Is Will Smith in a Creative Rut?

most viewed right now
+85  66
149 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #26
therealness 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,852 | Props total: 4504 4504
Will Smith been fell off

2 weeks ago '17        #27
lucifershammer 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,406 | Props total: 21565 21565
I think he came off wrong to some people and now all he gets is bum roles.

He probably was power tripping during his heyday
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #28
KING SOULJA 33 heat pts33
space
space
$10,859 | Props total: 14912 14912
That’s the problem with being an actor. You have to wait for the right project. As opposed to chunes where you just make what you want. I could never be an actor and read those sh*tty lines some goofball in a suit wrote thinking it’s so good. Will smith has the power to pick better projects though. He has been weak for a big while now mainly due to the material and not his acting. I still hope he turns it around.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #29
kriskross00 124 heat pts124
space
space
$21,667 | Props total: 33759 33759
It happens..eventually he will be the perfect age for a perfect role of a movie and it will restart his career

2 weeks ago '09        #30
whodatb1 327 heat pts327
space
space
space
$22,974 | Props total: 18410 18410
well.... a quick google will tell you ........

[video - click to view]

*takes a good amount of time for voiceover work ........

[video - click to view]

*im sure this was time consuming

and hes producing a film .....

Gemini Man is an upcoming American science fiction action thriller film[1] directed by Ang Lee. The film stars Will Smith, Clive Owen, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Benedict Wong. It is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2019 by Paramount Pictures.

Henry Brogen, an aging a*sassin seeking to exit his career finds himself going against a younger clone of himself, who can predict his every move.

[pic - click to view]

*this should be dope ....... this movie was extremely time consuming .... as its using some new technology ......... this film will star will against a younger AVATAR version of himself ...... it actually is crazier than i just explained it ....

[spoiler - click to view]

will bout to k*ll 2019 .......

Last edited by whodatb1; 01-08-2019 at 12:04 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #31
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 3139 3139

[video - click to view]

G.W. said
What’s the most disliked YouTube video lol? Post it.
I didn’t even know youtube does thise i guess it started in like 2013 but i was back in california for the summer to be honest i was appauled at all the sh*t my teen cousins would watch man. Like sick twisted sh*t gay dudes cursing talking about s*x and conspiracies and youtube beefing its insane. So i went down that wormhole and with this it has 15m thumbs down and the consensus is that youtube was just showing all the sellouts and cookie cutter youtubers not the ones that really made a splash last year...

https://youtu.be/YbJOTdZBX1g

2 weeks ago '18        #32
Youngshinebox 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$3,189 | Props total: 13226 13226
 TriniSoldier said
I need this broken down for me please.
Cool.

Compare MBJ, Sam L, and Will Smith’s best movies past 5-6 years:

Sam L: Django, Hateful Eight, Incredibles 2, MCU movies,
MBJ: Black panther, Creed, Creed 2,

Will Smith’s: MIB3, Focus—Bright(imo)

Will’s movies are average at best. Sam and MBJ have above average and classics.

Last edited by Youngshinebox; 01-08-2019 at 12:10 AM..

2 weeks ago '05        #33
Sco Dylan 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,825 | Props total: 3739 3739
He's still trying to stick to the pre-internet celebrity days, where an A-list name could just do family friendly blockbusters and sci-fi flicks and sh*t.

Maybe him jumping into Youtube and stuff will finally let him free himself of that old school way of looking at his image. Perfect example is him passing on Django Unchained. Another Bad Boys is just trying to hold on (and the first movie is one of my favorites all time)

He needs to do some gritty roles, stop trying to f*ght space aliens and superheroes. Get with Scorcese and make something wild. Be a veteran detective investigating a crime ring or something. Anything. Just stop trying to be the safe PG-13 everybody loves Will guy.

I remember seeing the preview for Bright and being so excited until the mutants or whatever showed up. Instantly lost interest.

I just want to see Will do some gritty crime dramas and sh*t like that. Find some substance other than cheesy PG-13 sh*t

Last edited by Sco Dylan; 01-08-2019 at 12:15 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #34
Preacher Mane 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,674 | Props total: 31195 31195
 Sco Dylan said
He's still trying to stick to the pre-internet celebrity days, where an A-list name could just do family friendly blockbusters and sci-fi flicks and sh*t.

Maybe him jumping into Youtube and stuff will finally let him free himself of that old school way of looking at his image. Perfect example is him passing on Django Unchained.

He needs to do some gritty roles, stop trying to f*ght space aliens and superheroes. Get with Scorcese and make something wild. Be a veteran detective investigating a crime ring or something. Anything. Just stop trying to be the safe PG-13 everybody loves Will guy.

I remember seeing the preview for Bright and being so excited until the mutants or whatever showed up. Instantly lost interest.

I just want to see Will do some gritty crime dramas and sh*t like that. Find some substance other than cheesy PG-13 sh*t
Random but if they ever remade New Jack City, Will would k*ll it as Nino Brown thought he’d probably never do it.
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #35
Jumbo Rondo 68 heat pts68
space
space
$27,532 | Props total: 29436 29436
 Youngshinebox said
Cool.

What about Denzel, Mahershala and Idris?
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #36
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 2500 2500
Will gon be alright once we get that Bad Boys 3
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #37
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$59,910 | Props total: 53766 53766
 Youngshinebox said
Great.

Black Panther definitely changed the narrative on MBJ but Will's probably gonna get the same disney boost with Aladdin this year. Outside of that I don't see how their last few years have been that different. I support the Creed franchise but it's nothing I would ever go out of my way for, same with Focus. Bright at least was imaginative

Disrespectful to put Sam with these n*ggas right now tho. He been riding high for a long time now
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #38
space
space
 Jumbo Rondo said
What about Denzel, Mahershala and Idris?
Denzel’s best role was in The Equalizer and Fences imo, solid work but not above average

Idris and Mahershala are great actors but they’re not A list like Will MBJ Sam L Denzel etc
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #39
KINGMFCOLD 
space
space
$354 | Props total: 641 641
He fu*ked up as soon as he turned down his role as Neo in the Matrix
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #40
TaxStoneCooked 93 heat pts93
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 36368 36368
Focus was great

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #41
TaxStoneCooked 93 heat pts93
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 36368 36368
 Youngshinebox said
Denzel’s best role was in The Equalizer and Fences imo, solid work but not above average

Idris and Mahershala are great actors but they’re not A list like Will MBJ Sam L Denzel etc
You mean Training Day and Book of Eli.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #42
space
space
 TaxStoneCooked said
You mean Training Day and Book of Eli.
Lately, in this decade.

And it’s Malcolm X, John Q and American Gangster

+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #43
sigNN 14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,088 | Props total: 4130 4130
Bruh I stopped reading after MIB3

That sh*t was trash
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #44
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
Black Panther definitely changed the narrative on MBJ but Will's probably gonna get the same disney boost with Aladdin this year. Outside of that I don't see how their last few years have been that different. I support the Creed franchise but it's nothing I would ever go out of my way for, same with Focus. Bright at least was imaginative

Disrespectful to put Sam with these n*ggas right now tho. He been riding high for a long time now
Hmmm

Aladdin won’t match BP though bet that. Btw why didn’t Will try to get on BP, the story must’ve been in works for a couple years—every black actor in Hollywood was in it. Smh, Will

Samuel L isn’t a Bigger Star than Will I feel like. Like Will’s name shines brighter for the tabloids but Sam L is a respected actor.

2 weeks ago '07        #45
Jayceon 506 heat pts506
space
space
$28,306 | Props total: 2126 2126
 Kushedgod said
The movie industry in general is in a creative rut...
Fast and Furious 9 Transformers 7 and Pirates 6 comin atcha

Oh and we gon need some of that Stan Lee source material for Marvel Movie 23 but not before we drop Star Wars 10

Yo what's the word on that spinoff of the spinoff of the conjuring?
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #46
CELE91 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3658 3658
 Preacher Mane said
Random but if they ever remade New Jack City, Will would k*ll it as Nino Brown thought he’d probably never do it.

Will as Nino?!
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #47
CELE91 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3658 3658
 Youngshinebox said
Hmmm

Aladdin won’t match BP though bet that. Btw why didn’t Will try to get on BP, the story must’ve been in works for a couple years—every black actor in Hollywood was in it. Smh, Will

Samuel L isn’t a Bigger Star than Will I feel like. Like Will’s name shines brighter for the tabloids but Sam L is a respected actor.
I doubt it made sense to put will in BP considering that suicide squad had just dropped.

2 weeks ago '16        #48
Pnice29 
space
space
space
$92 | Props total: 62 62
The truth is Sam Jackson make everything better

2 weeks ago '15        #49
redcodeinesyrup 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,819 | Props total: 3086 3086
yall n*ggas need to get off michael b jordan d*ck man

n*gga is trash

2 weeks ago '17        #50
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
$5,434 | Props total: 8481 8481
Well he's in this new Aladdin movie. But He's not writing this movies though. He's just working with what he's given and collecting the check

Look at Dwayne Johnson... dude is in the most movies but none are classics. Is he in a rut? He does 3 movies a month

Comic book movies are the only ones making money nowadays.... which hero do u want him play??

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  30
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
291 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+170online now  28
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  22
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+82online now  21
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
152 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Jan 22 - Most Israelis don’t want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+147online now  5
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+78online now  3
Image(s) inside Ku'ualoha
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy