Box Office: Crazy Rich Asians #1 With $25M

most viewed right now
175 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 months ago '06        #1
2267 page views
69 comments

SM 40063 heat pts40063
space
space
space
$137,924 | Props total: 107066 107066
Box Office: Crazy Rich Asians #1 With $25M

Last edited by SM; 08-19-2018 at 12:31 PM..

69 comments for "Box Office: Crazy Rich Asians #1 With $25M"

5 months ago '18        #2
br82186 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,292 | Props total: 3995 3995
Shout out to them. Intrigued to see how they can follow this up.

5 months ago '06        #3
Kingme 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,252 | Props total: 11557 11557
Maybe now we can get Anime movies starring people that are at least of Asian decent

5 months ago '15        #4
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
$333 | Props total: 997 997
 Kingme said
Maybe now we can get Anime movies starring people that are at least of Asian decent
All anime characters look like white people. I don't care if they Japanese names and live in Japan or not. I've never confused no damn Asian in my life for somebody white. It's not humanly possible. Asians have a distinct look. Jet black hair and slant eyes. If want to call that racist, thats ridiculous. But no damn anime character looks even remotely Japanese, let alone Asian with Asian features.

Example: My Hero Academia- All the heroes have Japanese names, born in Japan, but they all look white! You mean to tell me they're all Japanese/Asian? LOL!
+1   

5 months ago '11        #5
CALViiiN 712 heat pts712
space
space
$19,673 | Props total: 41036 41036
Scarlett HoHanson said,

“I’m proud of my Asian brothers and sisters”

+1   

5 months ago '15        #6
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,641 | Props total: 25832 25832
 CheapWomenOkay said
All anime characters look like white people. I don't care if they Japanese names and live in Japan or not. I've never confused no damn Asian in my life for somebody white. It's not humanly possible. Asians have a distinct look. Jet black hair and slant eyes. If want to call that racist, thats ridiculous. But no damn anime character looks even remotely Japanese, let alone Asian with Asian features.

Example: My Hero Academia- All the heroes have Japanese names, born in Japan, but they all look white! You mean to tell me they're all Japanese/Asian? LOL!
you obviously don't know how anime works then loser. Japanese people do not see the characters they create as "white looking". that is something westerners come up with.

5 months ago '17        #7
Coffee 46 heat pts46
space
space
space
$4,266 | Props total: 12217 12217
 CheapWomenOkay said

Lol Japanese don’t see those characters as white. Never have

5 months ago '12        #8
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$10,476 | Props total: 5158 5158
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
you obviously don't know how anime works then loser. Japanese people do not see the characters they create as "white looking". that is something westerners come up with.

This man found a blogger to use as a source.

5 months ago '15        #9
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said

Then why not draw characters that look like you? The only reason Anime is so popular worldwide is because the characters look white.

5 months ago '15        #10
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
 Coffee said
Lol Japanese don’t see those characters as white. Never have
They may personally never see it that way, but to the entire world, all Anime characters are white people.

5 months ago '15        #11
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
Why do black people cape so hard for Asians? They're the biggest white worshippers on the planet. Outside of Afro-Samurai, they damn sure don't make no black characters in any of their anime shows. Yet blacks cape for them still as if anime shows are people of color cartoons. Lol. Attack on Titan, Berserk, Castlevania, all white European.

5 months ago '15        #12
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
 Kingme said
Would you really watch a Anime movie with a full Asian cast? The answer is no you wouldn't. Japan makes anime movies all the time. Nobody is watching that sh*t at all. You even sh*t on your comment. At least of Asian descent? Biracial Asians that look white. Even you must realize that Anime characters look white, or else you would have said just Asian people.

5 months ago '15        #13
CheapWomenOkay 
space
space
space
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said

So when you watch Anime, you see nothing but Asian people? What race of people do you see? Afro-Samurai, black. Blade Runner 2049, black. Is everyone else Asian?

5 months ago '07        #14
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$91,973 | Props total: 19715 19715
 br82186 said
Shout out to them. Intrigued to see how they can follow this up.
Probably won’t be a sequel cuz there’s only one book I believe but given Hollywood these days ya never know ... unles you mean the upcoming weeks

5 months ago '11        #15
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,499 | Props total: 1079 1079
Movie was excellent

5 months ago '13        #16
Solesearcher 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,105 | Props total: 2542 2542
 CheapWomenOkay said
Why do black people cape so hard for Asians? They're the biggest white worshippers on the planet. Outside of Afro-Samurai, they damn sure don't make no black characters in any of their anime shows. Yet blacks cape for them still as if anime shows are people of color cartoons. Lol. Attack on Titan, Berserk, Castlevania, all white European.
Feel you but with my current gf who is Asian I feel like if Asians/Black start to come together and get on the same page we can do some damage

5 months ago '05        #17
Left Hook 29 heat pts29
space
space
$13,512 | Props total: 2278 2278
 CheapWomenOkay said
All the Asians I know bond with black people.

I can’t speak for the older generation, but I know younger people of colour are supporting each other more and more.

I’m Asian and two of my groomsmen are black, the other two being Asian (bro and cousin)

5 months ago '17        #18
lucifershammer 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,369 | Props total: 21417 21417
 Kingme said
i think anime is a big time export

so they gonna make characters look very western

Chesters said
n*ggas the only people who don't support their own
what?

5 months ago '17        #19
lucifershammer 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,369 | Props total: 21417 21417
 Chesters said
Spike Lee movie flopped while Asians supported this movie and it went number 1
lee movies are long and pretentious

and the subject matter wasnt movie material

5 months ago '05        #20
SupremeG56 
space
space
space
$815 | Props total: 89 89
A true social experiment should happen to help people realize the power they have in there hands. By supporting ourselves we can help take business and opportunities back towards the minorities and start making headway on changing the future.

5 months ago '16        #21
TomDick&Harry 34 heat pts34
space
space
$3,696 | Props total: 8563 8563
 Solesearcher said
Feel you but with my current gf who is Asian I feel like if Asians/Black start to come together and get on the same page we can do some damage
If u dont sit your a.ss down.

n*ggas these days are pathetic. "Yeah, they racist but my girlfriend is one of them If we come together we can do some thangs"

5 months ago '08        #22
DooM 67 heat pts67
space
space
$28,928 | Props total: 22466 22466
In anime, they'll tell you if a character is supposed to be white/European by where they're from/ their name.

I didnt know white people sometimes have "natural" blue hair and big a.ss eyes.

5 months ago '11        #23
PotheadFocker 174 heat pts174
space
space
$34,765 | Props total: 12127 12127
Racially charged thread is racially charged

5 months ago '18        #24
Kodack sixnine 252 heat pts252
space
space
space
$2,422 | Props total: 15179 15179
 CheapWomenOkay said

Nah b. Go to Tokyo and you see dudes walking around there straight out of an anime

5 months ago '11        #25
panamaican 
space
space
space
$1,267 | Props total: 2297 2297
Anime characters follow a lot of preset looks that are meant to tell you about the characters personalities. I imagine that if you don't watch a lot of anime, the characters don't look stereotypically Asian. If you do watch a lot of anime, you see lots of stereotypical asian looking characters. Then you see that all of the blond/red haired men have the same personality and go through the same character arc. The green-haired girl always has the same personality and same story arc. The black haired guy is super serious and talented and goes through the same general story arc.

These things are tropes in the medium. They're not about making the characters look white. But when all of the people in your country share the same general appearance - straight dark hair, dark eyes, etc., your cartoons are going to need some variety to make it easier to follow which character is which.

U.S. cartoons do the same thing in their own fashion.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  44
Jan 18 - Trump to make announcement on border protection and shutdown tomorrow..
167 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+62online now  37
Proof That There Are Aliens In The Ocean
104 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+148online now  32
Image(s) inside She Got Those A-Cup Tiddies But, That Petite Ass Is Stupendous!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-31online now  12
Drake Exposed For Sliding into A Transgender Women’s DMs
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  12
Soulja Boy Explains Why Cell Is His Favorite Dragon Ball Z Charachter
118 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+57online now  11
NBA Shaq on Michael Jordan 'He F*cked Me Up After I HARD Fouled Him' January 2..
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-20online now  9
Jan 18 - Buzzfeed Reporter on CNN: No We Have Not Seen the Evidence for our Re..
300 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+76online now  7
Image(s) inside Troy Ave Low-Key Calls Assonova A "Pwussy Rap Nigga!"
169 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy