Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #201
jvee 1 heat pts
space
space
$867 | Props total: 228 228
^^

yup felt the same way, about the usage of the word...it was even less than expected, i thought they would go ham on that sh*t.

hahahah but now i can see what jamie foxx meant in the interviews about leo was feeling awkward using that word all the time hahaha

the short scene with franco nero (the real django) was dope too

Last edited by jvee; 01-06-2013 at 03:50 AM..
 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM         #202
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
loved this movie as well as any tarintino flick...people on bx made it seemed like the n word was flung around every other word lol...imo I thought it was used right in context and how they conveyed it...

the soundtrack ...instacop on bluray for me...only other movie I'll see are the hobbit, this is 40 and the great gatxsby...don't know what other releases are coming out

Last edited by Shakezula714; 01-06-2013 at 05:40 PM..
 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM         #203
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Patrick Galooly said:
No I'm saying he didn't take it nearly as far with inglorious basterds because he knows not to fu*k with jews. That's why the worst thing to happen to jews in inglorious basterds is being called a jewish dog. Whereas in django blacks are ripped apart and bombarded with racial slurs. Tarentino knows 100+ jewish racial slurs= last movie I'll ever make. Whereas 100+ black racial slurs = I'll need a bag to carry all the awards they're going to give me.
The entire opening scene of Basterds is Hans Landa thoroughly describing Jews as a subhuman species...

And then the firing squad does their thing.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 01-06-2013 at 07:10 PM..
 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM         #204
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good movie. fu*ked up how they had the Mandingo bashed in the head with a hammer and the other tore apart by the dogs. Really aint give no fu*ks ab the N word being used as long as all the racist muthafu*kas using it got k!lled in the end including Samuel L.
 5 years ago '10        #205
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
 Shakezula714 said:
the soundtrack

[video - click to view]

Seriously though...the soundtrack was just as dope as the movie. Made the scenes that much better.
 5 years ago '05        #206
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5118 5118
One of the best fu*king movies have seen in years... Original script too, shiit was refreshing. I wish more writers would create masterpieces like this.

REAL NIGGRS SHIIT!

Movie made me proud to be a NIGGR.
 5 years ago '12        #207
The Consultant 367 heat pts367
space
space
$25,266 | Props total: 30266 30266
I cant lie ... I thought the movie was good but it wasn't nothing mind blowing to me like a lot of the reviews are giving it.

Thought it could/should've been shorter. It def had some pretty hilarious moments! I mean it wasn't bad at all but it was nothing spectacular.
 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM         #208
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought the movie was great. Honestly, it was an awesome movie with a great dialogue. And as far as the N word is concern? What the fu*k do some of you expected? White people weren't calling black people blacks let along African Americans or Negro during those times. Hell, do people forget that they weren't even consider human and dogs were treated a lot better than a black person, so this should it been expected. To be honest, I expected to be a lot worse, which it wasn't. In a sense... The white dudes got it worse than the blacks in level of violence. (except the dog scene)

The only things that threw me off was first... Rick Ross. His fat a.ss should it never been close to that movie, even in a song. Also, throwing Tupac in there was unnecessary. Matter fact... The soundtrack or song selection of the film was sh*tty, so I hope that for his next project he sticks to picking great songs than having musicians making music cater to his film. One thing that I love about Quentin Tarantino movies is the song selection, because it clearly matches the moods but also adds substance to the film, but unfortunately, that was missing on this film. There's a reason why he doesnt like working with current musicians to be involved on his films and i can see that now, so i hope that doesn't happen again. But overall awesome fu*king movie!
 5 years ago '10        #209
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
 bigbarcelona said:
The only things that threw me off was first... Rick Ross. His fat a.ss should it never been close to that movie, even in a song. Also, throwing Tupac in there was unnecessary. Matter fact... The soundtrack or song selection of the film was sh*tty, so I hope that for his next project he sticks to picking great songs than having musicians making music cater to his film. One thing that I love about Quentin Tarantino movies is the song selection, because it clearly matches the moods but also adds substance to the film, but unfortunately, that was missing on this film. There's a reason why he doesnt like working with current musicians to be involved on his films and i can see that now, so i hope that doesn't happen again. But overall awesome fu*king movie!
Hold up...

You're telling me that the soundtrack sucked...?

I (and everyone else) agree with the whole Rick Ross issue. But if you're gonna sit there and tell me that excluding him the soundtrack sucked...

[pic - click to view]

Allow me to include a few examples of the amazing soundtrack:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

The songs fit the tone and mood of the film perfectly.

Last edited by ecomog; 01-06-2013 at 11:26 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #210
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 Cheeze said:
trust me man it doesn't matter when it comes out you'll wanna see it again IMO
fu*k yeah! I just can't wait! I got 3 weeks to go until it comes out I'm not downloading the screener I'm seeing this sh*t at the movies!!! and I would must likely see it twice!
 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM         #211
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ecomog said:
Hold up...

You're telling me that the soundtrack sucked...?

I (and everyone else) agree with the whole Rick Ross issue. But if you're gonna sit there and tell me that excluding him the soundtrack sucked...

[pic - click to view]

Allow me to include a few examples of the amazing soundtrack:

The songs fit the tone and mood of the film perfectly.
I don't think you understood my last post or maybe I wasn't clears... Those songs were fine to me, I was referring to those current artists that their songs were used throughout the film. For instance, there was some song that they kept playing from John Legend that quite frankly threw me the fu*k off. Love his music, but his work should it been rejected out of the film as well.

It was good yes... But again, it would been flawless if they would it kept those current artist or rappers off the soundtrack of the film.

ALSO LOVE THE GIF FROM TOBIAS ON AD. FUNNY a.ss EPISODE!
 5 years ago '04        #212
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 bigbarcelona said:
The only things that threw me off was first... Rick Ross. His fat a.ss should it never been close to that movie, even in a song. Also, throwing Tupac in there was unnecessary. Matter fact... The soundtrack or song selection of the film was sh*tty, so I hope that for his next project he sticks to picking great songs than having musicians making music cater to his film. One thing that I love about Quentin Tarantino movies is the song selection, because it clearly matches the moods but also adds substance to the film, but unfortunately, that was missing on this film. There's a reason why he doesnt like working with current musicians to be involved on his films and i can see that now, so i hope that doesn't happen again.

:c monson3:

First off, Quentin Tarantino didn't say he doesn't like working with current musicians, he said he doesn't like hiring one person to write an entire original score in fear that he will end up not liking it. It has nothing to do with "current" musicians because Tarantino has said in interviews that it doesn't matter what period the music comes from , it he feels it fits and works with the scene he's gonna use it.

Second, the soundtrack and songs picked to be played in the film were phucking brilliant, it shows why Tarantino has such a ingeniously intuitive sense of what works. You said you like him picking great songs instead of having artists create original music for the movie but isn't that what he did with the Tupac record and you still didn't like it ??? At the end of the day he still picked what he felt worked, it's not like he thought the Rick Ross song was out of place but still used it. He felt it worked great and so did damn near everyone else. There were a bunch of original songs submitted from other artists but were rejected including one from Frank Ocean that Tarantino loved but said it didn't fit anywhere in the movie. So it's not like he just accepted whatever, he truly felt these songs worked. He also went back and picked old vocals from a dead man who he didn't have to reject directly (Pac), that was non-original music, so he obviously really loved the songs he used.

You're actually the first person I heard say the musical selection sucked , the vast majority of people have been praising it. I've watched numerous reviews of the movie and white people who dont even listen to rap say they were shocked at how well the rap worked in the film. He's been applauded by many non rap fans of how well he picked those songs. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to just accept you're in the minority there, Critics loved it, the audience loved it, everyone in the theater whether black , white , asian, hispanic were all bobbing their heads to it when it came on so of course Tarantino is getting praised as a visionary once again.

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-08-2013 at 12:02 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #213
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
 bigbarcelona said:
I don't think you understood my last post or maybe I wasn't clears... Those songs were fine to me, I was referring to those current artists that their songs were used throughout the film. For instance, there was some song that they kept playing from John Legend that quite frankly threw me the fu*k off. Love his music, but his work should it been rejected out of the film as well.

It was good yes... But again, it would been flawless if they would it kept those current artist or rappers off the soundtrack of the film.
Here are the 4 current artist songs used in the film:
  • Anthony Hamilton/Elayna Boynton - Freedom
  • Rick Ross - 100 Black Coffins
  • James Brown/2pac - Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable)
  • John Legend - Who Did That To You?

Not a fan of the Ross song, but as an instrumental it would've been perfect. That the only song that I found slightly questionable. Every other song fit perfectly, but that's just my opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #214
IIBulletZ 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,019 | Props total: 112 112
Came out here yesterday, had to go of course and i loved it
 5 years ago '04        #215
IIBulletZ 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,019 | Props total: 112 112
Did anyone notice that they edited some scenes from the trailers?

I liked this scene in the trailer better than the one in the final cut, go to 1:28

Last edited by IIBulletZ; 01-19-2013 at 07:42 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago