The Villian of the Harriet Tubman movie is a black man

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
305 comments @movies

section  x3   |  0 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 days ago '15        #151
ArKane24 
space
space
Props total: 1469 1 K  Slaps total: 257 257
 Pythagoras said
You got alot of hate in your heart and exposed that over time. That's fine. You're a hypocrite though. Look how easily you dismissed my family coming here for a better life and claim why can't we just "consolidate power". Maybe that's the long-term effect of colonialism? Isn't that similar to me asking you why y'all couldn't just come up after Jim Crow as minorities the way Asians have come up? You see how hypocritical that is? Colonialism ended in Nigeria as soon as the 60s bro. You need to examine the hate in your heart you have for fellow brothers and sisters in the struggle. If you wanna put a wedge between us that's fine. I'm not going to do that though. White man does and did enough of that for us. Both here and in Africa (part of the reason tribes continue to feud over "petty bullsh*t").
I’m not a hypocrite at all. The history of colonialism does have lasting effects on your people and I respect that, but Colonization is not Chattel Slavery. Your native language, family tree, and societal history is in tact, but mine sure isn’t. Your people have and always had the majority in countries colonized by whites while we were minorities in most cases. The difference is we changed our circumstances through struggle right here where we were born. We have no place to run to for “a better life” apparently if everyone is coming here (I don’t believe this, btw).

The fact that you said “coming here for a better life” is the defining difference in our experiences. The same people coming here for a better life disregard, in a lot of cases, my people’s experiences because of their limited knowledge of them. That better life your people came here for came off the back of my people, but we’re Akata and a joke behind closed doors. It’s funny that life here became better after 1965 all of a sudden right?

Last edited by ArKane24; 11-09-2019 at 08:32 AM..

4 days ago '17        #152
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
Props total: 6503 6 K  Slaps total: 1548 1 K
 ArKane24 said
I’m not a hypocrite at all. The history of colonialism does have lasting effects on your people and I respect that, but Colonization is not Chattel Slavery. Your native language, family tree, and societal history is in tact, but mine sure isn’t. Your people have and always had the majority in countries colonized by whites while were minorities in most cases. The difference is we changed our circumstances through struggle right here where we were born. We have no place to run to for “a better life” apparently if everyone is coming here (I don’t believe this, btw).

The fact that you said “coming here for a better life” is the defining difference in our experiences. The same people coming here for a better life disregard, in a lot of cases, my people’s experiences because of their limited knowledge of them. That better life your people came here for came off the back of my people, but we’re Akata and a joke behind closed doors. It’s funny that life here became better after 1965 all of a sudden right?
You must not fully understand the extent of poverty in Nigeria if you don't believe coming here leads to a better life for many ppl. I gotta stop responding to you. You've made your world view clear:

1.) You're superior to me because you have american roots that go way back
2.) We not the same, black ppl are and should be separate from African/Carribeans etc.
3.) I'm riding your cottails and should be grateful to be able to.
4.) Africans are ungrateful and look down on you (this is very untrue but you keep repeating it and acting as if I'm calling you akata) and shouldn't be allowed to speak as black ppl.

This sh*t reads like a white supremacist manifesto. The white man is winning. You've been thoroughly brainwashed.

Also, great job casually dismissing colonialism in a race to be the most aggrieved. You such a hypocrite it's unbelievable.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 11-08-2019 at 02:28 PM..

4 days ago '19        #153
pxssykxlla 
space
space
space
Props total: 215 215  Slaps total: 118 118
 stlcardinals19 said
I knew that there were a few free Blacks in the South that were involved in kidnapping rings back in those days, so it's not truly impossible for a mercenary hunter to be Black. But I mean.................why make a slavery-Era piece about a badass Black woman and NOT get some satisfactory violence in, whether it was historically documented or not, against White Supremacists/Slavers for the Black audience in today's world of rampant White Supremacy still going on? Like maybe the slaver knocks out the overzealous Black hunter sure, but like then he gets shot w/a cannon and then his entire band of friends get lit on fire or something cathartic like that. But instead she just lets him go..................

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?
The blowback would be too big. That would create copycats who in turn would rile up the supremacists and put the country into a state ripe for martial law. You must tread sensibly, if not lightly, on these subjects as the minds of the ill are susceptible to it as a wick is flame.

4 days ago '15        #154
ArKane24 
space
space
 Pythagoras said
You must not fully understand the extent of poverty in Nigeria if you don't believe coming here leads to a better life for many ppl. I gotta stop responding to you. You've made your world view clear:

1.) You're superior to me because you have american roots that go way back
2.) We not the same, black ppl are and should be separate from African/Carribeans etc.
3.) I'm riding your cottails and should be grateful to be able to.
4.) Africans are ungrateful and look down on you (this is very untrue but you keep repeating it and acting as if I'm calling you akata) and shouldn't be allowed to speak as black ppl.

This sh*t reads like a white supremacist manifesto. The white man is winning. You've been thoroughly brainwashed.

Also, great job casually dismissing colonialism in a race to be the most aggrieved. You such a hypocrite it's unbelievable.
1-4 , excluding 3 are all lies twisted from my clear and distinct statements on my stance.

1. I am not, nor never claimed to be superior.

2. We are not the same. We, as in native Africans and Diasporans descended from Chattel slaves, have such a different dynamic experience that it would be impossible for you to fully understand. And stop throwing shots in the dark for help from Carribeans and other descendants of enslaved Africans in the Western Hemisphere. You’re not the same as them either.

3. True, You DID and ARE STILL riding our coat tails and should be EXTREMELY grateful. Your people wouldn’t have ran there a*ses over here pre-1965 for a so-called “better life”. We made it appealing to come here. Note, Black African Nigerians were running for political office in Parliament while we were still under Jim Crow segregation. What constitutes a better life?

4. You can speak on Macro Black issues and your specific people’s micro issues without denigrating our specific micro issues with dismissive lines like “you weren’t a slave” or “ it’s not your Grandma’s day anymore”. Other than that, GTFOH.

Lastly, I didn’t dismiss colonialism, it was terrible and has affected continental African unity in the worst way. I’m aware of Leopold and others like him and what they did. I simply made a distinction of circumstances. I wouldn’t choose either, but if I had to it would be colonialism. At least I would know who I am, where my lineage descends from, my native language, my extended history, and my culture which would always be a foundation to build from. We have none of that, do you understand?

We are not the same, just like I’m not from a wealthy family or a poverty stricken family so I can’t act as if I know what’s best for them.

With much respect for your people, culture, and history, I say mind your goddamn business.

Last edited by ArKane24; 11-09-2019 at 08:34 AM..

4 days ago '17        #155
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
I
 ArKane24 said
1-4 , excluding 3 are all lies twisted from my clear and distinct statements on my stance.

1. I am not, nor never claimed to be superior.

2. We are not the same. We, as in native Africans and Diasporans descended from Chattel slaves, have such a different dynamic experience that it would be impossible for you to fully understand. And stop throwing shots in the dark for help to Carribeans and other descendants of enslaved Africans in the Western Hemisphere in with native Africans, you’re not the same as them either.

3. True, You DID and ARE STILL riding our coat tails and should be EXTREMELY grateful. Your people wouldn’t have ran there a*ses over here pre-1965 for a so-called “better life”. We made it appealing to come here. Note, Black African Nigerians were running for political office in Parliament while we were still under Jim Crow segregation. What constitutes a better life?

4. You can speak on Macro Black issues and your specific people’s micro issues without denigrating our specific micro issues with dismissive lines like “you weren’t a slave” or “ it’s not your Grandma’s day anymore”. Other than that, GTFOH.

Lastly, I didn’t dismiss colonialism, it was terrible and has affected continental African unity in the worst way. I’m aware of Leopold and others like him and what they did. I simply made a distinction of circumstances. I wouldn’t choose either, but if I had to it would be colonialism. At least I would know who I am, where my lineage descends from, my native language, my extended history, and my culture which would always be a foundation to build from. We have none of that, do you understand?

We are not the same, just like I’m not from a wealthy family or a poverty stricken family so I can’t act as if I know what’s best for them.

With much respect for your people, culture, and history, I say mind your goddamn business.
1.) You literally said you're superior.

2.) I understand you believe we should be separated, no need to reiterate.

3.) White supremacists would say the founding fathers founded this country and we're all riding their coattails and should be grateful. You're making the same exact argument.

4.) You've denigrated me every post. Make light of colonialism (denigrating whole continents). It's a fact you weren't a slave. It's a fact that, today, as we step out of the door and into America, we experiencing the same thing. They don't separate ADOS racism from African racism. They don't separate ADOS police brutality from African police brutality in America. That's all I'm saying and that's a fact. n*gga, u better stop trying to own the mantle of your ancestors suffering. sh*t is disrespectful af. You ain't go through what they went through. That's a fact not a denigration. Yes, black America is still feeling the effects and I'm all for looking for ways to solve that. sh*t my first post I said Im good with ADOS getting reparations and not us. That's cool, I don't need the money. But that doesn't mean you experienced Jim Crow or Slavery either. Get that sh*t through your head.

You hate Africans, it's pretty clear.

4 days ago '17        #156
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
 ArKane24 said

Edit: And hell yeah I feel superior in the context of America. We’re still here after all they and your people did to us. The fact that you have a problem recognizing that we survived/are survivors in a country built to exploit/murder us and you ride our coat tails to this day is telling.
You feel superior as an American. So black Americans in America are superior to Africans in America. It's apparent you feel above me cuz your roots go back hundreds of years here. Yet you have the nerve to say u never said u were superior? Lmao. You got alot of hate in your heart but that's aight. I feel sorry for you, Im def not mad at you. I'm good over here. Fam good so it's all good. I'm on the come up, hope you are too.

4 days ago '15        #157
ArKane24 
space
space
 Pythagoras said
I

1.) You literally said you're superior.

2.) I understand you believe we should be separated, no need to reiterate.

3.) White supremacists would say the founding fathers founded this country and we're all riding their coattails and should be grateful. You're making the same exact argument.

4.) You've denigrated me every post. Make light of colonialism (denigrating whole continents). It's a fact you weren't a slave. It's a fact that, today, as we step out of the door and into America, we experiencing the same thing. They don't separate ADOS racism from African racism. They don't separate ADOS police brutality from African police brutality in America. That's all I'm saying and that's a fact. n*gga, u better stop trying to own the mantle of your ancestors suffering. sh*t is disrespectful af. You ain't go through what they went through. That's a fact not a denigration. Yes, black America is still feeling the effects and I'm all for looking for ways to solve that. sh*t my first post I said Im good with ADOS getting reparations and not us. That's cool, I don't need the money. But that doesn't mean you experienced Jim Crow or Slavery either. Get that sh*t through your head.

You hate Africans, it's pretty clear.

Hereís an article in the NYT about the differences between our people and why itís important that we are distinct and why your views are not/canít be the same as ours without shared lineages. It invites obvious conflicting views into the arena of Justice in our behalf.

Here is a comment from a Haitian-American immigrant that understands what Iím saying:

TC
Newburgh, NY1h ago
@iam Wallace As a Haitian-American I understand the sentiment that you expressed in your post. If I am pulled over by a racist cop my experience may be similar to an ADOS. But what you fail to realize is that as a Black person whose family were immigrants my family does not have a specific experience that is distinct to ADOS. The African family that you mentioned does not have a legacy where their ancestors dealt with American Slavery, Convict Leasing, Jim Crow, Red Lining, Crack Cocaine, Mass Incarceration, etc. Those experiences are specific to ADOS, not Haitians, Jamaicans, Nigerians, etc. ADOS were promised reparations at one point after slavery and the US Government reneged on their promise to them. After the US Government caused irreparable harm on ADOS it's only right that ADOS is owed a debt for what they suffered and continue to suffer from. A debt is owed to ADOS and that debt must be paid to them. This is what we would call justice in America.

Get it now? Nobody hates you, mind your goddamn business.

4 days ago '17        #158
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
 ArKane24 said

Hereís an article in the NYT about the differences between our people and why itís important that we are distinct and why your views are not/canít be the same as ours without shared lineages. It invites obvious conflicting views into the arena of Justice in our behalf.

Here is a comment from a Haitian-American immigrant that understands what Iím saying:

TC
Newburgh, NY1h ago
@iam Wallace As a Haitian-American I understand the sentiment that you expressed in your post. If I am pulled over by a racist cop my experience may be similar to an ADOS. But what you fail to realize is that as a Black person whose family were immigrants my family does not have a specific experience that is distinct to ADOS. The African family that you mentioned does not have a legacy where their ancestors dealt with American Slavery, Convict Leasing, Jim Crow, Red Lining, Crack Cocaine, Mass Incarceration, etc. Those experiences are specific to ADOS, not Haitians, Jamaicans, Nigerians, etc. ADOS were promised reparations at one point after slavery and the US Government reneged on their promise to them. After the US Government caused irreparable harm on ADOS it's only right that ADOS is owed a debt for what they suffered and continue to suffer from. A debt is owed to ADOS and that debt must be paid to them. This is what we would call justice in America.

Get it now? Nobody hates you, mind your goddamn business.
I never said I was against ados getting reparations. What I originally said is that we gotta stop trying to separate each other and all need to look out for each other. It's us against the world. It appears you don't understand that.

4 days ago '15        #159
ArKane24 
space
space
 Pythagoras said
You feel superior as an American. So black Americans in America are superior to Africans in America. It's apparent you feel above me cuz your roots go back hundreds of years here. Yet you have the nerve to say u never said u were superior? Lmao. You got alot of hate in your heart but that's aight. I feel sorry for you, Im def not mad at you. I'm good over here. Fam good so it's all good. I'm on the come up, hope you are too.
You implied it first so I indulged in your foolishness. I feel that my people’s distinct condition in this country is not the same as yours as a result of WS policies stretching hundreds of years back. I’m glad you’re good and I hope you continue to be. I’m all the way straight this way, no need for your sympathy.

4 days ago '17        #160
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
 ArKane24 said
You implied it first so I indulged in your foolishness. I feel that my peopleís distinct condition in this country is not the same as yours as a result of WS policies stretching hundreds of years back. Iím glad youíre good and I hope you continue to be. Iím all the way straight this way, no need for your sympathy.
You said how u feel. And have doubled down on it a few times. You just a different type of supremacist tbh.

4 days ago '15        #161
ArKane24 
space
space
 Pythagoras said
You said how u feel. And have doubled down on it a few times. You just a different type of supremacist tbh.
A different kind from you is all.

Edit: Stop trying to switch the narrative and agree to disagree.

4 days ago '15        #162
ArKane24 
space
space
 Pythagoras said
I never said I was against ados getting reparations. What I originally said is that we gotta stop trying to separate each other and all need to look out for each other. It's us against the world. It appears you don't understand that.
I understand that on a macro level, as I clearly said. It’s the micro level where we differentiate, We have the same ultimate worldwide cause, but we each have our own specific issues to address. I support your people in yours and hopefully you do ours. That is all.

4 days ago '17        #163
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 9683 9 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
[quote]Listen, I can trace mine to a plantation in North Carolina too. The point of my whole back and is for him not to disparage other Diasporansí struggles, itís for them to respect our experience individually like we do theirs. Our struggle is not the same on the micro-level, but on the macro-level it is 100% the same. Again, Iím not bashing Africans.
[quote/]

Respect goes both ways brah. Not a lot of Black "Americans" respect other African descent ppl's plights and struggles. A lot actually behave like their oppressor in a sense. Where we think the globe revolves around us and we OWN being BLACK.

The Trans-Atlantic slave trade (from Brazil to Canada and everything in between) and itís aftermath is just incomparable to anything his people could ever conceive of being a product of. We had no base of knowledge of self/lineage/language and built our own in blood, he and his people have knowledge of self. Some of them are still proud of all the wealth their families gained from collaboration with ofay to get us out of there in the first place.
This is misinformation. Africa by and large didn't benefit from slavery. Africans on the continent might have more connection with their ancestry than we do but by and large they were colonized. Go to Africa and you see many countries on the continent speaking their oppressor's language and religion no different than we are. Europeans committed mass genocide and divided lands into political countries for their own benefit. Europe is incredibly wealthy because of what they took and continue to take from Africa.

You say some of them are still proud? Who? You also forget that before Europe started the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade their were Arabs/Muslims creating a slave trade in Africa that weakened the continent. To the point it made it easier for Europeans/Americans to take over in the slave trade.

This isnít about roasting, thatís apples to oranges. That high school/corner sh*t is irrelevant here. Iím from the South, not the East or West, we werenít raised around other Ethnic black folks for the most part so weíre largely not a part of that bullsh*t. We had US, period. Itís about respecting the mind of the people that went through it from the gate, not after the foundation was laid for a semblance of equality and come judging us based on their (short) experiences here.
Your from an area that doesn't have a lot of Continental Africans yet you can generalize and speak on them as if you know what's up. I live in Houston btw which has a lot of Nigerians. I'm cool with a lot of Nigerians and other Continental Africans. Where are you getting this idea that Africans by and large don't respect US? And everybody's childhood effects how they perceive people into adulthood.

We all donít share common ancestors of any consequence (as in thousands of years), either. Even if that was the case it doesnít count for much in his own culture if youíre not his particular tribesman. As far as claiming ďAmericanĒ goes, letís not start with the technicalities Bro. Weíre here, always have been, and weíre not going anywhere. We can call it whatever, but itís ours regardless of the white man. My people lived, loved, were hated, and died in this fu*king place. We are those same people and he has no right to tell us we arenít.
Tribesman? African people in many different countries on the continent don't even use that language to describe themselves. And African Americans and Africans aren't separated from each other by THOUSANDS of YEARS. So genetically your generally still African. And even our traditions and customs are still African just "Americanized" due to slavery of course.

America is not ours. If we're not treated equally or don't own a bulk of the country than this sh*t is not ours. We're just renting this bi*ch. If we don't control laws/policies or anything that truly matters when it comes to finances and quality of life than it aint ours. What good is it to claim it's ours if we don't benefit from it? If you can agree we're treated like 2nd hell 3rd class citizens in this country than what's the benefit of claiming this sh*t? or pretending it's OURS?

4 days ago '17        #164
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 9683 9 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
 ArKane24 said
I didnít forget anything and never discounted those of us whose lineage extends through the Transatlantic slave trade which includes all of the people brought to or enslaved in the Western Hemisphere. I specifically said he shouldnít speak on our issues flippantly like I shouldnít speak on his in that way. I donít know the nuances of his peopleís experience just as he doesnít know mine. Get out of your feelings and read between the lines of what they think of us and our history/culture. Itís a dismissive attitude that Iím not going for, period.

You donít need to try to educate me on tribal participation in the exportation of other Africans into slavery and those who didnít/resisted. Iím well aware of certain tribes that were collaborators and those tribes that resisted them and their white benefactors. Their are tribes documented as collaborators and those that arenít, no need to guess on who did what.

Also, be easy with the abstract genetic relation angle, you donít know who youíre related to genetically because of the legacy of the same slave trade that separated us to begin with. Your skin color isnít an indicator of relation to a person except on the surface. There is so much genetic diversity on the continent that you may not have any relation to him at all ( of consequence). I donít think Iím superior to or hate Africans, Iím just not going for any slander of my peopleís experience. And youíre fu*king right, I said MY PEOPLE.
You know how many Black Americans were co-conspirators to our demise here on this country? Every slave revolt had a couple of agents. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Every pro black organization had AGENTS that conspired with the system to tear us down. These were Black Americans. Do you generalize yourself in a negative light because a few traitors?

You say their were tribes that were in on it but that's not entirely true. Their were Individuals that represented self that engaged in the slave trade. Some of those individuals who engaged ended up being slaves themselves sent to America.

You can easily get a DNA test from African ancestry.com to find out what specific ethnic group you come from. DNA never lies. Btw, you gotta stop using the white man's language to get your point across. You all over the place based off the dumb sh*t ADOS founders and now this Foundational sh*t is kicking. Them mothafu*kers are agents.

4 days ago '15        #165
ArKane24 
space
space
 Petieparker said
You know how many Black Americans were co-conspirators to our demise here on this country? Every slave revolt had a couple of agents. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Every pro black organization had AGENTS that conspired with the system to tear us down. These were Black Americans. Do you generalize yourself in a negative light because a few traitors?

You say their were tribes that were in on it but that's not entirely true. Their were Individuals that represented self that engaged in the slave trade. Some of those individuals who engaged ended up being slaves themselves sent to America.

You can easily get a DNA test from African ancestry.com to find out what specific ethnic group you come from. DNA never lies. Btw, you gotta stop using the white man's language to get your point across. You all over the place based off the dumb sh*t ADOS founders and now this Foundational sh*t is kicking. Them mothafu*kers are agents.
Refer to my back and forth with old boy for answers to your questions and rebuttals to your insinuations of me being ignorant of DNA being less than 1% accurate in identifying heritage and ignorant of historical facts regarding slave trading TRIBES (start at the Fulani Tribes). This convo is over Bro.

Edit: DNA testing has many cons and pros that affect their accuracy/validity.

Lastly, fu*k that agent talk. We need to be specific about our ancestry just like everyone else. A census identification separate from other ethnicities is necessary for us to move forward. Foundational Black American is a more fitting name than ADOS. fu*k the rhetoric, this sh*t is long overdue.

Last edited by ArKane24; 11-08-2019 at 06:26 PM..

4 days ago '09        #166
Saints-R-Us 
space
space
Props total: 204 204  Slaps total: 30 30
 EZ Green said
This is the exact problem I have with Django. But muhfu*kas love that sh*t
I have yet to see that. Too damn long

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  13
Video inside Abandoned Japanese Billionaire 200,000,000 Mansion w/ Everything Left B..
69 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Lil reese reportedly shot
325 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+107online now  11
A$AP Rocky ainít tell a single lie