‘Green Book’ Writer Deletes Twitter Account After Muslim 9/11 Tweet Surfaces

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '06        #1
1299 page views
27 comments

SM 40068 heat pts40068
space
space
space
$137,937 | Props total: 107222 107222
‘Green Book’ Writer Deletes Twitter Account After Muslim 9/11 Tweet Surfaces

“Green Book” writer and producer Nick Vallelonga has deleted his Twitter account after one of his old social media posts from 2015, in which he seemed to back Donald Trump’s claim that New Jersey Muslims cheered on 9/11, resurfaced online.

In November 2015, Trump made headlines after the then-presidential candidate said without evidence that he “watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Vallelonga replied to Trump, “100% correct. Muslims in Jersey City cheering when towers went down. I saw it, as you did, possibly on local CBS news.”

Reps for Vallelonga did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday. But a publicist for the writer told IndieWire: “The twitter account has been deleted… not sure if any comment is actually needed here.”

The resurfaced tweet comes just days after “Green Book” took home the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy on Sunday. But Wednesday was a bad day for “Green Book” all around: The film’s director, Peter Farrelly, apologized for repeatedly flashing his p*nis two decades ago in an attempt to be funny.

Universal did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

In November 2015, Trump told ABC’s “This Week” that “there were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down — as those buildings came down. And that tells you something.”

Weeks later, Trump doubled down on his story, telling Alex Jones’ “InfoWars” that he heard from “four or five” supporters after making the claim who said, “‘Mr. Trump, I saw it myself! I was there!'”

But Trump’s version of events was challenged by major news outlets, including The New Yorker and The Washington Post, which, after trying to fact-check the story, concluded: “This is a bit like writing about the hole in the doughnut — how can you write about nothing?”

Vallelonga’s tweet was deleted Wednesday evening shortly after it was resurfaced. The writer’s entire Twitter account was deleted soon after.

The contentious tweet comes as the writer and producer is on tour to promote his award-winning film — based on his father’s real-life experience driving concert pianist Dr. Don Shirley through the deep South in 1962.

27 comments for "‘Green Book’ Writer Deletes Twitter Account After Muslim 9/11 Tweet Surfaces"

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #2
TaxStoneCooked 92 heat pts92
space
space
$14,727 | Props total: 36069 36069
Okay and what if he did??

We scared of muslims now?? Man wtf put ya twitter back up.
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
UF4Soldier 135 heat pts135
space
space
$20,855 | Props total: 12222 12222
People act like they ain’t never said something fu*ked up.
+7   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,965 | Props total: 8125 8125
This nagga dumb af
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #5
Yung Dilla 1556 heat pts1556
space
space
$61,917 | Props total: 57948 57948
Wait is that all he put is he seen Muslims cheering? If so he ran from that lol.
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
No Religion 7 heat pts
space
space
$964 | Props total: 3266 3266
Like anything will happen to him. That said, nothing should. That sh*t is light and who can prove he didn't see what he said he saw? He is likely lying his a*s off but he gotta ride that sh*t out to the end and give no fu*ks.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
OCT DION 
space
space
$8,080 | Props total: 17013 17013
Is the issue that he lied or that he even said it?

2 weeks ago '18        #8
yunhsus 16 heat pts16
space
space
$348 | Props total: 4071 4071
slap you for posting a buzzfeed article.

2 weeks ago '11        #9
anice718 6 heat pts
space
space
$547 | Props total: 826 826
love how more ppl will make a fuss about this nobody tweeting that than about our fu*kING PRESIDENT saying it
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #10
Muggz 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,079 | Props total: 5629 5629
Bro I flashed my d*ck 2 decades ago too. Who cares
fu*k these people
They might not have been cheering in jersey, but they were in pakistan

2 weeks ago '16        #11
YKing 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,039 | Props total: 6743 6743
you sure it wasnt the dancing israelis?

+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #12
Jwardisback3rd 
space
space
$173 | Props total: 465 465
Treading towards everyone calling out every little thing is concerning. People love reporting on social media looking for the next thing to go viral is almarming.... this generation is bunch of fruit cakes I fu*king swear
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #13
TrillSwag 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,063 | Props total: 13958 13958
 OCT DION said
Is the issue that he lied or that he even said it?
He lied. It never happened. Racist propaganda.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,039 | Props total: 25575 25575
 Jwardisback3rd said
Treading towards everyone calling out every little thing is concerning. People love reporting on social media looking for the next thing to go viral is almarming.... this generation is bunch of fruit cakes I fu*king swear
Its gonna come back to k*ll them, and it looks like that might happen very soon actually. Only so long everyone can go without saying or doing anything. Also, I’ve been noticing I been getting a lot more females expressing real interest in me and even going as far as to make plans. Talked with my cousin a few months ago and she said she absolutely hates this generation of men for being so feminine.

You can only f*ght Nature for so long.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
Pastor Ra 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$1,144 | Props total: 3713 3713
Black people have lost their jobs and opportunities for just being black. Also not gotten jobs and opportunities for being black. If racist are shamed (not losing opportunities or jobs) on social media for being racist, I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone who sees it as the end of the world has to be a racist as well.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #16
TaxStoneCooked 92 heat pts92
space
space
$14,727 | Props total: 36069 36069
 Pastor Ra said
Black people have lost their jobs and opportunities for just being black. Also not gotten jobs and opportunities for being black. If racist are shamed (not losing opportunities or jobs) on social media for being racist, I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone who sees it as the end of the world has to be a racist as well.
What was racist about his tweet?

2 weeks ago '08        #17
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,828 | Props total: 7074 7074
Looks like someone didn't take that Golden Globes victory very well and looked to sink their Oscars chances instead
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #18
Los Pollos 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,200 | Props total: 7844 7844
Nothing to see here

2 weeks ago '04        #19
jsmooth-117 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$13,533 | Props total: 13673 13673
 TaxStoneCooked said
Okay and what if he did??

We scared of muslims now?? Man wtf put ya twitter back up.
I would guess his lawyer most likely told him to do it

2 weeks ago '10        #20
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,865 | Props total: 725 725
 YKing said

Exactly what I thought. Lol at them trying to change the narrative and it being Muslims. What Muslim would be dumb enough to do that. Only people cheering were the ones involved.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
Kid Astronaut 7 heat pts
space
space
$356 | Props total: 1401 1401
 YKing said

[pic - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #22
Sandyy 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,291 | Props total: 6699 6699
 Jwardisback3rd said
Spreading bigoted fakenews while claiming to be an anti-racist would prob be seen as bad in any gen. But go off
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #23
Proffesor X 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,564 | Props total: 9375 9375
Why don't people just create new accts when they get famous,

None of my social media accts have my real name on them.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #24
je double shot 
space
space
space
$118 | Props total: 92 92
 SM said

Not a trump supporter or left or right supporter. But, I'm from JC and can say that it did happen. Not sure about thousands of Muslims cheering but theres a local store in the Indian square section of JC who were cheering when the second plane hit. My uncle lived in the neighborhood and told me about this the same day it happened. They got their a*s beat up by a bunch of Puerto Ricans from the neighborhood.

2 weeks ago '17        #25
LazyLeg 
space
space
$728 | Props total: 2158 2158
 je double shot said
Not a trump supporter or left or right supporter. But, I'm from JC and can say that it did happen. Not sure about thousands of Muslims cheering but theres a local store in the Indian square section of JC who were cheering when the second plane hit. My uncle lived in the neighborhood and told me about this the same day it happened. They got their a*s beat up by a bunch of Puerto Ricans from the neighborhood.
Yeah I was pretty sure I remembered that happening but it was a long time and lot of drugs ago so I wasn't 100% on it. So this dude is in the process of getting "canceled" for tweeting facts. America is slowly moving to becoming like 1984

Home      

most viewed right now
+60online now  44
Image(s) inside Hawaiian, Japanese, Cherokee Indian, Grenadan & Guamanian all mixed in..
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+68online now  17
Video inside Jan 20 - Food Stamps To Be Partially Replaced By 'Harvest Boxes' By 2-19
198 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-34online now  11
Image(s) inside Diddy had a child with a 16 yr. old when he was 24?
196 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside ‘Aladdin’ Promo Art Reveals First Look At Will Smith’s Blue Genie
54 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+56online now  7
Image(s) inside Cardi B Torches Tomi Lahren With Savage Clapback: 'I Will Dog Walk You'
250 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+120online now  4
Image(s) inside Raw or Nah
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Games that you bought from the bargain bin that turned out to be good
98 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+131online now  4
Image(s) inside C'est La Vie
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy