online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

T.I. Compares Current Generation Of Hip Hop To Random Amateurs Being Invited To Join NBA

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '20        #51
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 133047 133 K  Slaps total: 41356 41 K
He's right

3 months ago '22        #52
lovetalkgames 
Props total: 11191 11 K  Slaps total: 2314 2 K
 FrivolousSports said 🔗
whatís considered new

Last 10 years?
Last 5 years.

3 months ago '17        #53
sweetermanz 
Props total: 9575 9 K  Slaps total: 1252 1 K
 Aquas said 🔗
Hip hop died when the Polo Gs, Juice Words and x#xs came along.
x#x and Juiceworld were very talented. You donít know what youíre talking about. They rapped and sang.

XXX was out here rapping over boom bap and made it a bop
+2   

3 months ago '14        #54
Aquas 
Props total: 6357 6 K  Slaps total: 1367 1 K
 sweetermanz said 🔗
XXX and Juiceworld were very talented. You donít know what youíre talking about.
If youre white/a suburbanite, then yea.

3 months ago '17        #55
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 182690 182 K  Slaps total: 55732 55 K
 reelife said 🔗
Well you can't really plant an NBA player

But there are players who do absolutely nothing to show talent, but still get paid off of it and also can say they are officially nba playersÖ.

3 months ago '21        #56
MR UNLIMITED 
Props total: 3930 3 K  Slaps total: 533 533
emoji
He ainít lying.

3 months ago '22        #57
Mainman301  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10808 10 K  Slaps total: 4076 4 K
Someone could say the exact same thing about podcasts.

Everyone and their mama has a podcast now

3 months ago '04        #58
Real 
Props total: 52394 52 K  Slaps total: 8436 8 K
So nobody watched the clip lol

3 months ago '05        #59
thisisme 
Props total: 525 525  Slaps total: 46 46
Isn't that the exact same thing comedians say when he brings his weird a$s around the comedy store telling jokes?

emoji

emoji

3 months ago '14        #60
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x179
Props total: 123404 123 K  Slaps total: 9669 9 K
 PackerTrelli3 said 🔗
But there are players who do absolutely nothing to show talent, but still get paid off of it and also can say they are officially nba playersÖ.
Ye but they ain't superstars, they can be the 13th man off the bench and are still better than 99% of normal folks

With rap a plant can become a superstar

NBA you gotta have some level of talent

3 months ago '15        #61
40 acres 
Props total: 23249 23 K  Slaps total: 3075 3 K
Honestly rap and nba both mirror each other. A bunch of n1ggas chasing money with no heart for it. These n1ggas dont even rap anymore. They just snitch on beat

3 months ago '17        #62
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 182690 182 K  Slaps total: 55732 55 K
If we are calling a spade a spade, white rappers take the art of rap more seriously than black rappers.

And what’s crazy is that if u post a dope white rapper, like let’s say millyz…. n1ggas will say it’s trash, weak, no ski1l, corny etc but will call future a GOAT. And it’s even worse if you say a rapper like millyz is better than future.

It’s especially night and day when u compare white female rappers to black ones.

We gotta start takin rap more seriously in terms of ski1ls. Not every song has to be for the club, the whip, the party etc or be judged AGAINST that. just show you KNOW how to rap

It’s just an easy way to make money now. Notice we don’t have any instrumentalists. Everybody’s running to RAP. Everybody wanna RAP

3 months ago '22        #63
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22846 22 K  Slaps total: 2782 2 K
 PackerTrelli3 said 🔗
If we are calling a spade a spade, white rappers take the art of rap more seriously than black rappers.

And whatís crazy is that if u post a dope white rapper, like letís say millyzÖ. n1ggas will say itís trash, weak, no ski1l, corny etc but will call future a GOAT. And itís even worse if you say a rapper like millyz is better than future.

Itís especially night and day when u compare white female rappers to black ones.

We gotta start takin rap more seriously in terms of ski1ls. Not every song has to be for the club, the whip, the party etc or be judged AGAINST that. just show you KNOW how to rap

Itís just an easy way to make money now. Notice we donít have any instrumentalists. Everybodyís running to RAP. Everybody wanna RAP
No the fu#k they donít.

3 months ago '05        #64
Quddus 
Props total: 18843 18 K  Slaps total: 3686 3 K
 Carl said 🔗
TI is a legend knows that hip hop is dead
He is but he needs to clarify. Because hip hop is not dead.

Mainstream hip hop is dead. I am glad it's nothing but junk out there and people are getting tired of it.
+1   

3 months ago '15        #65
ChoAssUp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 119216 119 K  Slaps total: 6155 6 K
The first name that comes to my mind that fits what Tip is saying perfectly is 21 Savage. My God is that dude horrible. Every time I hear that monotone, remedial, short bus, football helmet a$s sh1t I wanna rip my ears off.
+3   

3 months ago '04        #66
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 95958 95 K  Slaps total: 18264 18 K
Give me one memorable TI bar

3 months ago '15        #67
SmokinBigDope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22666 22 K  Slaps total: 4202 4 K
Meanwhile this dude was given movie deals etc right out the gate. But swear he made it from the trenches. Nobody believes you Clifford .

3 months ago '21        #68
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 20171 20 K  Slaps total: 7017 7 K
That DMX story sounds a little Snoop like. That man lying or mixed the details.

3 months ago '22        #69
lovetalkgames 
 Javon23 said 🔗
Give me one memorable TI bar
I’ll take yo cookies

3 months ago '22        #70
lovetalkgames 
 SmokinBigDope said 🔗
Meanwhile this dude was given movie deals etc right out the gate. But swear he made it from the trenches. Nobody believes you Clifford .
He dropped multiple hot albums before being offered ATL, which by all accounts wasnít even a high budget film.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #71
ChefCurry  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9306 9 K  Slaps total: 1027 1 K
 SmokinBigDope said 🔗
No he wasn't. ATL released in what, 06?

TIP's 1st deal from around '01 fell thru then got with Atlantic around '03.

Last edited by ChefCurry; 03-04-2024 at 10:23 AM..
+2   

3 months ago '17        #72
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42052 42 K  Slaps total: 6842 6 K
Everybody who made it is gonna say that their process was the best. I wasnt seein this love for a&rs and gatekeepers during the mixtape/backpack era. For every ti theres a 100 bobby rays.
+2   

3 months ago '22        #73
KawoSango 
Props total: 711 711  Slaps total: 58 58
For those who are trained musicians he is 100% correct - music like many things in the past was a closed society of people who could write , sing , arrange , produce , & play. Even prodigies so talented they are/were self taught.

I come from a musical family & spent time in the church where people woke up talented. K

The bar was super high to even be on the same stage - if you couldnít hang you were a backup at best.

This goes for rap and singing as well, and if youíre so inclined you wouldnít call what we are getting now music. Now It is artistry and curation, and talent has taken a back seat. The kids love it though - the weirder the better.

M
+2   

3 months ago '17        #74
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 102115 102 K  Slaps total: 21686 21 K
Everybody has a fu#kin podcast Jesus Christ.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #75
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42052 42 K  Slaps total: 6842 6 K
 Gravity said 🔗
In 1996, T.I. befriended local rapper Big Kuntry King, together they sold mixtapes out of the trunk of their car. Kawan "KP" Prather, a record executive, discovered T.I. and then signed him to his record label Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment.

Upon signing with Arista Records subsidiary LaFace Records in 1999, he shortened his name from Tip to T.I.

T.I. released his debut album, I'm Serious, in October 2001 through Arista Records.[17] The album spawned the single of the same name featuring Jamaican reggae artist Beenie Man on June 26, 2001. The single received little airplay and failed to chart. The album features guest appearances from his Southern hip hop group P$C, Jazze Pha, Too Short, Bone Crusher, Lil Jon, Pastor Troy and YoungBloodZ, as well as Pharrell Williams of American record production team The Neptunes (who called him "the Jay-Z of the South").[18]

The production for I'm Serious, was handled by The Neptunes, DJ Toomp, Madvac and The Grand Hustle Team. Despite the album's guests appearances and production team, the album peaked at number 98 and only sold 163,000 copies in the United States.

Due to the poor commercial reception of the album, T.I. was dropped from Arista Records.[17] He then formed Grand Hustle Entertainment and began releasing several mixtapes with the assistance of DJ Drama. He resurfaced in mid-2003, appearing on fellow Atlanta-based rapper and former label-mate Bone Crusher's hit single, "Never Scared". His mixtapes and mainstream exposure from "Never Scared", eventually recaptured major label attention and T.I. signed a joint venture deal with Atlantic Records.
I'm Serious "only" sold 163K records. Man how times have changed

emoji
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+12010
Video inside Ex Husband Responds To Single Mom Who Baked Herself A Cake For Her Birt..
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+968
Image(s) inside May 24 - A Furious, Forgotten Slave Narrative Resurfaces After Nearly ..
80 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside DEBATE: DRAKE vs KENDRICK LAMAR.......WHO TOOK THE "W" IN YALL OPINIONS..
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+354
logo Molly on ESPN doing 360ís to show Shannon sharpe her body!
112 comments
24 hours ago
@sports