Jun 9 - No Vaccine needed for those who had COVID-19: Cleveland Clinic

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '05        #1
2096 page views
69 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 86811 86 K  Slaps total: 6640 6 K
Jun 9 - No Vaccine needed for those who had COVID-19: Cleveland Clinic

CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Clinic recently studied the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccination among people who caught the virus and those who haven’t.

The study finds that anyone who previously tested positive for a SARS-CoV-2 infection did not get additional benefits from the vaccine, which suggests the vaccines should be prioritized to people who haven’t gotten the infection.

The clinic says this research provides insight into how the immune system protects the body once a COVID-19 infection is confirmed.

During the study that was conducted on 52,238 employees in the Cleveland Clinic, the clinic says “not a single incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was observed in previously infected participants with or
without vaccination.”

The clinic still recommends that anyone who can get the vaccine, should.

How long will my COVID-19 vaccine last?
The Cleveland Clinic tells FOX 8, “We don’t know how long the immune system will protect against reinfection or protect against variants. We still recommend those eligible receive the vaccine. This study was conducted within the population of healthcare workers that are younger & healthier than the general population. It is safe to get the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have had previously tested positive for COVID-19.”

The statement goes on to say, “This data could guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in areas where vaccine supply is limited.”
+12   

best
worst
69 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 80434 80 K  Slaps total: 8543 8 K
i see we're still doing pseudoscience and broadcasting it

where is the peer review for the study? it's been out over a week

just like the vaccine, they did not expose people to the virus

they're using results of chance and declaring facts based on chance

imagine an AIDS vaccine, you give it to people and they go about their lives having s*x with condoms or not having s*x at all, then you declare victory because the vaccinated never contracted a virus that they were never exposed to
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #3
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 30543 30 K  Slaps total: 9936 9 K
The pandemic got more plot holes than a movie at this point
+52   

2 weeks ago '10        #4
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67732 67 K  Slaps total: 14890 14 K
 Mysticman said
I said it a year ago.

Just wait for the HBO documentary.

Hope all those threads are still up and active from last year

+12   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5455 5 K  Slaps total: 1728 1 K

2 weeks ago '17        #6
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 82963 82 K  Slaps total: 19167 19 K
That's interesting. Some medical experts have wondered if that was the case.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #7
FreeloadinRusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16198 16 K  Slaps total: 1537 1 K
This is the WORST freestyle EVER.

EVERYDAY THEY CHANGE.

+9   

2 weeks ago '15        #8
Bonaparte 
Props total: 6712 6 K  Slaps total: 345 345

copy and pasted abstract:
Background The purpose of this study was to evaluate the necessity of COVID-19 vaccination in persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Methods Employees of the Cleveland Clinic Health System working in Ohio on Dec 16, 2020, the day COVID-19 vaccination was started, were included. Any subject who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 at least 42 days earlier was considered previously infected. One was considered vaccinated 14 days after receipt of the second dose of a SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine. The cumulative incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection over the next five months, among previously infected subjects who received the vaccine, was compared with those of previously infected subjects who remained unvaccinated, previously uninfected subjects who received the vaccine, and previously uninfected subjects who remained unvaccinated.

Results Among the 52238 included employees, 1359 (53%) of 2579 previously infected subjects remained unvaccinated, compared with 22777 (41%) of 49659 not previously infected. The cumulative incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection remained almost zero among previously infected unvaccinated subjects, previously infected subjects who were vaccinated, and previously uninfected subjects who were vaccinated, compared with a steady increase in cumulative incidence among previously uninfected subjects who remained unvaccinated. Not one of the 1359 previously infected subjects who remained unvaccinated had a SARS-CoV-2 infection over the duration of the study. In a Cox proportional hazards regression model, after adjusting for the phase of the epidemic, vaccination was a*sociated with a significantly lower risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection among those not previously infected (HR 0.031, 95% CI 0.015 to 0.061) but not among those previously infected (HR 0.313, 95% CI 0 to Infinity).

Conclusions Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.

Summary Cumulative incidence of COVID-19 was examined among 52238 employees in an American healthcare system. COVID-19 did not occur in anyone over the five months of the study among 2579 individuals previously infected with COVID-19, including 1359 who did not take the vaccine.

Competing Interest Statement
The authors have declared no competing interest.

Funding Statement
There was no funding for this study.

Author Declarations
I confirm all relevant ethical guidelines have been followed, and any necessary IRB and/or ethics committee approvals have been obtained.

Yes

The details of the IRB/oversight body that provided approval or exemption for the research described are given below:

The study was approved by the Cleveland Clinic Institutional Review Board. A waiver of informed consent and waiver of HIPAA authorization were approved to allow access to personal health information by the research team, with the understanding that sharing or releasing identifiable data to anyone other than the study team was not permitted without additional IRB approval.

All necessary patient/participant consent has been obtained and the appropriate institutional forms have been archived.

Yes

I understand that all clinical trials and any other prospective interventional studies must be registered with an ICMJE-approved registry, such as ClinicalTrials.gov. I confirm that any such study reported in the manuscript has been registered and the trial registration ID is provided (note: if posting a prospective study registered retrospectively, please provide a statement in the trial ID field explaining why the study was not registered in advance).

Yes

I have followed all appropriate research reporting guidelines and uploaded the relevant EQUATOR Network research reporting checklist(s) and other pertinent material as supplementary files, if applicable.

Yes
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
DrDeath 
Props total: 14723 14 K  Slaps total: 1417 1 K
Lmao story changes every day. Still no mask or vax over this way!
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
 FreeloadinRusty said
This is the WORST freestyle EVER.

EVERYDAY THEY CHANGE.

Nothing has changed. These are all studies. The thing with a new virus that no one has seen before is that no one knows anything about it and people have to figure it out.

2 weeks ago '17        #11
 Drdeath said
Lmao story changes every day. Still no mask or vax over this way!
This is a study being done by a single clinic. They haven't made a conclusion yet.

2 weeks ago '16        #12
FreeloadinRusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16198 16 K  Slaps total: 1537 1 K
 Ymmot said
Nothing has changed. These are all studies. The thing with a new virus that no one has seen before is that no one knows anything about it and people have to figure it out.
That excuse is OLD.
+5   

2 weeks ago '20        #13
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1771 1 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
 Ymmot said
That's interesting. Some medical experts have wondered if that was the case.
What viruses are you aware that don’t behave in a similar manner after infection and recovery?
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 16638 16 K  Slaps total: 9749 9 K
You mean natural immunity that we all know about wasnt a trump lie, but exists?
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #15
 FreeloadinRusty said
That excuse is OLD.
Following @ train of thought :

what would you a*sume his stance / perspective would be with those shots?

2 weeks ago '08        #16
flav 
Props total: 14933 14 K  Slaps total: 3725 3 K
 Ymmot said
This is a study being done by a single clinic. They haven't made a conclusion yet.
Another study was made in Denmark with 4 million patients

The came to about the same conclustion, other than the fact that age is the greatest factor. Over 40 (or 45?) years old, even if you had Covid, it’s advised to take the vaccine

If you’re younger and had been diagnosed with it, it’s not necessary as the rate of reinfection AND being symptomatic are very low. The vaccine is simply priming the human body to do what it WOULD have done if it was infected, but in a controlled risk environment, so the study makes sense
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #17
 Mysticman said
How many frontline health careworkers were
infected then took those shots? Or people in general.

A lot of flawed data can be used as “facts” from whatever agenda is being pushed.

Messy.

Last edited by I Know; 06-09-2021 at 12:41 PM..

2 weeks ago '19        #18
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20457 20 K  Slaps total: 2102 2 K
I’m not sure why some of y’all expecting anyone to know everything there is to know about this new a*s virus.

With that being said I’m still waiting.
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #19
 Big Gurthy said
I’m not sure why some of y’all expecting anyone to know everything there is to know about this new a*s virus.

When was the last time you were tested for Covid or Covid antibodies?

And have you taken those shots yet?

or is better information about those shots is what you are waiting for?

2 weeks ago '05        #20
hbk83 
Props total: 18245 18 K  Slaps total: 4043 4 K
 DavidTheMan said
You mean natural immunity that we all know about wasnt a trump lie, but exists?
Honestly I think they were just making sh*t up to go against him lol.
But dude had medical experts giving him information even fauci.
And somehow the sh*t Trump was saying is basically the info fauci was getting in his emails
When you find out fauci was the liar and Trump was telling the truth
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #21
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5455 5 K  Slaps total: 1728 1 K

+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #22
ddash 
Props total: 38913 38 K  Slaps total: 2759 2 K
 Mysticman said
Looks like NO VACCINE FOR ME then lol

This is like 1 of those M Night Shalamar movies lol
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #23
Fantastic 
Props total: 14590 14 K  Slaps total: 5669 5 K
Ive already been saying this. The fact of matter is the vax only gives you antibodies. So if you had c*cked and survived you have antibodies. If you got the vax , your body is prepped for developing antibodies efficiently with vax.

The real question is why does the cdc require a vax even if u had? I guess money.

The most important question is do the antibodies last the same with no vax or vaxxed if u catch covid? Or do the antibodies last longer in one or the other?

Most likely and what I’ve believed is antibodies last the same. So if u caught covid you now have antibodies or if you potentially catch covid ur body will be prepped and ready for antibodies but the timeframe is the same. Either way it make sense why the clinic would do this.

Pointless to get vax if u already had covid.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #24
SandmanNyC 
Props total: 4586 4 K  Slaps total: 1362 1 K
 Big Gurthy said

yr absolutely right. Especially with officials lying. But ppl r ready to cap for a untested vaccine that been around for a shorter period of time. fu*kin cucks
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 41070 41 K  Slaps total: 2887 2 K
From the original article:

This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

n*ggaz hate to read. Typical bx

I already know I’ll be slapped for reading and thinking logically.

Last edited by bx old head; 06-09-2021 at 03:31 PM..
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-65online now  24
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+80online now  12
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
326 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy