Unpopular Opinions

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 5356 5356
 OnlyOriginality said:
Chicago is jackin Atlanta's swag when it comes to hip hop

All the old kings (and "hip hop heads") need to realize hip hop is gonna change

"gangsta rap" was never detrimental to rap or the our people, the lack of other sub-genres (thanks to the devils who bought our music) is the cause for the decline in quality

The south is the longest reigning region when it comes to who's holdin it down

The integration of our culture with mainstream is destroying our culture slowly

no it isnt NY had the game on smash for awhile .. I'm not even a coast dude , but let's keep it 100 ...
 5 years ago '12        #122
ddoucette214 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,263 | Props total: 139 139
 Crookz said:
Drake is actually talented and almost all of us can actually relate to his music whereas guys like 2chainz, meek mill (who are nothing special musically) get praised while 99.9999999999% never seen a kilo or driven a murcielago

The Marshall mathers lp is not eminem's best album

Big l is overrated

Beyonce isn't one of the hottest chicks ever. I see flyer women daily here in NY

I don't care how OD the a.ss is Serena is ugly as fu*k

French Montana is one of the best hook writers right now even though he's trash as a rapper

Ghostface has the most consistent discography in rap

Black thought is a great lyricist but is boring and would be nobody if the roots were just a couple mc's and no band

Everything DMX dropped after his first 2 was horrible

FACT Jay didn't want any part of big pun but he's in the goat discussion? Smh

Basedgods beat selection and song concepts are better than most rappers today

The rap fans of today who praise rakim, krs one and masta ace only listen to them cuz other rappers praise them and they're usually white hip-hop elitists

Cam was straight swagger jacking ghostface during the purple haze era

Lupe is overrated and a pseudo revolutionary who is obsessed with jap culture and is looking for acceptance from white people

please explain
 5 years ago '07        #123
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
Musically, Nas is ahead of Jay and everyone else from that era right now.
Canibus won the battle but LL won the war.
Jay is overall the greatest of all time.
Jay drops gems and has more substance than what people give him credit for due to his flossy image.
Jay takes more musical risk than what people like to give him credit for.
Didn't like Blueprint in 2001 because I felt his flow fell off, still don't listen to it that much til this day. Reasonable Doubt, Black Album and American Gangster are my favorite Jay albums.
Didn't get the hype over Get Rich or Die Trying in 03 and I still don't in 2012, but it is 50's best mainstream album.
Rick Ross is dope but his hype is forced.
Rhianna is another one who was forced down our throats (Pause).
Em has the best flow in the game, mainstream wise.
Beyonce's singing voice isn't all that great to me, but she has great writers.
Andre 3000 has never had a wack verse, probably one of the most talented dudes in Hip Hop.
Kendrick Lamar and Big Krit are the best two artist out right now.
Take Care was a good album and people were nitpicking at the singing aspect of it.
Take Care is the best album to come from Young Money (assuming Carter 2 wasn't realesed on Young Money).
Drake can actually rap.
Tupac is the most misunderstood figure in hiphop.
Tupac and Biggie would've fallen off by now..........just like every other rapper in history.
Pac was larger than life, intelligent and stood for alot but he died over something petty (showing Suge and his boy's that he was still loyal and not above riding for his homies/label.)
Pac had no inhibitions and sense of caution (wreckless) and would've eventually been k!lled by someone else or sent to prison, he would've became a larger movement due to his heavy fan support.
Had Biggie never gotten shot in LA, and lived to be Jay's age, he would be getting the exact same hate and conspiracy theories and they would say "Man Jay was underrated. ("look at all the 666 clothing he wore and the blasphemous lyrics"man Big is a snake he set up Tupac and told us two years prior with Ready to Die realesed on Sept 13, 1994, Pac died on Sept 13, 1996". Man Big fell out Jr. Mafia, Pac, Craig Mack and Puffy, made Lil Kim get an abortion.....show's what kind of person he is." "He has no substance, all he talks about is robbing and selling crack."). Big died while he was still in his golden period, his death made him forever un-hateable. (i.e. had Nas died right before It Was Written was realeased, or 50 Cent dying right before the realese of the Massacre).

Last edited by A-L-P; 07-24-2012 at 09:25 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #124
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 432 432
I guess I'll post my unpopular opinions.

1) Tupac was good but not the best.
2) Beyonce's music is a bit overrated.
3) Aaliyah was my favorite singer but she is hyped up to much when she was and still is not near G.O.A.T. status. Oh and she never could sing.
4) I always thought Ja Rule's music was good before and after people jumped on 50 cent attack Ja bandwagon.
5) I wish Hip-Hop would get back to its roots.
6) New York needs to face the facts that NY Hip-Hop sucks right now and its all our fault.
 5 years ago '11        #125
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 432 432
Oh I forgot to add that Jay-Z been surpass Biggie as one of the greatest.
 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM         #126
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here goes mine-don't shoot me lol

1.I think Joe Budden is overrated,not wack but definitely on the high level his Stans put him on.
2.Neither is Lil' Wayne, stopped being decent since the Carter I & Carter II
3. After all the buzz and hype, 2 Chainz is going to flop.
4. Cam'ron became wack after Come Home With Me.
5. Ludacris needs to hang it up, and stick to acting in Fast and Furious movies.
And the last and most damning-6. Big was better than Pac in terms of skill, delivery, lyrics, and the ability to tell stories, switch styles, freestyle, and the only reason that people put Pac over Big is either simply out of sheer hating or because he put out more material which most of which if he would have been alive those same people would have been calling it wack or struggle a.ss music.
 5 years ago '10        #127
ImSoThoed 418 heat pts418
space
space
$1,901 | Props total: 20 20
Had Biggie not died, he more than likely would have sold out with Puffy.
 5 years ago '04        #128
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 289 289
TI is an average rapper and is soft

Ludacris is boring and uneventful

Lauryn Hill is the best female rapper ever

Lloyd Bank$ then > PLK now

Busta Rhymes goes hard on alot of tracks

Rappers are stupid for the simple verbal mistakes they make on tracks without correcting them

Drake is some kinda f*ggot

50 Cent is now boring and is some kinda f*ggot lover on the low (he always defends them (mr Cee etc etc)

Funk Flexxx is a d!ckrider

P Diddy is a battyman

Bone Thugs & Harmony are one of the best rap groups

2pac + Biggie = GOAT

Nicki Minaj is trash most of the time

Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa, Lupe Fiasco are weirdos

By the way wtf is Lupe talking about kick push kick push wtf smh

Rick Ross is a disgrace

Game is the westside version of Rick Ross (liar, story teller etc etc)

Ashanti looked wierd to me when she first came out

Best member of wu-tang was method man

Ice Cube is a pus*y

Snoop dogg needs to go eat some food
 5 years ago '12        #129
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,128 | Props total: 15806 15806
My turn:

Takeover was better than Ether (Jay came with facts, Nas came with schoolyard insults)

Em definitely had the better verse on Renegade, but Jay's verse is sooooo underrated. One of his best.

Kanye has never made a bad album.

Odd Future is talented as hell.

Tyler the Creator's Bastard is a classic

TDE >>>> YMCMB, GOOD, MMG

50 Cent is done

MBDTF is a masterpiece and is one of the greatest albums ever made, not just hip hop, in music history.

Frank Ocean >>> The Weeknd. And when it's all said and done Frank will be known as this eras Prince.

Tyler, the Creator is one of the most talented dudes in the game

Big Sean is k!llin the game right now. His verse on Burn >>>

Eminem has 3 classics (Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP and the Eminem Show)

Tha Carter II sucked

Childish Gambino is dope

Lil B the BasedGod is a marketing genius and his beat selection is top notch

DMX's It's Dark and Hell Is Hot Intro is the greatest intro of all time. The Dynasty Intro by Jay is a very close second.

Nicki Minaj's verse on Monster is wayyy overrated

Jay Electronica's Exhibit C is one of the greatest hip hop songs ever written

NO RAPPERS are in the Illuminati

Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper doin it right now. And Ignorance is Bliss is his best song.

Detox will be released one day.

Pharell and the Neptunes saved Snoop from being irellevant

Yes, Jay is top 10 all time. And has 4 classics. Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, The Black Album & American Gangster

Drake is a dope rapper. Take Care was 4 mics.

Andre 3000's verse on International Players Anthem is one of the top 10 verses of all time. sh*t is genius.

Yes Biggie was better lyrically, but Pac's (who was a GREAT rapper) impact was bigger than hip hop. Rappers today still try to find a way to make an impact like him. They teach college course on him. That man could've ran for President. Plus he had classic albums. Thus, Pac being the GOAT.

Kush and Orange Juice is one of the greatest mixtapes ever.

Cole World: The Sideline Story is an above average album.

Kanye West is a musical genius. When's he's done he will be up there with Bowie, Bob Dylan, The Beatles...appreciate him now...

Biggie WAS talking about Pac in Who Shot Ya. No matter how much he denied it.

Hit Em Up is the greatest diss of all time. Pac literally destroyed the entire fu*kin East Coast.
"fu*k Bad Boy as a staff, record label and a as a muthafu*kin crew and if you wanna be down with Bad Boy then fu*k you too" sh*t gets me everytime

A Tribe Called Quest is mad underrated. 2nd Greatest group after OutKast.

50 SINGLE HANDIDLY k!lled Ja Rule's career.

Puffy is the biggest snake in the music industry, but he's a marketing wizard.

Nate Dogg was/is the best hook man in hip hop history.

Andre 3000 is top ten all time and has never made written a bad verse.

The West will run hip hop over the next 15 years

Changes by Pac is the greatest hip hop song EVER. PERIOD. Seriously go listen to that sh*t and tell me you don't feel somethin inside. (sorry, i know opinions)

Kendrick Lamar's major label debut debut COULD be Illmatic like. He has the potential to pull it off.

If Max B didn't go to jail, he would be what 2 Chaniz is now.

OutKast put out 4 straight classics and their 5th went DIAMOND.

During that 98 - 02 period. NOBODY and i repeat NOBODY could fu*k with Eminem on the mic. Put up your best rapper and he would've slaughtered him on the mic. Em was just in a zone. Dude was that good.

Finally, In about 20 years if he's still going and is still relevant......we will consider Joey Bada$$'s 1999 a classic and compare it to Illmatic.

Last edited by CosbySweater; 07-25-2012 at 09:14 PM..
 07-25-2012, 09:43 PM         #130
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay really is a satanist.

Drake is dope.
 5 years ago '09        #131
59fifty 
space
space
$22,721 | Props total: 10166 10166
Nas is great at pickin beatz

Gunit now>>>03 gunit

Midnight maruaders>illmatic

Alchemist best producer

Hip hop aint dead

Only ross bangers r da smooth,laid back jawnz

not a drake fan but homie got skillz on da mic

Fif can spit

Roddy n dza r da most slept on emcees right now

Doom is the most slept on mc eva

Nas verse on lifes a bi*ch>az's

Album wise 2012 can match up w/ any year u say was da best in hiphop

Rae from 09 to now > rae in wutz considered his prime

I dnt understands the swizz hate...imo he gt better since da RR days, his sounded da same n alotta em was corny

I give mmlp da nod,but tbh shady doesnt have a classic album

I hate diggy but for some reason i can listen to cpy/paste me all day

I dont rank artists n albumz anymore, n i dnt hate, i just enjoy da music
 5 years ago '10        #132
ImSoThoed 418 heat pts418
space
space
$1,901 | Props total: 20 20
Let's keep this thread going mayne.
 5 years ago '09        #133
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8876 8876
 CheezyDoDo said:
Jae Millz can make good music
Fabolous is one of the best lyricist
Wale's Ambition is damn near a classic
Drake's Take Care is a classic

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #134
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8876 8876
GFK is top 5 Doa and 1 of the most consistent rappers off alltime, Kurupt in his prime is better than Prodigy in his prime
Raekwon is a great rapper
 5 years ago '12        #135
ddoucette214 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,263 | Props total: 139 139
Nas should make more songs over trap beats (no, seriously), cuz Quick 2 back down was >>>>>
 5 years ago '11        #136
Kalifornicated 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 166 166
Most of that "real hiphop" sh*t that you n*ggas like bragging about listening to is boring as fu*k, no matter how lyrical.
 07-29-2012, 12:10 AM         #137
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the knicks are a good team
 07-29-2012, 12:28 AM         #138
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Underground Music is infinitely better, rawer, and purer than anything on the radio or attached to major distribution. This includes Nas
 5 years ago '07        #139
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
New Orleans had one of the best runs in hip hop history.
 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM         #140
Analytical One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
-Jay-Z is top five in every category ranging from subject matter, to lyricism, to delivery, etc.

-Jay Electronica is P4P (boxing/MMA terminology) the greatest and most skilled rapper ever, and if he doesn't release a studio album it will be the biggest robbery in hip-hop history. (Exceeding B.I.G.'s death when he was about to reach his prime.)

-The Alchemist is the most overrated producer of all time and apart from a few solid beats here and there (most of which came earlier in his career), he's never been a 'mind-blowingly' great producer.

-Eminem is only regarded as a great/skilled rapper because of his rhyme schemes, apart from that he's never been great in regard to his storytelling skills nor is a master of poetical devices like rappers like Jay-Z and Jay Electronica.

-Lupe Fiasco could've been the greatest rapper ever if he'd continued to release music akin to that he made on "Lupe Fiasco's The Cool".

-People only regard Slick Rick as "the greatest storyteller of all time" because it's been a claim pushed onto people of the 1980s who grew up listening to his music, as there are far greater storytellers, such as Andre 3000, K-Rino, Jay-Z, Ghostface k!llah, Common, etc.

-2Pac's impact on hip-hop was mostly negative and his worldwide influence has been largely overestimated. For the most part the only people I see offline that seem to be influenced by 2Pac are "wiggers".

-Oh, and the beef 2Pac initiated with B.I.G. robbed the hip-hop of some of the greatest music ever.

-Wu-Tang Clan are the most overrated group of all time. They've been riding the coattails of the success of "Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)" for their whole career.

-Flockaveli by Waka Flocka Flame is one of the best produced albums ever. (Regardless of genre.)

-The Blueprint by Jay-Z is the best hip-hop album of all time.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy