Constructive Critique on new Joe Budden Pod right here

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '05        #1
1311 page views
36 comments

judono?  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4603 4 K  Slaps total: 1365 1 K
Constructive Critique on new Joe Budden Pod right here

Unbiased critique. I been watching since mal and rory first joined like what 5 years ago? Long time.

The problem right now is either ice or ish, not sure of dudes name—- but if im giving up the honest and constructive feedback that will help improve the show—- he needs to be talking like 50% less. Joe Budden should be driving the show. He is the star, he is the reason while everybody is up there. The audience is there to get Joe’s quirky takes and personality. The other fellas are the supporting cast, and that is a good role to play. I see why Joe be getting discouraged/ frustrated. And low key, Joe is actually tight at setting up the alley oop for the squad. The improvement that can be made is ish / ice need to fall back a little bit, and soak up Joe’s convo/ listen, let Joe get into his points and perspective a little bit more, and kinda finish some of his train of thought. Listen , marinate on the words a little bit more, and speak about 50% less, which will open up Joe a little bit more. The past 3 shows, it’s been like ish or ice, the main talkingist one, is jumping in way too early, and getting more mic time and driving opions more than the shows star, which is Joe. I get why Joe be getting flustered sometimes, and he has been cool about not being an a**hole, because yall are the homies. Parks always plays his role perfect. Mal used to be pretty perfect in his role, amd actually, when Joe , Rory, and Mal was in light hearted mode and positive vibing— at their best, the chemistry was perfect.

The new team is showing up, and everybody is seeming pretty cool and doing a pretty clean job. But if the new squad wants to really do a clean a*s job,
Let Joe run the offense and set everybody up to shine.

Savaughn on that first version of the show back without Mal and Rory was the best fill in. By the way. He is a good fit, he is cool on camera, and the dialog was solid.

I think there is room for everybody involved currently, plus rory and mal to be participating on the JBP podcast.

If somebody on here affiliated, DM me if you’d like.

Respect to everybody trying to do dope sh*t
peace
+6   

best
worst
36 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Big Bear 
Props total: 40559 40 K  Slaps total: 8733 8 K
The show is better with ice and ish

The uncle podcast
+30   

2 months ago '18        #3
S-Class 
Props total: 77420 77 K  Slaps total: 7289 7 K
 Big Bear said

The uncle podcast
The show is better when they ain’t pandering and saying bullsh*t to keep industry ties. I haven’t watched a full Ice and Ish episode but I’m guessing it’s better because they can say what they want because that’s not their gig

I’d completely convert to Gillie if they ain’t have guests every episode but at the same time I ain’t tryna hear Uncle energy all the time. We need a pod with some young n*ggas that’s saying whatever they want. Kinda like Joe nem use to be

Last edited by S-Class; 04-07-2021 at 01:54 PM..
+11   

2 months ago '06        #4
Clyde  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 37444 37 K  Slaps total: 5563 5 K
 Big Bear said

The uncle podcast
Facts.

Wasn't sure how I felt about all these old n*ggas but its a much better dynamic so far. Ice (the lightskinned dude? might have it wrong) much more interesting than whatever Rory and Mal have contributed.

I'll miss all the classic "Ayo" and "Pause" moments between Joe, Mal and Rory.
+5   

2 months ago '16        #5
Stark Richdale 
Props total: 5121 5 K  Slaps total: 349 349
OP made some great points. The podcast could actually just be Joe and his rotating group of friends. I wouldnt listen but the die hards would.

I fux with Ice because he keeps it solid, the other dude Ish is eh and should talk the least.

Still cant believe they fumbled the bag like this.

How are all of you Patreon subscribers feeling?
+5   

2 months ago '20        #6
OhSoCalbo 
Props total: 3341 3 K  Slaps total: 2985 2 K
 Big Bear said

The uncle podcast
Here just for that! I really enjoy them n*ggas being gone
+3   

2 months ago '05        #7
judono?  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 4603 4 K  Slaps total: 1365 1 K
Ya man. It’s no hate. Ish and ice seem cool. Savaughn is a good fit on there based off that one episode.

Mal and rory with parks in the back playing that 6th man of the year is a championship squad when they are all on their game tho
+1   

2 months ago '06        #8
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 149670 149 K  Slaps total: 15495 15 K
Nah I fu*k with mal and rory.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #9
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 69507 69 K  Slaps total: 14129 14 K
 Big Bear said

The uncle podcast
Y'all gonna get tired of them then ask for Rory and Mal back
Fickle fans love something new but will always be fickle

2 months ago '10        #10
MIDUFINGACEO 
Props total: 3257 3 K  Slaps total: 430 430
 judono? said
Unbiased critique. I been watching since mal and rory first joined like what 5 years ago? Long time.

The problem right now is either ice or ish, not sure of dudes name—- but if im giving up the honest and constructive feedback that will help improve the show—- he needs to be talking like 50% less. Joe Budden should be driving the show. He is the star, he is the reason while everybody is up there. The audience is there to get Joe’s quirky takes and personality. The other fellas are the supporting cast, and that is a good role to play. I see why Joe be getting discouraged/ frustrated. And low key, Joe is actually tight at setting up the alley oop for the squad. The improvement that can be made is ish / ice need to fall back a little bit, and soak up Joe’s convo/ listen, let Joe get into his points and perspective a little bit more, and kinda finish some of his train of thought. Listen , marinate on the words a little bit more, and speak about 50% less, which will open up Joe a little bit more. The past 3 shows, it’s been like ish or ice, the main talkingist one, is jumping in way too early, and getting more mic time and driving opions more than the shows star, which is Joe. I get why Joe be getting flustered sometimes, and he has been cool about not being an a**hole, because yall are the homies. Parks always plays his role perfect. Mal used to be pretty perfect in his role, amd actually, when Joe , Rory, and Mal was in light hearted mode and positive vibing— at their best, the chemistry was perfect.

The new team is showing up, and everybody is seeming pretty cool and doing a pretty clean job. But if the new squad wants to really do a clean a*s job,
Let Joe run the offense and set everybody up to shine.

Savaughn on that first version of the show back without Mal and Rory was the best fill in. By the way. He is a good fit, he is cool on camera, and the dialog was solid.

I think there is room for everybody involved currently, plus rory and mal to be participating on the JBP podcast.

If somebody on here affiliated, DM me if you’d like.

Respect to everybody trying to do dope sh*t
peace
its gonna happen bro once you get that first episode love on social media you wanna run the show remember these 40+ year old dudes trying to remain "cool" rory is the biggest threat because of youth these dudes still brag about fu*king 21 year olds like no one else can lol
+2   

2 months ago '12        #11
Tron Carter 
Props total: 5342 5 K  Slaps total: 269 269
the last few episodes been really good. Ice is great cause he’s not protecting any ties. Ice said he not tryna hear Fab today and played “Who I Smoke” as his sleeper Ish is getting better too.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #12
goodi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7028 7 K  Slaps total: 1665 1 K
Another joe thread? The fu*ken show is TRASH.

Always was and always will be.

Move on.

2 months ago '04        #13
mista_millz 
Props total: 5244 5 K  Slaps total: 863 863
 OhSoCalbo said
Here just for that! I really enjoy them n*ggas being gone
Mal aint saying sh*t and Joe doesnt respect Rory.
How many times can a redheaded irish man can take being told to shut up in a 3 hour span?

2 months ago '19        #14
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39924 39 K  Slaps total: 7374 7 K
Yeah but the thing is that Joe screwed himself by being the face of the brand, You can't be named 'Joe Budden Network' and NOT have Joe Budden on the 'parent' podcasts; Its like O Network not having Oprah included in everything they do.

I think Joe should've renamed his network and then have his podcast under said network while then expanding the other podcasts such as 'the thing is...' etc. I see that Joe is letting Ish & Ice do their thing as a way to get them introduced to the public so that they then can launch their own podcast presumably together.

Also what sucks about naming everything after yourself is that it goes both ways, Sure people will tune in to you but corporations will easily dismiss you as well given your past antics; Overall its a poor business decision imho but i also agree with most of what you said.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #15
Black Larry 
Props total: 13790 13 K  Slaps total: 1215 1 K
I disagree with OP. I'm liking the show a bit better. I really feel like they industry ties them not giving it up hurts. Been a fan since some of the earlier I'll name this podcast later days.

They had found a stride around the Spotify days. I would take Mal and Rory back. But they would have to fix some things and give it up like they did before.

Mal and rory may need a recharge but this is cool for now.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #16
Mindgawn 
Props total: 1730 1 K  Slaps total: 302 302
Man fux that....
Joe should have told them it was an interview then.
I was proud at the conversation with the Money Man Stoute... get quite cause a man with bread in the room...fux that...

2 months ago '06        #17
Big Bear 
Props total: 40559 40 K  Slaps total: 8733 8 K
 FrivolousSports said
Y'all gonna get tired of them then ask for Rory and Mal back
Fickle fans love something new but will always be fickle
Which one are you

Mal or Rory?
+2   

2 months ago '09        #18
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42232 42 K  Slaps total: 7896 7 K
Show has been better except for the sleepers
+1   

2 months ago '12        #19
JonNYBlake 
Props total: 5085 5 K  Slaps total: 193 193
It's not terrible, they just gotta stop talking over each other

2 months ago '04        #20
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16984 16 K  Slaps total: 2619 2 K
Joe budden is perhaps my favorite rapper, it's like a tie between him thought and nas, I have not once looked at the podcast, not because I don't respect Joe's opinions, I just don't have time to listen to what I already probably feel for the time the pod is on. Joe Budden is a savant and he generates capital no matter where. He and his pod will be fine
-formerly broke rapper, now mid class guy who raps occasionally

2 months ago '15        #21
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 4868 4 K  Slaps total: 1110 1 K
I find it funny joe used to k*ll trains. Him Rory and mal. Now he got his real friends on the show and ish giving it up. Joe tryna avoid it but he know the sh*t funny asl so he keep it going. I fu*k wit these new n*ggas lol
+3   

2 months ago '15        #22
Brewklyner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19781 19 K  Slaps total: 5719 5 K
Dam Mal rly sticking w Rory is a dumb move. Rory ain’t his bi*ch lmao
+1   

2 months ago '07        #23
kidmakaveli 
Props total: 2253 2 K  Slaps total: 505 505
 Brewklyner said
Dam Mal rly sticking w Rory is a dumb move. Rory ain’t his bi*ch lmao
Nah it’s smart

If Joe treats Rory like that Mal knows he’s next

2 months ago '08        #24
wise2k2 
Props total: 377 377  Slaps total: 34 34
 Sleezymcman said
I find it funny joe used to k*ll trains. Him Rory and mal. Now he got his real friends on the show and ish giving it up. Joe tryna avoid it but he know the sh*t funny asl so he keep it going. I fu*k wit these new n*ggas lol
Facts it flows better. Rory is like 25 and has been and seen it all. Anything Joe puts out there Rory hits him with "ya Me and my man's been doing that....."
+1   

2 months ago '17        #25
BlackGod 
Props total: 17927 17 K  Slaps total: 3671 3 K
 Big Bear said

The uncle podcast
 S-Class said
The show is better when they ain’t pandering and saying bullsh*t to keep industry ties. I haven’t watched a full Ice and Ish episode but I’m guessing it’s better because they can say what they want because that’s not their gig

I’d completely convert to Gillie if they ain’t have guests every episode but at the same time I ain’t tryna hear Uncle energy all the time. We need a pod with some young n*ggas that’s saying whatever they want. Kinda like Joe nem use to be
I remember back in the day, one of my favorite episodes was right after Marissa got fired and Ice was on there, it was the first episode they had that was damn near 4 hours and it was quality the whole time.

I eventually stopped listening because Joe and Rory were in relationships and couldn't tell any good stories, and all of them were being scared to state any opinion because their connections.

If they keep Ice and other dude on there I might actually have to listen to the podcast again.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  215
this has to be the most run-down neighborhood in Atlanta
107 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  16
Image(s) inside 24 Boxden liberals arrested during pride celebration in Portland Oregon
124 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  9
Video inside Jun 11 - Women pissed off men are still catcalling them even while wear..
285 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Jun 12 - 13 injured in downtown Austin, Texas shooting early Saturday
44 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy