"Coaching has nothing to do with winning championships!" - Shaq on Inside The NBA

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
310 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 days ago '05        #126
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
Props total: 2161 2 K  Slaps total: 226 226
 Fresh Beats said
He lost LeBron and Bosh and wasnít able to get anything in return for them. If we were able to trade either of them for a Superstar/All-Star to pair with Wade, we wouldíve still been competitive for a few more years. We already had our division on lock.
a fu*kin ham sandwich could have coached the heat to a championship with prime lebron bosh and Wade..
+1   

4 days ago '15        #127
LegendLouch 
space
space
Props total: 21939 21 K  Slaps total: 5498 5 K
Shaq trolling like a muthafu*ka

4 days ago '09        #128
That Guy Fly 
space
space
Props total: 23819 23 K  Slaps total: 7540 7 K
 DonC said
And therein lies the problem...those bozos are not analysts to me, they are entertainers. Most of these basketball sport shows have zero analysis....they just talk about mundane sh*t like how they feel about so so and so team. Some of the few that really analyze the game from an X and O standpoint include Greg Anthony, Legler, Isiah Thomas...
Zeke is trash too. It's not always about x and o. Kenny does a good job when the other two let him do it. Since Shaq came on board the analysis has taken a hit big time. Chuck and Kenny when doing other network shows do stronger analysis. They need to fire Shaq

I do like GA and Legs though. Grant Hill and Steve Smith is good too.

4 days ago '04        #129
nitetrain8601 
space
space
Props total: 8049 8 K  Slaps total: 1707 1 K
 Doc Logical said
Yo the way Shaq just took that sword and say nah, that was me. I wasn't mature.

Dude musta been on some wild sh*t.

He sound like a n*gga who knowingly did wrong, knew he was wrong (at that time) did sh*t anyway.

and has atoned like a mahfu*ka for it.
If you read his book, he basically admits that. He's one of those kids whose father was way too strict and wound up, that once he had a chance, he acted like a child and never learned how to stop.
+1   

4 days ago '08        #130
Rebuild Mode 
space
space
Props total: 17040 17 K  Slaps total: 3531 3 K
 Goop Hair It Is said
Jimmy Butler missed 22 games and they still made the playoffs in the west

And What does Avery Johnson have to do with a hall of fame coach taking a 8th seed and beating the #1 team in conference, you're moving the goalpost to fit your narrative, Golden State doesn't beat Dallas without Don Nelson
That's cause Butler got them off to a good start. They were right around .500 in the games he missed and barely made the playoffs. They were like 2nd-3rd before Butler went down.

1 series doesn't mean sh*t, it's too small of a sample size to mean anything. And you're acting like they won it all, they got their a*ses beat in the 2nd round. If Don Nelson was such a great coach why were they an 8th seed that barely made the playoffs.

4 days ago '19        #131
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 6178 6 K  Slaps total: 1361 1 K
 Rebuild Mode said
That's cause Butler got them off to a good start. They were right around .500 in the games he missed and barely made the playoffs. They were like 2nd-3rd before Butler went down.

1 series doesn't mean sh*t, it's too small of a sample size to mean anything. And you're acting like they won it all, they got their a*ses beat in the 2nd round. If Don Nelson was such a great coach why were they an 8th seed that barely made the playoffs.
Their best player Baron Davis was past his prime with a bad back and everybody else were journeymen and they still made the playoffs in the west
You think they beat the MVP and #1 team in the west with no strategy or gameplan SMH lol too many casuals on this site

4 days ago '16        #132
LilHaitiBaby 
space
space
Props total: 5673 5 K  Slaps total: 741 741
 ahmadou1 said
I think he meant as far as in game coaching. Coaches prepare you for the game and instill a system/gameplan. Itís up to the players to execute.
And if shii not working out there,its the coach who makes the adjustments halftime.

I coach basketball and was blessed to coach many great players,a few MDAA,allstate,all county and most of the time you let the great players play and figure stuff out,but when stuff get sloppy and we're struggling,thats when coaching comes in.
I see a lot of coaches over the years who have good players/teams and overcoach.
Always want to run a damn play every trip down the court.

One of my teams our first time getting to state we didnt draw up a play at the end,we let our best player(MDAA)bring it down and play for the last shot.

4 days ago '08        #133
Rebuild Mode 
space
space
 Goop Hair It Is said
Their best player Baron Davis was past his prime with a bad back and everybody else were journeymen and they still made the playoffs in the west
You think they beat the MVP and #1 team in the west with no strategy or gameplan SMH lol too many casuals on this site
Who said they didn't have a game plan? When did I ever say coaches don't do sh*t? You clearly didn't understand the whole point of what me or Shaq said. And no Baron Davis wasn't past his prime at 27 years old casual

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 days ago '17        #134
DonC 
space
space
space
Props total: 14241 14 K  Slaps total: 7225 7 K
 That Guy Fly said
Zeke is trash too. It's not always about x and o. Kenny does a good job when the other two let him do it. Since Shaq came on board the analysis has taken a hit big time. Chuck and Kenny when doing other network shows do stronger analysis. They need to fire Shaq

I do like GA and Legs though. Grant Hill and Steve Smith is good too.
Now u are talking...Kenny used to be but those fools don't let him anymore, why I didn't call him. Zeke is one of the knowledgeable guys out there and he does a good job analyzing sometimes....yes including Grant Hill and Smith
+1   

4 days ago '19        #135
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 6178 6 K  Slaps total: 1361 1 K
 Rebuild Mode said
Who said they didn't have a game plan? When did I ever say coaches don't do sh*t? You clearly didn't understand the whole point of what me or Shaq said. And no Baron Davis wasn't past his prime at 27 years old casual
Age doesn't mean sh*t d rose was past his prime at 27, Baron Davis stayed injured most of his career don't rewrite history

4 days ago '04        #136
Javon23 
space
space
Props total: 28403 28 K  Slaps total: 7272 7 K

4 days ago '08        #137
Rebuild Mode 
space
space
 Goop Hair It Is said
Age doesn't mean sh*t d rose was past his prime at 27, Baron Davis stayed injured most of his career don't rewrite history
He was putting up some of his best numbers in his career on the Warriors wtf are you talking about. He played 82 games his last season with them

Boxden full of casuals
+1   

4 days ago '07        #138
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 108643 108 K  Slaps total: 19086 19 K
 Goop Hair It Is said
And you wonder why the worst teams in the league have the most coaching changes smh
But I guess coaches are replaceable
Pick a coach, suns suck regardless

4 days ago '16        #139
ajsteele 
space
space
space
Props total: 2181 2 K  Slaps total: 528 528
 Tooly Da Gawd said
shaq proves to us every single day that despite being one of the GOATS

he was still wasted potential
Facts. I honestly believe Shaq should have been the unquestioned Greatest of All Time. His size, agility, moves. He had everything....but got fat and lazy. This is the sh*t Kobe be talking about.

3 days ago '12        #140
moneyoncjmind 
space
space
space
Props total: 848 848  Slaps total: 188 188
 KennyKing187 said
Boy you'd be dum AF if you think coaching has any thing major to do with the actual gameplay. Trust me once that ball hit the court any gameplan goes out the window. If coaching is so important in bb why don't you see them line up after every play like football. You don't because it more on the fly, at the end of the days it's about player decisions and player effort, knowing your teammates capabilities to make the right moves, to many fast decisions to make to plan.
Boy you'd be dumb af if you think they are paying coaches millions of dollars to not do anything. What's the highest level of basketball you played or coach? Because at the end of the day coaches has system in place that players run with. While mostly it may be free lance set that players run more freely than just calling a play but best believe, they are doing what they are coach in the offseason and days off.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Lil reese reportedly shot
327 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+32online now  15
Video inside Abandoned Japanese Billionaire 200,000,000 Mansion w/ Everything Left B..
69 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+107online now  6
A$AP Rocky ainít tell a single lie
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Rip bad azz