RPGs are dead葉he industry killed them

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '19        #1
1679 page views
77 comments

blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19913 19 K  Slaps total: 3772 3 K
RPGs are dead葉he industry k*lled them

I know folks gone come on here talking about the indies or telling me “b-but RPGs still make money” that’s not what I’m talking about

when was the last classic RPG game? like 15 years ago these games were on top of the industry now they’re all replaced by garbage “looter shooters”

gaming in general seems like it’s dying
+7   

best
worst
77 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 49059 49 K  Slaps total: 6180 6 K
all them type games where you have hp xp and attack points, etc
. are all on mobile.. that's where it went imo
+13   

2 weeks ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 171153 171 K  Slaps total: 10025 10 K
Witcher 3? It's a classic.
Persona 5/Royal? Its a classic and one of the highest rated games of all time through any publication in any country
Disco Elysium? Classic
Stardew Valley? (I don't play it, but its immensely popular)
Zelda Breath of the Wild? Needs no explanation

I'm an RPG Fan..sh*t my fave games of all time is probably a cool tie between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6...But I have to disagree..I DO feel like the design of RPG's is getting a little corny, and it's wack how the feel/soul of JRPG's and their open worlds in the 90s somehow didn't translate as well to modern times.

But we got a nice list of huge GREAT classics that have come out in the last decade, with lots of 'good' titles and, average/alright joints too . Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, Octopath Traveler, and all of the action rpg type joints that successfully blur the line between RPG and Action game(Monster Hunter World) ..We in pretty good shape

It's games with heavy RPG elements like the Souls titles/Bloodborne/Nioh/Demon Souls Remake/

You just gotta play some of the sh*t fam. Its some good sh*t out here bro
+26   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
 OldBusiness said
Persona 5/Royal? Its a classic and one of the highest rated games of all time through any publication in any country
Disco Elysium? Classic

I'm an RPG Fan..sh*t my fave games of all time is probably a cool tie between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6...But I have to disagree..I DO feel like the design of RPG's is getting a little corny, and it's wack how the feel/soul of JRPG's and their open worlds in the 90s somehow didn't translate as well to modern times.

But we got a nice list of huge GREAT classics that have come out in the last decade, with lots of 'good' titles and, average/alright joints too . Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, Octopath Traveler, and all of the action rpg type joints that successfully blur the line between RPG and Action game(Monster Hunter World) ..We in pretty good shape

It's games with heavy RPG elements like the Souls titles/Bloodborne/Nioh/Demon Souls Remake/

Shoutout the Souls series those games are amazing... I tried Persona and it was alright I see why folks like it...

Monster Hunter was cool... I would even throw Dragon痴 Dogma in there....

But I been playing some of this older sh*t like Gothic .... I can稚 help but feel like RPG games lost something...
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
 S PHX GOD said
all them type games where you have hp xp and attack points, etc
. are all on mobile.. that's where it went imo
100%...

Mobile games are boof for so many reasons... AAA developers got lootbox design from mobile games...
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
NewLegends  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17244 17 K  Slaps total: 2425 2 K
Persona 5 Royal and Witcher 3

Edit: Gotta continue
Breath Of The Wild
Like 3 other Zeldas
Nier Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5 Strikers
Dragon Age Origins
Octopath Traveler
Dragon age Inquisition
Divinity 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Ni no Kuni 2
Bloodborne

Last edited by NewLegends; 06-07-2021 at 02:53 PM..
+8   

2 weeks ago '19        #7
folks naming good RPGs but they not classics

So far I only seen the Souls series mentioned which could be considered classics

2 weeks ago '06        #8
lato9905 
Props total: 8473 8 K  Slaps total: 1512 1 K
Blame EA for fking up Bioware.
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4535 4 K  Slaps total: 316 316
 blackadamwarloc said

So far I only seen the Souls series mentioned which could be considered classics
Man you talking about guys not listing classics, but got the wrong KOTOR in the OP. KOTOR II was dope, but it ain't got sh*t on the original.
+5   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
Faythung 
Props total: 19871 19 K  Slaps total: 1624 1 K
Disco Elysium is one of the greatest games ever made and is one that could readily be defined as an RPG, unlike some y'all have posted. It's not some big mainstream game which is possibly where the industry has shifted but it's still phenomenal and critically acclaimed.

RPGs aren't dead, you just gotta know where to look.

Solasta is dope, Pillars of Eternity is dope, Divinity is dope, Pathfinder is dope.

We got Baldurs Gate 3 in early access now too.

Last edited by Faythung; 06-07-2021 at 03:02 PM..

2 weeks ago '16        #11
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7341 7 K  Slaps total: 1214 1 K
 OldBusiness said
Disco Elysium? Classic

/thread
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
 KURUPTION!!! said
Man you talking about guys not listing classics, but got the wrong KOTOR in the OP. KOTOR II was dope, but it ain't got sh*t on the original.
KOTOR 2 story sh*ts all over KOTOR 1

once u know it痴 Revan u can稚 even play that game anymore but nice contribution to the thread homie

like I said... only classics to come out in the last decade is probably the Souls games

y誕ll boys attacking me not my argument already lemme know wassup

2 weeks ago '11        #13
bkamagnum 
Props total: 1929 1 K  Slaps total: 377 377
I feel you. Playing RPGs feels like a chore to me nowadays where as before I would want to progress to get deeper into the storyline. For the first time ever, I don't play games that are too big with so much sh*t to do, with an exception of Witcher 3 because the game is fu*king dope. But alot the games ARPGs game worlds feel empty.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 67815 67 K  Slaps total: 20393 20 K
 blackadamwarloc said

I personally don稚 consider Souls series or Breath of the Wild for that matter (seen it mentioned a few times) RPGs. Then again, the lines between RPGs and so many other genres have been blurred like a MF lately.

RPGs in the style I fu*k with have fallen off as a whole but there痴 still some great ones being released
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #15
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16498 16 K  Slaps total: 2731 2 K
Someone named legit classics and rather than taking his casual a*s L bum a*s OP like "nuh uh those aren't classics"

I'm not even giving this thread a serious reply now. Lame
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #16
 Chozen said
Someone named legit classics and rather than taking his casual a*s L bum a*s OP like "nuh uh those aren't classics"

I'm not even giving this thread a serious reply now. Lame
name what u consider a classic and I値l tell u exactly why it痴 not... y誕ll goofies like a game and decide it痴 a classic that痴 not how it works champ

I guarantee anything u name will be weaker than the two games in the OP... which are classics

2 weeks ago '04        #17
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4535 4 K  Slaps total: 316 316
 blackadamwarloc said
KOTOR 2 story sh*ts all over KOTOR 1

once u know it痴 Revan u can稚 even play that game anymore but nice contribution to the thread homie

like I said... only classics to come out in the last decade is probably the Souls games

y誕ll boys attacking me not my argument already lemme know wassup

fu*k all the way outta here with that sh*t. To each his own, but this thread is now irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Besides, there's plenty of RPG in the last year that are classics let alone ones that are very good.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #18
 bkamagnum said
I feel you. Playing RPGs feels like a chore to me nowadays where as before I would want to progress to get deeper into the storyline. For the first time ever, I don't play games that are too big with so much sh*t to do, with an exception of Witcher 3 because the game is fu*king dope. But alot the games ARPGs game worlds feel empty.
yea I like the Witcher n I agree 100% with everything u saying...

they turned RPGs into corny checklist games... and now whenever some slightly above average sh*t comes out...

the peons run and label it 田lassic... starting the cycle all over again smh

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
 KURUPTION!!! said
fu*k all the way outta here with that sh*t. To each his own, but this thread is now irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Besides, there's plenty of RPG in the last year that are classics let alone ones that are very good.
if it痴 irrelevant then please feel free to exit sir

we will all suffer in silence at your absence

2 weeks ago '19        #20
 blackadamwarloc said
I know folks gone come on here talking about the indies or telling me 澱-but RPGs still make money that痴 not what I知 talking
predictable man

2 weeks ago '20        #21
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16498 16 K  Slaps total: 2731 2 K
 blackadamwarloc said
name what u consider a classic and I値l tell u exactly why it痴 not... y誕ll goofies like a game and decide it痴 a classic that痴 not how it works champ

I guarantee anything u name will be weaker than the two games in the OP... which are classics
Reread my post and see if you can figure out why I won't be doing that.

2 weeks ago '21        #22
mar1ey g ki11a 
Props total: 38 38  Slaps total: 102 102
witcher 2 > witcher 3: wild hunt
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #23
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98732 98 K  Slaps total: 10972 10 K
 blackadamwarloc said

So you made this thread..askin to name games..just to say "NopE MinEs BetTer!"

You dudes is clowns

2 weeks ago '06        #24
1 of 1 Houston 
Props total: 19242 19 K  Slaps total: 1707 1 K
 blackadamwarloc said
if it痴 irrelevant then please feel free to exit sir

we will all suffer in silence at your absence
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #25
 kriskross00 said
So you made this thread..askin to name games..just to say "NopE MinEs BetTer!"

You dudes is clowns

quite a few people understood, sounds like some of y’all are just butthurt nobody thinks ur trash favorite game is a classic...
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  21
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
325 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-65online now  20
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
158 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne 禅he Rock Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy