Apr 8 - Peter Thiel: China Using Bitcoin as a ‘Financial Weapon’

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
51 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '11        #1
1230 page views
56 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 153914 153 K  Slaps total: 21567 21 K
Apr 8 - Peter Thiel: China Using Bitcoin as a ‘Financial Weapon’

Peter Thiel, billionaire venture capitalist, and PayPal co-founder advised the U.S. government to consider tighter regulations on cryptocurrencies.

Thiel made these comments after he expressing worry the Chinese are using bitcoin to corrode the U.S. financial system.

Bitcoin boogeyman

Thiel gave his more-than-skeptical sounding comments at a virtual roundtable for members of the Richard Nixon Foundation on April 7.

“Even though I’m a pro-crypto, pro-bitcoin maximalist person, I do wonder whether at this point, bitcoin should also be thought [of] in part as a Chinese financial weapon against the U.S,” said Thiel.

Thiel’s comment on the potential use of bitcoin as a “Chinese financial weapon” was followed by his forecast of its threat to fiat money and the U.S. dollar specifically.

This comes as China recently trialed its central bank-issued digital currency (CBDC). According to Thiel, this “internal stablecoin” will amount to nothing other than, “some sort of totalitarian measuring device”. However, he did urge U.S. policymakers to consider these crypto-forward moves from a geopolitical point of view.

Taking a stand

This is not the first time Thiel has leaned skeptical towards China. In late 2019, the venture capitalist repeatedly backed the San Francisco-based startup, Layer1. This was a bid to elevate the U.S. as a mining hotbed against the Chinese and its bitcoin mining monopoly.

Thiel isn’t the only one to take a stance against China’s potential intentions with digital currencies. Recently, celebrity investor and chairman of O’Shares ETFs, Kevin O’Leary, refused to accept any bitcoin mined in China.

Although O’Leary did not specifically call China’s crypto frenzy a threat to the U.S., he was sure to recall out the human rights abuses committed by China and its continuing trade war with the U.S.

Peter Thiel has a reputation for being a political firebrand. The ball is now the court of policymakers and legislators to decide how to proceed.

visit this link https://news.yahoo.com/pe .. 093000576.html
+4   

best
worst
56 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32306 32 K  Slaps total: 6308 6 K
Stop spreading propaganda
+13   

2 months ago '05        #3
Emperor85 
Props total: 14434 14 K  Slaps total: 4089 4 K
the US caught lacking on Bitcoin while the rest of the world was taking it serious and mining for Bitcoin
+21   

2 months ago '21        #4
MrDoubtfire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2523 2 K  Slaps total: 3019 3 K
This is pretty ballsy of a guy who's company he founded just started offering the ability to purchase crypto...wtf is in it for him
+11   

2 months ago '19        #5
pharoahX 
Props total: 3714 3 K  Slaps total: 327 327
slapped. The US doesn't need help fu*king up their financial system. House of cards imo but hey keep printing money and bailing out/undertaxing wealthy corporations.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #6
1Oh 
Props total: 34870 34 K  Slaps total: 1486 1 K
The world will move forward with or without the dinosaurs running America.
+12   

2 months ago '04        #7
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29366 29 K  Slaps total: 1420 1 K
 MrDoubtfire said
This is pretty ballsy of a guy who's company he founded just started offering the ability to purchase crypto...wtf is in it for him
 d.c. supreme said
yeah thiel might as well be part of the department of defense at this point. the guy who invented the occulus rift palmer luckey got kicked out by zuckerberg when facebook bought it because of his trump fandom like thiel so thiel scooped him up and they're doing drones for the DoD now to combat chinese drones. palmer luckey's sister? ginger luckey who's currently engaged to matt gaetz another trump stan can't make this sh*t up.
kind of like elon musk he's basically a u.s. government contractor these days. i forgot to mention palantir another one of his companies which is contracted by the DoD too.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #8
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 16096 16 K  Slaps total: 9497 9 K
lol, his statement makes no sense at all.
You could literally say China and Russia are using gold and russia as a financial weapon. lol
+1   

2 months ago '18        #9
antisocial100 
Props total: 15901 15 K  Slaps total: 4610 4 K
Yo I’m tired of these old mfers. Like really get out of the way and let the youth /next generation make some change. These old mfers get wet dreams about writing down things with pen and sending mail to the post office
+2   

2 months ago '16        #10
Eastcoast 
Props total: 7794 7 K  Slaps total: 1933 1 K
Good time to have Black allies in other nations. Anyway, if you in the game and making bank, pay them taxes.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #11
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32105 32 K  Slaps total: 3465 3 K
 Emperor85 said
the US caught lacking on Bitcoin while the rest of the world was taking it serious and mining for Bitcoin
This. America is being run by old men that don't understand the future. America needs a president that's 37-45 ish next.
+5   

2 months ago '04        #12
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 29405 29 K  Slaps total: 7588 7 K
Bitcoin is a threat to fiat, but it's not China. That's just fear mongering with a scapegoat boogyman.

Many wars were started over the petrodollar. These dinosaurs can't adapt and fear losing control. But with Bitcoin, it's not losing control to China. It's losing control to We the People. Which is even more terrifying to them.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #13
skillahmang 
Props total: 47505 47 K  Slaps total: 9918 9 K
Wouldnt be surprised

China not playin fair

2 months ago '20        #14
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32306 32 K  Slaps total: 6308 6 K
Why is Uncle Sam or the man always stirring up shyt

2 months ago '20        #15
CopyCat 
Props total: 7346 7 K  Slaps total: 798 798
That's how Modern White Supremacy works Mr. Peter Thiel.
Using money as weapon means keeping people you don't like in abject poverty while and exploit them perpetually. Or the Rich getting richer while the poor miserable Blacks are incarcerated in permanent poverty. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn than China is using bitcoin as a weapon because you (the West) taught how to do it and you're just mad now that it's someone non-White who's doing it.

Last edited by CopyCat; 04-08-2021 at 02:43 PM..

2 months ago '04        #16
datboy|e 
Props total: 17069 17 K  Slaps total: 5706 5 K
 CopyCat said
That's how Modern White Supremacy Mr. Peter Thiel.
Using money as weapon means keeping people you don't like in abject poverty while and exploit them perpetually. Or the Rich getting richer while the poor miserable Blacks are incarcerated in permanent poverty. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn than China is using bitcoin as a weapon because you (the West) taught how to do it and you're just mad now that it's someone non-White who's doing it.
Sound like a true broken broke man
+1   

2 months ago '07        #17
GrezyNclean  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3900 3 K  Slaps total: 475 475
 DavidTheMan said
lol, his statement makes no sense at all.
You could literally say China and Russia are using gold and russia as a financial weapon. lol
I dunno about gold but it's been proven both countries use American real estate, social media, debt, and our own currency as financial weapons against us.

With that being said as a big bitcoin supporter he's right, the US dollar is the dominant force and pushing people away from it to ANYTHING ELSE weakens us so makes sense

2 months ago '12        #18
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51987 51 K  Slaps total: 7982 7 K
America should start mining it full time because he ain’t lying China definitely is doing it full throttle. But we’re China’s number one trade partner so if Americans helping China get rich is a threat to America we shouldn’t be trading with them or letting mega conglomerates set up shops out their like Nike and apple etc
+2   

2 months ago '17        #19
DavidTheMan 
 GrezyNclean said
I dunno about gold but it's been proven both countries use American real estate, social media, debt, and our own currency as financial weapons against us.

With that being said as a big bitcoin supporter he's right, the US dollar is the dominant force and pushing people away from it to ANYTHING ELSE weakens us so makes sense
No it hasn't been proven. lol.
the mismanagement of the dollar by the Fed reserve pushes people away from the dollar, not alternatives.

2 months ago '20        #20
CopyCat 
Props total: 7346 7 K  Slaps total: 798 798
 datboy|e said
Sound like a true broken broke man
I'm talking about how the West unfairly uses the monetary system to attack countries it disagrees with. For example, I hate how the United States gives loans to African countries only on the condition it has to pass LGBTQ legislation and if those countries don't America refuses Aid.
What does pushing homos*xuality have to do with helping the undeveloped world and why does America only help unless if you accept homos*xuality??
It's White Supremacy vs The Yellow Superpower so I really don't care who wins or loses.

Last edited by CopyCat; 04-08-2021 at 02:54 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '15        #21
PolygonMafia 
Props total: 13655 13 K  Slaps total: 1145 1 K
 Emperor85 said
I wouldn’t be too sure about them missing the boat..

The alphabet boys have sh*tloads of confiscated crypto. Like waaaay more than they let on. Probably used as a black-area slush fund. Why waste time mining it when you can just steal it from all the people in your prison state?
+2   

2 months ago '04        #22
Burym3ag 
Props total: 2122 2 K  Slaps total: 214 214
Sometimes I think, who owns bitcoins. The value of bitcoins have shot up. but think about the guys who held it back then, criminals, shady people etc. Now their little bounty of coins is worth billions. It can be definitely used as a weapon if it goes central or certain places allow purchases. Someone with a lot of BTC can do damage in the world.

2 months ago '07        #23
GrezyNclean  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3900 3 K  Slaps total: 475 475
 DavidTheMan said
No it hasn't been proven. lol.
the mismanagement of the dollar by the Fed reserve pushes people away from the dollar, not alternatives.
Debt & US Dollar Example
Go watch To Big To Fail it explains how China owns tons of our debt. It's about the 2008 financial crisis

Real Estate Example (just one example) - hint Trump admin didn't stop it

Social Media
Russiagate obviously in 2016 with Facebook and Twitter. Don't think I need a link for that one
+1   

2 months ago '17        #24
DavidTheMan 
 GrezyNclean said
Debt & US Dollar Example
Go watch To Big To Fail it explains how China owns tons of our debt. It's about the 2008 financial crisis

Real Estate Example (just one example) - hint Trump admin didn't stop it

Social Media
Russiagate obviously in 2016 with Facebook and Twitter. Don't think I need a link for that one
China isn't even the US's biggest debt holder. China has also worked to move away from US bonds, ie US debt, at least starting 10 years ago because they know the US could easily screw them with that. On top of that, US debt held domestically is larger than US foreign debt in total. So the old ignorant fear mongering about the Chinese is just that, ignorant fear mongering.

lol, real estate doesn't negatively hurt the US, neither does social media.

smh, you seem to get all your talking points regarding the economy from MSM.

2 months ago '05        #25
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20663 20 K  Slaps total: 8385 8 K
 Xiox said
Stop spreading propaganda
You're a pro CCP b!tch stf down lil boy

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+54online now  21
Aaron Gordon
102 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+38online now  12
Video inside When Flexing your scam money on the gram goes wrong.
140 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-24online now  11
If I'm Jalen Rose, I am banging Maria Taylor
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+187online now  10
Guy loses over 100 lbs in 10 months, crazy transformation