2019 College Football Playoff Rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

7 days ago '14        #151
4evaabso 
space
space
space
Props total: 29251 29 K  Slaps total: 11649 11 K
 ghettofied said
I can answer that for him. Utahís best win will be a 3 loss Oregon team that will be ranked 17 or lower. OU has currently, 3 ranked wins. And will have two ranked wins over top 10 Baylor team. Utahís best win other than Oregon? 7-5 Washington. OU has a better resume, even their losses are now comparable as Kansas State is 8-4. While Utah lost to USC with a 3rd string QB. Defense for Utah is better? Utahís total defense is 3rd. OUís is 26th. OUís total offense is 1st. While Utahís total offense is 26th. If they somehow put Utah in, itíll be because the PAC-12 hasnít made the Playoff since 2015. Utah will get murdered by LSU or Ohio State. OU will in my opinion, give LSU a run for their money. Not so much Ohio State though.
OU nor OSU beating LSU

7 days ago '04        #152
ghettofied 
space
space
Props total: 19931 19 K  Slaps total: 4550 4 K
 4evaabso said
OU nor OSU beating LSU
Your defense is worse than OU’s. Plus, you don’t want to give Grinch and Riley a whole month to prepare for LSU’s Offense, and defense.

Grinch torched Texas’s offense to the tune of 9 sacks with two weeks to prepare.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #153
StateProperty88 
space
space
Props total: 15035 15 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
 4evaabso said
OU nor OSU beating LSU
i think osu would be favored if/when they play lsu. i think they should be and think the would win
+2   

7 days ago '18        #154
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 32995 32 K  Slaps total: 2675 2 K
 4evaabso said
OU nor OSU beating LSU
I actually think both of those scenarios are a toss-up. It'd come down to special teams, field position & mistakes.

But I'd add that OSU's defense (& pass rush) is, by far, levels above anything LSU has faced all season.

Fields & Dobbins would likely have a field day with LSU's defense.
+2   

7 days ago '18        #155
RDJordan5 
space
space
Props total: 412 412  Slaps total: 58 58
SB .680 #15 (-1)
My Bulldogs are gonna surprise a lot of people Saturday...first time we've been underdogs this season...I like our chances!
+1   

7 days ago '18        #156
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 32995 32 K  Slaps total: 2675 2 K
 RDJordan5 said
My Bulldogs are gonna surprise a lot of people Saturday...first time we've been underdogs this season...I like our chances!
Your defense is the key
+2   

7 days ago '07        #157
TH35 
space
space
Props total: 23467 23 K  Slaps total: 2761 2 K
 LicensedLegend said
Clemson, Utah, and Alabama all were getting the benefit of the doubt all while not beating any ranked teams. A part of me doesnít mind seeing OU lose next week because we all know whatís going to happen. Georgia beats LSU and both LSU and Georgia get in the playoffs, or Georgia loses and Utah gets the 4th spot. I just donít want to see OU get screwed. Just make the playoffs 8 teams if itís just going to be like this.
Dont sound defeated. If we win and Utah wins and Utah makes it... its whatever.
+2   

7 days ago '07        #158
TH35 
space
space
 RDJordan5 said
Offensively, I dont.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #159
StateProperty88 
space
space
Props total: 15035 15 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
 RDJordan5 said
LSU's defensive isnt that good, fromm is going to have opportunities, he rarely takes advantage of them...we'll see if he does on saturday

7 days ago '15        #160
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57800 57 K  Slaps total: 7546 7 K
 LicensedLegend said
And Baylor only lost to a team going into the playoffs whatís your point?
They didnít beat anyone.

7 days ago '19        #161
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 2168 2 K  Slaps total: 260 260
 Teddy KGB said

I wasn't misleading anything. I posted the AP poll as if it was the AP poll. I never represented it as the CFP poll. I put College Football rankings right at the top of the poll, exactly as it was cut and pasted from ESPN.
You posted it as if it mattered and you "smugly" posted it as if it marked a big jump by Florida (one spot?) that was what was misleading.

AND, let's not forget, you posted that poll quoting this post (by me):
 Mr Insecurity said
These arenít my ďpicksĒ, Iím predicting what the committee is going to do.

They have a history of deferring in favor of Alabama. I really think theyíll do it again this week.
Why would you link that poll with a post (from me) that clearly was talking about the committee rankings. That poll wasn't relevant and you tried to present it as if it was.

7 days ago '14        #162
4evaabso 
space
space
space
 ghettofied said
Your defense is worse than OUís. Plus, you donít want to give Grinch and Riley a whole month to prepare for LSUís Offense, and defense.

Grinch torched Texasís offense to the tune of 9 sacks with two weeks to prepare.
Nope

7 days ago '14        #163
4evaabso 
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said
LSU's defensive isnt that good, fromm is going to have opportunities, he rarely takes advantage of them...we'll see if he does on saturday
Laughable
+1   

7 days ago '15        #164
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 Mr Insecurity said
You posted it as if it mattered and you "smugly" posted it as if it marked a big jump by Florida (one spot?) that was what was misleading.

Why would you link that poll with a post (from me) that clearly was talking about the committee rankings. That poll wasn't relevant and you tried to present it as if it was.
I think you are speculating at my intent much too deeply. I was just pointing out that Florida was ahead of Alabama in the most recent poll. I didn’t have any malevolent intent behind it.
+1   

7 days ago '15        #165
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 Mr Insecurity said

Also, that smugness was just being happy that UF was ahead of Alabama finally. It wasnít directed at you.
+1   

7 days ago '07        #166
TH35 
space
space
 StateProperty88 said
Georgia better hope Swift has the game of his life, even though hes banged up. Pickens being suspended a half hurts too. I read something about how much worse Fromm is when Pickens and Cager are out. LSUs run defense isnt good but their secondary is healthier than it's been in a while. LSU by 3.
+1   

7 days ago '07        #167
TH35 
space
space
 4evaabso said
Nope
posts like this when facts are disputed, not opinions... make me ignore any thought a poster has ever..

7 days ago '14        #168
4evaabso 
space
space
space
 TH35 said
posts like this when facts are disputed, not opinions... make me ignore any thought a poster has ever..
Ignore away...
Like I could give two fu*ks about your response moving forward.....

Enjoy Christmas

6 days ago '04        #169
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29219 29 K  Slaps total: 7518 7 K
SB .1000 #99 (-12)
Alabama dropped to 12

+2   

6 days ago '19        #170
Black Soap 2 
space
space
Props total: 1862 1 K  Slaps total: 826 826
If the PAC 12 doesnít get in they are going to expand the Playoff to 5 teams and the 1 ranked team will get a Bye. But anyway I think UGA beats LSU. OU wins and the Utes win also. So the final four will be 1.Ohio State 2. Georgia 3.Clemson 4.LSU. LSU is 4 because they have ďbetter winsĒ than both the Sooners and the Utes.

Last edited by Black Soap 2; 12-03-2019 at 06:34 PM..

6 days ago '13        #171
najm1994 
space
space
Props total: 1042 1 K  Slaps total: 85 85
Georgia doesn’t have any offense to score against LSU .. LSU will crush Georgia

6 days ago '04        #172
ghettofied 
space
space
Props total: 19931 19 K  Slaps total: 4550 4 K
 Black Soap 2 said
If the PAC 12 doesnít get in they are going to expand the Playoff to 5 teams and the 1 ranked team will get a Bye. But anyway I think UGA beats LSU. OU wins and the Utes win also. So the final four will be 1.Ohio State 2. Georgia 3.Clemson 4.LSU. LSU is 4 because they have ďbetter winsĒ than both the Sooners and the Utes.
I think LSU wins, Oregon wins, and OU wins.
+1   

6 days ago '09        #173
TraV 
space
space
Props total: 3979 3 K  Slaps total: 502 502
1 of 1

Means none before & none to come

We're on to Wisconsin
+1   

6 days ago '09        #174
TraV 
space
space
Props total: 3979 3 K  Slaps total: 502 502
 TH35 said
Georgia better hope Swift has the game of his life, even though hes banged up. Pickens being suspended a half hurts too. I read something about how much worse Fromm is when Pickens and Cager are out. LSUs run defense isnt good but their secondary is healthier than it's been in a while. LSU by 3.

Georgia finna get shredded. Overrated a*s team shouldn't even be in the top 4. Teams with similar or "better" losses were bounced back way further than them with not a chance to climb back up to the top. That early 2000 Bama offense ain't gon cut it. Just like Harbaugh and Don Brown. Got elite defenses til they run into a buzzsaw and then can't keep up cuz their QB's a bum a*s fraud doing just enough to not throw the game away. That 3-4 game stretch he had toward the end of the year was pathetic on all accounts.

Gon' be between you all and Utah.

If yall squeak past Baylor
+1   

6 days ago '19        #175
Mr Insecurity  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 2168 2 K  Slaps total: 260 260
 Mr Insecurity said
I can't look past the "fact" that college football is a business. It's business model really relies on TV ratings. One easy way to drive traffic to a game is to pit two highly ranked teams against each other. For example, if you have #1 vs. #2 a bigger crowd is going to gather than if you have #17 vs. #18. Further, top five teams tend to get more attention.

So, I think that the committee is going to do what it can (within reason) to bunch the teams that are participating in conference championship games toward the top. That will benefit Oklahoma, Baylor and Utah--mostly--I think that the committee will keep them fairly highly ranked for this reason.
Looks like they did this....they even found a way to get Virginia into the Top 25. All of the combatants in the major conference championship games will be in the top 25.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Next Gen Launch Line-Up
43 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+18online now  14
Video inside Tow Truck Driver Making a Car Repo Goes Wrong in Memphis
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-41online now  11
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
193 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-44online now  8
South nigga apologizes for fucin up the new niggas. Fuc them south niggas
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy