spotify Numbers
53 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isn’t he..
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+24online now  18
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
128 comments
1 day ago
@news
 Closes in 2 hrs -  LA Lakers at Portland - 10:30 PM
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy