The Xbox Series Is A Failure Via Forbes

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '20        #1
1080 page views
31 comments

Iron Stan 
Props total: 8327 8 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
The Xbox Series Is A Failure Via Forbes

Today, the contents of a pre-recorded E3 Xbox panel came to light as we heard from Microsoft execs on their plans for what is now effectively known as the “Xbox ecosystem,” something that expands beyond traditional consoles, and blends them with Game Pass accessibility and game streaming.

The highlights? That would be Microsoft talking about how they’re already working on the next Xbox consoles. Here’s VP Liz Hamren:

“…no one should think we’re slowing down on our core console engineering. In fact, we’re accelerating it. We’re already hard at work on new hardware and platforms, some of which won’t come to light for years.”

It’s not clear whether this is a “mid-gen” upgrade like the Xbox One X, or the next true generation, though such distinctions may be getting more and more blurry regardless.

Past that, onto Game Pass accessibility via smart TVs:

We’re working with global TV manufacturers to embed the Game Pass experience directly into internet-connected TVs, so all you’ll need to play is a controller.”

And to further boost this new game streaming-centric future, Xbox will also be building dedicated devices just for that purpose, ones which will cost far less than a traditional Xbox at $300-500, no doubt:

“Beyond that, we’re also developing stand-alone streaming devices that you can plug into a TV or monitor, so if you have a strong internet connection you can stream your Xbox experience.”

All of this resulted in the release of the graphic you can see below, showing the entire ecosystem in action, a blend of hardware and compatibility with devices that can stream Game Pass titles.

This kind of set-up makes Microsoft stand alone in the industry. Google Stadia is struggling with its lack of a core console or any exclusive games. Sony has the console market locked down, but has no real answer to either Game Pass or Microsoft’s pending onslaught of persistent streaming options. Nintendo…well Nintendo is as ever, on its own island selling a trillion Switches. Which is fine.

But it does show what a unique position Microsoft has put itself in, leveraging all its access to tech to create a gaming ecosystem unlike anything else in the market. Granted, it will still take years for all this to fully materialize, including Microsoft’s first party roster of games slowly coming to life, but you can see the master plan here. And I think its rivals should be scared of it.

best
worst
31 comments

2 weeks ago '08        #2
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33770 33 K  Slaps total: 2707 2 K
Everyone is doing their own thing. MS has to prove their strategy is going to work though. I think it will without a doubt but it won't be fully seen until late in the generation.
+10   

2 weeks ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 171151 171 K  Slaps total: 10025 10 K
 Kewop Decam said
Everyone is doing their own thing. MS has to prove their strategy is going to work though. I think it will without a doubt but it won't be fully seen until late in the generation.
Just a clickbait thread

He didn't even include a link to the article, and the article wasn't even a negative - it actually said Microsofts competitors should be afraid of what they've been cooking

The Article:

It's title:
Microsoft Is Already Building The Next Xbox Consoles And Streaming-Only Game Pass Hardware
Some people just need attention
+21   

2 weeks ago '09        #4
McmasterlockPt2 
Props total: 4905 4 K  Slaps total: 475 475
I think MS makes one more generation of Xbox gaming consoles.

2 weeks ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4535 4 K  Slaps total: 316 316
 McmasterlockPt2 said
I think MS makes one more generation of Xbox gaming consoles.
The market will dictate that, but I’m sure that’s what they are hoping for.

2 weeks ago '05        #6
HARBINGER 
Props total: 24093 24 K  Slaps total: 8023 8 K
n*ggas be hating like a mf
+13   

2 weeks ago '08        #7
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33770 33 K  Slaps total: 2707 2 K
 OldBusiness said
Just a clickbait thread

He didn't even include a link to the article, and the article wasn't even a negative - it actually said Microsofts competitors should be afraid of what they've been cooking

The Article:

It's title:

oh I know, i read the article and realized the thread title was nonsense
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #8
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12053 12 K  Slaps total: 6317 6 K
#Sonyisdying

2 weeks ago '19        #9
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 24568 24 K  Slaps total: 3184 3 K
Microsoft just sees gaming as the next movie industry and is gonna try to own as much of it as possible like Disney

When internet speed catches up to Microsofts vision the industry is going to have some problems
+6   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
bangaondatrack 
Props total: 5672 5 K  Slaps total: 307 307
Alot of people still dont know about gamepass, when I try put them on they be thinking the sh*t fake
+6   

2 weeks ago '11        #11
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 19964 19 K  Slaps total: 4281 4 K
OP is stupid and doesn't understand his own thread

+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #12
Krazie 
Props total: 37693 37 K  Slaps total: 5211 5 K
Why they so upset this afternoon?
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
Wawdy24 
Props total: 8169 8 K  Slaps total: 3654 3 K
Looks at OP...

figures

Another trained "D1dn't Reader"
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
BlackGod 
Props total: 18069 18 K  Slaps total: 3681 3 K
 bangaondatrack said
Alot of people still dont know about gamepass, when I try put them on they be thinking the sh*t fake
I've had it about a year or so and I'm still amazed by the value.
They really do stay with something new, and with EA Play it's not farfetched that you could have an XSX and never buy an actual game.

Microsoft's investment into the PC ecosystem in this regard was the smartest thing they have done in about a decade.
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #15
Christ Like 
Props total: 7514 7 K  Slaps total: 6444 6 K
A lot of feelings caught in this thread over a video game console

Some of y’all are 40+ with kids too

+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
Da Ill One|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13416 13 K  Slaps total: 787 787
This is what we've been saying. MS just wants you in its ecosystem. They dont care how you get there as long as you're there
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #17
beast9318 
Props total: 1033 1 K  Slaps total: 158 158
Xbox is not for grown ppl. It's for children. And Microsoft could compete if they really wanted too. After 3 straight rings of death I siad never again. Not to mention all the gimmicks.

LOL I went to a friend's house for the 1st time and turned on his system and sure enough 3 rings of death.

2 weeks ago '04        #18
SpyDa 
Props total: 9455 9 K  Slaps total: 1220 1 K
 OldBusiness said
Just a clickbait thread

The Article:

It's title:

That's what I don't understand about Microsoft. They are trying to build the perfect PC in a sandbox environment for a low price. Pre built pcs, if gpu drop, would rival and beat out that model. Seem like their strategy will be to drop the console and go full on streaming service like netflix

2 weeks ago '15        #19
He Hate Me 
Props total: 40242 40 K  Slaps total: 3695 3 K
Ppl were saying the Xbox one was a failure and I enjoyed that consoles run.

Ppl take others opinion too much to heart.
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '21        #20
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3228 3 K  Slaps total: 9381 9 K
Big failure...always has been....

2 weeks ago '18        #21
Dsammy04 
Props total: 1120 1 K  Slaps total: 86 86
Long live competition that’s all I care about.

When either one of these companies get c*cky we get

-Always on online from Xbox One(Microsoft)
-A $600 PS3(Sony)
-The WiiU(Nintendo)

Whatever move Microsoft makes or Sony makes or Nintendo makes I hope each one comes with a counter move.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #22
B86 
Props total: 15553 15 K  Slaps total: 3282 3 K
 HARBINGER said
n*ggas be hating like a mf
Hating on what though? These next gen consoles are clearly scams. I said that months ago on here, as well as telling y'all these sh*ts are more "mid-life upgraded". It's blatant as day. There is no innovation so far and none in the foreseeable future with these consoles. I have a PS5 and disappointed is an understatement. The most innovative thing this gen so far is xCloud and even that is just PSNOW on steroids...

Last edited by B86; 06-10-2021 at 12:15 PM..

2 weeks ago '20        #23
DrDisrespect 
Props total: 743 743  Slaps total: 324 324
 Young Defiant said
Big failure...always has been....
I bet you didn't read the article.

If sh*t was music, you'd be an orchestra

+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '21        #24
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3228 3 K  Slaps total: 9381 9 K
 DrDisrespect said
I bet you didn't read the article.

If sh*t was music, you'd be an orchestra

Now you sounding like an idiot again...lol

2 weeks ago '07        #25
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 62355 62 K  Slaps total: 4113 4 K
 beast9318 said
Xbox is not for grown ppl. It's for children. And Microsoft could compete if they really wanted too. After 3 straight rings of death I siad never again. Not to mention all the gimmicks.

LOL I went to a friend's house for the 1st time and turned on his system and sure enough 3 rings of death.
one of the dumbest posts I've seen in this section...
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-64online now  20
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
158 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+78online now  15
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
325 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy