83rd Academy Awards (Oscars) Discussion - Winners of the night

most viewed right now
 148
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 56
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #241
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 TH35 said:
I got what he was saying. In some aspects it is. He's capable of much more than Batman. I do like his Batman films, but I'd love to see him go back to more original projects.
The Dark Knight is one of the best movies of the past decade.



Everything doesn't have to be original.
 7 years ago '07        #242
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Reppindaburghh said:
The Dark Knight is one of the best movies of the past decade.



Everything doesn't have to be original.
Obviously but at the same time ppl are like well he's getting snubbed for this and that. He won't win anything non technical w/ Batman. The Dark Knight isn't even Nolan's best movie.
 7 years ago '05        #243
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 TH35 said:
Obviously but at the same time ppl are like well he's getting snubbed for this and that. He won't win anything non technical w/ Batman. The Dark Knight isn't even Nolan's best movie.
Obviously The Dark Knight isn't Nolan's best movie. Also, I hardly believe he is anticipating getting a bunch of awards with the Batman movies. I don't see how him making movies not aimed at winning awards is a waste of talent, though.
 7 years ago '07        #244
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Reppindaburghh said:
Obviously The Dark Knight isn't Nolan's best movie. Also, I hardly believe he is anticipating getting a bunch of awards with the Batman movies. I don't see how him making movies not aimed at winning awards is a waste of talent, though.
Of course he's not anticipating winning a bunch of awards w/ the Batman franchise which actually feeds into my point. He's capable of more than Batman, its true (Memento, The Prestige, Inception, etc...) and I'm sure he knows that. So, yes in some cases its a waste of talent. Its not about awards its about making original films. Saying that everything doesn't have to be original about a director like Nolan is like a slap in the face. Why would good directors want to do things that have already been done? Why do you think he happy he finally got to do Inception? I'm actually glad he did the Batman films because the studio knows whatever original projects he decides to do in the future he can. They'll back him up because he made them a lot of money.


Last edited by TH35; 03-01-2011 at 12:46 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #245
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 TH35 said:
Of course he's not anticipating winning a bunch of awards w/ the Batman franchise which actually feeds into my point. He's capable of more than Batman, its true (Memento, The Prestige, Inception, etc...) and I'm sure he knows that. So, yes in some cases its a waste of talent. Its not about awards its about making original films. Saying that everything doesn't have to be original about a director like Nolan is like a slap in the face.
Nolan wants to make entertaining films first and foremost, in my opinion. Obviously he wants some awards along the line, but I see nothing wrong with him just making movies that are entertaining every now and again. Thats hardly a waste of talent, in my opinion. Not sure how thats a slap in the face to a guy like Nolan. Like I said, The Dark Knight was a GREAT movie, far from a waste of talent. I've been a fan of Nolans for YEARS, but he gained a s**tload of new fans from that movie, I'd be willing to bet. That's actually the exact opposite of a waste of talent.
 7 years ago '07        #246
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Reppindaburghh said:
Nolan wants to make entertaining films first and foremost, in my opinion. Obviously he wants some awards along the line, but I see nothing wrong with him just making movies that are entertaining every now and again. Thats hardly a waste of talent, in my opinion. Not sure how thats a slap in the face to a guy like Nolan. Like I said, The Dark Knight was a GREAT movie, far from a waste of talent. I've been a fan of Nolans for YEARS, but he gained a s**tload of new fans from that movie, I'd be willing to bet. That's actually the opposite of a waste of talent.
He's actually already said he loves when he can make his own original projects. Inception was his own original project. He worked on that script for about 10 years. The studio signed him for the Batman films. After the 2 films he was able to work on Inception the studio gave him his blessing. I don't know how many times I have to explain this concept. I'm not saying its a complete waste of talent. I'm saying he's capable of more. Of course he gained more fans , its Batman. I'm sure Tim Burton gained more fans off his version as well. Directors can gain fans left and right w/ whatever they put out. The Dark Knight was a good movie, I agree, but its a STUDIO project. Am I anticipating The Dark Knight Rises? Yup but I'm also eager to see his future projects outside of Batman. I'm willing to bet in the next 10 years he makes a better film than The Dark Knight and maybe even his best film. If you don't think he will then he pretty much wasted all his talents w/ Batman :(. That last line was joke but Nolan's best has still yet to come. He'll be directing films for the next 10, 20+ years.


Last edited by TH35; 03-01-2011 at 01:00 AM..
 03-01-2011, 03:32 AM         #247
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fincher and "The Social Network" got robbed...

"The Kings Speech" was nothing more than a HBO movie, sh!t sucked... And the Wienstein's are now responsible for the 4 worst Best Picture Winners of all time(Shakespeare in Love, English Patient, Chicago, and now Kings Speech).

The Academy once again showed how totally out of touch it was.

No suprise.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy