Gilbert Arenas breakdown of the Lakers’ rotations: “you’re giving away a championship”

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

1 week ago '05        #1
4179 page views
84 comments

Wondah_Woman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 23701 23 K  Slaps total: 2422 2 K
Gilbert Arenas breakdown of the Lakers’ rotations: “you’re giving away a championship”

Good breakdown by Gil. Everyone knows Vogel’s rotations were trash. But also players have to perform still. Vogel’s rotation didn’t cause Schroeder to score zero points in a playoff game, or other folks to underperform. But I do agree that I don’t think his rotations, injuries and all, put the Lakers in the best position to match-up.
+44   

best
worst
84 comments

1 week ago '19        #2
KeyserSoze  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11139 11 K  Slaps total: 1879 1 K

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '05        #3
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 86499 86 K  Slaps total: 75444 75 K
So now it’s the rotations fault leflabby choked. I done heard it all

1 week ago '04        #4
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15123 15 K  Slaps total: 1904 1 K
Man Gil bball IQ is way higher than I ever thought it was. He gives awesome breakdowns.
+55   

1 week ago '17        #5
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 31574 31 K  Slaps total: 8818 8 K
They don’t call him a coach k*ller for no reason.
+2   

1 week ago '09        #6
Lupe Hunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16206 16 K  Slaps total: 1890 1 K
 blah blah blah said
How did he choke?Vogel got out coached just like Michael Malone right now. Plus every guard or big was looking like food to booker/Payne/CP3/Ayton
+18   

1 week ago '09        #7
Lupe Hunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16206 16 K  Slaps total: 1890 1 K
 Mario Chalmers said
They don’t call him a coach k*ller for no reason.
He had no input on the coaching or free agent picks besides the AD trade and he got a ring last year. It hard to win every year unless your name is Bill Russell. Rob outsmarted himself and it subtraction by addition and didn’t run it back with the same guys who won the championship. Green/Dwight/
Mcgee should’ve been their main priority and just let THT grow
+21   

1 week ago '18        #8
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 64447 64 K  Slaps total: 14444 14 K
 bibbyboi said
Man Gil bball IQ is way higher than I ever thought it was. He gives awesome breakdowns.
Too bad he couldn't use that "IQ" to win a championship when he played lol

Dude is a clown

1 week ago '15        #9
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 44258 44 K  Slaps total: 21191 21 K
Gil is scrutinizing Vogel as if there isn’t an analytics team. Those nerds tell you who to play.

1 week ago '13        #10
dds010 
Props total: 1907 1 K  Slaps total: 259 259
 FireBeats said

Dude is a clown
Sports are a weird thing tho. Most of the best coaches are horrible players because great players can’t really explain to others what or how they Should do things: they’ve just been blessed by god to instinctively know how to do those things. Now Gil does surprise me because he was know for his scoring prowess and usually players that are great scorers have zero understanding of basketball in its entirety, they simply know how to out the ball in the basket

With that said, Bron underperformed, and not because he lost, but because of how he came out game 5&6, just lackadaisical as if THEY were up 3-0 in the series or something. Like dude you KNOW how horrible your teammates are, you KNOW how bad Vogel is, and you come out as if your team is head and shoulders better than the Suns team? Foh. Ya have kcp, Morris, Dennis, Caruso, Gasol combining for 3 for 29, and you come out game 6 as if you stil have Dwade/Bosh as your teammates. Then have Vogel playing Gasol over Montrelz “oh but Montrelz can’t play defense” well he can damn sure play better defense then Gasol, that mf either fouled on every possession/gave up a wide open 3 or a wide open layup.

And I’m glad that “lakers have best defense” sh*t was put to rest. I told mfs all year that the lakers were not a good defensive team. That rating was a result of how slow they played/how bad of a 3pt shooting team they were. You could see it if you actually watched their reg season games. You never saw them clamping people up all game or taking things away, you saw them SOMETIMES play good defense in close games. They only have 2 good defenders, Ad and lebron (whos 36) and Ad is the only rim protector on the entire team (and he’s injury prone and doesn’t like to play the Center position)

Last edited by dds010; 06-10-2021 at 12:38 AM..
+9   

1 week ago '11        #11
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 22583 22 K  Slaps total: 2566 2 K
 FireBeats said

Dude is a clown
The episode with Richard Jefferson was insightful as to just how unruly and utterly childish Gilbert was - Had he been able to get his mind right he could have been an NBA Champion but instead he fu*ked it all off his ego

+7   

1 week ago '14        #12
The NightFox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 155103 155 K  Slaps total: 39556 39 K
SB .550 #40 (-3)
There is a difference between getting out coached and getting out played.

Know that.

If you are saying Vogel got outcoached. Congrats. You just exposed yaself to not knowing sh*t about the Lakers this season. (Not coming at anybody, lemme finish)

They. Got. Out-played. Let’s stop deflecting and try to make more of this than what it is.

In case, anyone forgot. The suns were second In the west. They have a coach of the year. Had a player notorious for flipping cultures and leading teams. At point guard.

Where the Fuxk any of you are coming from with criticism about Vogel is insane. As the “default” reason. lol.

The Lakers were out-matched. Period. Suns were deeper.
They haven’t had any chemistry all season to click.

Lebron knew this that even he said it and I’m taking Lebron’s word (as shakey as that is) over a millionaire who brings guns to his job. Only got to a second round. Once. Never made teammates better. A fu*king headcase.

Vogel did dumb sh*t. Yes. The montrez situation the fu*k was that right ?

But to sit here and act like. You know what the Lakers shoulda had MORE talent.

It’s like go fu*k yaself.

Dennis, Kuzma, montrez not Honda’s.

Gasoline, morris, not Honda.

The training staff failed them.

The conditioning staff didn’t have a good year.

We need to stop shinning lights to people who don’t know what the fu*k they are talking about.

Magic Johnson prime example. “He’s not a laker” the fu*k type of sh*t is that to say contractually on the team ?

News flash d*ckhead. 4 years. 70 mill.

Sit the fu*k down and coach your child on the proper techniques of taking it up the a*s. Cause that’s the only thing I would trust magic Johnson’s insight about.

Last edited by The NightFox; 06-09-2021 at 11:06 PM..

1 week ago '07        #13
r.burgundy 
Props total: 24780 24 K  Slaps total: 4387 4 K
i disagree with this whole idea of being out coached.they lost 25 and 10 when AD went down. you're not recovering from that.could 32 yr old lebron won that series,yes.could 36 yr old lebron win,no.
for the 1st time,the king looked every bit of that 36.

should gasol and harrell have played more,yes.gasol really made a big difference on the floor,especially when he was making plays but that series was over when davis went down
+6   

1 week ago '05        #14
Tonero 
Props total: 10067 10 K  Slaps total: 2575 2 K
Lol he had his chance to show his iq in his career and blew it multiple times.
+5   

1 week ago '18        #15
Signor  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 75369 75 K  Slaps total: 6876 6 K
 The NightFox said
There is a difference between getting out coached and getting out played.

Know that.

If you are saying Vogel got outcoached. Congrats. You just exposed yaself to not knowing sh*t about the Lakers this season. (Not coming at anybody, lemme finish)

They. Got. Out-played. Let’s stop deflecting and try to make more of this than what it is.

In case, anyone forgot. The suns were second In the west. They have a coach of the year. Had a player notorious for flipping cultures and leading teams. At point guard.

Where the Fuxk any of you are coming from with criticism about Vogel is insane. As the “default” reason. lol.

The Lakers were out-matched. Period. Suns were deeper.
They haven’t had any chemistry all season to click.

Lebron knew this that even he said it and I’m taking Lebron’s word (as shakey as that is) over a millionaire who brings guns to his job. Only got to a second round. Once. Never made teammates better. A fu*king headcase.

Vogel did dumb sh*t. Yes. The montrez situation the fu*k was that right ?

But to sit here and act like. You know what the Lakers shoulda had MORE talent.

It’s like go fu*k yaself.

Dennis, Kuzma, montrez not Honda’s.

Gasoline, morris, not Honda.

The training staff failed them.

The conditioning staff didn’t have a good year.

We need to stop shinning lights to people who don’t know what the fu*k they are talking about.

Magic Johnson prime example. “He’s not a laker” the fu*k type of sh*t is that to say contractually on the team ?

News flash d*ckhead. 4 years. 70 mill.

Sit the fu*k down and coach your child on the proper techniques of taking it up the a*s. Cause that’s the only thing I would trust magic Johnson’s insight about.

Vogel didnt do good.. but the blame isnt on him.. lakers had no real chemistry on the court and the suns look like they on some destiny sh*t.. hard to beat a team that wont beat themselves
+4   

1 week ago '14        #16
SB .550 #40 (-3)
 r.burgundy said
i disagree with this whole idea of being out coached.they lost 25 and 10 when AD went down. you're not recovering from that.could 32 yr old lebron won that series,yes.could 36 yr old lebron win,no.
for the 1st time,the king looked every bit of that 36.

should gasol and harrell have played more,yes.gasol really made a big difference on the floor,especially when he was making plays but that series was over when davis went down
This sounds like some kind of Lebron would’ve solo dolo’d it if he was younger.
Lakers won two games. They could’ve won that series healthy and having better chemistry.

It’s a better luck next year kind of thing. Championship hangover.
+5   

1 week ago '14        #17
SB .550 #40 (-3)
 Signor said
Vogel didnt do good.. but the blame isnt on him.. lakers had no real chemistry on the court and the suns look like they on some destiny sh*t.. hard to beat a team that wont beat themselves
That’s called discipline and structure.

Lakers never had that this series, let alone this season.

Last edited by The NightFox; 06-09-2021 at 11:31 PM..
+5   

1 week ago '12        #18
44wade  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26972 26 K  Slaps total: 9076 9 K
Damn making excuses for best player in the world?

No matter LeBron age, he has trouble with true 7 ft centers. Suns had one.

So without someone to pull Ayton out the paint, LeBron was going to have a hard time. I didn't watch what gil said but if he didn't mention that the Lakers needed someone to provide some spacing for LeBron then he isn't telling the whole story.

1 week ago '07        #19
stogz 
Props total: 104596 104 K  Slaps total: 13560 13 K
Arenas came to this conclusion AFTER the Lakers lost.

I said how the Lakers should play beforehand. It's so fu*king simple that only n*ggas on bx couldn't grasp it and think it's genius breakdown.

Funny thing is... the way the Lakers should have played the suns... the suns are kind of playing Denver that way (at least with respect to the center position)
+2   

1 week ago '05        #20
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98401 98 K  Slaps total: 10955 10 K
 blah blah blah said
You done heard everything but cheers from wizards fans

1 week ago '07        #21
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30659 30 K  Slaps total: 14666 14 K
 bibbyboi said
U can't be serious, he was a professional basketball player.

Anyway anyone can criticize a loser. It's easy to point out the mistakes or what he should have done.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #22
r.burgundy 
Props total: 24780 24 K  Slaps total: 4387 4 K
 The NightFox said
This sounds like some kind of Lebron would’ve solo dolo’d it if he was younger.
Lakers won two games. They could’ve won that series healthy and having better chemistry.

It’s a better luck next year kind of thing. Championship hangover.
not necessarily solo dolo it.lakers did have talent but in the last game,bron was asking to be taken out because he was outta gas with like 6 mins left in the 4th.

lebron hasn't figured out how to make the game easier for himself in his old age like other greats like jordan.he still pretty much plays the exact same way
father time is undefeated
+2   

1 week ago '17        #23
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15559 15 K  Slaps total: 4619 4 K
He said the lineup should be

Drummond
Montrezz
AD
Kuz
Bron

Lmao

The suns would outrun them.

Paint will be clogged or you gotta rely on AD and Kuz hitting 3s.
+6   

1 week ago '17        #24
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 28766 28 K  Slaps total: 15914 15 K
GIL is right. ... if not for last yrs Chip, vogue should have been let go with the sh*t he put out there this yr....he was clueless in the playoffs
+1   

1 week ago '04        #25
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15123 15 K  Slaps total: 1904 1 K
 Cambury said
U can't be serious, he was a professional basketball player.

Anyway anyone can criticize a loser. It's easy to point out the mistakes or what he should have done.
You'd be surprised how many pros don't actually know the game at that level. Most have great instincts and skill, but for the most part they don't understand the game from a coaches perspective. Just look at great players that became great coaches. There's very few. Now, to be fair, that could be because they made way more money throughout their careers and they don't feel like doing sh*t after they retire but you can look at the ones that tried and see they usually don't work out.

I do feel like that's changing now with the younger players. I think it's because of the more intricate offenses they run now, you have to understand a lot more reads for the most part. I also think the bigger factor is that the younger guys got to see how much Kobe and Bron studied game film. They studied it like they were bench players trying to get minutes.

Last edited by bibbyboi; 06-10-2021 at 12:56 AM..
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+565online now  28
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
272 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+60online now  25
Chief Keef Goes Crazy On Young Buck's Classic Song Stomp