Chris Rock Roasts The Current State Of Comedy, Says He Can't Say Anything Funny

most viewed right now
+84  70
146 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #26
Rico23 25 heat pts25
space
space
$46,143 | Props total: 13461 13461
 chrishansen88 said
Ima go see Corey Holcomb tonight and I know he’ll be one of the last comedians to ever conform to politically correct comedy

You’re a bi*ch if a joke told by a comedian offends you
This. i've seen him 2 times...u gonna get a set of 8 pack abs from laughing and u KNOW he gonna do some R Kelly sh*t i'm salty i missed him in my city back in December

I wish Paul Mooney was still touring
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #27
burnzfortytwo 
space
space
space
$1,099 | Props total: 2051 2051
Lost all respect for Chris Rock punk a*s. Let that colonizer talk to him like. SMFH

2 weeks ago '15        #28
chrishansen88 88 heat pts88
space
space
$5,848 | Props total: 9891 9891
 Rico23 said
This. i've seen him 2 times...u gonna get a set of 8 pack abs from laughing and u KNOW he gonna do some R Kelly sh*t i'm salty i missed him in my city back in December

I wish Paul Mooney was still touring
I seen him like 4 years and his stand up was on of the more memorable ones I’ve seen. hopefully he still as good or better

2 weeks ago '16        #29
Aztlan 82 heat pts82
space
space
$11,312 | Props total: 29283 29283
Anthony Jeselnik hasn't been canceled yet so this is all selective outrage.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #30
Badnewz100 
space
space
$6,531 | Props total: 10861 10861
They only care when you famous. If he was a broke comedian with lil notoriety they wouldnt give a sh*t.

2 weeks ago '17        #31
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,141 | Props total: 22243 22243
 regularjoe said
If everything offensive is off limits, then there is nothing to joke about.

No swearing. Cause some people don't like it.
No race jokes. Cause some people don't like it.
No gender jokes. Cause some people don't like it.
No bad mouthing poor performance. Cause some people will find it offensive.
No jokes about bad things in history. Cause some people won't like it.

There's a REALLY simple rule that people, like you, don't understand. If you don't like it, don't watch/listen. You have options to do other things, opposed to whining like a bi*ch on social media.
Slippery slope logic to justify someone saying an untimely joke. Louis CK had JUST got off social probation for getting off (forcibily) on female comedians.

Why would you make a joke on a hot button topic that, not only a highly contentious one [because america is stupid], but one that perpetuates the the often times, aggressive, contention?

Louis CK’s “joke” only fanned the flames of people that not only are against gun control, but feel compelled to “f*ght” for their rights to have a machine gun — by buying more guns.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Louis CK is the best joke writer to have ever existed.

He’s fu*ked in the head and should sit down for a bit. He came back too soon; he shouldve came back in 2020.

You n*ggas are so fu*kin entitled its unreal. No one “cancelled” Louis CK from doing comedy runs; people voiced their outrage for a tasteless joke.

He can continue to make tasteless jokes if he wants — just dont be surprised when someone is offended.

It’s always funny to me how people bi*ch about other people bi*ching.

By proxy, youre doing the same exact thing you’re complaining about.

2 weeks ago '19        #32
Supreme Doom 
space
space
$109 | Props total: 90 90
The only thing that moved the needle in the comedy scene to dullnis wytpeople.

Now that they been attacked and exposed for racist action. Wytpeople dont want to be the only Race to have to check themselves on their actions.

Black people are not only a walking ongoing joke to wytpeople. They constantly use Black steriotypes amd jokes to further make fun of Blacks.

With the exposure of online racists..turning employees on them when their info is shared was damning. Small but becoming a growing trend. Then with the LBGT wypeople movement... They dont want to feel like thay cant be as racist as they want. So nobody else gets to be open or honest.

Comedy is a direct result of how far Wypeople can be involved. Blacks use Comedy to excell and gain wealth. Wypeoole usually dont. They get popular then move on from comdedy...isnt the same as actually funny.

2 weeks ago '07        #33
yolaboy 182 heat pts182
space
space
$5,281 | Props total: 10209 10209
 Lord God said
If comedians feel their comedy is being taken away from them because they can't make jokes about children being shot at
foh, the joke was funny and the point was valid

he wasn't making fun of kids getting shot, at no point did the joke reference the actual act, he was making fun of using a tragedy to fuel righteousness and pretentiousness

and he's right, just because your school got shot up doesn't mean you are better than anyone else
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #34
yolaboy 182 heat pts182
space
space
$5,281 | Props total: 10209 10209
 QdobaCasanova said
Why would you make a joke on a hot button topic that, not only a highly contentious one [because america is stupid], but one that perpetuates the often times, aggressive, contention?
because your heart doesn't pump fear?
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #35
Lord God 60 heat pts60
space
space
$3,945 | Props total: 18607 18607
 yolaboy said
foh, the joke was funny and the point was valid

he wasn't making fun of kids getting shot, at no point did the joke reference the actual act, he was making fun of using a tragedy to fuel righteousness and pretentiousness

and he's right, just because your school got shot up doesn't mean you are better than anyone else
"Better than anyone else"? Why would activism be construed as someone being better? Who's the real snowflake here?

2 weeks ago '04        #36
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,863 | Props total: 12273 12273
People trynna tell superstar comedians how to make jokes. Now that’s fu*king hilarious
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #37
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
$5,434 | Props total: 8481 8481
Yea standup isn't what it used to be. I liked the sh*t from comic view... if u ain't kevin hart or Tiffany haddish, yea u ain't gettin no looks.

I guess as u get older, some of them jokes aren't that funny. If I watch 3 specials, I may laugh, like really laugh like 4-5 times. But nowadays, u have to watch what u say, even as a comedian telling jokes smh

2 weeks ago '17        #38
TrillestTalk404 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,827 | Props total: 15199 15199
The only "comedian" deemed acceptable nowadays is Ellen....

2 weeks ago '17        #39
quarter 71 heat pts71
space
space
$654 | Props total: 1945 1945
I guess he got criticized for saying more white kids should get shot.

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '18        #40
jay2cold 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1912 1912
 chrishansen88 said
Ima go see Corey Holcomb tonight and I know he’ll be one of the last comedians to ever conform to politically correct comedy

You’re a bi*ch if a joke told by a comedian offends you
My n*gga sweet tea Holcomb
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #41
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$42,764 | Props total: 32207 32207
I think this sh*t is overblown.

Like 95% of social media is fake accounts
2.5% of the real accounts are people just regurgitating the nonsense to stay cool with the clique they identity with.
2.5% really believe they're doing good work by being bent out of shape on socials.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #42
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,638 | Props total: 16087 16087
Nah, Chris. That’s not why.

Dudes material has been trash for years now. I saw him live when his last big run and the opener k*lled harder than he did.

Chris is a legend but he’s gotta step it up.

2 weeks ago '04        #43
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 17883 17883
 QdobaCasanova said
Slippery slope logic to justify someone saying an untimely joke. Louis CK had JUST got off social probation for getting off (forcibily) on female comedians.

Why would you make a joke on a hot button topic that, not only a highly contentious one [because america is stupid], but one that perpetuates the the often times, aggressive, contention?

Louis CK’s “joke” only fanned the flames of people that not only are against gun control, but feel compelled to “f*ght” for their rights to have a machine gun — by buying more guns.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Louis CK is the best joke writer to have ever existed.

He’s fu*ked in the head and should sit down for a bit. He came back too soon; he shouldve came back in 2020.

You n*ggas are so fu*kin entitled its unreal. No one “cancelled” Louis CK from doing comedy runs; people voiced their outrage for a tasteless joke.

He can continue to make tasteless jokes if he wants — just dont be surprised when someone is offended.

It’s always funny to me how people bi*ch about other people bi*ching.

By proxy, youre doing the same exact thing you’re complaining about.
Sorry... I'm not responding to all this....

But... there's a HUGE difference between joking about s*xual a*sault, and committing s*xual a*sault. I don't see the slippery slope in that at all.

Trump is a hot button topic... the wall... which is in turn racism.... people still joke about that. Not ok? Or it's ok because most of us don't like Trump and the "job" he's doing?

I'm on a message board... discussing my opinion. That's what this ground is for. I'm not trying to "cancel" someone and if I don't want to respond to him (or people like him), then I won't. Which I stopped.

Your examples are reaches.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #44
gaapplewood 
space
space
$3,107 | Props total: 3937 3937
If you don’t eat rat meat, are you going to protest those that do or just not eat it?

It’s simple
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #45
TonyM 152 heat pts152
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 9044 9044
This is bs dave Chappelle says whatever the hell he wants. I like chris though, i just think you have to have big balls. Gays can take jokes they just have to be funny. Like this whats the difference between a 12 inch d*ck and a f*g joke?? A GAY MAN CAN TAKE THE 12 INCHES!!!!
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #46
Ncstate86 
space
space
$1,282 | Props total: 1929 1929
I agree with him

2 weeks ago '04        #48
GodsFavorite 106 heat pts106
space
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 4346 4346
 regularjoe said
Yes, but what if someone makes a funny 9/11 joke.... is that not ok, because people could be offended?

What if someone makes a funny joke about white people or black people or Chinese, etc., etc., etc... is that not ok, because some people could be offended?

Just because YOU'RE offended by a school shooting joke, doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't make them.... it means if YOU don't like it, YOU don't have to listen.

Crying like a bi*ch about the comedian needing to find new topics is offensive to me, so knock it off. Maybe instead of YOU worrying about THE COMEDIAN.... YOU should worry about YOU. It's shocking how much that will fix a lot of problems for a lot of people.

Do you like Dave Chappelle? Chris Rock? Bill Burr? All those guys.... GREAT comics/minds.... but they make offensive humor.
Yes, and usually they do it in a clever way and I haven’t seen many people coming for their heads over it

Also dirty is not synonymous with offensive. You can have dirty raunchy humor that doesn’t rely on laughing st something for being different

2 weeks ago '18        #49
Tommy Bundy 
space
space
space
$320 | Props total: 731 731
 Lord God said
Not offended by a school shooting joke... It's just immoral, and desensitized people want others to be just as numb, or else gtfo lol

I just see through the smoke, and a lot of yall just want comedy to be no holds barred, which is cool to a degree. I think we can't innovate if we can't push margins, so I get it.

Yet, I don't think that margin necessarily needs to be instances where people are still grieving their dead teens... for your entertainment... And if you need that kind of entertainment that bad, acknowledge your niche and enjoy.

Just don't cry when people don't
Why are you stuck on this school shooting thing?

2 weeks ago '18        #50
Tommy Bundy 
space
space
space
$320 | Props total: 731 731
 Arson said
I think this sh*t is overblown.

Like 95% of social media is fake accounts
2.5% of the real accounts are people just regurgitating the nonsense to stay cool with the clique they identity with.
2.5% really believe they're doing good work by being bent out of shape on socials.
Overblown or real, the effects are very much real. People start with the fake outrage online and the next thing you know, someone is losing all that they've worked for. No one is concerned with whether the outrage is from real or fake social media accounts.

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  35
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
291 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+169online now  32
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  30
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  9
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Jan 22 - WTF? Man forces flight attendant to wipe is booty
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+147online now  5
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  3
Jan 22 - Most Israelis don’t want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy