Dude says that rappers are just glorified employees in the culture that they created

most viewed right now
49 comments @misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '17        #76
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
space
$711 | Props total: 2513 2513
Pretty sure Mos tried to tell yall this a long time ago.

[video - click to view]

+2   

3 months ago '09        #77
izlar928 83 heat pts83
space
space
$2,135 | Props total: 2325 2325
I'm black and white and I hate both
And this thread is the reason why
+2   

3 months ago '18        #78
Gmac 
space
space
space
$283 | Props total: 658 658
Was your culture, until they repackaged it with poison and sold it back to you. It's their culture now, they just sit back and reap the benefits of a society that poisons itself with the music. Don't get me wrong, I like rap music but I see it for what it is, mental poison. Not talking about all rap, but the majority (drugs, violence, s*x, devil worship, etc). Then parents let their kids listen to it and it creates a negative cycle. Kids grow up thinking it's ok to sell drugs and "do what u gotta do to survive" which on these days can be anything from scamming, selling drugs, being gay for pay, murder, robbery to stealing milk from the gas station and showing your 5 year old child how to steal. Then people are like, that's just real life, but imagine if everybody was on that, the whole u.s. would be a third world country, every City just like Detroit.
+2   

3 months ago '16        #79
3LIT3 
space
space
space
$817 | Props total: 815 815
They stole rock n roll
And jazz is fading

3 months ago '04        #80
octane 
space
space
$5,085 | Props total: 2659 2659
Y'all n*ggas still signin' deals? Still?
After all they done stole, for real?
After what they done to our Lauryn Hill?
And y'all n*ggas is 'posed to be trill?
That's real talk when you behind on your taxes
And you pawned all your chains
And they run off with your masters
And took it to Beverly Hills
While we in Calabasas
And my head is scratchin'
'Cause that sh*t is backwards
That sh*t ain't right
Lucian is cool but Lucian don't write
Doug ain't this tight, so
fu*k what we sellin'
fu*k is we makin'?
'Cause their grass is greener
'Cause they always rakin' in mo'
Nah, nah, nah...
+2   

3 months ago '17        #81
dubsax 15 heat pts15
space
space
$9,231 | Props total: 29012 29012
Black made > Black owned.

The pie serves more being black made than it does being black owned and made by someone else.
+3   

3 months ago '18        #82
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 2468 2468
 Gmac said
Was your culture, until they repackaged it with poison and sold it back to you. It's their culture now, they just sit back and reap the benefits of a society that poisons itself with the music. Don't get me wrong, I like rap music but I see it for what it is, mental poison. Not talking about all rap, but the majority (drugs, violence, s*x, devil worship, etc). Then parents let their kids listen to it and it creates a negative cycle. Kids grow up thinking it's ok to sell drugs and "do what u gotta do to survive" which on these days can be anything from scamming, selling drugs, being gay for pay, murder, robbery to stealing milk from the gas station and showing your 5 year old child how to steal. Then people are like, that's just real life, but imagine if everybody was on that, the whole u.s. would be a third world country, every City just like Detroit.
Anyways the founding fathers of hip hop can bring up a lawsuit to this Jewish companies that own hip hop?

[video - click to view]

3 months ago '12        #83
Theboybreblue 73 heat pts73
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 9193 9193
 TheRealFetti said
Here what he said about Jay and Diddy

I don’t believe him. He’s stating what he thinks are facts, but hasn’t shown us factual evidence.
Also, roc nation ISNT owned by live nation. They have a partnership...Rod Nation is its own company AWAY from live nation. Let’s stop following these no name n*ggas on Twitter, B. Lol

Last edited by Theboybreblue; 02-10-2019 at 02:03 PM..
+4   

3 months ago '04        #84
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$18,154 | Props total: 9662 9662
 Gmac said
Didn’t mean to slap, my bad.

3 months ago '12        #85
Frankybaby 121 heat pts121
space
space
$6,192 | Props total: 16033 16033
When was Hip hop ever black owned ?, i stopped reading right there

3 months ago '05        #86
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,364 | Props total: 12339 12339
There are enough folks in the industry with monry who could start taking it back but dont seem to be trying. I dont follow it outside of the music so I could be wrong.

3 months ago '17        #87
myPOWER 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,949 | Props total: 3504 3504
Blueface’s whole career should tell you all you need to know about these artists. They’re not just employees, they’re puppets.
+2   

3 months ago '11        #88
kevin boogz 146 heat pts146
space
space
$4,957 | Props total: 11546 11546
 Rule 336 said
Instead of acknowledging what he said as true, y'all are name calling.. Jay Z spent the whole 4:44 album talking about this. Jay knows he may have been apart of the problem in the past and is righting his wrongs by trying to lead the younger generation in a different path from what he took.
I said this as well and people called me a hater cause it was about their favorite rappers.

what people don't understand is, its not about who is a billionaire or not it is about how many brands we make billions cause these rappers keep promoting it. but are not going to promote a black owned company.

look at kanye he almost k*lled himself trying to work with LV instead of starting his own or work with high brand black owned business. but he wanted that approval and cosign of a white company.
+3   

3 months ago '17        #89
myPOWER 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,949 | Props total: 3504 3504
What people don’t understand is how easily it is to manipulate these kids that come from poverty.

They have no idea how numbers work.

The person who puts them on can pay them $100k salary for the year and it will sound fire. Just put some shiny things in front him, give him some jewelry, cars, and some clothing budget and artist will probably be straight.

Black peoples taking advantage of kids poverty too, y’all just too dumb and fragile to admit it. They ain’t doing nothing diff that the white man has done.
+3   

3 months ago '18        #90
Passport 
space
space
space
$193 | Props total: 378 378
 TheRealFetti said
Honestly I got to shout out Jamaicans for their involvement in creating hip hop because their party culture with the DJ/Selector, toasting, etc is hip hop. Plus Dancehall caught on in the states if you on the East Coast especially NYC or LI cause n*ggas be Caribbean and have dancehall functions that be better than most parties.
Jamaicans did not have as big an involvement in hip hop as people claim. We gotta stop this bullsh*t by now. Even Kool Herc has admitted this himself. Give it a rest. Funk and Soul records were being sampled back in the day, not ska or reggae records. Jamaicans in NY were not messing with rap music early

please end this myth already
+2   

3 months ago '05        #91
OG T Gutta N 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,219 | Props total: 4404 4404
This hurts a lot of folk feelings in here in regards to their heros , but he is not wrong.

I think it can be taken as a very aggressive stance but here is another perspective or a lighter way of saying "we need to invest in each other"

In order to build wealth in a community , money must be exchanged in that group. Other communities have countries with natives they can depend on. In America , the best you can do is be "bought out" as he mentions , give up ownership to get the bag. Its the western capitalistic way. Who has the current bag in the entertainment industry , white , Europeans , and ultimately Jews. Hence subsidiaries talk.

If Jay put his $ into Diddy , thats will do far more for the community , than Jay putting $ into another pockets. The problem is , the infrastructure to make this possible cost $ that simply isn't in the community. Distribution, communication, media outlets , etc... You're talking about building infrastructure that require debt of 1/3rd - 1/2 of Hovs entire wealth at minimum , you're talking projects that need billions in capital to start , let alone be profitable in an already monopolized industry.

Real Estate is the most solidified attainable industry that is for wealth building. When this guy posts the diddy clip , that rhetoric "we need to build sh*t" is exactly what they are talking about . A lot of those avenues are closed at that level , and ultimately in order to innovate at that level but regardless we have to go to the basics of influencing the core educational principles to get there. "Building sh*t" can't be the solution to what engineers are supposed to be creating within our community , and "building sh*t" means , these Hovs and Diddys' must create avenues beyond the typical. Its some young black kid out there with an invention that either will be stolen , or bought out , when Lil Boosie could have put up 200k on him instead being the face of a chip company , not to say what boosie or whoever should do with $ but its the truth in terms of a "community" mindset.

Beyond that the disconnect from African and African Americans with money is huge when it comes down to it. There is no reason these black entertainers shouldn't be jewelers and putting these resources into play.

[pic - click to view]

Nipsey should be having oil trucks pulling up to chevron and 76 , Hov should be having gold and diamonds in jewelry stores sh*tting on kay tiffanys, diddy should be having his own home depot , Beyonce with her own starbucks , chrome rim Forgiatto or some sh*t , thats the type of money the op is speaking of.
+3   

3 months ago '17        #92
Iduzdis 
space
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 3469 3469
Well, he’s lying with a lot of his information. It’s pure speculation about the ownerships etc...

A culture doesn’t not have owners. The founding rappers etc still stand as creators of the culture. Who created the business is another thing.

So his argument can only be about business.
On that note, what’s new here? White supremacy and America don’t allow blacks to own anything, not just hip hop. Moot declaration from dude. He thinks he’s came to a revaluation and enlightening people: sit down n*gga lol

Last edited by Iduzdis; 02-10-2019 at 03:16 PM..

3 months ago '17        #93
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,141 | Props total: 3618 3618
 ralo said
I’m sure the CEO of live nation is worth close to Jay Z net worth or a little under with more power than him. He cuts the checks to Jay not the other way around. Look up Michael Rapino he grossed 70 mill in 2017 he’s been the CEO since 2005 with the company growing every year so you do the math
You're wrong. Try again. Jay is a valuable business partner to live Nation. He'd get rapino fired before the other way around. Y'all need to learn game. Rapino isn't a billionaire or anywhere near it, he's the CEO of a public business - not that hard to figure out his earnings. Btw, you can also purchase live Nation stock (NYSE: LYV) if that's your inclination.

3 months ago '17        #94
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,141 | Props total: 3618 3618
 mainevent212 said
If rappers are making millions imagine what the label heads are making
The label heads are mostly employees. It's like saying if LeBron is making $ imagine wat are the GMs are making. Not LBJ money. Satya Nadella is CEO of Microsoft, one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world, he doesn't have Jay Z money (he'll probably get there eventually if he keeps doing a good job). Cuz he wasn't on the ground floor when the company was founded.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 02-10-2019 at 03:47 PM..

3 months ago '06        #95
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$37,493 | Props total: 22949 22949
 TheRealFetti said
Even though this sh*t is hilarious, he brings up a somewhat valid point. Us as African Americans always created several cultural creative things only for it to be stolen and become profitable for another man.

All I’m saying, the next genre of music that we will create and trust me something will be created..I hope that those creatives own it to the fullest and not get fu*ked over but I don’t really see that happening.
Why do black keep letting other people steal their sh*t?

Black people make sh*t
Let other people steal it
And make more money then them

Why?

3 months ago '17        #96
AllWins 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 7102 7102
“The culture are subsidieres of subsidieres”

3 months ago '17        #97
SPdaGOAT 22 heat pts22
space
space
$16,104 | Props total: 34242 34242
He right for the most part. The thing that I hate the most about the culture now is people make being a fool cool. Dudes talking about its cool to blow 6 figures in the strip club because thats their lifestyle and they got the money so why not?

Ive wanted desperately to see my people work towards generational wealth but Ive given up on the idea that thats ever happening and now im just worried about my bloodline having generational wealth.

Another point, I find it funny that people were so about boycotting the NFL, but TI only called for a 3 month boycott of Gucci and people were down. So we’re gonna boycott a business where a lot of its employees are black but not a company that likely employs no black people? We think backwards as fu*k and let the marketing from white people dictate what we think is popping instead of determining it ourselves. n*ggas couldnt get paid to rock FUBU but will blow 3 checks on a designer belt buckle.

Ima just stop at these two points cause I can go on all day
+1   

3 months ago '18        #98
ItsThatEasy 4 heat pts
space
space
$861 | Props total: 3614 3614
 Rule 336 said
Instead of acknowledging what he said as true, y'all are name calling.. Jay Z spent the whole 4:44 album talking about this. Jay knows he may have been apart of the problem in the past and is righting his wrongs by trying to lead the younger generation in a different path from what he took.
Which is why 4:44 is still discussed and is so important.

People would much rather listen to a remorseful Hov than some Hotep weirdo speaking condescendingly to n*ggas. At the end of the day, dudes like him are all the same, they're the guys who had to pay for pu**y growing up, and now that they understand how the real world works better than most, they use that to make up for their total and utter lack of self confidence up until that point in life.

It's self hate and arrogance all rolled up into a n*gga who wears Anhks and pays for Premium Snaps.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '18        #99
niruggg 60 heat pts60
space
space
$8,238 | Props total: 23321 23321
 TheRealFetti said
Here what he said about Jay and Diddy

ok when jay went to live nation I bought shares of the company and I'm a thousandaire how many shares you think jay bought

I get what he saying, but he on the outside looking in counting other n*ggas $
+1   

3 months ago '18        #100
oldfoot 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,753 | Props total: 4438 4438
 Passport said
Jamaicans did not have as big an involvement in hip hop as people claim. We gotta stop this bullsh*t by now. Even Kool Herc has admitted this himself. Give it a rest. Funk and Soul records were being sampled back in the day, not ska or reggae records. Jamaicans in NY were not messing with rap music early

please end this myth already
i'm not sure what years you're talking about
nyc flooded with west indians after the 1965 immigration act and from then a lot of west indians used to move like americans bcs they used to get made fun of - back before it was considered cool to be jamaican - and also they just blended into the new york mix like everyone else

when ppl make a blanket statement like - jcan sound systems became hiphop and toasting became rapping - that is a myth. it's some VH1 type bullsh*t

but to say jcans were not messing with rap(?) is also a false generalization imho

the whole youth scene and music scene in nyc starting in the mid 70s had so many different influences and theyr not specifically caribbean
- "block parties" was a seed of community going back
- rapping owed it's biggest debt imo to radio djs and how they used to introduce records with smooth rhymes like jocko henderson and frankie crocker. that's who those jcan selectors were trying to imitate : radio personalities from the states
-the big influence ppl never mention is disco - like studio 54 type sh*t
a lot of early parties tht birthed hiphop were bcs the discos had dress codes and cover charges and racist doormen etc

but west indians in general can't be denied with their influence and representation
also, looking at "caribbean" culture influence in nyc includes peurto ricans and more back in the day cubans

as far as sampling soul and funk - that's what jamaican selectors used to play in jamaica - soul and oldies from the 50s on up
that's why there are so many reggae songs that are covers of american music

the other thing i remember is big speakers
jamaicans used to build huge speakers and fu*k with electronics and wiring and sh*t bcs ppl always fixing sh*t in the caribbean where americans would just buy a new transistor radio

i don't know if you heard of King Charles who was a jamaican from queens and a big pioneer with his sound system
or grandmaster flowers who was american but from flatbush and used to play disco/ soul type sh*t at carnival parties as well as 'american' functions

of course grandmaster flash is from barbados and cool herc jamaican and bam is from St. f*gmolester -- his parents actually - that's where ppl get it twisted and say jamaicans wre the inventors

it's a myth that jamaican selectors POOF turned into hiphop and emceeing
there were so many influences and circumstances shooting back and forth from every direction in the 1970s nyc - also 70s gang culture in every borough esp bronx transformed into the hip hop kids so that was community sh*t. Warriors type sh*t
but west indians were well in the mix and more than 'fu*king' with rap

jst because they walked, talked, dressed and moved american to adapt, don't take their nation's flag off their back

----

not coming at you btw - it's true what you're saying - but like all music history it's can't be pinned to one source

probably you saw these vids which are taking down the myth of hiphop being jamaican
it's just that there were a lot of jamaicans and peurto ricans and caribbean immigrants etc in the new york american mix

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+58online now  34
Netflix Has 175 Days Left To Pull Off A Miracle... Or It's All Over
187 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Jason Mitchell is guilty as fu-k
137 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
May 20 - Iran Clapsback On Twitter: We Survived Alexander The Great, Genghis K..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside According to retirement experts, by age 35, you should have twice your..
206 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy