Richard Ledbetter from DF: "This is not the PS5 Dream that was sold to us"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '04        #1
1309 page views
35 comments

Wawdy24 
Props total: 8169 8 K  Slaps total: 3654 3 K
Richard Ledbetter from DF: "This is not the PS5 Dream that was sold to us"

+13   

best
worst
35 comments

2 weeks ago '12        #2
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 171155 171 K  Slaps total: 10025 10 K
 Wawdy24 said

Before they get called "Microsoft Shills" I wanted to point out they gave playstation an 11-12 minute segment criticizing the cross gen stuff, and dedicated an entire video to dissing Microsoft for it last year:

Already had to shut up a few people who said "They never did this with Microsoft!"...even though in the full video where your clip came from Richard even says "just like we did with Microsoft last year...."

And for the record I don't blame Sony for going cross gen. They'd be stupid to leave 100 million + users in the dust in exchange for 7-10 million . The outrage is really happening because Sony sat back and enjoyed Microsoft getting torn to pieces for saying they were going the cross gen route and they enjoyed all that good press of supposedly being next gen focused when they knew they were doing the same sh*t.

I don't blame them tho.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 06-07-2021 at 01:27 PM..
+24   

2 weeks ago '14        #3
El Caballero 
Props total: 51166 51 K  Slaps total: 3909 3 K
Cross gen has always been a thing for the first like year and a half

People acting like it's something new
+21   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
Wawdy24  OP
Props total: 8169 8 K  Slaps total: 3654 3 K
 El Caballero said

Yes... but when 1 company was completely trashed for doing it while 1 company said "we believe in generations"... and turned out to be lying... now those fanboys get the backlash
+23   

2 weeks ago '14        #5
El Caballero 
 Wawdy24 said
Yes... but when 1 company was completely trashed for doing it while 1 company said "we believe in generations"... and turned out to be lying... now those fanboys get the backlash
Well as someone who doesn't follow sh*t like that I don't get it.

People who participate in "console wars" are braindead
+17   

2 weeks ago '20        #6
Iron Stan 
Props total: 8328 8 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
Not really caring about some middle aged white dudes opinion on gaming tbh.I’m enjoying my 5 not going back to PS4 nor am I playing another console besides this gaming pc from time to time.n*ggas really mad because they’re not giving up on the last gen they’ve dominated and focusing primarily on PS5 this is why their #1
+12   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 67815 67 K  Slaps total: 20393 20 K
He’ll be ight
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #8
D1dnt read 
Props total: 19898 19 K  Slaps total: 4691 4 K
Sony isn't to blame for media outlets and low IQ retards like wawdy having comprehension issues

"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."
he was referring to features and not strictly just to games.. he never said their upcoming first party games were all going to be PS5 exclusives.. in fact, in the same interview he said:

"We have always felt that we had a responsibility to serve that [PS4] community for several years after the launch of PS5 and that it represented a huge business opportunity for us," Ryan says. "The numbers are quite straightforward. If you say in broad brush figures that we have a community of 100 million PS4 owners right now, and in the first couple of years... I don't know, somewhere between 15 and 25 million might migrate to PS5, that still leaves a huge number of people with PS4s. And that community is demonstrating an amazing stickiness, and willingness to stay engaged that, I think, the events of the past few months have just reinforced what we knew already.

/thread

not to mention covid fu*ked up plans and caused unforseen stock issues and Sony still managed to release PS5 only next gen exclusives with more coming this month and in july

I'm just disgusted that while millions were dying of covid, @ was celebrating happily because of the issues it caused Sony and how bad it would potentially make them look

Last edited by D1dnt read; 06-07-2021 at 02:57 PM..
+9   

2 weeks ago '20        #9
Iron Stan 
Props total: 8328 8 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
 D1dnt read said
Sony isn't to blame for media outlets and low IQ retards like wawdy having comprehension issues

he was referring to features and not strictly just to games.. he never said their upcoming first party games were all going to be PS5 exclusives.. in fact, in the same interview he said:

/thread

not to mention covid fu*ked up plans and caused unforseen stock issues and Sony still managed to release PS5 only next gen exclusives with more coming this month and in july

I'm just disgusted that while millions were dying of covid, @ was celebrating happily because of the issues it caused Sony and how bad it would potentially make them look
Some of this shot is just common sense at this point but people like OP need talking points or just a want general conversation over bs
+8   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18437 18 K  Slaps total: 11349 11 K
Playstation atleast sold us something....

I guess Xbox sold people GamePass.

Hopefully Sony can deliver on some PS5 exclusives that will convince me to buy it though.

2 weeks ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 171155 171 K  Slaps total: 10025 10 K
 Swade009 said
Playstation atleast sold us something....

I guess Xbox sold people GamePass.

Hopefully Sony can deliver on some PS5 exclusives that will convince me to buy it though.
They didn't sell your broke a*s sh*t, you don't have one. You watching from the sideline type n*ggas disgust me, with ya broke a*s

Lemme go play my PS5. Good luck
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #12
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x117
Props total: 65304 65 K  Slaps total: 14256 14 K
Shxt lame all y’all got was an extra rumble in the controller
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #13
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18437 18 K  Slaps total: 11349 11 K
 OldBusiness said
They didn't sell your broke a*s sh*t, you don't have one. You watching from the sideline type n*ggas disgust me, with ya broke a*s

Lemme go play my PS5. Good luck
I built a PC, money's not a problem don't really care about single player games.
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #14
D1dnt read 
 5ive04our said
Shxt lame all y’all got was an extra rumble in the controller

don't forget the games too

Last edited by D1dnt read; 06-07-2021 at 03:22 PM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '20        #15
D1dnt read 
 OldBusiness said

it's like u summoned @ with this post dude popped up right away
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #16
Woodwin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7402 7 K  Slaps total: 690 690
PS5 in my opinion is a vastly different experience from the ps4 and I’m sure it will further increase as time passes by. Same for Xbox even tho it has the same UI and no games the quick resume and other features that are coming out can’t be had in the previous gen. To completely ignore millions of consoles immediately makes 0 sense
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #17
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x117
Props total: 65304 65 K  Slaps total: 14256 14 K
 D1dnt read said
it's like u summoned @ with this post dude popped up right away
Summon these nuts on ya 1080p box
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4535 4 K  Slaps total: 316 316
 El Caballero said

Cross gen yes, but Sony has never done this with first party games.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #19
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 72530 72 K  Slaps total: 8098 8 K
I’m supposed to care what this bowling ball head mofo says when I can just enjoy gaming on my 5

n*gga talkin bout game pass all the time sh*t that’s been available since the 360 nobody wants play that old sh*t dog stop living off nostalgia and here’s an original idea release some new games

Last edited by Hoggystyle; 06-07-2021 at 03:44 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #20
El Caballero 
 KURUPTION!!! said
Cross gen yes, but Sony has never done this with first party games.
thats not really true
little big planet 3 was released on both ps3 and ps4

regardless, a bit different now. every generation the leap in power gets smaller. its not like before when next gen games looked completely different
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #21
Kingme 
Props total: 19031 19 K  Slaps total: 3436 3 K
Here's an IGN article where they put together a list of PS5 Exclusives and Sony Console Exclusives. It's crazy how even the Video Game Media got finessed into giving out misinformation.

PS5 Exclusive:

Astro’s Playroom

Demon’s Souls

Destruction AllStars

Gran Turismo 7

Horizon Forbidden West

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Returnal

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Console Exclusive:

Bugsnax (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)

deathloop (Timed exclusive, also coming to PC)

Ghostwire: Tokyo (Timed exclusive, also coming to PC)

Godfall (Also coming to Epic Games Store)

Goodbye Volcano High (Also coming to Steam)

Jett: The Far Shore (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)

Oddworld: Soulstorm (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)

The Pathless (Also coming to PS4, Epic Games Store, and Apple Arcade)

Project Athia (Also coming to PC)

Stray (Also coming to Steam)

Solar Ash (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)

2 weeks ago '05        #22
PhrozenMenace 
Props total: 5862 5 K  Slaps total: 399 399
 OldBusiness said
Before they get called "Microsoft Shills" I wanted to point out they gave playstation an 11-12 minute segment criticizing the cross gen stuff, and dedicated an entire video to dissing Microsoft for it last year:

Already had to shut up a few people who said "They never did this with Microsoft!"...even though in the full video where your clip came from Richard even says "just like we did with Microsoft last year...."

And for the record I don't blame Sony for going cross gen. They'd be stupid to leave 100 million + users in the dust in exchange for 7-10 million . The outrage is really happening because Sony sat back and enjoyed Microsoft getting torn to pieces for saying they were going the cross gen route and they enjoyed all that good press of supposedly being next gen focused when they knew they were doing the same sh*t.

I don't blame them tho.
that's some funny sh*t
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #23
Real 
Props total: 21839 21 K  Slaps total: 3000 3 K

+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #24
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33771 33 K  Slaps total: 2707 2 K
 Wawdy24 said
The problem is there was a pandemic. So pushing out as many PS5s as they could didn't happen. So business-wise, releasing only on the PS5, which is a console that is sold out but doesn't have the sell count as the PS4 is just dumb.

the new GOW was supposed to be a system seller. There are NO systems to buy.

This is a business audible, not breaking a promise of what they believed.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #25
McmasterlockPt2 
Props total: 4905 4 K  Slaps total: 475 475
Am I the only that don’t give a fu*k about this cross gen sh*t?
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-65online now  24
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+80online now  12
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
326 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy