Is Will Smith in a Creative Rut?

most viewed right now
+84  70
146 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '17        #51
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
$5,434 | Props total: 8481 8481
 redcodeinesyrup said
yall n*ggas need to get off michael b jordan d*ck man

n*gga is trash
Can't you say that about anyone that is admired???? You can't name one person that is loved 100%

MBJ is a good actor and plays his roles that's he's given well. U just heard 5-6 n*ggas say they like him and claiming the world is on his d*ck smh

What movie was he bad in?

2 weeks ago '15        #52
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,679 | Props total: 25935 25935
 sigNN said
Bruh I stopped reading after MIB3

That sh*t was trash

2 weeks ago '14        #53
Sphynx 161 heat pts161
space
space
$10,746 | Props total: 37039 37039
He needs a change of pace.

Play a real bad guy. I know early in his career he said he only plays good because he wants to be a positive black role model but it's time to flip that switch.

Will as a bad guy you want to hate will win him his first Oscar

2 weeks ago '14        #54
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,972 | Props total: 7294 7294
You thought Focus and Concussion were “weak” and “pointless oscar bait” but Bright was good?

And what does DC and MCU have to do with anything? The only good Black actors are the ones who work with Marvel? Do you only watch superhero movies or something? You sound slow bruh

Besides, Will Smith is a higher star than Ben Affleck. Will Smith was the highest grossing actor in Hollywood and has been nominated for his acting abilities.

Argo won for best PRODUCED movie. Affleck didn’t even get nominated for Best Director that year, which tells you something

2 weeks ago '14        #55
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
I need this broken down for me please.
The n*gga only watches superhero movies

Mahershala Ali? No love for Chadwick Boseman? Daniel Boyega?

Stephan Beal and Denzel Washington’s son gave some good performances this year

If we go beyond “A-list” then Lakeith Stanfield and Daveed Diggs k*lled it this year

But if you only watch Superhero movies then you probably didnt see too many of those performances

2 weeks ago '14        #56
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
 PackerTrelli3 said
Can't you say that about anyone that is admired???? You can't name one person that is loved 100%

MBJ is a good actor and plays his roles that's he's given well. U just heard 5-6 n*ggas say they like him and claiming the world is on his d*ck smh

What movie was he bad in?
That fahrenheit 451 sh*t was weak

2 weeks ago '12        #57
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 5944 5944
 Pastor Ra said
All this talk about hits. Not 1 word about a top 3 performance from him in Seven Pounds. i honestly don't care if some random group of people on a site rate him high or he sells at box office. I just want dope writing and a great performance.

It be weird when dudes be talking about what Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, or whatever critic forum said. Some of yall really put stock in these ratings of people that convinced you that they know more or are more skeptical than you.

This sh*t is funny. The first week a game drop, "what are the reviews". Same for a movie, "how much will it sell". If people stepped back, they'd understand that these are marketing tools.

"Support the creatives" - created by the same people who don't fairly pay creatives

"mag and website reviews" - other people's opinions that for some reason, people value or care for more than their own

"award shows" - Ratings scam. They pick who they think can get them the best ratings. If it's not an indie, where Hollywood is trying to push a certain director or actor into the limelight, it's a cringe-worthy attempt at "diversity" .

"sales" - This is the best 1. A lot of people paid for it, so it has to be good or worth a try.

All of these are psychologically based on the fact that some either can't form their own opinion or don't have confidence in their taste. Just some weak minded sh*t and it's been around for a long time. Some people even got to look at social media b4 they form their opinion on the simplest things like music
But with so much content out with no way of watching/playing it all, those reviews help customers weed out what may possibly be a waste of time for them.

For me personally, having a full time job and watching my two small children solo in the evenings while my wife works, I don't have the time and resources I once did in my early 20s to buy games or movies blindly. Seriously, when I was 20, I would run to Gamestop or to a local DVD shop and buy movies and games simply based on the box art. If the game or movie was trash, I just cut my losses and was right back in the spot the following week.

Nowadays, if I waste money on a game or movie that turned out to be trash, I'm kicking myself because that's money that could have went to diapers, milk, bread, something. Game companies especially used to drop demos religiously. Most of them have stopped doing that. You might see a beta here or there, but those are timed, and if you missed the window, you have no other way to try the game before you buy other than Redbox.

2 weeks ago '11        #58
GBONIT011 
space
space
$263 | Props total: 71 71
A Bad Boys 3 would put a frame around that winner circle. Good film actors don't get old its a big difference between superstars and true Hollywood. Still ain't seen Collateral Beauty yet though

2 weeks ago '10        #59
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,552 | Props total: 1890 1890
 whodatb1 said
well.... a quick google will tell you ........

*takes a good amount of time for voiceover work ........

*im sure this was time consuming

and hes producing a film .....

Gemini Man is an upcoming American science fiction action thriller film[1] directed by Ang Lee. The film stars Will Smith, Clive Owen, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Benedict Wong. It is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2019 by Paramount Pictures.

Henry Brogen, an aging a*sassin seeking to exit his career finds himself going against a younger clone of himself, who can predict his every move.

[pic - click to view]

*this should be dope ....... this movie was extremely time consuming .... as its using some new technology ......... this film will star will against a younger AVATAR version of himself ...... it actually is crazier than i just explained it ....

[spoiler - click to view]

will bout to k*ll 2019 .......
Sounds like looper

2 weeks ago '15        #60
40 acres 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 6476 6476
Will Smith could have been like Tom Cruise sci fi/action route and been super successful. But instead, he went the tryhard oscar route. He turned down a bunch of good roles.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #61
DonYBE 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,261 | Props total: 4792 4792
 KINGMFCOLD said
He fu*ked up as soon as he turned down his role as Neo in the Matrix
And Django as well
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #62
Proffesor X 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 9638 9638
Nobody's star shines forever...nobodies

2 weeks ago '15        #63
HollywoodEsco 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,407 | Props total: 2269 2269
 Youngshinebox said
Start off by saying Iím a Will Smith fan but itís like the past 4-5 years, his movies havenít hit.

His last dope movie was MIB3 in 2013. Since then itís been Concussion, Focus, Bright, suicide Squad.

Focus was weak
Concussion was pointless Oscar bait
Bright was really dope
suicide Squad was weak

Will hit harder in the late 2000s with Happyness, Hancock, I Am Legend etc. all classic Will flicks.

Btw, he went the DC route and hasnít made a MCU flick yet. Ben Affleck is the only A List legend in the DCU but heís got quality films like Gone Girl, The Accountant, Argo and The Town as well as the crap DC flops so itís a balance somewhat.

Idk itís like Sam L Jackson and MBJ are the two Black male A Listers putting out High Quality work. I think Will is losing it.

What do yíall think?

You donít say...

2 weeks ago '08        #64
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$42,764 | Props total: 32207 32207
Will has 3 legit good movies under his belt with the rest being okay or bad.

Men In Black
Enemy of the State
Pursuit of Happyness

2 weeks ago '18        #65
Youngshinebox 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$3,189 | Props total: 13226 13226
 HollywoodEsco said
You donít say...
Do you audit taxes as well?

2 weeks ago '15        #66
HollywoodEsco 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,407 | Props total: 2269 2269
 Youngshinebox said
Do you audit taxes as well?
Nah but Iím in school for forensic accounting
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #67
Rico23 25 heat pts25
space
space
$46,143 | Props total: 13461 13461
Focus was cool Bright was cool but had a predictable ending. suicide Squad was terrible on many levels, none having to do with WIll Smith and all his action scenes were great. Concussion was trash because most movies like those are trash. dont understand the point of the thread

2 weeks ago '06        #68
Sewer 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,838 | Props total: 10388 10388
The only movies Iíve watched and enjoyed of his were Independence Day, the Bad Boys movies & MIB.

2 weeks ago '13        #69
Vercetti 69 heat pts69
space
space
$5,882 | Props total: 6895 6895
Nah, he just needs to pick better roles. Every big name goes through a down period.

As for creativity, he's expressing it via YouTube and IG.

2 weeks ago '04        #70
nwking 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,171 | Props total: 5188 5188
Maybe Jamie and will could make Tyson flick happen. I would also watch bad boys 3

2 weeks ago '05        #71
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,011 | Props total: 3651 3651
Gtfoh with this nonsense. Dude has an amazing family, more money than he could ever possibly spend in 5 lifetimes, and is just enjoying his life. Just take one look at his YouTube channel and you can see just how much fun he's having. You really think he gives a sh*t about movie roles anymore?
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #72
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 35 35
Should of been war machine or falcon

2 weeks ago '04        #73
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,583 | Props total: 5549 5549
Man, actors got it easy when they're big time. Creative rut? All you gotta do is pick the right project to work on.

It ain't like writers, musicians, painters/visual artist that gotta create a whole life from scratch.

I have very little sympathy for high level actors, boys get hella gwop. Yes, I know acting isn't easy and takes talent, but at Will Smith level; n*gga should know what a hit or miss is from reading the script.

2 weeks ago '09        #74
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,215 | Props total: 128 128
Calling Concussion bait takes away from how powerful the movie was and how good The acting (Particularly his acting) was in the film. That sh*t exposed how the NFL really doesnt care about players and is working with the government and FBI to constantly cover things up that go wrong in the league. The fu*king ruined that doctors entire legacy and forced him to leave his field and the state for discovering what he discovered (Something that ended up already knowing). Anyways Chill on Will dude is about to be the Genie from alladin and Play Obama..Let him cook
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #75
Captain Fresh 17 heat pts17
space
space
$14,041 | Props total: 15365 15365
 Sewer said
The only movies Iíve watched and enjoyed of his were Independence Day, the Bad Boys movies & MIB.
How did you not enjoy Enemy of the State
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  35
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
291 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+169online now  32
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  30
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  9
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Jan 22 - WTF? Man forces flight attendant to wipe is booty
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+147online now  5
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  3
Jan 22 - Most Israelis donít want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy